Pokémon UltraSun and UltraMoon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLPHod1FzSk

this looks pretty sick, actually

Trailer looks sick. I hope it means what it's implying and the Ultra Beasts have a larger impact on the story. I think they're such a cool idea and I want more done with them. Bizarre, otherworldly creatures arriving in Alola and wreaking havoc and you the Champion must assume the role as protector of the region against these things. Such a cool concept, but very weak execution.

Another new trailer. There's a new Ultra Beast that's pure poison, UB Adhesive. We can also travel to Ultra Space and battle the beasts there, and it seems like there's also a new faction of people dedicated to the UBs. UB Burst is confirmed to be Fire / Ghost and UB Assembly is Rock / Steel.

At first I was worried these would be too similar to SM, but now I'm really hyped.

Finally, a hype trailer.

Shame on Assembly's garbage typing. Was hoping for Rock/Ghost. Expected Burst to be Fairy, but I'm hyped that it's ghost-type.

New team looks cool, guessing they have blue skin due to being in the Ultra Space for years.

You know unpopular opinion maybe, but I'm not a fan of these Ultra Beasts. Wasn't in the original S/M and still not here. They're just so jarring to me so seeing how this game seems to focus on them more, it makes me even less excited sadly.

See, I'm of the opposite opinion. I love how unpokémon they look. They're essentially aliens from another dimension. I would have gone a step farther and actually made them uncatchable and have absurd stats. That way they'd be bosses that would require whole teams of Pokémon to subdue. I love the idea of these overwhelming monsters appearing and you have to defend Alola.

GalacticPetey said:

Another new trailer. There's a new Ultra Beast that's pure poison, UB Adhesive. We can also travel to Ultra Space and battle the beasts there, and it seems like there's also a new faction of people dedicated to the UBs. UB Burst is confirmed to be Fire / Ghost and UB Assembly is Rock / Steel.

At first I was worried these would be too similar to SM, but now I'm really hyped.
UB adhesive resembles a thicc purple mew with a delicious chicken dinner on its head

Korekiyo Shinguji said:
You know unpopular opinion maybe, but I'm not a fan of these Ultra Beasts. Wasn't in the original S/M and still not here. They're just so jarring to me so seeing how this game seems to focus on them more, it makes me even less excited sadly.
I just like the idea that we're capturing creatures who are in fact not pokemon.

Looks like UB-Burst is Fire/Ghost and UB-Assembly is Rock/Steel. I was hoping that they will both be Ghost-types with unused combinations (Normal/Ghost and Rock/Ghost respectively), but I think their stats might be the most interesting part. I have doubts that Assembly will do great since Rock/Steel has traditionally been a very difficult type to use effectively, with Aggron being the best due to its high Attack.

UB-Adhesive is another Poison-type. I thought it would be the first "legendary" Poison-type, but I remembered that Nihilego preceded it.

Thank you for reading.

New trailer. Points of note:\

New signature move for the new Necrozma forms.
Solgaleo and Lunala's signature moves now have Z move versions. I think only Necrozma can use them though
New Rotom Dex features are basically O Powers. It can also give you the ability to use two Z moves per battle.

Some points from a recent interview. Bolded the biggest stuff.
Junichi Masuda in in charge of fully supervising the game.

Game Freak was greatly relieved to learn that Z-Moves were well-received by fans.

For Sun & Moon, Game Freak worked on balancing bosses by making them beatable if players use proper strategies or suffer if they go in recklessly.

After completing work on Sun & Moon, the staff felt that there was still more they could do in the Alola region.

The reason they’re releasing Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon is to offer players some variety before the current image they get stuck with the same image of Alola.

The story isn’t a “sequel.” It’s a “story that has a little divergence” from Sun and Moon.

Characters from the “Ultra Expedition Team” make an appearance, and that’s where the story changes. They appear at the opening of the game, so you’ll be able to start the game with excitement.

On top of a different main story from Sun & Moon, there’s an additional new episode after entering the Hall of Fame. Game Freak teases that those who are looking at it as what Platinum was to Diamond and Pearl, can expect an even more ultra huge change coming.

