Let's refuse to take off our party hats.

Hot Cocoa

You forget a thousand things everyday…
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
She/They
MarioWiki
Cosmic Cowboy
That way we can protest to revive the art contest.

Let's refuse to take off our party hats.
I'd be happy to keep my hat on a little longer. The Awards ain't over until my Air Ride tournament finishes!

That way we can protest to revive the art contest.
...but unfortunately, it's far too late for this. It was cancelled because of a lack of submissions, and the submissions there were are already publicly visible here.

One thing I didn't like about the art contest is that the themes chosen are out of my scope. One of them is handicraft which I don't have the resource to do, plus it will also be added clutter. Another is "contemplation" which I just wasn't sure what to do. Finally there is one which involves Luigi that seems to only interest the person who suggested it because of how specific it sounded as it already involves 3 things (Luigi & encounter & grocery store) compared to the others' one (and also because I am not interested in Luigi). In fact, of the submissions that are published, only one of them used that theme and it's from the one who suggested this theme.

Thank you for reading.

Last edited:
In fact, of the submissions that are published, only one of them used that theme and it's from the one who suggested this theme.

This is incorrect, because I am the person who suggested this theme, and my submission didn't use it.

Your speculation regarding why I chose this theme is also off the mark. I merely did so because I thought it could be interesting, and some art contests thrive on the concept of creatively interpreting a specific scenario. It can provide a nice challenge for artists to try and coax the most out of a piece of work while struggling against a set of limitations. Art from adversity.

I personally like this type of restriction-based challenge, but other people weren't on board with it, which I guess happens. That is not something I could have foreseen ahead of time though, and should there ever be a new contest, I'm obviously not going to make the same mistake again.

This is incorrect, because I am the person who suggested this theme, and my submission didn't use it.

Your speculation regarding why I chose this theme is also off the mark. I merely did so because I thought it could be interesting, and some art contests thrive on the concept of creatively interpreting a specific scenario. It can provide a nice challenge for artists to try and coax the most out of a piece of work while struggling against a set of limitations. Art from adversity.

I personally like this type of restriction-based challenge, but other people weren't on board with it, which I guess happens. That is not something I could have foreseen ahead of time though, and should there ever be a new contest, I'm obviously not going to make the same mistake again.
OK, my bad. I just assumed that was the case because it's easy to deduce that only the person who suggested the idea would be able to follow through it. Glad that's not the case!

Thank you for reading.

Props to the person who actually gave the scenario a shot though.

And props to everyone who participated. It's always nice to me to see healthy exchange of arts and crafts.

And finally, huge props to BBQ Turtle, whose fantastic entry would have definitely knocked it out of the park.

Back