Worlds of Mario 64

Stumpers

Hammer Bro.
Retired Wiki Staff
In the game, the worlds are only descriped as being "beyond the paintings." Where do you guys think they are? Alternate universes? Luigi's Mansion-style painting worlds? (see the final boss battle) Actual locations in the Mushroom World?

I think they're alternate dimensions.

ADMIN EDIT: Removed all unnecessary content.

I was thinking they were totally separate worlds isolated inside of the paintings. Why?

1. We've seen this in Luigi's Mansion

2. The worlds are decidedly square-edged... like a painting. Boo's Haunt and Hazy Maze Cave, two notable exceptions, are both NOT in paintings.

3. "Invisible Walls" are acknowledged by Nintendo for this game, and they aren't anywhere else. Maybe these are the frames?

Did Bowser create these worlds? I've forgotten.

3D, plz stay on topic for now :wink: I'm trying to figure something out for the Wiki... and I mean BUISINESS :twisted:

But I'll be happy to spaz with you another time ;)

I think they're teleporters that lead to far away regions of the Mushroom Kingdom.

Half of the posts in this thread were nothing but spam. I cleaned them out, but 3D, stay on topic. I'm serious.

And I think they are alternate dimensions OF the Mushroom Kingdom.

I think that you're ALL right!

There sure are a lot of deserts in the Marioverse, heh, maybe we could make a "Category: Deserts", could have Angry Aztec, Wild West, Gusty Gulch, Shifting Sand Land, Shiver Snowfield (its basicly a tundra, there counted as deserts)... could work.

Sir Grodus said:
There sure are a lot of deserts in the Marioverse, heh, maybe we could make a "Category: Deserts", could have Angry Aztec, Wild West, Gusty Gulch, Shifting Sand Land, Shiver Snowfield (its basicly a tundra, there counted as deserts)... could work.

Isn't there a "Dry Dry Desert" too? xD

Smiddle said:
How to name a Mario stage: [adjective] [adjective] [noun]

Great Green Grasslands! make all 3 words start with the same letter!

Max2 said:
Smiddle said:
How to name a Mario stage: [adjective] [adjective] [noun]

Great Green Grasslands! make all 3 words start with the same letter!

Don't forget about the Wicked Willy Water Land! D:
So, now the formula is (considering some have only one adjective): {alliteration [adjective] [optional adjective] [noun] [optional "land"]}

Woot. x3

Eh, they get a bit creative sometimes. Like, Glitzville, Rogueport, Petalburg, and others from Paper Mario 2. ;P
But, those are just the formula (a tad edited) with the words smushed together... xD

So, yeah. It is.

Many Mini-Marios! Radical Rainbow Road!

3dejong said:
Yeah. Hopefully, we'll see more inspired world names in Galaxy.

Coin Chomping Constellation and Beautiful Black Hole don't count, eh? xD

Back