Recent Forum Changes

After discussing his lack of contribution to moderating outside of the Mafia board, Marioguy1 has resigned from his position as a global moderator, but he'll still retain his position as Local Moderator in the Mafia Board.

On another note, rule 8 has been updated (by a couple words) to officially cover harassment of other users.

Rule 8 said:
Show respect towards ALL members, no matter who they are. Do not insult, belittle, flame, or harass people, and don't bait them into flaming you. Don't be a troll. No racial slurs or any type of prejudicial comments.

He's referring to Yami's avatar. I think she did that herself.

Game Boy said:
I like how you change the avatar once they get banned. Nice addition, never noticed it.
They don't...
Yami changed it according to SMB.

Yeah, Yami changed it. The moderators have nothing to do with it.

Oh, then we should do something like that. It be easier to know who's banned and who's not without looking at the thread or put that as other users avatars that were banned a long time ago.

Game Boy said:
Oh, then we should do something like that. It be easier to know who's banned and who's not without looking at the thread or put that as other users avatars that were banned a long time ago.
Well, we got the Banned membergroup for that, but it's not exactly used anymore.

I understand that both height and width must be there if one wishes to resize a sig, but really those are mandatory? I spent some timing putting my sig rotation images in the proper dimensions.

Dalque said:
I understand that both height and width must be there if one wishes to resize a sig, but really those are mandatory? I spent some timing putting my sig rotation images in the proper dimensions.
Uhm, as far as I know, neither are required. If you specify one of them, the other will be determined automatically.

They are mandatory, I just tried to remove the size coding and it keeps putting them back every time I save it.

I could try checking with Steve, but I don't think there'd be a whole lot he could do about that.

An alternative method is to make each image the same size, but rather than resizing the image, and messing up the quality, you could fill the empty space with transparency using an image editing program like GIMP or Photoshop.

They weren't automatically placed there before we upgraded to SMF 2.0, so there's a chance it's an optional feature.

Or just do what Crash said.

YOU CAN'T FIRE ME... I QUIT... err... yeah, I won't be getting regular internet usage for a while. It was a pleasure serving you guys. *salute*

I was just reading the rules out of boredom since I haven't read them in a while:

If you do not have an account on the wiki, your username may be changed twice per year (consistent with the rule on the wiki). If your username doesn't match your name on the wiki, please contact a Global Moderator to have it changed.

Is this still the rule, or is it outdated? Because I've seen people without wiki accounts get their name changed more than once per year, and I believe I changed mine several times back in 2011 when they let us change our names as much as we wanted.

And also:

If you are unable to log into your account, (ex: because you lost your password), DO NOT create another account. Simply contact a forum Administrator on their corresponding wiki talk page. We will reset your password, then email it to you.

What if you don't have a wiki account, or are banned from the wiki but have an account here (like me)?

Answering the first one: That only applies to your username, which is what you log in with. Your display name can be different and can still be changed after a month.

Back