Underrated enemies/bosses.

Turkish Bottle Thing

King Bowser
Pronouns
He/him
Self explanatory.

I'd like too see Topmaniac and his topmen more often. A fight against small UFOs in a UFO is too cool to not ever be seen again. The battle was also kind of challenging.

maxresdefault.jpg

I think he can potentially be some sort of king like King Bob-Omb and his Bob-Ombs.

What are yours?

Ignoring my obvious stance that pretty all the RPG-exclusive bosses are underrated in terms of official usage and only focusing on relatively underrated ones within the fanbase,

O'Chunks is among the least-acknowledged SPM baddie despite being the most commonly fought. He needs more love. Likewise, Grodus from TTYD is often overlooked despite being the main antagonist for most of the game. I like his cold serious demeanor. Antasma to a lesser extent, has cool powers and an absolutely badass design, yet is often overlooked or criticized for his lack of doing much of note in his sole appearance, even though that wasn't a case of him being a bad or weak character but more of him not being used to his full potential.

Tatanga from Super Mario Land has only two appearances on a very limited game system and yet there's a lot of people who say he can't be fleshed out any more than those dated appearances. I think he and Wart both deserve another chance in a game, but of the two I think Tatanga is more underrated. He'd be a perfect character to interact with Wario or even appear in a Wario game if they don't want to use him for a Mario game. He really should up his standards for kidnapping targets though.

Koopa Kid from Mario Party recently got retconned out of a remake of a minigame he originally appeared in in favor of Bowser Jr. Koopa Kid was in GameCube Mario Parties after Bowser Jr.'s debut so I don't see what's so wrong with the party series keeping its recurring characters now vs then. They'd make good enemies in other Mario games too, and unlike other bosses it wouldn't even require changing the main antagonist as they already work for Bowser.

And pretty much all the main bosses from Paper Mario 64 were perfectly fine material for future appearances but I'm digressing into Nintendo instead of the fanbase again.

Chief Chilly and the Chill Bully. The king of the Bullies gets no love, and neither does the mustache he takes oh so much pride in.

I Got No iPhone said:
Koopa Kid from Mario Party recently got retconned out of a remake of a minigame he originally appeared in in favor of Bowser Jr. Koopa Kid was in GameCube Mario Parties after Bowser Jr.'s debut so I don't see what's so wrong with the party series keeping its recurring characters now vs then. They'd make good enemies in other Mario games too, and unlike other bosses it wouldn't even require changing the main antagonist as they already work for Bowser.
I absolutely loved the Koopa Kids. They're just a delight to watch in action. So adorkable.
"Hello, I'm the handsome one." *SMACK*

I dunno, I guess some things from Mario+Rabbids?

It's not that they're underused, in fact they should only be used for that one game, but I feel some of them like
Phantom, Calavera or even Blizzy & Sandy
are cool in my opinion so they deserved more attention in the game they appeared in.

Mecha Jr from the same game though can have a comeback someday and I'd be glad if he does, except not a Rabbid robot. But I guess it's just due to the fact that Bowser Jr controls it.

Other than that, some Mario Galaxy bosses like Bouldergeist, Topmaniac or Dino Piranha should have been more noticed. I like this kind of variety in the bosses.

Maybe some Odyssey ones can potentially appear in the future, but now that's not our primary concern.

I Got No iPhone said:
Antasma to a lesser extent, has cool powers and an absolutely badass design, yet is often overlooked or criticized for his lack of doing much of note in his sole appearance, even though that wasn't a case of him being a bad or weak character but more of him not being used to his full potential.

You know, you say that all the time and yet I'm still not seeing it. He's a boring character. Even his design is derivative of Cackletta.

Oops. I didn't think people would mention final bosses. I made this thinking about bosses/enemies who weren't the main antagonists themselves lol.

But It's okay anyway.

I wouldn't describe Topmaniac's battle as "challenging". Hell, he had the easiest Daredevil Comet fight.

Baby Luigi said:
I wouldn't describe Topmaniac's battle as "challenging". Hell, he had the easiest Daredevil Comet fight.

Well he sure is more challenging than King Bob Omb in SM64.

I mean, I got the game very recently (and I still have to finish it), and I found him challenging the first time. Maybe you played the game a lot and battled him many times, and now he's easy for you. That will probably happen to me too.

I just think he could become something like King Bob-Omb and his Bob-Ombs and appear occasionally.

It’s not unpopular that he’s easily the easiest boss in the game, or maybe second easiest because Dino Piranha exists. Still, all there is into it is stomp on him and then spin him into the electricity.

Are you implying that the Topmans he spawns are the challenge or just Topmaniac.

NinjaCrow.png

Ninja Crows are a real thing, apparently, and it sounds like the best thing in the backyard.

Snifits, I like Snifits. And every creature for SMB2 actually. Bring back the 8 bits !

Koops said:
It’s not unpopular that he’s easily the easiest boss in the game, or maybe second easiest because Dino Piranha exists. Still, all there is into it is stomp on him and then spin him into the electricity.

Are you implying that the Topmans he spawns are the challenge or just Topmaniac.

Weeeeellllll part of the challenge comes from him spawning topmen yes. They spin you when you want to spin him, and that's annoying.

Back