The "is the image i found official" thread

Paper Ray Trace

The flattest and most real Paper Mario character.
Re: The "is the image i found oficial" thread

Pretty sure this image is official...it came directly from a video. I recognize Yoshi and Pac-Man getting their asses kicked by this item. There's even a watermark in that image saying that it came from a Nintendo channel (that Mario head).

This is a GameExplain video of that part and the segments are the same.

Paper Mario the First

He is the one and only....

According to the log (how do I link logs...), I assume it was "official" artwork but was edited from the original image. The screenshot itself, however, should be acceptable.

Paper Ray Trace

The flattest and most real Paper Mario character.

Yeeaaaah you shouldn't edit out images like that and pass it off as "artwork", especially with something like the Smash Ball and its ilk which probably has a glowing effect that you can't really crop out anyway.

Just upload the screenshot itself, that is fine.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
Yeeaaaah you shouldn't edit out images like that and pass it off as "artwork", especially with something like the Smash Ball and its ilk which probably has a glowing effect that you can't really crop out anyway.
Hey, i didn't edited out the image; A contributor in SmashWiki did.

Mario jc

Shy Guy
Wiki Bureaucrat
It mostly just comes down to common sense. If it's from an official website, video etc. or a screenshot used in a professional news article, then it's official, but if the source or image itself is dubious, probably not. The image you took from SmashWiki didn't have a source, so it would have been a good idea to follow up on where the uploader got it first, was what I meant in the log. (He also has a MarioWiki account (Special:Contributions/Trainer_Alex), it seems.)