The Mario & Sonic Clean-up Thread

By the way, how do you like the first mission article I created and I am open to anything you say. Here's the link: 2-on-2 Tag!. Also, I am going to go in the order of the mission list and not the order of the template.

Looks good, I had already seen it when you posted it! And that's fine, the navigation template order appears to be alphabetical but I agree that the in-game order is easier to follow, so stick with that. Thanks again for the help!

Looking at the quizzes, I am wondering what to do. I am wondering because a question is similar to another. And it's best to show you an example.
Q. Sonic and Tails are best friends… and brothers, too! A. No. Explanation. They're super close, but they're not actually related.
Q. Do you know what the relationship is between Sonic and Tails? A. Friends. Explanation. They're as close as brothers, but they're aren't related.
So this makes me wonder how to go about putting the questions in or if I should even do it at all. And the quizzes and answers are the only thing that could make content for the pages as there is not much to them save for exact same controls, point system, and rules with the exception of info about what the quiz covers in general.

Getting in the questions, no matter how similar, is probably the most important thing to do, I know there are some similar questions in there because I know that there are a few which refer to Peach's ponytail, one which asks if she has one and the other asks if both she and Daisy have them. The best way to put them in is in a table, with headers for the question, correct answer, explanation and other answers (something similar to what's currently on the 64th Trivia Quiz-Off page, except with more columns and information, obviously). It doesn't matter if you can't get every possible question, just get as many as you can.

That looks brilliant, keep going with that layout for the other quizzes. :)

OK, the awards are almost over now, so I'm back to working my way through the 2016 3DS articles again, and I've now finished five of the Plus Event articles, but I've now encountered a decision that needs to be made about categorising the Plus Events, as while they need to be included in the Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games Events category, I also think there needs to be one specifically for the Plus Events, but I'm not quite sure whether to make is a subcategory of the regular event one, as Plus Events only appear in 2016 3DS, or just make it into a new category altogether. There are enough articles do do either now, so I jst wanted to try to get some other people's thoughts before making a decision and the category.

Also, if you didn't notice, I've now made a to-do list of things I can't get done in the first post, so if you could check that out and see if there's anything in there that you could help with, that'd be great. It's all stuff I've brought up at some point or another in the past, but I just thought it'd be useful to have the list there so it's easier to get an idea of what exactly needs to be done. I'll update it when more stuff is needed.

OK, time for another update, as I've now managed to get all of the 2016 3DS events done! Aside from a few extra images, finding any advice I might have missed, weird rare circumstance rules and stupid mistakes, those articles are all done now. I still don't quite know what to do about the Plus Events category though, so some input on that would be helpful. Next up, I'll be moving onto 2010 DS to finish up the handheld instalments, but I'll need to do some set-up work on the template and stuff first. I'm also fairly close to finishing off 2008 Wii with just the four Dream Events to go, but, annoyingly enough, I've run into yet another setback which'll stop my regular article creation again for now. I can't say exactly how long it'll take to get sorted yet, at best it looks like it could be about two weeks until it's back to normal, but it could be into the new year. In some more slightly better news though, Power Flotzo'll be looking into making some event articles for Tokyo 2020 when they get the game, so hopefully some of those should start appearing after the game's release. Anyway, that's four down and six to go now... until Tokyo 2020's released, and then it'll be eight to go.

Edit (3.11.19): I've now made a start for 2010 DS, I've started making articles and I've reworked the event section on the template for both DS and Wii as 2010 Wii is my next planned stop after 2008 Wii. There may be a few things missing from the articles at the moment, obviously anything from Adventure Tours I'll add that at a later date when I do my thorough playthrough of the mode, but I may be missing some other small things. Anyway, it's a start for now, and still no word on when I can get back to 2008 Wii.

Edit (13.11.19): The situation that was holding up article for creation for 2008 Wii has been resolved for the foreseeable future, so that's back in business. I've just created Dream Race which leaves three to go now, and I've also made nine of the 2010 DS articles at the time of writing this.

Last edited:
OK, this is a new post as there's a fair bit of news coming at once here. So, I've now finished all of the event articles for both 2010 DS and 2008 Wii- that means all of the handheld event articles are now complete, all of the dodgy old summer event articles are converted to disambiguation pages, and we're over the halfway mark until 2020 arcade comes out! So as for what's coming up next, on my less regular schedule I'll be moving onto 2010 Wii, as I've now got most of the framework set up for that, but that's unlikely to happen this side of Christmas, and on the regular schedule, I'll be moving onto the 2012 3DS story mode episode articles, but I'll need to get at least one proposal through before I can do that. I may also now start to do some reformatting of tables and such as well now, given I have all of the information and most of the images on hand.

