Pokémon UltraSun and UltraMoon

Not Worth It

Holy crap, people are actually getting hyped about a re-telling of Pokémon Sun and Moon?

Guys, you're getting a little...insane. I mean I get that it's two new Pokémon games, but...it's basically Pokémon Nebula split into two versions. We're showering Nintendo and Gamefreak with money so they can give us something we already have. LoZ Oracle series? Two different games with extras if you link them together. Smash 3DS and Smash U? Different Smash games with the same roster.
Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue? Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver? Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire? Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl? Pokémon Black, Pokémon White, Pokémon Black 2, and Pokémon White 2? Pokémon X and Pokémon Y? Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon? THE EXACT SAME GAME THROUGH EACH COMPARISON WITH MINOR MODIFICATIONS.
UltraSun and UltraMoon will probably be no different and be placed in the comparison with Sun & Moon.

*notices I forgot Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, and Stadium 1+2*

I've only seen like one person who's super excited about the game.

Inb4 the game is Hau's story where he wants to be the very best Malasada eater like no one ever was

Please remember that additional move tutors could be implemented in UltraSun and UltraMoon. That could be helpful for the 7th generation Pokemon, as they currently lack much if any move tutor access.

I'm looking forward to this. I think pokemon moon/sun is the best pokemon game I've played(haven't played gen 1,2,4,5).

The language is very vague though. Maybe it can be obtained in game but it's just super convoluted or at a extremely specific time.

NEWS UPDATE!

Trailer:

Kommo-o Z Move:

GameInformer have been allowed to exclusively reveal a new mode in the game, the Alola Photo Club mode where you can take photos with your Pokémon with various poses including Z-Move Poses and then edit them with decorations, lenses and more

New Alolan map:
DHg_ayXU0AAtvPb.jpg:large

Box art:
1dvhtdu5zhgz.png

Some things to note: Between the box arts, there seems to be some new, glowing Pokemon. Likely Necrozma without its armor. The trailer also shows a room that looks a lot like Lt. Surge's gym.

MORE NEWS!

-Two new Necrozma forms where it takes over Solgaleo or Lunala depending on your version.
-TWO NEW ULTRA BEASTS. Codenamed Burst and Assembly. They look really weird, which is awesome. Burst is Ultra Sun exclusive and Assembly is exclusive to Ultra Moon.
-Mantine is a new ride Pokemon. Maybe as a substitute for the Dive HM?
-People have noted that Rockruff's dex number is changed, likely hinting at an expanded regional pokedex which, quite frankly, is needed.
-New areas like a beach with surfboards and a Pikachu park.
-Unique Lycanroc Z move

It's unprecedented that there are new Pokemon introduced within the same Generation, with the new Ultra Beasts being shown. Previously it was either new Forms or Mega Evolutions, which aren't the same because they typically require an external item to use, but this time, it's actual new Pokemon that can be used and presumably be captured. That sounds amazing, but I can't help but feel that they will be obsolete in the older games, unless they somehow made an update in the original Sun and Moon to allow them.

I predict that Assembly will be Rock/Ghost and the Burst will be Normal/Ghost, because 1) I would like to see more Ghost-types, and 2) I feel they fit the Ghost-type. Here's hoping.

Thank you for reading.

Another news update!

-New trials. Mina actually has one now, which is nice. It looks like several old ones have been changed. Alolan Marowak is a Totem Pokemon now.
-Regional dex expanded to over 400 Pokemon! Some new additions include Tropius, Volcarona line, Ampharos line, Tyranitar line, Zoroark line, Houndoom line, and the Manectric line.
-Mantine is a new PokeRide pokemon. It can be used for a surfing minigame and also to surf between the islands!

I hope the new PokeDex has Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist, since you can't even get their HA on all of their sizes. It's not so significant, but that would basically make all the HA Pokemon from past generations possible to get.

If possible, I do hope that as the last Pokemon game (probably) on the 3DS, they make the Festival Plaza less cumbersome to use, as in, the connection is automatically made without the need to keep connection. I guess it's difficult to do due to the processing power required (I am surprised by how much the battery drains when I play this game!), but for the sake of convenience, this should be a feature.

Thank you for reading.

Back