Should voice actors from the Mario franchise be more involved?

memoryman3

Dry Bones
Banned User
As in, new voice clips can be found in almost every game they star in, rather that a select few notable titles like Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8, 3D World or home console Mario Parties. Like say, bring Deanna Mustard in to voice Daisy and Baby Daisy in the next Mario Baseball, so they can acknolwefge that they have hit a home run, or call out other character's names. They did this for Mario Kart 8's "Wheels up", and it worked! A little polish goes a long way.

Some games could get away with really good voice clip selection, like Mario and Sonic Rio 2016 Wii U (where I legitmately thought that the voices were all new), but a lack of new voice clips in general cheapens the experience, and can possibly detach from the experience.

What happened to the announcer in Mario Tennis actually calling out the names of the characters, instead of just saying "Server/Receiver"?

In the next golf game, give Baby Luigi the ability to taunt.

Please?

memoryman3 said:
What happened to the announcer in Mario Tennis actually calling out the names of the characters, instead of just saying "Server/Receiver"?
What happened to the announcer in Mario Kart 64 and Mario Tennis 64???

LeftyGreenMario said:
memoryman3 said:

Yeah...whatever happened to that smooth Italian accent...I mean, it's not like we haven't heard that as recently as this year's E3...HMMMM.

Yes. I'd like to see more dialogue drive stuff in Mario games/spinoffs. Even if it is silly.

LeftyGreenMario said:
memoryman3 said:
We need bombastic shouting of everything à la Smash Bros.

I just want somebody to drag Kenny James out of whatever hole he's hiding in so I can see him talk in his Bowser voice.

Time Turner said:
We need bombastic shouting of everything à la Smash Bros.

200px-Ness-Taunt-SSBM.gif

Back