So, now I'm looking at the 2012 story mode episodes, so if anyone's in a position to get hold of those icons now that'd be great. There are a few things I need to decide on before I can get properly started on them though, one is how to name them, as each episode goes by at least three different names. As well as that, I need to know if I should create articles on the two episodes that don't have events but aside from that are treated the same (One's the opening and I believe the other is called Clear Skies Again!), if they should be put onto the already quite large 2012 template, and if I should use an existing infobox on them or create a new one. I'll definitely be doing the first one, I just need to do a little research and write the proposal before I put it up, but the others may not be needed if anyone could give me some feedback. I'd prefer not to have to put through a ton of proposals, but I can't really jam any of them together and I don't know if they're all necessary. If anyone wants to suggest something but needs some context, each episode consists of an opening cutscene, a number of events or event medleys that must be completed, loosely related to the plot, and then another cutscene to finish.

Edit (19.12.19): OK, I was wrong about starting time for 2010 Wii as at the time of writing I already have four articles down, so that's been started now as well as a conversion to a class article, obsolete template deletion and a poor quality image tag-a-thon, with the images having already been sorted out by Pasta937.The proposal for naming has passed, with the decision being to go with the descriptive title, and my plan going forwards is to start making those articles on those names using the level infobox (probably) with the links being put on the 2012 template and a proposal coming later on to determine about those other two articles, unless anyone is majorly opposed to any of these ideas and wants to raise any concerns.

Edit (1.1.20): Just a little update, but I've just added the Story Mode episodes to the template and those articles should be coming along soon, I should have some more free time now that Christmas stuff is over and done with. In other good news, it also looks like I should be able to do a bulk 2010 Wii article creation soon, but I can't guarantee that just yet. I'll also add that I now have 2020 so as and when the time comes I can do stuff for that too.

Edit (13.1.20): I should probably add that I recently created articles for Chao and Omochao, just because I'd had enough of seeing those two as red links and they'd both deserved articles for at least a decade, I'm fairly sure I'm missing some stuff but it's easier to just add to what's there as and when than trying to remember the whole lot. The bulk 2010 Wii article creation should hopefully be coming in the next two days, and the 3DS Story Mode articles should be here eventually, I'm currently lacking a bit of motivation to do them and there's still a lot of things to sort out first- I'm currently contemplating making a new infobox instead, something based on the one for levels but with new parameters for locations, entry characters, alternate names, etc., so if you have any thoughts on that they might be helpful to hear.

Edit (22.1.20): Another couple of small additions here, I've now made the necessary template, category and first article for the Story Mode episodes, so that's getting somewhere faster now, and the stuff for 2010 Wii has been carrying on, I managed to get seven more event articles completed last week, as well as the links and pages to go with them.

Last edited:
...I really should have updated this sooner. Anyway, there's a fair bit of good news now, as all of the Story Mode articles are done, as well as the three additional object-related articles and the rewrite of Phantasmal Fog. The next thing I'll be moving onto is probably some of the other missing articles for 2012 3DS, including things like the badges and medleys, and I'm also considering making one for the athlete groups, so thoughts on that might be good to hear. Once that's all covered I'll probably be looking at doing touch-ups on event pages and the story mode ones with any missing links, as well as a check over every character to page for corrections and story mode information. Anyway, we're really getting somewhere with 2012 3DS now.

Though in some bad news, 2010 Wii article creation will also have to join the list of things that have been postponed due to coronavirus, as due to my current situation I just can't make any more of those at the moment, though we're not doing too badly as we're into the dream Events for that game now.

