Mach Speed Mayhem (Superchao 'Shroom Section)

Miu Iruma said:
Q: Do you need a thread for this when you don't for interviews?
A: Yes I do. The reason is because this section features fan participation!

Reread the OP and now I'm kind of hoping for some kind of fan-voted interviews thread :P

Also please be Blood Falcon, because a line in my 'Shroom section isn't going to make much sense if it's not

Blood Falcon since Captain Falcon has an alt based on him in Smash.

Alright, that's the voting finished! And the results are...

#25: Blood Falcon - 8 votes
#10: James McCloud - 5 votes
#16: The Skull - 2 votes
#17: Antonio Guster - 1 vote
#19: Leon - 1 vote
#09: Mr. EAD - 1 vote
#36: Princia Ramode - 1 vote
#18: Beastman - 1 vote
#38: PJ - 1 vote
#03: Dr. Stewart - 1 vote

Well, that's pretty decisive. As the people have asked, I'll cover Blood Falcon in December's issue of Mach Speed Mayhem!

Now, I've got something I wanna ask the thread - not a formal poll, but an opinion survey to help me decide. I've got three ideas for what to do with votes for characters that didn't win when it's time to start January's poll.

Proposal 1: Wipe all votes and require everyone to vote from scratch, clearing the board (which could be tedious if you wanted to just do the same guy until that one wins)
Proposal 2: Carry over all votes (which could give a character an insurmountable lead to start with)
Proposal 3, which Pitohui suggested: Make two posts each month, where the second is a "Like this post if you want to no-effort carry your vote over without having to write it up". Basically the first idea but with a shortcut so that people who want to re-vote someone don't have to go through the effort of posting it again and again.

What do people think, which one should I do?

1 would be easiest, 2 would mean you have to keep track of who has already voted should they decide to vote someone different. Voting through likes on someone else's vote is also a good idea (I think I understood 3 correctly).

So either 1 or 3 for me.

Alex95 said:
Voting through likes on someone else's vote is also a good idea (I think I understood 3 correctly).
Nah, the likes would be on my post to say "hey, I'm just doing the same vote I did last month". Liking someone else's posts wouldn't be relevant.

Hope that clears things up.

Issue 141 is out, featuring Blood Falcon as per the popular vote!

After listening to commentary here and talking with various people, I have decided to implement Option 3. The votes are now reset to 0 for every character for the January issue, but I'll make a second post after this one. Liking specifically that post will automatically reuse your final vote from last month (unless you voted for Blood Falcon or didn't vote). It feels like the fairest way to handle everyone.

Voting for the January issue of Mach Speed Mayhem will close on January 5th. Get your votes in by then!

Back