Things that suck about.... any Mario game.

Beta footage of Galaxy had 8 hitpoints. It was probably just too easy with that much health so they cut it down.
even in galaxy, you'd die most of the time by falling into black holes and stuff (and you can't take fall damage which also took away quite a bit of your health a lot), so I think the 8 health is a bit much

I also think that Odyssey's UI design is generic and bland. Like, take a look at the health meter from previous games.

Power_SM64.png
Life_SMS.png
SMG_Health_Meter.png

All bright and colorful, with some artistic design behind them and more than just three colors used.

And look at Odyssey's

SMO_Normal_Health_Meter.png

I could also get into the coin counter but you get my point...It's just...boring.
Think of it like this: All of those games were in different generations of Nintendo. Mario Odyssey came more recently, so it goes with how things are today. P.S Honestly, I always found the Galaxy meter kinda bland.

Last edited:
Galaxy's was a little bland, but it was colorful and had the iconic Mario font and it looked sort of spacey. The UI in Odyssey fits current trends, but it doesn't fit the themes of Odyssey in any way. They may as well have just put a plain number without the heart or bars if they're going to be that shamelessly soulless about it.

If the Blooper sidetracked the racer in front of you. They dropped the Pow Block item anyway, so I guess the blooper could fit this role.

The Blooper should definitely be buffed, but I'm so glad the POW Block from Mario Kart Wii is gone. That item is just insufferable.

If you think POW Block while racing is bad enough, just imagine a Coin Battle where any hit smacks off half your coins, and the POW block is practically unavoidable.

Camera angles in the 3D games or specifically Mario 64, but I did find the Mario Galaxy camera angles a bit disorienting the first time I played that. Mario 64 though still has really some of the worse camera angles (for me). Platforming with the camera wonky is...no Bueno.

Back