The other thing that I wanted to bring up was images. Now that all of those pages have been created, there are a lot of missing images- some are needed for all of the Story Mode episodes except for Sonic Arrives, The Mysterious Thief, Mario and Sonic and The Secret of the Fog, every character variety of Fog Imposter, every colour of fog except for purple, the fog urn and a fog machine, plus badge images would be really good to have around. I think several of those images could be a two birds with one stone job, and I think a couple of places could give you the opportunity to get three. There'll likely be more needed as well when I start checking through for characters. None of this is really an urgent thing, but I just wanted to bring it to some attention as I believe a lot of these could be quite easy to find with the right resources. :)

OK, I think I've failed to come up with a solution for this for long enough now, so I want to ask for some help. I'm currently trying to work out if and how we should cover locations in the Mario & Sonic series, and I really can't get anywhere with it. If I'm counting right, there are five different types of locations and potentially a sixth, but I'd need someone who knows more about Sonic to confirm that one for me. Those five are (And I'll apologise now for the fact that most of these examples will be from 2012 and handheld instalments, they're just the main ones I know well):
  • Real-world locations- Things like the Main Stadium, ExCel London, Deodoro Stadium, Peking University Gymnasium, etc. We already have a couple of pages for these, being National Stadium, National Aquatics Center and Olympic Green Archery Field, all of which are from the 2008 games and probably before anything concrete was put down coverage-wise for things like this, and none of these are particularly important, so you'd think these could be ignored. Problem is, the story modes are here to throw a spanner in the works, as some locations are visited in those, and in 2016 3DS and 2020 are visitable locations, while notable stuff and events happen there in 2012 3DS. And to throw in a couple more spanners, all of these story modes also include non-Olympic venues as locations, which just makes it harder to know what to do with, as well as the Duel Events in 2016 Wii U not taking place in Olympic venues but other places around Rio. I think the best bet could be coming up with some sort of system where we have criteria for which ones get articles, but I don't have a clue at what sort of criteria this could be.
  • Existing Mario locations- You'd think these would be relatively simple, but some of these are pretty troublesome to cover, like "Mario Circuit (Wii)" in 2010 Wii, which mainly just takes the course's aesthetic and a couple of elements but has almost an entirely new layout. A lot of "existing" locations have this, so it's really a case of deciding whether to give it a section on the existing page, which could be pretty large, or just making a new page altogether. It may also be a case by case thing, which then opens up yet another can of worms.
  • Existing Sonic locations- We already have at least Seaside Hill, Egg Factory and Radical Highway, and I think these should get covered with expanded information on layout and obstacles etc., kind of like a Mario Kart course page with suitable alterations, but I don't know for sure, I could really use someone who knows Sonic stuff to weigh in here. Obviously more pages can be made, I'm not saying limit it to these.
  • "New" Mario locations- Cheep Cheep River is the one that comes to mind, which currently redirects to World 4 of NSMBW with limited information there. People may disagree on this, but I don't really think that it's meant to be exclusively World 4, given the lack of notable landmarks and additions of lily pads, lots of waterfalls, Thwomps, Bob-ombs and Gooper Blooper, though is heavily inspired by it. There are others, like the Synchro Battle Galaxy and the non-specific(?) Bowser's Castle and Sherbet Land, but these are hard to judge, particularly the heavily based ones. I say if it's definitely different give it a new page, treat it like Sonic ones hypothetically would be, but I think things like Cheep Cheep River could cause disagreements so it depends what people say.
  • Mario & Sonic locations- Another troublesome one, these are locations made up for Mario & Sonic. We've already got a page for Christmas Village, but that's an awkward one. Other examples would be things like Dream Ocean, Blue Sky Island, Frozen Cruiser and Drivers' Highway, ad these are a lot of different types of venues, including rinks, courts and tracks. I'd say treat them like the Sonic ones, but we can't really external link them like is an option for some others because, well, where would they go? They aren't real, they aren't strictly Mario, they aren't strictly Sonic, so unless there's some Mario & Sonic wiki around on Fandom which I think most people (myself included) would prefer not to use, there isn't really anywhere they can go. There's stuff to say about them, but the amount would vary between locations.
And then we come to the hypothetical one in the fact that I don't know if it is a thing or not, the "New" Sonic locations. I could use the help of someone familiar with Sonic here again, as I haven't got the slightest clue if any of the Sonic locations are existing or not, though based on a quick bit of research the Nocturnus Gate seems like it might fall into this category. I think this would end up in the same boat as the other Sonic locations, though there may be a bit of disagreement on things like inspiration and whether it's new or old or what.

