Every instance where Mario shouts the title of a game

YoshiFlutterJump

Power Star
MarioWiki
YoshiFlutterJump
Ever since Mario Sunshine, Mario's been shouting out the game titles of pretty much every game he appears in. The below list is by no means complete, and the below list is mostly made up of games I’ve played. Let me know if I'm missing something!

Super Mario Sunshine (title screen)
Super Mario Galaxy (disc channel)
Mario Kart Wii (title screen)
New Super Mario Bros. Wii (disc channel)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (shouts "Super Mario Galaxy" on disc channel)
Super Mario 3D Land (Home Menu)
Mario Kart 7 (title screen)
New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Home Menu)
Super Mario 3D World (title screen)
Mario Kart 8 (title screen)
Super Mario Odyssey (title screen)

This topic looks familiar, and I wonder why... right, this is a topic I made on this subject earlier: https://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=38227.msg1911717

Basically you listed the bigger ones, but from the topic itself, there are a few that weren't included:
- Mario Tennis (N64): You might think Mario yelling the title only started in the GameCube era, but this title preceded them! If you decided Super Mario Sunshine is the cutoff point, this title wouldn't count.
- Mario Party 3: Every character that can talk reads the title, including of course Mario himself. I think this is the only Mario Party where the characters read the title, which can be a good thing or a disappoint depending on who you asked (I am in the former group). If you decided Super Mario Sunshine is the cutoff point, this title wouldn't count.
- Mario Party 8: Particularly the disc channel. Mario's not the only person yelling, so much like Mario Party 3 it's a group chant.
- Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour: Mario didn't quite yell the title, so if you don't count part-yell part-reading titles, this one might not count.
- Mario Bros. (Super Mario Advance): Every Super Mario Advance game included voice acting from the classic games, and because the Mario Bros. part is recycled from the first game, which has the most developed voice acting, Mario will always read Mario Bros. as the title.
- Super Mario USA (Super Mario Advance): In the first Super Mario Advance (Japan), Mario will yell the title of this game when you selected this game. For your information, in the other versions, Mario will instead yell "Super Mario 2", which is not as accurate since it's actually called "Super Mario Bros. 2". Also, every subsequent Super Mario Advance game forgoes the specific title names and just have Mario said "Super Mario", so they didn't count.
- Mario vs Donkey Kong: The first game is I believe the only time Mario reads the title, but he didn't quite yell it so I guess you might probably not think it counts.
- Mario's Game Gallery: Mario's first time voicing in a video game means that he's also up to the task reading the game's title. I am not sure if he says "Mario's FUNdamentals", but he definitely called it "Game Gallery". Again, he reads the title instead of yelling, so if this is not what you want, you can forgo this title.
- Mario Teaches Typing: The first version of this game (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-LxHUgI2W0) certainly has an unfamiliar voice, so you might not consider this one. If you only count Martinet-voiced titles, this title wouldn't count.
- Mario Teaches Typing 2: This one has Martinet-voiced Mario doing the voice acting. (Link here) [EDIT: Added]

Thank you for reading.

Wow, I didn’t know this thread already existed.

No, Mario Sunshine is not the cutoff. I just thought it was the first game where Mario shouts the title.

Mario Parties 3 and 8 don’t count because they are spoken by a group.

I could include normal reading in a separate section. And I’m okay if it’s a different voice actor.

YFJ said:
Mario Parties 3 and 8 don’t count because they are spoken by a group.

Remember, you only mentioned titles where Mario shouted in, and not necessarily a group chant spoils the criteria. Meaning, if Super Mario 3D World is part of your listing (a game with a group chant rather than Mario only), then the Mario Party games count. At least in Mario Party 3, Mario is involved in the shouting like in Super Mario 3D World. I only got word about Mario Party 8 so I can't verify that, but I trust the person who brought up that game to know what they are talking about.

Thank you for reading.

winstein said:
I only got word about Mario Party 8 so I can't verify that, but I trust the person who brought up that game to know what they are talking about.
Mario is certainly involved in the shouting. You can even extract the individual voice effect for Mario.

you also forgot Mario Teaches Typing (Charles Martinet version) and Mario's Game Gallery.

Princess Mario said:
winstein said:
I only got word about Mario Party 8 so I can't verify that, but I trust the person who brought up that game to know what they are talking about.
Mario is certainly involved in the shouting. You can even extract the individual voice effect for Mario.

you also forgot Mario Teaches Typing (Charles Martinet version) and Mario's Game Gallery.

I have mentioned Mario's Game Gallery, but the Mario Teaches Typing is odd only because the voice clip is for the second game, so I think that could count too.

Thank you for reading.

He says "Welcome to Mario Kart" in Double Dash, in the sound options.

For the Galaxy games, Mario Kart 8, and Super Mario Odyssey he outright SCREAMS it instead of just announcing it. Sunshine is a reasonable volume.

Back