Pokémon UltraSun and UltraMoon

GBA

do you ever yearn for the soft touch of a pancake
Forum Moderator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
He/him
New games confirmed in the Pokemon direct after baiting us with pokken tournament. Much to the disappointment of many, they are still 3DS games

Trailer here (at the very end of the Pokken stuff):

Will update thread with official art when we have it.

Hyppppppeee

Re: Pokemon UltraSun and UltraMoon

So I don't have to buy a Switch just yet.

Hopefully this improves on some of Sun and Moon's shortcomings.

Yeah not being on the Switch was a given with Gamefreak's track record, but even with that anticipation it still cut deep lol

but if they do manage to pull off another BW2 then I'll be impressed

New possible Marshadow/Necrozma forms? Yes please.

I just wish it was Stars.

my guesses:

- New key item to get the thing on the box of your choice, later games will have some random NPC holding this cherished item because compatibility
- New Z-moves as seen in the trailer
- New clothing options
- New Lycanroc form
- Unfinished areas in all of those towns finally finished
- no new Alolan forms

Its a retelling of sun/moon so i expect the plot to be mostly similar. Shame really since a direct sequel would probably be better

yus, time to start planning my next pokemon team

bit disappointed it's another double sister game, and even more disappointed it's not a sequel, but hey, the heart wants what it wants, and what this heart wants is another pokemon team for his collection

LES GO 101, GET SOM STICKS BRAH HERE WE GO

Typical Game Freak.

I knew right from the trailer when the kid gave the two other kids wrapped 3ds games that it'd be another B2/W2 situation.

I hope this improves over Sun/Moon because while it improved the story and characters, I was left disappointed with some of the locales, the lack and removal of some QoL updates, and the lack of variety in the Pokemon of the region. Also no National dex was and is stupid.

The lack of move tutors was another insult to Sun and Moon. But maybe we might get some answers as to whether or not Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala, and Necrozma truly are Ultra Beasts.

And I do wish that the battle facilities would stop banning the use of uber leveled legendaries and mythical Pokemon, since based on how difficult the trainers can be at those places, even with a full team of ubers, you're not guaranteed to win all the time if lady luck turns against you.

Want to sweep everyone with Complete Forme Zygarde? You can forget about that if the opponent gets lucky with Quick Claw and Horn Drill wiping out your Zygarde just like that.

Would have been happier with a Switch port but still happy

I also look forward to the TFS Nuzlocking it because the Moon one was great

right

i'm gonna wait for an official statement before i go ahead guessing away

i mean it's possible that it's a retelling, but then again it doesn't make too much sense why it would be double games if it wasn't a sequel

If it's more like a Platinum than a BW2 then all I could really hope for is more pokemon availability, but I was really impressed with the options in Sun/Moon already so I guess uh... don't fuck it up? Maybe they have some stuff up their sleeve, or not.

Really hoping this is handled much like B2/W2 and it is a continuation of the plot of Sun/Moon.
- Would like to see more UBs, and also less of them in the post game and have them more involved with the main plot.
- I don't see characters like Lillie returning until post game, which is fine because fresh faces are always welcome.
- I would like to see the characters like Colress and Grimsly be more involved with the plot rather than "hi im a cameo from another game, have an item" though I somehow doubt it.
- Would also like to see the Tapus more involved with the plot as well, since the island seems to hold them so highly

So if the information currently available is all there is to it, and this is essentially just a Sun/Moon remake on the same system that doesn't continue the story, I'm going to give this one a skip.

In this day and age, a content update like this could very easily be handled via DLC. It's not something I am going to pay full-price for again.

Though I have to say I would be inclined to change my mind if they let me throw Hau off a mountain. Or if they give us a color wheel instead of a super restricted multiple choice selection for hair colors.

Mr. Edo said:
So if the information currently available is all there is to it, and this is essentially just a Sun/Moon remake on the same system that doesn't continue the story, I'm going to give this one a skip.

In this day and age, a content update like this could very easily be handled via DLC. It's not something I am going to pay full-price for again.

Though I have to say I would be inclined to change my mind if they let me throw Hau off a mountain. Or if they give us a color wheel instead of a super restricted multiple choice selection for hair colors.
I'm just passing through real quick to say thank god someone shares my disdainment of hau

hey, we should start a hau hate club

Did you know that "hau" is actually the german imperative form of "to punch/strike/hit/beat"?

I think it's rather fitting.

Anakin Skywalker said:
Mr. Edo said:

I'm just passing through real quick to say thank god someone shares my disdainment of hau

hey, we should start a hau hate club
I'm pretty sure everyone is in that club.

gladion is best

Back