Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey

SS_Bowser_Jr.%27s_Journey.png

As do I about this one. Where were these colorful Dragon Ball villains in the original?

Mister Wu said:
battle02_01.png

I have a bad feeling about this picture...

Whats wrong with it?

Rehaving the same brainwashed Koopalings plot doesn't look too enticing to me, hopefully it's just a red herring and this time the plot doesn't revolve around rescuing them from brainwashing... again.

Iggy probably rebelled because it's an opportunity to kill Piranha Plants out of revenge that his hair is no longer the only plant in Smash. Though, Wendy is the boss here it seems.

Mister Wu said:
Rehaving the same brainwashed Koopalings plot doesn't look too enticing to me, hopefully it's just a red herring and this time the plot doesn't revolve around rescuing them from brainwashing... again.
Considering Brainwashing was a factor in the Koopa Troop turning against Bowser himself (along with Morton having an aura) I feel that's likely.
At the same time, a plot point of the story is that the Koopalings get fed up with Junior's arrogance and attitude towards them so it's not entirely unlikely that some fights at least will be them willingly revolting.

So, at the moment I'm pretty convinced those 3 are going to be the antagonists of Bowser jr's story alongside Fawful.

But do they work for Fawful? Are they 3 schmoes trying to do their own thing? Or am I completely wrong and they are just amusing side characters?

So the jr mode's got swoopers huh?

Neato.

I was wondering when the overview trailer would drop.
That part with Bowz at the clinic at the beginning tho.

Feels weird seeing the main series designs there, including the Mario and Luigi silhouettes. Mario & Luigi has always been pretty insistent on keeping its own style.

I guess either Nintendo made that scene in-house or AD didn't want to use 3DS-tier models for it.
Or both.

Or they just view it as all one collective identity.

I mean Bowser has the least amount of differences (if any) in the M&L style of any major Mario character and it's just some silhouettes for the bros so it's hardly a big deal.

On another note, not sure if I like the rotating punch thing (it's presumably a finishing move like the star driver) mainly because I generally have a hard time doing clockwise rotations.

Mcmadness said:
On another note, not sure if I like the rotating punch thing (it's presumably a finishing move like the star driver) mainly because I generally have a hard time doing clockwise rotations.

I believe it is since if look at 2:45 to 2:52, you can see that Bowser's Castle go from little health to no health in the bar.

Doc von Schmeltwick said:
Bowser's still more expressive in the M&L games than he normally is, at any rate.

(And that's not even getting into how in the Western SS, he was an ugly frog thing on the overworld)

Well thats a given for this series. They got quality sprite work.

Yoshi the SSM said:
I believe it is since if look at 2:45 to 2:52, you can see that Bowser's Castle go from little health to no health in the bar.

Makes me wonder if they got rid of exp from giant battles like in DT.

I was gonna mention how fat Midbus was, but looking into the new mode, I'm seeing Captain Goomba, Spikes, Bullies, King Bob-omb, Ninjis, Yellow Biddybuds, and Oho Jees of all things.

And of course they ended that with a friggin' Big Tail Goomba, proving their obsession with those things once and for all.

It's amusing how some of those clips are from basically the end of the game.

I find it a bit lacking visually compared to the Japanese one but it's nice to know you don't have to use the microphone to breath fire in giant battles.

Indeed. It's kinda off putting.

bg_right_Jr.png

These don't really go together. You can tell Fawful is older artwork just by how he's just in such a default, less expressive pose, and the dirtier shading on his hovercraft and cloak. He really has a lot of expression in this game that I wish the artwork embodied more.

Fawful Claus said:
bg_right_Jr.png

These don't really go together. You can tell Fawful is older artwork just by how he's just in such a default, less expressive pose, and the dirtier shading on his hovercraft and cloak. He really has a lot of expression in this game that I wish the artwork embodied more.
To be slightly fair, the Junior artwork was also taken Paper Jam, so it's not new either.
Still, if Mario, Luigi and Bowser can get new artwork, Fawful should too (though if SSSDX is any indication, it'd just look similar to the one he already has).

Back