Which platform do you prefer?

What gaming platform do you prefer?

• Total voters
Console for me. PC is fine but mine isn't the most powerful thing on the planet and keyboard controls just suck. Mobile games tend to be more on the simplistic side, and also tend to follow the free-to-play model that so few people know how to execute properly.

I've sunk the most hours into PC games, but I also enjoy a lot of console games. I don't think I've been fully into mobile gaming since I was in middle school, if I'm going to be real.

PC. I like the convenience of being able to tab out of a game and talk to people during lulls in gameplay, and do so with an actual keyboard instead of a small phone screen. Plus, various modding communities tend to be more widely available for PC games, which can be a good way to extend the lifespan of games you've since grown tired of, or that have little nagging flaws that detract from a perfectly enjoyable experience.

I'm also accepting of handheld consoles since I can still sit near the PC with those and enjoy roughly the same advantages I listed above. My times of sitting in front of a TV are over however, and if I never had to buy another home console that requires a TV to work, I would not complain.

I find phone games boring and only good as a time waster if you're waiting for a bus or something.

pc master race

PC's are irrefutably superior when it comes to specs, when you have thousands upon thousands of dollars at your disposal, or an education in pc building.. neither of which I have

I prefer consoles.

PC's are irrefutably superior when it comes to specs, when you have thousands upon thousands of dollars at your disposal, or an education in pc building.. neither of which I have

You need neither thousands of dollars nor an education in PC building to make a decent computer that can run most games. The computer I was running, I built back when the Wii was still selling, it costed around 800 dollars with the bulk of it coming from the graphics card but it can still run Wii U games at full speed, so it's still cheaper in the long run than two generations of consoles + expensive 60 dollar exclusives. To be fair, I had to run with two video cards as the first one broke down, but my point is, it's a great investment to make and you don't need a major in IT to build one (a YouTube video about your rig you want to build and case are great resources).

I know it's not cheap, but it's not unaffordable either. I still love my PC to this day being able to handle most games you throw at it despite getting older and more dated as time goes by. I don't know how well it would run games released this year but I don't think I need an upgrade, not yet anyway.

TV Screens are bigger, though.

I feel like this is offset by how you usually sit farther away from a TV screen though, giving you a roughly same-y end result.

...unless you sit smooshed right up against the screen for some reason, upon which I'd wonder what's supposed to be better about having a hard time seeing the whole picture and getting eye strain.

I've used a computer on a large TV screen with its soundbar and all and played games on it.

It's actually pretty neat, seeing your game play on the big screen. It's like an in-home variant of going to a theater to watch a movie.

Web-browsing and other activities, well you just get used to it. It doesn't need a big screen, but the big screen doesn't take away anything from it. I can't see a foot in front of me without my glasses anyway so I have to wear glasses regardless if the screen is on my face or if it's 4 feet away.

I'm more of console/handheld guy personally although I sometimes enjoy some PC gaming as well.

this is

an interesting question

pc is definitely better in basically every way as far as raw power is concerned and thanks to stuff like steam sale you can usually get games on pc for significantly cheaper than their console variants would be priced at. which kinda balances out the heaftier price an up to date pc rig costs as compared to whatever the current gen home console is. plus you can always just upgrade some parts on some rigs without having to fork out money for an entirely new machine whenever the newest gen does roll around. with the nice added bonus about not having to worry about backwards compatibility etc.