My thoughts are pretty much pick and choose for real-world and existing Mario, and new pages all around for the other articles, but I wanted to see if other people had any different thoughts or better ideas. Some feedback here would really help so I don't have to make a stack of proposals that not long in get someone in the comments saying "Well hang on, why don't you do this non-proposal-requiring solution?", and if nothing else to try and make sense of the Sonic ones. Even if proposals need to be made, I'd prefer to get it down to a few sensible and quick ones. I will try to get a full list together at some point unless we can find some quick solutions, but that will take some time as helpfully not everything is named in game and I'd need to identify, classify and group certain locations. Anyway, thanks for taking a look and hopefully sharing some ideas. :)

In regard to existing Mario locations, I say make a new article for it. Like with Fortune Street some of the gameboards are based off of existing locations like Bowser's Castle, and I believe the Mario Circuit one is practically meant to be the Wii iteration of that course, so I feel like precedent exists there to go with that. This can also extend to some of the "new" Mario locations.

As with real-world location, again I lean to making articles. I noticed the other day that we have Copacabana Beach already, due to its appearance in Mario is Missing!, and it just briefly mentions the 2016 Rio Olympics as that's the hub world. I think it looks a little strange to have that reference there, but then all other locations going without articles.

As for the others, I might lean more onto creation, but I'm swayed either way.

For real world locations, they would fall under MarioWiki:Generic subjects. And, as such, would need to meet any of 1, 3, or 5 to qualify for an article. 2 and 4 can't be used because these games fall under the sport category, with 4 being more likely of the two to be used with these locations, as 2 refers to collecting and consuming. For reference, the three we can use are:
1. The subject must have a function which is different from the real world counterpart. If the differences are extremely minor, the subject may not meet this requirement.
3. The subject is significant to the media's storyline.
5. The subject is determined by the users to be notable.
And these can be created or deleted without a proposal except for those which are deemed to be 5, where a proposal would only be needed to determine, especially if users can't agree on it.

As for the other locations, they fall under MarioWiki:Coverage. Which state that everything should be covered. And I would agree on everything except for maybe the Sonic locations. Mario & Sonic locations are good because they have Mario aspects, but Sonic locations are purely Sonic. We should determine whether or not we really want to cover them. If not, then we will need to change MarioWiki:Coverage with a proposal. If so, we could just create them unless there are those who think that we don't create them. In which case, a proposal would need to be created.

And now the interesting part: Mario locations. Locations that are exclusively Mario. How do they fit? Well, if it is clear that they are existing, they should appear on that existing article in some way or another. If it is similar to the article, then it mentions a brief section with a link to the event. If it is not similar, either two things can happen. Either they can be an entirely new section covering every difference on the location article, or they can be covered on the event page and a small section about it appearing in the event on the location page (like Moo Moo Meadows is briefly covered on Moo Moo Meadows and the full layout is on the Dream Equestrian page). I am fine with either case. As for Mario Circuit, I am not entirely sure what to do either. It seems like if we want to do something, it could: be a new article, go on Mario Kart (Wii) article, stay on Mario Circuit with it expanded, or have the information on the events. The order they appear in are from me liking the idea the most to me liking the idea the least. As for the new locations, I go over the ones I know. Cheep Cheep River and Synchro Battle Galaxy should be given a full article, as they are unique. They are only covered in their articles because Dream Rafting has World 4-1 (New Super Mario Bros. Wii) music, and Dream Spacewalk has Sky Station Galaxy 1 (Super Mario Galaxy 2) music. Thus it makes them seem like they are from those games. But they aren't. They are just the music used. Yoshi's Picture Book is different then any of them. Yoshi's Picture Book is based on Rail Lift. But the Dream Long Jump article links to the entire book. And no matter what, what is on Dream Long Jump has the location description currently. As for Snow Colosseum, it sounds like it should be created, but I have no idea because I haven't played that game. Same for the first two on that list.

OK, thank you very much for the input! For anyone who isn't aware, I've now put together a list of all of the locations (User:BBQ Turtle/Olympic Locations), except for 2020 due to lack of access and online resources and a couple of names that need checking in 2016 3DS due to time constraints. I did however manage to track down some almost complete footage for 2016 Arcade in the process, which might mean I can start some of those articles at some point? I'll have to spend a bit more time looking at it to see.

