Your Opinion on Accessibility Options in Mario games

I suppose so but I guess we should get input from those who actually do have red-green color blindness.

i want to be able to pick my opponents in MK.

it's really bullshit we can't specially in MK8. Im fed up having 3 Peaches in my race or almost all 7 Koopalings.

NanoRim said:
Something that randomly just crossed my mind but do you think the inclusion of a color blindness mode would also be a good accessibility option?

This is a good point. There aren't many games where making different colours visible would affect things... but then there's Dr. Mario. With the exception of the original Game Boy's Dr. Mario, I am not sure if colour-blind people could tell the difference between the 3 colours on the Megavitamins, which are shaped the same unlike in Puyo Puyo where each colour have a different appearance, or Panel de Pon where they used shapes to differentiate each individual piece. Even Yoshi's Cookie is colour-free, due to how each cookie is different (and they are similarly coloured anyway). I don't think the latest 3DS Dr. Mario addressed this, but anybody, please prove me wrong if they did take this accessibility option into account.

The other game that would need readjusting would be Wario's Woods, which would be troublesome for colour-blind people because there are identical monster types using different colours. Bombs, however, look the same, making the differences even less distinguished. That's an old game though, so hopefully a newer version addresses the colour issue.

Swiftie_Luma said:
i want to be able to pick my opponents in MK.

it's really bull*bleep* we can't specially in MK8. Im fed up having 3 Peaches in my race or almost all 7 Koopalings.

Back in Mario Kart DS, I wished to be able to choose my opponents too, because sometimes I cancelled the VS just to get certain characters into play, and on Team selections, I have to cancel just to get certain characters on my team (like Mario, Luigi, Wario and Waluigi on the team). Fortunately there were fewer characters, but on a game with a larger cast like Mario Kart 8... this is indeed something I would like.

With that said, I am not sure how this is related to accessibility, unless certain characters are somehow easier to manage?

Thank you for reading.

Back