• Total voters
Gir said:
skulldug traded his shiny piloswine to me lol
you you poor soul.

taking advantage of your bro.

FireEevee said:
you you poor soul.

taking advantage of your bro.
im not he said he would trade it to me after he caught it in exchange for me training it and evolving it and then giving it back to him

FireEevee said:
Game Boy said:
I almost got a Pidgeyotto. But it used whirlwind so I couldn't catch it.
that's a shame.

I have a question.

does a roaming legend remain shiny even if it escapes?

Roamers retain the same IVs as the previous version of itself, so a shiny that matches up with your ID and secret ID should remain a shiny roamer.

I've gotten all my shinies in natural ways. I don't do chains, don't use the Shiny charm, the Masuda method or anything. They have just appeared randomly. In the order I found them:

-East Gastrodon (Eh, not my favorite Pokémon and the difference between the normal and shiny one is minimal, but a shiny is a shiny so it's ok).
-Roselia (I wouldn't use it in battle, even as a Roserade, but it just looks awesome).
-Wailmer (What the hell. I wanted a BLUE Wailord and I got a purple one. I just caught because a shiny is a shiny but I just don't like it).
-Bidoof (¬¬ Are you fucking kidding me, Diamond?)
-Whismur (Cool, I guess).
-Ekans (AWESOME! Arbok is weak but it's one of my favorite Pokémon ever (even when I'm ophidiophobic) and the shiny version just looks incredible).

good, I hope I find some, I have a few shiny cards, but I didn't even know they were in the games ;D

do shinies even do anything aside from change color?

PokeGen can actually make legal shinies with high IVs and proper natures. Sadly, if you can't modify your game data, pretty much 99% of the shinies that you'll get will either have bad natures and/or lackluster IV values.

What is the chance of getting a shiny pkmn without hacks?

With the years I got out of Emerald and Pearl, I never saw one. Well, that's what action replays are for I guess.

YoshiKong said:
With the years I got out of Emerald and Pearl, I never saw one. Well, that's what action replays are for I guess.

Using an Action Replay really isn't the best option if you want your Pokemon to look legal though. For one thing, every Pokemon uses a hidden ID, known as a PID. Your Pokemon had to use a PID that the game uses, or else it can't be considered legal.

YoshiKong said:

I've been playing Pokémon for 14 years and I got to see my first shiny Pokémon only last year. I found five shinies last year, and one this year, all "naturally", which means no Shiny Charm, no Masuda method, no chaining, no nothing. Just random encounters. You just need patience.

Shinies are overrated anyway.

MnSG said:
YoshiKong said:

Using an Action Replay really isn't the best option if you want your Pokemon to look legal though. For one thing, every Pokemon uses a hidden ID, known as a PID. Your Pokemon had to use a PID that the game uses, or else it can't be considered legal.
I never knew that things such as PIDs existed. Ya learn something new every day! But are PIDs important? Like, do "illegal" pokemon behave different in a way?

No, but for Wi-Fi purposes, using Pokemon that look like they're hacked puts you at risk of getting banned from using Nintendo WFC; this basically means that Action Replay usage is not a good solution. PokeGen is basically a safer way to modify your Pokemon, as that program helps make your Pokemon appear legal, by game standards.

Too bad I can't teach any Pokémon any TM move in Pearl because that code's only for the UK

Anyway, I just evolved my Pignite into Emboar

MnSG said:
No, but for Wi-Fi purposes, using Pokemon that look like they're hacked puts you at risk of getting banned from using Nintendo WFC; this basically means that Action Replay usage is not a good solution. PokeGen is basically a safer way to modify your Pokemon, as that program helps make your Pokemon appear legal, by game standards.

And then people go and RNG manipulate and screw everything up.
And it's impossible to understand, at least from my standpoint.

But I found my first normal shiny (IE non-masuda/SR) today! Geodude! :D

Back