Anyway, back to the task at hand, your ideas and making that list have given me a couple more thoughts about how we could go about this (It also helps that I'm not trying to quickly get it out late at night). So, my new thoughts are:
  • Real-world locations: Only make articles for those that are visited outside of events (i.e. Story Modes and Copacabana Beach), as they are significant in the game, particularly the 2020 ones and Copacabana Beach. Obviously, if any of these are venues, the page can include that note, but exclusively venue locations will not be created- that means those three 2008 ones will get deleted.
  • Existing Mario locations: Make a new page anyway. The only two that I'm kind of on the fence for are Good Egg Galaxy and Battlerock Galaxy, though I'm rethinking Good Egg as well now. Also, after taking a look I can provide brief explanations of the notable differences from the original:
    • Good Egg Galaxy- Slightly rearranged layout with a few new elements, one new planet and a few crowd stands
    • Mario Circuit- Almost completely brand new layout with new obstacles, elements and a few crowd stands, small aesthetic changes.
    • Battlerock Galaxy- A few new planets for the event to take place and crowd stands
    • Moo Moo Meadows- Almost completely new layout with new obstacles, elements, course sections, crowd stands and Kamek
    • Mushroom Bridge- Really weird new layout with no moving vehicles and new elements (Even weirder is that in the same game there is another location with moving vehicles on the track. I do like that the shortcut through the houses remains almost exactly as it was. I wonder if Peach's Castle and Mushroom City are still visible from it though, I couldn't tell.)
    • Delfino Plaza- When I thought it was only the one rink in the main area it would have been fine, but it turns out that there are actually three, each with distinct layouts, with the second two gutting out large areas of Delfino Plaza to fit them in- hence, new article time.
  • "New" Mario locations: I think this is easy now, make the new articles, mention the references and edit sections on certain pages to reflect that.
  • Sonic locations: Make them all. When I say make them, they will only be from an Olympic point of view, so kind of like a Smash Bros. stage or crossover course thing- mention where it's from in the opening and then just talk about the layout of the course and its obstacles or whatever, nothing more in-depth about Sonic than that, unless there's something particularly worth noting there. Borp's just taken a look over the Sonic locations for me and he recognises all of them except for Nocturnus Gate, which seems to be the only "new" Sonic location, based on/in Nocturne. I wonder why they made up quite so many Mario ones then?
  • Mario & Sonic locations: Make them all.
So I think that sounds like a plan and I'll probably go with that unless anyone wants to suggest any changes. I won't be getting to it immediately though, and probably starting with those from 2012 3DS's story mode unless someone has an objection, just to see if anyone else immediately wants to weigh in. I might throw some {{delete-request}}s on the 2008 articles that might be going.

Edit (26.5.20): The existing event location articles have now been deleted, though I have come up with another potential idea on how to cover them. The page for 2016 Wii U has a venues section (Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games (Wii U)#Venues) which includes images, names, events held there and what I believe are in-game description of the locations, so I'm wondering if that's the way forward for insignificant venues? A table with images, names, lists of events and either in-game descriptions or a short bit of information with appropriate external links in its place for the other games? Not something we'd have to worry about for a while, but could be something to consider. I'll be getting onto making the 2012 location pages soon, but I'll liely take a short break as that medley stuff was much harder than it should have been and I'll need a bit of time to plan what I'm doing.

Last edited:
I haven't updated this for a while, and there's a couple of things I'd like to update the progress on and a few things I might need some help with that I'd like to bring up. At the moment, I'm currently working through all of the characters that appear in 2012 3DS to update their articles with information from that game, but I've also been updating some Wii stuff and restructuring the sections so that the 3DS stuff actually fits in. Also, since I last updated this I've made all of the location articles for the 2012 3DS locations, restructured the event articles, found information on all of the medleys and made a number of other small fixes, so we're actually pretty close for getting 2012 3DS done now. Still got a couple of things to go, we could use a few more images (Though Doomdorm64 has recently managed to get pretty much everything that was missing for the Story Mode ones), some image names might need to get shifted around, the story mode pages probably need a once-over and of course there's still the big one, but it's a much better place to be in than "pretty much everything".

Now, as for the stuff we still need, it's firstly images again. Off the top of my head, we could still use stuff like the difficulty stars, we might need some Story Mode screenshots of some missing characters and objects yet, the team number indicators would be useful, screenshots of the character images from the character select screen, badges and a Party News screenshot. And thinking ahead a bit, another thing I've noticed is that we've got some nice stat table templates for the first two games and 2016 Wii U, but the other games are missing them- 2016 3DS is currently being done with blown-up screenshots, 2012 Wii is taking images from the website and there's nothing for 2014, so if anyone knows anything about making those, we could really use a few. And while I'm looking at games that I'm not covering yet, 2012 Wii could also use some images of the stickers if someone can get hold of those.