The Ultra Expedition Team arrived from another world through an Ultra Wormhole. A new element is being prepared that will have the protagonist and company dive into the Ultra Wormhole and visit all kinds of different worlds.

Pokémon will be much easier to collect and train compared to Sun and Moon.

Using the “Ultra Warp Ride” to travel to other worlds, you’ll even get to visit a world with Legendary Pokémon. For example, you can meet and catch Mewtwo. That’s all Game Freak has to say about that for now and they’ll leave it to your imagination whether we’ll get to meet other Legendary Pokémon.

If we put it simply as far as story volume goes, the addition of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon should about double the current story volume for the Sun & Moon generation.

HOLY SHIT

INFO:
-Team Rocket and Giovanni return in the form of Team Rainbow Rocket. And Giovanni has Mewtwo?!
-You can also battle Maxie, Archie, Cyrus, Ghetsis, and Lysander.
-LEGENDARY POKÉMON! Encounter Mewtwo, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Ho-oh, Lugia, Entei, Suicune, Raikou, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Latias, Latios, Regirock, Registeel, Regice, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Cresselia, Regigigas, Heatran, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde.
-Collect stickers to obtain Totem sized Pokémon.
-New battle facility where it looks like you can rent legendaries.

how did cyrus get out of distortion world

why are archie and maxie using their original designs and not the oras ones

how the blue hell is lysandre still alive

who cares i'm hyped

Weasel said:
how did cyrus get out of distortion world

why are archie and maxie using their original designs and not the oras ones

how the blue hell is lysandre still alive

who cares i'm hyped
I think they're from alternate timelines where they won.

I really didn't care about this game before.

Now I really care about this game.

Man, I forgot how lame original Maxie and Archie looked.

DNoRERvUIAAIZLX.jpg

Seems like Faba is the villain from Gen VII side of things and Guzma seems to be on our side now.

wow they actually gave me a reason to buy the game now

I mean, "all legendaries" is standard now but Team Rainbow Rocket is hype af

I wonder if this is a send-off to the teams of past games, and Pokemon Switch will do away with the Team thing entirely?

When I first read that pre-load is now available, I was initially excited because I thought the datamine can start, but I read some of the tweets from the dataminer that it's just unrealistic at this point because of the encryption method used for pre-loads, compared to cartridges. Meaning, we won't know the game's data until a cartridge is provided, either by a contributor or an early release.

I can't help but feel that Ultra Moon has the inferior selection of legendaries. On the plus side, it has Pheromosa, Celesteela, Thundurus, Zekrom and Kyogre, but it also has Regigigas, which is not exactly going to light the world on fire. On the other hand, Ultra Sun has cool stuff like UB-Burst, Groudon (Primal Groudon is much better than Primal Kyogre), Ho-oh, Raikou, Dialga, Xerneas and Heatran.

Thank you for reading.

winstein said:
>Implying Ho-oh is better than Lugia

In all seriousness, though, I think they both have solid selections

Rantarou Amami said:
I really didn't care about this game before.

Now I really care about this game.
samesmaemsaemsamesamesamesame
GalacticPetey said:
Some points from a recent interview. Bolded the biggest stuff.
On top of a different main story from Sun & Moon, there’s an additional new episode after entering the Hall of Fame. Game Freak teases that those who are looking at it as what Platinum was to Diamond and Pearl, can expect an even more ultra huge change coming.
ESPECIALLY if this is true. I love platinum, and I regard it as the best generation sequel, especially in regards to how diamond and pearl were not the best.

If you are someone who enjoys Pokemon game leaks like I do, then you would be pleased to find out that some information is coming to light:

- First things first, some box sprites for the Ultra Beasts and a Mythical: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOFE5R4U8AAi-L5.jpg
- Next, their names: Poipole (UB Adhesive), Naganadel (Might be the other purple one), Stakataka (Assembly), Blacephalon (Might be Burst), Zeraora (Mythical)

Thank you for reading.

Holy fuck, this Cyrus battle remix. So fucking good. Now I'm super hyped. Looking forward to Gen IV remakes on the Switch.

Back