in spite of this though, there are some factors that have led me to playing on dedicated gaming consoles over the years more often than I do on My Personal Computer. the big factors being convenience and exclusives. convenience wise, handheld console games can be played pretty much anywhere and while yes i can bring my laptop more places than my ps4 it's a bit easier to just whip 3ds out of my pocket and start playing instantly than to pull a laptop out of it's case and attach a mouse and find a place where i can put it down without having to worry about moving too much or it getting damaged etc. i'm also a bit more hesitant to pull out a 600 dollar machine and just use it at the breakroom at work. granted handheld consoles cost a fair bit of money too but I usually find them to be a somewhat more durable and less likely to like, actually be damaged. also even disregarding handhelds, I have a really shitty internet connection and as the only real viable way for me to obtain most pc games is too download them from places like steam. however (unless it's something old-ish like Civ 5 or some graphic novels or platformers) it basically always takes me almost if not more than a week to download anything and I wont even really be able to do anything else online while the download is in progress and by the time it's done downloading i'll have typically lost the desire to actually play the game. also since my current pc doesnt have alot of storage space downloading everything ahead of time and then just playing it whenever i feel like it isn't really an option. compare this to being able to just shove a disk in my ps4 and play on the spot whenever i feel like it without having to worry about running out of storage either and yeeeaaaah i think it's fairly easy to see why consoles are a much more attractive prospect to my "i need it here and now" ass. and when you factor exclusive games on consoles in addition to multiplatform releases it just.....doesn't make too much sense for me to pull my laptop out and go through a 9 day download process for The Witcher 3 when I could just whip out the switch and have both The Witcher 3 and Fire Emblem: Three Houses on the spot. (disclaimer i dont own witcher on the switch im just trying to illustrate my point)

i lost 70 dollars to a gacha so fuck mobile games

I'd say PC is the way to go because PS and Xbox are trying to be consolisations of PCs. The Switch is the only thing that makes Nintendo stand out from the rest. Today it's the only system that's worth having aside from the PC.

I'd say PC is the way to go because PS and Xbox are trying to be consolisations of PCs. The Switch is the only thing that makes Nintendo stand out from the rest. Today it's the only system that's worth having aside from the PC.
i'd argue sony's ps4 probably has enough exclusives on it to justify getting it over pc/switch or in addition to pc/switch. and with the existence of many good games on older consoles the switch certainly isnt the only one worth owning even when disregarding pc

I play a lot more console games but I've sunk a ton of hours into Minecraft Java Edition. So, both equally I guess? The only mobile game I have is Pac-Man 256. And that's only fun for about 10 minutes while I wait for my pizza to heat up, so definitely console and PC.

I own all platforms, but i enjoy consoles the most i play ALOT of xbox

not sure why i stick to console gaming i guess its because i grew up with them all my life?

i didnt get a gaming pc until college and the saddest thing is i only use it to play the binding of isaac, smite, or tf2 which i now rarely do
it runs games real well but now it just sits in my living room gathering dust

IMO:

Mobile is easily the worst as phones and so on are comparatively weak and most mobile games only have fiddly touch controls.

I had a harder time choosing between PC and Console though. It in part depends on whether or not you include Console emulators to make PC better. If not, Console easily wins because almost all Mario titles are exclusive to them. Truth be told, you can use a controller on a PC or a keyboard on a console, and you can use a TV screen with a PC so it mostly comes down to software.

Well anyway, Minecraft is the only PC game I'm really into, and even then I do own the Xbox 360 version as well (though that's obviously a lot less powerful.) Considering how difficult emulators can be e.g. having to hack your console if you want to rip your games, constant FPS drops and crashes, I'd probably still give this one to the Consoles. I just find there's something relaxing and comforting about just putting the disc in and playing how the devs intend these games to be played without having to deal with emulator setups and issues.

I also love how unique and creative Nintendo are with each generation. With the Switch (which I don't actually own myself) you get to play one moment with controls on the sides and a touchscreen in the middle and the next moment waving and pointing Joy-Cons at the big screen like back in the good old days of 2007. That's not something which Yuzu (FYI haven't used that either) can recreate no matter how good your processor is or anything.

man i dont even know honestly. i like both pc and console about equally. pc has like, more availability, it has more games id like to play, plus mod support is neat. meanwhile the switch(still my only console dam) has some exclusives and can generally run better games than my somewhat weak pc..

PC
It's true that game play in PC might be superior to that of the games' mother console.
Also you get some games free but a PC requires constant updates in hardware and software to keep up with the newly released games. I've seen my friend purchasing three graphic cards in 5 years.
Also this ain't portable
So No.

Mobile
It is portable of course! ^^. But the screen size is small and trust me, it's gonna cause strain even if the blue light filter is on. Also , you could play games like PUBG, CoC, CR with your friends which Is a positive aspect.
So
Maybe....

Portability(switch lite) , MW with friends, ability to connect with any screen size thus minimize the strain on eyes, new games released all year round
So,
what more does one need!?

Back