There is another thing that I'm hoping to do in the long run, but I could use a bit of help with it first, and that's whether we create articles for a few Sonic characters that don't have one yet. At the moment I think the list of potential candidates is Egg Hammers, Spinners, Cheese, Froggy, Dark Chao and my new thought, a general page for Sonic's animal friends, but I might have missed a few. The reason I'm kind of on the fence with these is that they're all relatively minor, but it seems strange to not have a page for them. Egg Hammers and Spinners are obstacles (Egg Hammers are recurring though so I'm less uncertain about them), Cheese, Froggy and the animal friends all make small story mode appearances and a couple of other small ones, and Dark Chao do cause effects to happen in London Party as well as having a badge and making up part of the audience. If you've got some thought on what to do with this lot, it'd be a useful thing for me to hear- as well as mentioning any others that I might have forgotten.

OK, so I've got something a little different to bring up in a minute, but as this is a new post I'll start with some other updates. Article creation for 2010 Wii has been resumed and should hopefully be able to pick up the speed a bit soon, character articles (aside from decisions on Cheese and Froggy) have now been done, I've continued some work on rewriting and structuring the main 2012 3DS page, next I'm probably going to review the story mode episode and related articles just to check for links and any later found information. All in all, it's going pretty well.

Now the new thing is to do with missing artwork from the series. After reworking the character section yesterday, I decided to take a look around to see if I could find a version of the fencing Sonic artwork without a background, and I did succeed in that, as well as backgroundless versions of uneven bars Silver and weightlifting Vector, but it opened up a bit of a discussion on missing artworks for the game, and the series as a whole- especially Mario ones. So I'm going to start a bit of a list here of what I think is missing artwork, and hopefully we'll see if we can get some leads on finding some complete digital versions. I don't know for sure if these artworks are all "proper" artworks or if we'll have much luck with them, but if we know they're missing I think we'll have a better chance of finding them. I've also put down where I've seen them in case this makes them a bit easier to find and identify.
    • Snowboard Mario (DS cover art)
    • Ski Sonic (DS cover art)
    • Luge Luigi (DS cover art)
    • Curling Donkey Kong (DS cover art)
    • Weightlifting Bowser (3DS cover art)
    • Badminton Luigi (3DS cover art)
    • Rhythmic ribbon Peach 2 (3DS cover art)
    • Sports outfit Peach (3DS manual, seems to be adapted as in-game sprites)
    • Sports outfit Daisy (3DS manual, seems to be adapted as in-game sprites)
    • Discus Yoshi (Wii manual/cover, seems to be artwork as lighting and shadow do not match background)
    • Rhythmic ribbon Peach 3 (Wii manual/cover, less certain on this one, but lighting does not seem to match background and the exact shot, pose, angle and ribbon position does not appear in the opening, where several of the other images come from. Some of them seem like they might use different camera angles and such, but this one doesn't look like it could have easily been made from it. I don't know, the Yoshi one seems certainly artwork but this could go either way.)
    • Mario and Sonic with purple ribbon (Wii cover, manual and disc art, different positioning suggests that there is a full version somewhere)
    • Ski Peach (Cover art)
    • Ski Knuckles (Cover art)
    • BMX Yoshi (Wii U cover art)
    • Boxing Knuckles (Wii U cover art)
    • Equestrian Tails (Wii U cover art)
    • Stretching Mario (Seems to be adapted as in-game sprites, but I've also heard this one mentioned around as missing too)
I can't say for certain that these are all definitely full artworks that will exist, but these I think are the most likely missing candidates. Of course, if anybody reading this is aware of more artwork that we don't have a full version of yet, just bring it up and we can add it to the list.

Are you ever gonna try featuring the game articles? Just wondering, I thought it would be cool to see one of its games in the front page someday.

Are you ever gonna try featuring the game articles? Just wondering, I thought it would be cool to see one of its games in the front page someday.
Hopefully at least one, yes. I think it's mainly going to depend on if I can get hold of the images I need for it, but that is a longer term goal for me.

I really do need to get better at remembering to update this thread... as, once again, stuff is happening! So since I last updated this, we've had some big steps forward on a couple of fronts. Firstly, 2012 3DS is almost entirely finished now! The main article has been completely rewritten, though there might still be some adjustments to be made and we're still lacking in the image department, all of the event, story mode, item, location, class, etc. pages have been made or updated, character articles now all have their 2012 3DS information (as well as a large chunk of extra information and clean-up done for other games- a lot of the Mario & Sonic sections are looking pretty good now!) and a whole lot of other tweaks and odd jobs have also been done. In other good news, all of the 2010 Wii event articles have now been rewritten and created, so all events have been done up until Sochi! That only leaves 2014, part of 2016 Wii U, 2016 Arcade, 2020 Switch and 2020 Arcade to get done now, and means that the missing articles are only 6 years overdue compared to 11. Most of the old inbetween sort of pages have also been removed now, but there are still a couple I've left up as there is still some Sochi information there and I don't want to remove it until it's got a new home.

