Your "head anti-canons"

I probably need to create some education programs of the visibility of the Mario species.

1. I don’t think SMB3 is a stage play because the only evidence of (aside from Word of God) it are aesthetics, some of which were altered in remakes such as the All-Stars version. Other details such as Mario exiting stage right are present in other games so why does SMB3 in particular have to be a play?

Furthermore Super Mario World’s (which is SMB4) manual directly references the events of SMB3 as something that happened. I feel Miyamoto May have came up with the idea later.

2. I am willing to except Paper Mario as some other universe, namely because the games aren’t even sure what they are. A normal world that’s Paper? A world that’s so Paper they don’t know what 3d objects are? A world where they know they’re paper?

3. Rosalina’s history is just screwed up and Nintendo doesn’t care. She delegated to yet another princess now.

4. While I would have sung a different tune years ago I’ll accept the Koopalings aren’t Bowser’s children. Evidence to me shows that there was some discrepancy between how the Koopalings were localized to Americans vs what the Japanese thought.

Back