All of you

Wario's ass

King Bowser
Pronouns
He/him
Tell me why should I watch anime.

I've never watched anime in my life. Sad I know. But I thought maybe I could start now.

There's nothing sad about not watching anime, I too have never watched it and have no intention to watch it

It's something that if you want to watch it, you can, but nobody will force you to.

Wellll I wouldn't even be asking this if I wasn't interested at all lol.

Though I know a lot of people who dislike it.

if you like particular genres of fiction and find those in anime you will likely enjoy the shows you found

really i can't recommend "anime" as a monolithic block over individual shows due to variety in styles, genres, etc

Just seemed like you needed a reason, as if you didn't want to watch it, but felt like you had to since everyone else does

What? I said a lot of people I knew disliked it, not liked it lol. So the reason isn't exactly that everyone else watches it.

I find it a really bold thing to say if you dislike "anime" as if anime in of itself is a genre, like 3D animation or cartoons are. Anime is by and large just an animation style. Sure, yeah, there are general tropes and stuff in anime as well as a lot of cultural context that could potentially make it confusing for nonJapanese viewers but it's more descriptive and helpful for other people if they mention particular series that they dislike rather than just generalizing the entire medium because of a few vague shows they don't like.

Like, Blocky has pretty much summed up in his statement. If there's a particular genre in a show that you like, if there's a closer anime equivalent of it, chances are, you may end up liking it too. For example, I like a good comedy, so I remember ending up being fond of Sergeant Frog and Bobobobo-bobo-bobo myself.

don't

Saltman said:
What? I said a lot of people I knew disliked it, not liked it lol. So the reason isn't exactly that everyone else watches it.
It's nothing to do with your second post, your first post implied that you needed a reason to watch anime. You literally asked people to tell you why you should watch anime.

If you need a reason to watch something, you're likely not interested in watching it in the first place. If you're interested, you can just do it.

Holy shit, somebody on this forum actually said I was right about something

Hell yeah! You do you! You watch anime if you really want to! Woo!

Anime is alright. I've watched very little, but what I have seen has done its job and has managed to entertain me enough. Can't think of any on top of my head, but there's many kinds of anime, so not anything should be good, I imagine.

Disliking anime is kind of like disliking pizza. Unless you really can't stand the absolute core fundamentals (bread, tomato, and cheese), it is such a versatile thing that can be made in so many different ways and configurations that there is usually bound to be at least one variant that speaks to you in some way.

If you want to get into it, it would help if you told people what you're usually into, and what subjects and situations particularly interest you in media. That way people will be able to recommend you things to check out. There's not really one de facto beginner's anime that is right for everyone.

Back