Games in which Mario speaks?

I've forgotten about this, but in Mario Party 3, Mario did have a few choice words when he's not the chosen character in Story Mode. Here are some quotes from that game:

"I am more courageous than any - even you!"
"No one can match my courage!"
"But I'm always the hero!"

Thank you for reading.

"I've-a got it! The Stars will help us end their fight! We'll throw a Mario Party to fill the Star Bank!"
800px-MarioParty6-Opening.png

I'm glad we're tackling Mario Party games now!

Thank you for reading.

Oh yeah I just remembered. Mario is the narrator for the entire Dr Mario 64 story mode.

winstein said:
LeftyGreenMario said:
I find it ironic that the so-called silent character has so many voiced lines, and he is probably heard talking more than any other character (meaning not a speech bubble).

The only Mario variant that could be considered silent is Paper Mario, and I don't know if Paper Mario talks in Super Paper Mario, but it's weird that Paper Mario speaks in Thousand Year Door. The other Mario variants are more talkative than that, even Super Mario Kun, so I presume when some people say Mario is silent, they think of Paper Mario.

Speaking of that, isn't it funny that the Mario characters only voices in English, compared to Sonic having more voice actors speaking different languages?

Thank you for reading.
Pretty sure it's like that since Sonic games have a bunch of cutscenes and dialogue.

I guess we left out instances where Mario talks in the game instruction booklet, but here we go.

"Uwagh, I can't see in this thing!" - Mario, Mario & Wario.

And there's the Super Mario 64 instruction booklet

"Mario, please come to the castle. I've baked a cake for you. Yours truly, Princess Toadstool."

"Wow, an invitation from Peach! I'll head out right away. I hope she can wait for me!"
Mario is so excited to receive the invitation from the Princess, who lives in the Mushroom Castle, that he quickly dresses in his best and leaves right away.

"Hmmm, something's not quite right here... It's so quiet..."
Shaking off his uneasy premonition, Mario steps into the silent castle, where he is greeted by the gruff words,

"No one's home! Now scram! Bwa, ha, ha."
The sound seems to come from everywhere.

"Who's there?! I've heard that voice somewhere before..."
Mario begins searching all over the castle. Most of the doors are locked, but finding one open, he peeks inside. Hanging on the wall is the largest painting he has ever seen, and from behind the painting comes the strangest sound that he has ever heard...

"I think I hear someone calling. What secrets does this painting hold?"
Without a second thought, Mario jumps at the painting. As he is drawn into it, another world opens before his very eyes.

And so begins the grandest of all adventures!

Once inside the painting, Mario finds himself in the midst of battling Bob-ombs. According to the Bob-omb Buddies, someone...or something...has suddenly attacked the castle and stolen the "Power Stars". These stars protect the castle; with the stars in his control, the beast plans to take over the Mushroom Castle.

To help him accomplish this, he plans to convert the residents of the painting world into monsters as well. If nothing is done, all those monsters will soon begin to overflow from inside the painting.

"A plan this maniacal, this cunning...this must be the work of Bowser!"
Princess Toadstool and Toad are missing, too. Bowser must have taken them and sealed them inside the painting. Unless Mario recovers the Power Stars immediately, the inhabitants of this world will become Bowser's army.

"Well, Bowser's not going to get away with it, not as long as I'm around!"
Stolen Power Stars are hidden throughout the painting world. Use your wisdom and strength to recover the Power Stars and restore peace to the Mushroom Castle.

"Mario! You are the only one we can count on."

And this one is from the Super Mario Land 2 instruction booklet, which is my favorite.

DANGER! DANGER!
While I was away crusading against the mystery alien Tatanga in Sarasa Land, an evil creep took over my castle and put the people of Mario Land under his control with a magic spell. The intruder goes by the name of Wario. He has been jealous of my popularity ever since we were boys, and has tried to steal my castle many times. It seems he has succeeded this time. Wario has scattered the 6 Golden Coins from my castle all over Mario Land. These Golden Coins are guarded by those under Wario's spell. Without these coins, we can't get into the castle to deal with Wario. We must collect the 6 coins, attack Wario in the castle, and save everybody!
IT'S TIME TO SET OUT ON OUR MISSION!!

Imagine Mario doing a dramatic reading of this in the same way Charles Martinet did with his narration of Super Mario Bros.: Trapped in the Perilous Pit.

Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour also had this

"It's a me! I've been on fire lately, but I hope you'll challenge me!"

Welll it's a fan game, but isn't there a scene where Mario says "I hate you" to Luigi or something.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Welll it's a fan game, but isn't there a scene where Mario says "I hate you" to Luigi or something.

[quote author=Luigi] Mario. . .I hate you. Even if you can't hear me, I can still send my resentment towards you.[/quote]

Did anyone already post where Mario speaks in Luigi’s Mansion when he’s trapped in the painting?

“Hey Luigi, what’s the holdup?!”

Back