what genres of music do you like

I'd say my favourite kind of music is modern jazz, just like songs in Mario games. Except I don't just like Mario.

hip hop / R&B

rock, mostly older rock, 70s-90s

some electronic

EDIT: and yeah some pop but thats my guilty pleasure, you can catch me singing ed sheeran and i wont be embarrassed

late 70s/early 80s pop-rock is my favorite. hall & oates, styx, billy joel, bruce springsteen, reo speedwagon, stuff like that.

also like blues & blues rock, funk, calypso, motown, 80s synth pop/new wave, some early hip hop, and showtunes.

I like late 70s early 80s stuff too lol. New wave, synth pop, funk (I like 90s funk too), disco... but also the metal stuff in the 80s too like Judas Priest and Iron Maiden. The 80s was a good time for music, and I love how several of bass lines associated with that funk often remind me of the underground tune in Super Mario Bros., but better.

I listen to Classic Country, some Modern Country, Outlaw Country, Ragtime, and video game music. I also listen to Rock and Roll, but I like Bob Kuban and The In-Men's The Cheater. I also listen to Johnny Hallyday's Rock and Roll music, but it is in French, luckily it is my second language. Here's a song I like to listen to by Johnny Hallyday it is my favourite song in French:

Gee, I'm in a very metal mood lately. I'll just post here because it'll be easier for me to remember the band names and refer to later in the future and maybe get some possible interested people listening.

I've explored the jazz metal genre and I love it overall, particularly when they mix saxophone with heavy metal. I have listened to a few bands that has jazz elements including Atheist and Cynic, and Lye by Mistake (instrumental) but I've always wanted to hear more from the jazz-side instrument wise. I found my match with Trioscapes (instrumental), Diablo Swing Orchestra (the mix between metal and swing is a really fun listen), La Rumeur des Chaînes (Erythème has that Grank Kirkthrope style). Shining sounds like pure metal (instrumental), but they have a saxophone instead of a heavy guitar, which is fun to hear (though the music sounds like a clusterfuck of noise to those who aren't used to such aggressive fast-paced music; though I've listened to more clusterfucky noise in the form of Ignominious Atonement), and bonus points for being so unconventional.

The search function in Encyclopaedia Metallum works wonders; it's how I found a lot of these.

I now like Gospel, Country, Rock, Rock and Roll, Folk, Ragtime, Swing, and a bit of Rap. I only listen to the theme song of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, I Wanna Talk About Me by Toby Keith, also the two mixtures of Country and Rap that he produced, Red Solo Cup and Getcha Some. That is the only rap I listen to, as for Rock, I listened to it when I learned my late father listened to it.

Back