Nintendo games - "official levels" preservation

Hiccup

Goomba
Do you have any in-game downloads of the official levels from Super Mario Maker, Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars or Pushmo World?
When talking about official Mario Maker levels, I also include any by official Nintendo Miiverse accounts.
These are the official Nintendo Miiverse account I know have SMM levels:
* NintendoChris
* NintendoAmy
* kitosan
* breath0air

I'm trying to collecting them to:
A. preserve them
B. compare different downloads to see if Nintendo ever updated the levels
C. see if they contain any unused content (unused areas, metadata)

You'll need homebrew on your Wii U/3DS to extract the save data (they contain the levels) but it isn't that difficult to do. You need a way to run the "Checkpoint" homebrew (for 3DS) or the "SaveMii Mod" homebrew (for Wii U) homebrew. I can help with this if need be.

P.S. if you have old downloads of "official levels" from any other game, I may also be interested, so please post if you do.

Here's something about the official levels of Mario vs Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars. While I am not able to bring in any substantial help, as I got the game long after these levels were deleted from the servers, there are some walkthrough videos on YouTube that might be of interest. They are pretty low on views, which explains why they are so hard to find if you try to search for them. You might want to save the videos themselves as I doubt a save file with the actual levels will be found in the near future. I'd suggest emailing Nintendo officials or the game's director, Stephen Mortimer, for help; after all, Nintendo gladly offered us official names for Wario Land enemies in the past.

Anyway, if you came across actual save files that contained these levels, what would be the next step? Would you post them online?

Thanks for that YouTube link. I'll contact them about save files. Do you have any others? Its a good idea to save videos as the online services are no longer available to preserve properly.

I don't think Nintendo/NST would be happy to share save files, as they are probably copyrighted or something like that.

Yeah, I'd post them online.

Back