The "Why I hate _____" Thread

Mallow from Super Mario RPG is a crybaby who contributes almost nothing to the team on their quest to fix the Star Road and defeat the Smithy Gang. His whole story is that he's a frog except he's not a frog, he's actually a cloud prince, but his parents lost him and didn't love him enough to go looking for him. Then he finds them after exposing a fraud woman and her bird army, the end. He just kinda tags along with Mario because Mario's apparently too polite to tell a cloud to fuck off.

The Thread Where you Have to Say Why you Hate a Character or you get Permabanned

The thread title doesn't say I have to say why I hate a character so let me talk about Mario Party 8 for a bit.
Yes it does.

GalacticPetey said:
The funny thing is I used to not mind Daisy until I really got to see her fanbase. Now I despise her on principle. People's constant desire for her to be given more spotlight and recognition have actually hurt her image more than helped it.

And it's staggering just how many of them there are. It's like there's some giant underground cult of people who worship Orange Peach.

Same thing for me, and also Luigi. The worst part about Luigi's cult following is that they all say he's "underrated". Judging by his cult following, he's not.

Magikrazy said:
Mallow from Super Mario RPG is a crybaby who contributes almost nothing to the team on their quest to fix the Star Road and defeat the Smithy Gang. His whole story is that he's a frog except he's not a frog, he's actually a cloud prince, but his parents lost him and didn't love him enough to go looking for him. Then he finds them after exposing a fraud woman and her bird army, the end. He just kinda tags along with Mario because Mario's apparently too polite to tell a cloud to *bleep* off.

The fight with Smithy becomes painfully harder if you use Mallow.

I don't think I've ever seen overzealous Luigi fans like I have with Daisy. Maybe I just haven't noticed them, though.

BBQ Turtle said:
Plessie (the Evil Dinosaur), as it took us age to figure out that he wasn't an enemy so we kept claw attacking him and poking him on the Wii U gamepad, and only found out we had to ride him when my brother accidentally jumped on him. And there were three of us trying to figure it out. Aside from that his levels are absolutely pants, you can't hurt him in anyway really, his stamps and green stars were the hardest for us to get, we died loads of times on his levels, his design is awful (Like an orange Yoshi who was squashed under a ton of bricks or something), and he sounds awful and the noises freak my cat out. I hope he never comes back.

I don't know how you could have had that problem when you get a big notification explaining exactly how to use Plessie.

I dislike Mallow because he's completely outclassed as a player character, he's butt-ugly, I find his mannerism and dialogue irritating and not endearing at all, I don't think being the only thing in SMRPG to have a character arc comes close to redeeming him, and he's stupid, he sucks, I hate him, he sucks, and he smells like ass, I bet he eats his own poo-poo and

GalacticPetey said:
The funny thing is I used to not mind Daisy until I really got to see her fanbase. Now I despise her on principle. People's constant desire for her to be given more spotlight and recognition have actually hurt her image more than helped it.

And it's staggering just how many of them there are. It's like there's some giant underground cult of people who worship Orange Peach.
it seems like a case of poisoning the well; I don't think it's rational to hate a character just because her fanbase is *bleep*ty

she doesn't have much going for her and she probably won't get any goodies in the future; that being said, so I get enjoyment out of teasing the rabid fanbase (if there is more to it than memoryman) though it's really unfortunate to be at the expense of saner fans who legit want her to be more than what she is right now.

LeftyGreenMario said:
though it's really unfortunate to be at the expense of saner fans who legit want her to be more than what she is right now.
Recognized! I'd like to think I'm sane.​

You're sane.

Even if you're a Yoshi fan. ;)

LeftyGreenMario said:
GalacticPetey said:

it seems like a case of poisoning the well; I don't think it's rational to hate a character just because her fanbase is *bleep*ty

she doesn't have much going for her and she probably won't get any goodies in the future; that being said, so I get enjoyment out of teasing the rabid fanbase (if there is more to it than memoryman) though it's really unfortunate to be at the expense of saner fans who legit want her to be more than what she is right now.
I know it's not that fair of me, I recognize that a good portion of her fans are perfectly normal people, but damn the vocal ones are really vocal.

I feel like I've already talked about characters I hate, namely PGP, Baby Rosalina, Honey Queen, and so forth and so on. Most of them I mainly hate because they don't belong in Mario Kart; there aren't a ton of characters besides the aforementioned clones and babies that I hate the overall existence of.

Bob Eubanks said:
The thread title doesn't say I have to say why I hate a character so let me talk about Mario Party 8 for a bit.

It's not good.

The board design was not good except for like, one board which wasn't even that memorable, the minigames are boring except for also one that isn't very memorable, and MC Ballyhoo can go die. The setting is boring and uninspired, and in all honesty, story mode had potential but was ruined by how unrewarding it is. The only thing I remember having actual fun doing was playing Cut from the Team, just because of its unpredictable nature, but other than that I can't stand Mario Party 8.

And it got second in Favorite Mario Party? Come on, guys, you can't put it one vote behind the best Mario Party game.
Perhaps but I have to disagree because the nostalgia is strong with this one
Plus the only other Mario Parties I've played are 9 and 10 and those are much worse
Of course Mario Party is one of the sub-series I care the least about out of the ones I've played
And it got 2nd cuz of the massive number of people who had a Wii and no other console, but MPDS got first because that sold even more than MP8

GalacticPetey said:

Many people do that, but I try not to let crazy fans ruin the character I've been maining when I was little. I do support the We Are Daisy group, the Daisy fans there don't act biased or argue/complain on message boards.

Glowsquid said:
I dislike Mallow because he's completely outclassed as a player character, he's butt-ugly
I laughed way harder than I should have at Mallow being called butt-ugly

I never liked Mallow's design.

The idea of character fans is just absurd to me. I can't fathom liking a character so much that it affects how you interact with people.

All the humans in the Mario Sports games. They look so out of place.

baby rosalina. at least with pink gold peach i can think of reasons to like her ironically but baby rosalina is just bad.

NEXandGBX said:
baby rosalina. at least with pink gold peach i can think of reasons to like her ironically but baby rosalina is just bad.
I like Pink Gold Peach as well, because she is very good to use for goofing around and triggering Nathaniel Bandy. And at least her pink gold finish looks very pretty on the Wii U. Sometimes I play as her in Mario Kart 8 on the Wii U kiosk as a joke.

Miis, those playability-stealing bastards in half of Mario Golf: World Tour, most of Fortune Street, Wii Party, all of Smash Tour and their ubiquity in many online games including Mario Tennis Open and Mario Kart.

Back