So with that good news comes a few more things that need to be done. Obviously, those missing images are a big one- I do want to look into featuring that article now that it's nearly finished, but those image and also the media tag are getting in the way of that a bit. I think I've narrowed down the essential images to some missing character screenshots and a couple of screenshots from other modes, but some others could be useful (particularly if we can get one of the online mode in case the servers go down any time soon). I could also use some second opinions on the state of the quote page too- at the moment there is part of a full transcript of the Story Mode there, but I'm sure that there is some policy somewhere that states we don't do that? I can't tell if that's something I've imagined or not, but last time I brought it up I didn't get much of a response, so if someone else can weigh in on that it''d help know what to do with it. Also, a decision needs to be made on the coverage of Cheese and Froggy- there's a couple of proposals going on at the moment for it, but they're going to end soon and it looks like Cheese might be a no quorum at this rate, so if you could take a look at them and cast some votes it would be a big help, waiting another week for the Cheese one wouldn't be great. The other thing that comes to mind at the moment is about getting the Sochi events done, but that's something I'll be getting to myself shortly- I've had a small delay recently and things might slow down over the Christmas period, but hopefully the first of those should start arriving shortly. Anyway, that's everything I can think of off the top of my head, but I might remember some more stuff soon, so I'll try to remember to keep you posted.

I really do need to get better at remembering to update this thread... as, once again, stuff is happening! So since I last updated this, we've had some big steps forward on a couple of fronts. Firstly, 2012 3DS is almost entirely finished now! The main article has been completely rewritten, though there might still be some adjustments to be made and we're still lacking in the image department, all of the event, story mode, item, location, class, etc. pages have been made or updated, character articles now all have their 2012 3DS information (as well as a large chunk of extra information and clean-up done for other games- a lot of the Mario & Sonic sections are looking pretty good now!) and a whole lot of other tweaks and odd jobs have also been done. In other good news, all of the 2010 Wii event articles have now been rewritten and created, so all events have been done up until Sochi! That only leaves 2014, part of 2016 Wii U, 2016 Arcade, 2020 Switch and 2020 Arcade to get done now, and means that the missing articles are only 6 years overdue compared to 11. Most of the old inbetween sort of pages have also been removed now, but there are still a couple I've left up as there is still some Sochi information there and I don't want to remove it until it's got a new home.

So with that good news comes a few more things that need to be done. Obviously, those missing images are a big one- I do want to look into featuring that article now that it's nearly finished, but those image and also the media tag are getting in the way of that a bit. I think I've narrowed down the essential images to some missing character screenshots and a couple of screenshots from other modes, but some others could be useful (particularly if we can get one of the online mode in case the servers go down any time soon). I could also use some second opinions on the state of the quote page too- at the moment there is part of a full transcript of the Story Mode there, but I'm sure that there is some policy somewhere that states we don't do that? I can't tell if that's something I've imagined or not, but last time I brought it up I didn't get much of a response, so if someone else can weigh in on that it''d help know what to do with it. Also, a decision needs to be made on the coverage of Cheese and Froggy- there's a couple of proposals going on at the moment for it, but they're going to end soon and it looks like Cheese might be a no quorum at this rate, so if you could take a look at them and cast some votes it would be a big help, waiting another week for the Cheese one wouldn't be great. The other thing that comes to mind at the moment is about getting the Sochi events done, but that's something I'll be getting to myself shortly- I've had a small delay recently and things might slow down over the Christmas period, but hopefully the first of those should start arriving shortly. Anyway, that's everything I can think of off the top of my head, but I might remember some more stuff soon, so I'll try to remember to keep you posted.
don't worry things happens

