What style of hat does Mario wear?

NikoAnesti

Goomba
Like what type of hat would be the real-life equivalent of Mario's cap? I've always wondered this being both a huge Mario fan and a collector of hats, and I've never seen any official comment on it (and it's not really something I expect to be honest). I guess I'm thinking about this because I bought Cappy today at GameStop and it seems like every time they come out with a replica of a Mario hat, it's always kind of comically huge or something; it never just looks like a normal hat.
The styles that seem to come closest are either a painters cap or a newsboy/gatsby hat. When I was little I wanted to try and find hats like the ones Captain Lou and Danny Wells wore on the Super Show, but even those don't seem to be just modifications of a normal style of hat, at least not one I've ever seen.
I dunno why I'm so concerned about this, I guess it's just a long time blank I'd like to fill in, but if anyone has some kind of info that I don't know about, that'd be cool to hear.

It looks to me like either a fiddler cap, a fisherman cap, or a baker boy's hat! They all look pretty similar, I'm not sure what the differences between the three are. (Also I'm new to forums, not sure how long is too long to reply to a board, sorry if it's too late to respond to this one)

dont sweat it, people reply to threads much less active than this one was all the time. while its discouraged, you dont really get more than a slap on the wrist unless you're doing it frequently or not really adding anything to the discussion

while its bumped, id imagine he's got a carpenter cap on, considering he was designed with a carpenter in mind.

It looks like a Greek Fisherman Hat. ;)

feraigaytr said:
(Also I'm new to forums, not sure how long is too long to reply to a board, sorry if it's too late to respond to this one)

meanwhile mr. LB over here bumps it from four months longer ago

Also, Mario's hat is obviously a ghost duh

Back