Worlds of Mario 64

even some games have the level format! like...like... I forgot. but there are some!

Maybe Nintendo hasn't chosen the names yet. Maybe they're browsing the web looking for ideas. Maybe they'll stumble onto this wiki and use the names we have.

Wishful thinking, I know.
annoyed.gif

NINTENDO!!!! use this name: Terrifiying Torment Tower! or maybe not... how about: Tumble's Twin Towers! :)

:idea: I tought im some names too:

"Jollyfull Jungle Jambo Jumbo", "Iced Infernal Island","Chaotic Castle of Chaos","Mistic Magic Mountain","Metal Magnet Madness","Pointless Panic Planet","Disguised Dangerous Door of Darkness"Lost Land of Lethal Lake of Lava","Wild West Watered World", "Zed-Zap Zone of The Zestfull Zeppelin","Frozen Fortress from Fabulous Forest".

So,back to Mario 64, how come explain the "Endless Stairs"? I mean,how como it became "endless"? :?

Eraineda said:
:idea: I tought im some names too:

"Jollyfull Jungle Jambo Jumbo", "Iced Infernal Island","Chaotic Castle of Chaos","Mistic Magic Mountain","Metal Magnet Madness","Pointless Panic Planet","Disguised Dangerous Door of Darkness"Lost Land of Lethal Lake of Lava","Wild West Watered World", "Zed-Zap Zone of The Zestfull Zeppelin","Frozen Fortress from Fabulous Forest".

So,back to Mario 64, how come explain the "Endless Stairs"? I mean,how como it became "endless"? :?

if you have the DS version, you can see, it just teleports you lower on the stair after you reach a certain point... roughly 66% up, I think...

Since the stairs are essentially the same polygons over and over again, they can send you back to the beginning without causing any noticeable jump in the animation.

Yeah, I saw it on the video of the guy beating Super Mario 64 in fifteen minutes; pretty weird, looks like Mario just slides up the stairs backwards.

Are there any legitimate speed run videos nowadays?

And I'm not just talking Mario, I mean are there ANY out there?

SMW, SMB3, lots of 'em. MK64, SM64 (no cheating), MK:SC, and more. just look around youTube.

Sir Grodus said:
Yeah, I saw it on the video of the guy beating Super Mario 64 in fifteen minutes; pretty weird, looks like Mario just slides up the stairs backwards.

There's a video out there of a guy who beat Super Mario Bros. 3 in less then eleven minutes. ;P AMAZING player.
I'll see if I can fetch up the link. x3

EDIT:: Found it. ^^ This guy's a-ma-zing. Video brings back memories of the old days.. *sigh*

I saw that. He used glitches. Check out how Mario jumps and immediately goes down the pipe.

Yah, not possible.

Still a good video. ;D
I'm sure getting under a half hour is definitely possible, however. I'd be able to do it --with loads of practice--, if I was any good at World 8. xD (And if I still had the game. xD)

I consider the use of glitches for single player modes to be a perfectly legit form of gameplay. But, in multiplayer we gotta play by the rules, IMO. The glitches increase player's interests in the games! WHOOO! GO US! Yeah, can you tell where I ran out of things to say?

Depends on the glitch, in my opinion.
If something screwy happens with the game where you can't play properly, I'm all for getting rid of the glitch.
If something hilarious happens, good or bad, I'm all for it (every now-and-again).
If something benefits you in a way that makes you 'invincible' or 'perfect', I'm against it.
If a glitch benefits you minorly, like allowing you to, oh, I don't know, move a bit faster or stop easier, then I like it.

=3

As long as you don't have to hackzor the game, I don't think it's cheating... but you can't truely say you beat the game, that's true. I myself usually put in 30-50 hours in a good game before I actually beat it... so I don't think I'm the type of person we're talking about. :P But what about glitches such as the one in SM Sunshine where you could hit Mario's head on a log and go underwater? Or the minus world? Those are cooooool.

Oh, and btw, Monty... that was my quote, Not Smiddle's.

I don't like to use glitches like invincibility, faster speed, etc., until I've beaten the game. Cheat codes either.

Back