Just a really quick update here, as I didn't really get up to much over December as expected, and I'm having to put off Sochi article creation again for now. But I have made some new progress, as I've now cleaned up and rolled out most of the category stuff, and the other day I was thinking about seeing if I could find some foreign names and make some Names in other languages sections, and that's gone quite well! But I could use a bit of help with some translations though, as I only speak some messy German. It looks like most of them are relatively straight translations, but I think it'd be better if someone with a better understanding of the languages could take a look- it's Spanish, French, Dutch, German and Italian, for all of the 2012 3DS events, classes and story mode episodes, as well as Phantasmal Fog, Tower Bridge, Tower of London and British Museum (Sorry, I know it's a lot). So if anyone fancies a bit of a translate-a-thon, that'd really help. :) And as always, if you could help out with getting any of the images mentioned in the thread, that'd be great too, you probably know the drill by now. But on a more positive note, it's down to the very last few bits for 2012 3DS and hopefully I can look into moving onto 2008 DS soon. :)

Last edited:
I'll do Dutch eventually. Just going to ask confirmation about a few names, on the off-chance that they are misspelled in-game.
If you could double check those and fix as needed, that'll help a lot, if not for translating then for correctness.

I'll do Dutch eventually. Just going to ask confirmation about a few names, on the off-chance that they are misspelled in-game.
If you could double check those and fix as needed, that'll help a lot, if not for translating then for correctness.
Thanks for the help- that was a really quick check you did! So I've taken a look, Archery (Team), Badminton (Doubles) and Tennis (Singles) were mistakes on my part copying from my spreadsheet, and Beach Volleyball, A Rainbow In Fog, To the Ruins!, The Life of a Minion and The Secret of the Fog were me failing to copy accurately from the game itself. 😒 Sorry about that, it was a good job you spotted those! Junior, Super Hero? is correct though, so at least I didn't mess up completely!

Alright, I did a round of translating Dutch! There were a few in which the Dutch name they use is incorrect for the thing it describes, I listed those instance in the edit summaries as 'fun facts'.

That said, there still were a few items I skipped because I think there might be an inconsistency or misspelling:
  • Pole Vault - listed as 'Polstokspringen', but is called one of 'polsstokhoogspringen', 'polsstokspringen', 'polshoogspringen'. Likely to be the second of these.
  • Synchronised Swimming (Team) - listed as 'Synchroonzwemmen (Team)', the capital T is unnatural here. Likely to be lowercase.
  • Rowing - Quadruple Sculls - listed as 'Roeien - dubbel vier', not necessarily wrong grammatically, but double four implies eight and sounds off. 'Vierdubbel' ('quadruple') would make more sense. (Also the French one has a closing bracket without opening it.)
  • Foggy Foes - listed as 'Mistschoenen', which translates as fog shoes which makes no sense. Maybe the localisation team saw 'foes' and misread it as 'shoes'?
  • The Secret of the Fog - listed as 'Het geheim van der mist', 'der' should likely be 'de'.
Can you recheck these to be sure? Thanks!

Alright, I did a round of translating Dutch! There were a few in which the Dutch name they use is incorrect for the thing it describes, I listed those instance in the edit summaries as 'fun facts'.

That said, there still were a few items I skipped because I think there might be an inconsistency or misspelling:
  • Pole Vault - listed as 'Polstokspringen', but is called one of 'polsstokhoogspringen', 'polsstokspringen', 'polshoogspringen'. Likely to be the second of these.
  • Synchronised Swimming (Team) - listed as 'Synchroonzwemmen (Team)', the capital T is unnatural here. Likely to be lowercase.
  • Rowing - Quadruple Sculls - listed as 'Roeien - dubbel vier', not necessarily wrong grammatically, but double four implies eight and sounds off. 'Vierdubbel' ('quadruple') would make more sense. (Also the French one has a closing bracket without opening it.)
  • Foggy Foes - listed as 'Mistschoenen', which translates as fog shoes which makes no sense. Maybe the localisation team saw 'foes' and misread it as 'shoes'?
  • The Secret of the Fog - listed as 'Het geheim van der mist', 'der' should likely be 'de'.
Can you recheck these to be sure? Thanks!
I saw you getting started on that this morning, thank you very much! I've gone over everything you've brought up here (and I checked the fun facts as well in case I'd slipped up there), and I've cleared up the mistakes on Synchronised Swimming (Team) and The Secret of the Fog as well as removing the rogue bracket from Rowing - Quapdruple Sculls for the French (It wasn't even meant to be there at all), but the other three match up exactly with what it says in the game, so it seems like those are slip-ups on the translators' parts (It's not me for once!). Sounds like they might have been better off asking you about it. :P

Back