Interesting discovery regarding Bayonetta and the ballot

Lucario said:
Eh, still beyond amazing that he is the frikkin' first ever indie character to even appear physically in Smash to me, playable or not.

I mean, I thought Shantae had more chance than him.

Let me correct myself.

As a character that actually appears on the battlefield.

You know what.

I feel that Geno actually has some chance now if he doesn't come back as a Mii costume. I couldn't see it happening before, but now, with the presence of characters like King K. Rool, Simon and Ridley, I feel like he's basically almost guaranteed, or at the very least, would be heavily considered.

Not holding my breath on it, but, who knows? Anything can happen now!

Although I'll say Isaac is more likely, just solely based on that image Sakurai posted on Twitter that looks like it's supposed to be a Golden Sun battle. That puts him in the "very likely" category for me.

Seriously now, all of the newcomer characters so far, aside Inklings who were expected, took us by storm.

I don't remember who said it, but it seems like they're basing a lot of their decisions based on the Brawl ballot, rather than Smash 4's, meaning the last one was for 4. Bayonetta certainly wasn't the number one, but we can't really expect them to add Shrek anyway. To say that nobody wanted her is a stretch for sure, she was definitely requested quite a bit (obviously enough to have made it).

Back