The Mario & Sonic Clean-up Thread

BBQ Turtle

Crazy sponsors lady.
Wiki Patroller
Awards Committee
Looks good, I had already seen it when you posted it! And that's fine, the navigation template order appears to be alphabetical but I agree that the in-game order is easier to follow, so stick with that. Thanks again for the help!

Yoshi the SSM

I'm Yoshi the Space Station Manager from the wiki.
Looking at the quizzes, I am wondering what to do. I am wondering because a question is similar to another. And it's best to show you an example.
Q. Sonic and Tails are best friends… and brothers, too! A. No. Explanation. They’re super close, but they’re not actually related.
Q. Do you know what the relationship is between Sonic and Tails? A. Friends. Explanation. They’re as close as brothers, but they’re aren’t related.
So this makes me wonder how to go about putting the questions in or if I should even do it at all. And the quizzes and answers are the only thing that could make content for the pages as there is not much to them save for exact same controls, point system, and rules with the exception of info about what the quiz covers in general.

BBQ Turtle

Crazy sponsors lady.
Wiki Patroller
Awards Committee
Getting in the questions, no matter how similar, is probably the most important thing to do, I know there are some similar questions in there because I know that there are a few which refer to Peach's ponytail, one which asks if she has one and the other asks if both she and Daisy have them. The best way to put them in is in a table, with headers for the question, correct answer, explanation and other answers (something similar to what's currently on the 64th Trivia Quiz-Off page, except with more columns and information, obviously). It doesn't matter if you can't get every possible question, just get as many as you can.

BBQ Turtle

Crazy sponsors lady.
Wiki Patroller
Awards Committee
That looks brilliant, keep going with that layout for the other quizzes. :)

BBQ Turtle

Crazy sponsors lady.
Wiki Patroller
Awards Committee
OK, the awards are almost over now, so I'm back to working my way through the 2016 3DS articles again, and I've now finished five of the Plus Event articles, but I've now encountered a decision that needs to be made about categorising the Plus Events, as while they need to be included in the Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games Events category, I also think there needs to be one specifically for the Plus Events, but I'm not quite sure whether to make is a subcategory of the regular event one, as Plus Events only appear in 2016 3DS, or just make it into a new category altogether. There are enough articles do do either now, so I jst wanted to try to get some other people's thoughts before making a decision and the category.

Also, if you didn't notice, I've now made a to-do list of things I can't get done in the first post, so if you could check that out and see if there's anything in there that you could help with, that'd be great. It's all stuff I've brought up at some point or another in the past, but I just thought it'd be useful to have the list there so it's easier to get an idea of what exactly needs to be done. I'll update it when more stuff is needed.

BBQ Turtle

Crazy sponsors lady.
Wiki Patroller
Awards Committee
OK, time for another update, as I've now managed to get all of the 2016 3DS events done! Aside from a few extra images, finding any advice I might have missed, weird rare circumstance rules and stupid mistakes, those articles are all done now. I still don't quite know what to do about the Plus Events category though, so some input on that would be helpful. Next up, I'll be moving onto 2010 DS to finish up the handheld instalments, but I'll need to do some set-up work on the template and stuff first. I'm also fairly close to finishing off 2008 Wii with just the four Dream Events to go, but, annoyingly enough, I've run into yet another setback which'll stop my regular article creation again for now. I can't say exactly how long it'll take to get sorted yet, at best it looks like it could be about two weeks until it's back to normal, but it could be into the new year. In some more slightly better news though, Power Flotzo'll be looking into making some event articles for Tokyo 2020 when they get the game, so hopefully some of those should start appearing after the game's release. Anyway, that's four down and six to go now... until Tokyo 2020's released, and then it'll be eight to go.

Edit (3.11.19): I've now made a start for 2010 DS, I've started making articles and I've reworked the event section on the template for both DS and Wii as 2010 Wii is my next planned stop after 2008 Wii. There may be a few things missing from the articles at the moment, obviously anything from Adventure Tours I'll add that at a later date when I do my thorough playthrough of the mode, but I may be missing some other small things. Anyway, it's a start for now, and still no word on when I can get back to 2008 Wii.

Edit (13.11.19): The situation that was holding up article for creation for 2008 Wii has been resolved for the foreseeable future, so that's back in business. I've just created Dream Race which leaves three to go now, and I've also made nine of the 2010 DS articles at the time of writing this.

Last edited: