Overrated/Underrated games.

Weasel

Donkey Kong
Retired Forum Mod
Easy enough. What are some games that get way too much credit and others that don't get enough?
*I don't think any of these games are bad*

Overrated
-Halo series - Great multiplayer, but to me, it's just another FPS game.

Underrated
-F-ZERO series (especially GX) - Seriously, this is the greatest racing game EVAR. If you've never played it, I highly reccomend it. ;)

And yet barely anyone plays it, and only 5 of the 11 games have been released worldwide.

Most people just ask "R MARF AND ROI IN DIZ GAYME?!?!"

Looniju said:
You don't need to PLAY something to overrated it, just look at Brawl before it came out.

People aren't going around saying "FIRE EMBLEM IS THE GREATEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD" (barring me).

Earthbound is pretty overrated. In fact, all the "perfect" games that everyone raves on ans on and on and on about (OoT, SM64, Brawl) are pretty overrated.

shyGuy: Most people say Melee > Brawl, not the other way around. I disagree with this, but it's the general opinion.

Looniju said:
Dashell said:
No, I go on quite a few.

Talking about Marth and Roy =/= Fire Emblem is God
But that's not all anyone talks about. :|

Cite some examples, please.

Dashell said:
shyGuy: Most people say Melee > Brawl, not the other way around. I disagree with this, but it's the general opinion.
Wait, I'm not the only one?

I like Melee more than Brawl simply because it had better stages and more daring music.

Brawl had mostly cheap, bad stages and minimally remixed songs (if remixed at all, which some shouldn't have been in the first place).

LarryTheCableGuy27 said:
I like Melee more than Brawl simply because it had better stages and more daring music.

Brawl had mostly cheap, bad stages and minimally remixed songs (if remixed at all, which some shouldn't have been in the first place).

lolwut

Brawl had half of Melee's stages, and some that were simply remade, and a bunch that were new.

Brawl also has, like, the biggest soundtrack in video game history, and it's beautifully orchestrated.

Those are the least of Brawl's problems.

Dashell said:
Brawl also has, like, the biggest soundtrack in video game history, and it's beautifully orchestrated.
I preferred Melee's songs.

Looniju said:
Overrated...
Super Paper Mario, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time(and The Legend of Zelda as a whole...), Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem, most other RPGs... F-Zero is pretty damn underrrated.

Underrated...
KORORINPA

No one hardly plays it. Which is a shame because GX is the best racing game ever. Apparently, having Captain Falcon in the Smash Bros. series isn't enough to make people play it.

The F-Zero demo in Brawl didn't really strike me as anything special. Sonic Riders played faster.

Brawl's target smash was a disgrace. It was like they were two days away from releasing and one guy goes "Oh, sh**, we forgot the target smash!" and another guy goes "Don't worry, instead of the vast originality of a different target smash for each character, we'll just make 5".

LarryTheCableGuy27 said:
The F-Zero demo in Brawl didn't really strike me as anything special. Sonic Riders played faster.

Too bad Sonic Riders had that stupid Air system.

Looniju said:
Brawl doesn't have the target smash music. ;_;

Master Lucario said:
Looniju said:
Overrated...
Super Paper Mario, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time(and The Legend of Zelda as a whole...), Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem, most other RPGs... F-Zero is pretty damn underrrated.

Underrated...
KORORINPA

No one hardly plays it. Which is a shame because GX is the best racing game ever. Apparently, having Captain Falcon in the Smash Bros. series isn't enough to make people play it.
Funny, as soon as Earthbound and Fire Emblem got into Smash Bros., they became the "best things ever".

Because people actually knew about them?

Also, you're grossly exagerrating any Fire Emblem love that's going around. Fangirling over Marth still =/= Loving the Fire Emblem game series.

Master Lucario said:
Looniju said:
Overrated...

Underrated...
KORORINPA

People need to realize that there's more to F-Zero than "FALCONE PAWNCH!!1! That isn't even in the actual game. Falcon in GX acts NOTHING like he does in Smash.

Also I think that Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 is kinda overrated. It sells used at GameStop for around 60 bucks. It's a good game, but a little to button-mashy for my tastes.

LarryTheCableGuy27 said:

GX is nothing that like one. GX is far faster than Sonic Riders (the cars reach speeds of over 1000 kilometers per hour), and was also developed by SEGA. I seriously suggest that you give GX a chance. It won't disappoint. However, I'd also like to say that GX is extremely difficult, and takes years to complete.

Overrated: Xenoblade Chronicles- I love it but the combat could use some fixing

Underrated: Star Fox Adventures- So if it's a Zelda clone, it's automatically a bad game...yyyyyyyyyeeeeeeaaaaahhhhh, this is a problem I have with the video game industry.

supermariofan said:
Underrated: Star Fox Adventures- So if it's a Zelda clone, it's automatically a bad game...yyyyyyyyyeeeeeeaaaaahhhhh, this is a problem I have with the video game industry.

That's not the only reason people disliked Star Fox Adventures. You act like it's the only reason people hated it.

I think a lot of complaints with Star Fox Adventures is that Star Fox has no business being a Link clone when fans were clamoring for another great Star Fox game after Star Fox 64.

Back