Favorite SSB Game

Which SSB game is your favorite?

  • Super Smash Bros.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl

    Votes: 8 57.1%

  • Total voters
    14

Stooben Rooben

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff
Even though I haven't played the original, I found Brawl to be much more fun and exciting than Melee. The controls were easier, there were more characters, more stages, a great soundtrack, and lots of playability.
 

King Boo

"I'm definitely NOT doing this to help you, Pit."
Brawl is better, but Melee had faster gameplay and was more balanced.
 

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
i didnt play Melee, so between SSB and bBrawl, i remain with Brawl
 

Stooben Rooben

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff
McToast said:
Brawl has a ton of good stuff, but I think Melee's battle style was the best. And plus, most of the Melee character's Up+B's wernt fail.
Good point.

Too bad I suck at Melee.
 

Smiddle

Power Star
Toadbert said:
Brawl has a ton of good stuff, but I think Melee's battle style was the best. And plus, most of the Melee character's Up+B's wernt fail.
Indeed. *points towards Pit*
 

Smiddle

Power Star
Toadbert said:
$ππ!∂∂∫£ said:
Toadbert said:
Brawl has a ton of good stuff, but I think Melee's battle style was the best. And plus, most of the Melee character's Up+B's wernt fail.
Indeed. *points towards Pit*
*points toward Olimar, Ike, Diddy and Meta Knight*
Ike's wasn't as much fail as the others, in my opinion.
 

Stooben Rooben

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff
Toadbert said:
$ππ!∂∂∫£ said:
Toadbert said:
Brawl has a ton of good stuff, but I think Melee's battle style was the best. And plus, most of the Melee character's Up+B's wernt fail.
Indeed. *points towards Pit*
*points toward Olimar, Ike, Diddy and Meta Knight*
Meta Knight and Diddy's up+B didn't really seem like instant fails to me.
 

BEEEEEAAARRRS

how about a rousing game of pool
$†øøߥ said:
Toadbert said:
$ππ!∂∂∫£ said:
Toadbert said:
Brawl has a ton of good stuff, but I think Melee's battle style was the best. And plus, most of the Melee character's Up+B's wernt fail.
Indeed. *points towards Pit*
*points toward Olimar, Ike, Diddy and Meta Knight*
Meta Knight and Diddy's up+B didn't really seem like instant fails to me.
Maybe its just me than.

I can never aim Meta Knight correctly, and it took me a while to learn you could charge Diddy's. But even so, you fall while charging, so there's not much point to it.
 

ShyGuy27

The Cardinal is dead -- long live The Cardinal!
Toadbert said:
$†øøߥ said:
Toadbert said:
$ππ!∂∂∫£ said:
Toadbert said:
Brawl has a ton of good stuff, but I think Melee's battle style was the best. And plus, most of the Melee character's Up+B's wernt fail.
Indeed. *points towards Pit*
*points toward Olimar, Ike, Diddy and Meta Knight*
Meta Knight and Diddy's up+B didn't really seem like instant fails to me.
Maybe its just me than.

I can never aim Meta Knight correctly, and it took me a while to learn you could charge Diddy's. But even so, you fall while charging, so there's not much point to it.
I just use Meta Knight's down B for recoveries.
 

Luigi+Daisyfan11

Violet Lumas ARE REAL!!!^
Brawl is better, but I miss Mewtwo, Pichu, Roy, Dr. Mario Young Link (I hate Toon Link), and any other character that is on Melee, but not Brawl. I think they shiuld have left out Lucas and put Mewtwo and Lucario in even though they are basically the same. Also, Pokemon Trainer is pretty stupid and I hate Roy, Marth, and Ike, but Marth is the worst which is pretty odd since he was in both games. On the next SSB, Waluigi, Daisy, and Maybe even Rosalina should be playable.
 

Easmo

Bob-omb
I think that every series needs at least 2 characters, except for the "retro ones" in which you can´t use more characters because there aren´t many more to use. For example, Ice Climbers and Game&Watch can go alone and they oth fit in the "retro series". But, for the rest of them, there´s no excuse to have only one playable character.

-Falcon NEEDS another F-Zero character. I was SO dissapointd to see Samurai Goroh just as an assist trophy that only uses his katana (as if there weren´t enough sword-men in Brawl).

-Same goes for Wario and Waluigi. I specially hate this because Waluigi´s under the shroom logo instead of the "W" one, which saddens me because even if Waluigi is only used for cameos in Wario´s games, he´s still his damn brother, and Wario should get a partner like any other series.

-Samus NEEDS Ridley. Yeah, he was one of the coolest bosses (heck, you fight him TWICE) but I want him as playable, even if Brawl had a ton of heavyweights already. I don´t want to see anybody with the "he´s just too big" argument, because techinically in the first games (Super Metroid for example) he´s about twice as tall as Samus, not the size of a freaking Skyscraper like in the newer ones. I mean, Bowser´s the best example: he´s about 1´5 Marios yet in 64 he was three times taller and in Sunshine´s final battle he´s 15 times taller. Seriously, Nintendo, WTF.

