How do you like the new forums?

Is Neo Mario Boards great?

• I love the new layout; SMF pales in comparison

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • I like the new layout, but SMF had some cool features that I was disappointed to lose

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • The new layout is about on-par with the original one

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • I dislike the new layout, but enjoy the new features that came with it

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • I hate the new layout and it wasn't worth losing some of the old SMF features

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters
I'm one of those people who hates the initial re-design, but gets used to it in time.

Honestly, this is going to take some time to get used to in terms of the new forum system; however, although I'm not a fan of the Simple Machines Forum system, what was the case regarding people disliking that one, anyway? Been wondering about that.

Honestly, this is going to take some time to get used to in terms of the new forum system; however, although I'm not a fan of the Simple Machines Forum system, what was the case regarding people disliking that one, anyway? Been wondering about that.
it wasn't so much that we didn't like smf, i think the general consensus was that it was really great

we needed to change over due to some security issues or something along those lines

One of the things I hated about the old forums was the sheer difficulty to use images. Now being able to upload directly makes the forums better by a mile, in my opinion.

Even then, putting
around the images isn't exactly hard, but it does get annoying when images have such stupidly complex filenames.

Even after several weeks, there are some advantages and disadvantages of this new layout.

For example, quoting another user is cumbersome and annoying. I typically only quote one person at a time, yet you need to insert them from a separate window every time you want to do so.

Also, it's annoying how images get resized to be smaller if you are a guest. I hate forums that restrict basic stuff like viewing images at full size to registered members.

Oh, I guess that works.

Thanks for the help there. I'm not sure if anyone else but me had that issue though.

honestly the new layout is better in every way and i have zero issue it with other than some sort of 😒 smiley not being a a possible reaction that i can slap onto posts but that's just me

honestly the new layout is better in every way and i have zero issue it with other than some sort of 😒 smiley not being a a possible reaction that i can slap onto posts but that's just me

Getting all the emoji mashups from the Emoji Mashup Twitter Bot would instantly make me give the redesign 10/10.

Back