Recent Forum Changes

Shit should be censored to Poop and Fuck should censored to Eff

I wanted the censor to substitute "fuck" with "snu snu", personally.

i quite like this rule

Smasher Claus said:
I think that's a good rule.

IceShadow1199 said:
Chilly said:
A new rule (Rule 16) has been added.

Thank god.

You do know that one of your posts was used in the new rule as an example of exactly what not to do, right?

Yeah, but have some dibs on me because the thread I bumped wasn't even 6 year old. (I'm looking at you, Santa Mage)

EDIT: Wait, there are 3 examples. I didn't even know the Koopalings thread was bumped lol.

IceShadow1199 said:
Yeah, but have some dibs on me because the thread I bumped wasn't even 6 year old. (I'm looking at you, Santa Mage)

EDIT: Wait, there are 3 examples. I didn't even know the Koopalings thread was bumped lol.

Can we just look at this post for a minute? I've neatly quoted it so that if you decide to edit or delete it we all have a nice record of what has transpired.

IceShadow1199 said:
have some dibs on me

What the actual fuck? Is that proper usage of the term dibs at all? Now if we have a simple capitalization error and you're offering us some of the ice cream-based snack made by Dreyer's, I'd be delighted.

IceShadow1199 said:
thread I bumped wasn't even 6 year old.

Here we go, the classic, "at least I wasn't as bad as this guy." So what? You still violated the rule. This can be perceived as you saying that you don't care what you did and haven't learned from your mistakes because someone else's mistake was considered worse.

So from now on, instead of bumping an old topic we might find useful, just create a new topic concerning the same thing?

Wait, why is part of the rule in blue text and part of it in black text? Is the blue text meant to be ignored for Mindless Junk, or does the complete rule still apply to Mindless Junk?

If I'm right, the "black text" you're talking about contains links to posts that are examples of what not to do. The parts that aren't links are completely in blue, so the rule doesn't apply to mindless junk.

In that case, I better understand the rule. It was just confusing seeing the rule being partly written in blue text, and partly written in a different colour. That cleared up all the confusion on my part. Thanks for explaining.

YoYoYoshi said:
So from now on, instead of bumping an old topic we might find useful, just create a new topic concerning the same thing?
No, bumping an old topic for a good reason (like contributing information) is still perfectly fine. It's just bumping for no good reason (like "I bumped this because I was bored") that's banned.

The snow on top of the logo up there is a nice touch.

Yeah, I didn't really know where else to put this.

I can't see, possibly me being on an iPad, but seeing as I won't get computer access for another few days, can I get a screencap of it?

Back