I think that´s it although I´d like to see Sigurd and Roy´s return on the Fire Emblem side, Dixie and/or K.Rool on the DK side, bring back Mewtwo for the pokeymans side, bring back Dr.Mario for the Mario side, and... I think that´s it.

Yoshi is excuded from the rule because his games are mostly associated with Mario (heck, his series of games only use Mario characters except most of them are in baby versions), so, even if he´s got his own logo just like MK got his own victory theme while still beign a Kirby character, he still counts as a Mario character for me.

I think that´s it.

In any case and back on topic, I prefer Melee´s gameplay style and balance: Metaknight´s overpower just grinds my gears every time I battle him, specially with nerfed characterslike Falcon, Ganon or Mario.
 

Glowsquid

Shine Sprite
Forum Moderator
Wiki Bureaucrat
Core 'Shroom Staff
I prefer Brawl simply because it actually has other controls scheme than the hideous Gamecube pad. Though there are some thing I miss from Melee:

-The announcer
-Kirby's dash attack
-Some stages that weren't brought back in brawl
-Captain Falcon not being ridiculously bad
-The slightly less bad writing for the trophies (Just take a look at Brawl's trophy description for the Subspace enemies. Or better yet, DON'T)
-The lack of stickers (What was the point of that shit?)
-Individual Smash the Target levels for each characters.
 

ChaosNinji

Shine Sprite
Easmo said:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...

why did you never tell me you were a fire emblem fan

Luigi+Daisyfan11 said:
Brawl is better, but I miss Mewtwo, Pichu, Roy, Dr. Mario Young Link (I hate Toon Link), and any other character that is on Melee, but not Brawl. I think they shiuld have left out Lucas and put Mewtwo and Lucario in even though they are basically the same. Also, Pokemon Trainer is pretty stupid and I hate Roy, Marth, and Ike, but Marth is the worst which is pretty odd since he was in both games. On the next SSB, Waluigi, Daisy, and Maybe even Rosalina should be playable.
Also, no, to your entire post.
 

Luigi+Daisyfan11

Violet Lumas ARE REAL!!!^
Thief said:
Easmo said:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...

why did you never tell me you were a fire emblem fan

Luigi+Daisyfan11 said:
Brawl is better, but I miss Mewtwo, Pichu, Roy, Dr. Mario Young Link (I hate Toon Link), and any other character that is on Melee, but not Brawl. I think they shiuld have left out Lucas and put Mewtwo and Lucario in even though they are basically the same. Also, Pokemon Trainer is pretty stupid and I hate Roy, Marth, and Ike, but Marth is the worst which is pretty odd since he was in both games. On the next SSB, Waluigi, Daisy, and Maybe even Rosalina should be playable.
Also, no, to your entire post.
I meant that I miss characters because I would ratehr have more charcters than less. So I don't care which charcters are in it, yet I do hate Fire Emblem, but I would rather have them in the game then not have them, and NO to your post to.
 

Weasel

Donkey Kong
Retired Forum Mod
My favorite is Brawl. The character selection is great, except for Toon Link. We don't need two Links. The soundtrack is pretty damn good too, especially the F-Zero music. It also has the most replayablility, imo.

Luigi+Daisyfan11 said:
On the next SSB, Ridley, Black Shadow, and most definitely Mega Man should be playable.
fix'd
 
N

Nerdy Guy

Guest
Metal Man said:
My favorite is Brawl. The character selection is great, except for Toon Link. We don't need two Links. The soundtrack is pretty damn good too, especially the F-Zero music. It also has the most replayablility, imo.
1. Melee also has two links.
2. I agree with everything in that post. (that I left in...)
 

Smiddle

Power Star
≥£®∂¥ ₲Ú¥ said:
Metal Man said:
My favorite is Brawl. The character selection is great, except for Toon Link. We don't need two Links. The soundtrack is pretty damn good too, especially the F-Zero music. It also has the most replayablility, imo.
Melee also has two links.
That wasn't needed either IMO.

Anyway, my favourite is SSBB because it has more possibilities (more characters, stages (and even customiseable such), etc.)
 

ChaosNinji

Shine Sprite
Luigi+Daisyfan11 said:
I meant that I miss characters because I would ratehr have more charcters than less.
Even if they're the SAME CHARACTER?

So I don't care which charcters are in it,
Obviously, you do.

yet I do hate Fire Emblem,
Have you ever played Fire Emblem? If you haven't, you can't have an opinion, and I don't want any "I DUN LIKE MARF, ROI, AND EYEK SO FE IS DA TERRIBLE GAYME" bullshit.

but I would rather have them in the game then not have them,
Even if they're the SAME CHARACTER?
and NO to your post to.
But I'm right, unlike you.
 
Top