Super Setting Sunshine - Analysis of Isle Delfino

ZoomZike

YouTube/ZoomZike
Heya, I made a post a bit ago about a theoretical Mario Kart 9 and there were some great responses there, so I thought I'd share a video I recently made regarding Isle Delfino and how it makes Super Mario Sunshine stand out among all the other Mario platforming titles.

I talk about Isle Delfino's culture, and how the game uses its culture to create a sense of diversity between levels that's way more refreshing than the environmental diversity we receive in every other Mario platformer (i.e. Grass, Sand, Forest, Volcano)

If you have the time then take a look, more love for this game is always warranted!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxl6PNbmu_0

All of these reasons are why I want Isle Delfino as a Mario Odyssey kingdom. Just the amount of diversity present there is awesome.

Plus I want Piantas in HD.

Moldomré said:
All of these reasons are why I want Isle Delfino as a Mario Odyssey kingdom. Just the amount of diversity present there is awesome.

Oh yeah, Isle Delfino as a Kingdom in Odyssey was a missed opportunity.

At least you'll be able to see Piantas in HD through Smash Ultimate!

Mmm, maybe. I don't normally consider audience models to be exactly HD. We seem to have HD Piantas from the Mario & Sonic games, so there's that too.

ZoomZike said:
Moldomré said:

Oh yeah, Isle Delfino as a Kingdom in Odyssey was a missed opportunity.

At least you'll be able to see Piantas in HD through Smash Ultimate!

I wouldn't say "was" just yet. They might be scheming some DLC for the games anniversary. Of course they might pull a BotW and release some art. Which isn't that bad either.

Best way to do HD Piantas though? Sunshine remake. Better yet, a sequel. Every 3D Mario has some sort of sequel/remake except for Sunshine and Odyssey.

The setting is the best thing about Sunshine. I love its interconnected world and how it actually feels like a real location with real inhabitants rather than just a bunch of levels. It's so much better than 3D World with its completely disconnected levels and its sparse and speechless inhabitants.

Czario said:
The setting is the best thing about Sunshine. I love its interconnected world and how it actually feels like a real location with real inhabitants rather than just a bunch of levels. It's so much better than 3D World with its completely disconnected levels and its sparse and speechless inhabitants.

I had been playing 3D Land and World so long that when I first heard about Odyssey, I was surprised when the fact that NPCs could talk again finally sunk in.

On another note, who else hates the Noki redesign in MK8? Their lips are too fat!

Czario said:

All of the New Super Mario Bros. styled games are like that, which is why I haven't been keeping up with the series at all as of late. Odyssey seemed to touch upon what made Sunshine so great by having inhabitants with differing cultures, but the locations you visit aren't as developed as Isle Delfino, and they feel too separate from the rest of the world.

i think i might make a real tourist's guide to isle delfino, and by that i mean a hitchikers guide sorta deal
maybe animated, idk
the vid inspired me, and i think it could be a really neat idea
(also i want to explore the connection to the TTYD piantas)

Reactions: zel
Back