30 Day Video Game Challenge - DAY 30: Your favorite game of all time

Re: 30 Day Video Game Challenge - DAY 12: A game everyone should play

oh hey i'm 11 days behind

might as well catch up on them!

Day 1: First video game... well, I got two back for Christmas in like 1999, but the first one I played of those two was Pokemon Blue. Although if we're talking first video game I ever played, it was my friend's copy of Super Mario Bros for the GB.

Man I was terrible at that game back then. But I was also like six years old.

Day 2: It's hard to pick, but I'd probably go with Youmu Konpaku from Touhou.

Day 3: Wario: Master of Disguise. Keeps getting overlooked all the time in Wario polls and yet (with the exception of the minigames for the chests) it was really solid and fun when I played it.

Day 4: There's a couple bad licensed GBA platformers I have from the time when every franchise was getting those, they're bad but I still enjoy playing them quite a bit

Day 5: Patchouli Knowledge. I don't get out of the house very much and if I was given the chance I'd read books all day every day.

Day 6: nue houjuu can go FUCK RIGHT OFF, she's a gigantic hinderance in every game I have to fight her as a boss

Day 7: Hajime Hinata/Chiaki Nanami from Danganronpa 2.

Day 8: Touhou, easily. Even discounting the absolutely fantastic remix scene, there's so much good music in the original games that I can't not choose it!

Day 9: The ending of Chapter 2 of Danganronpa 2.

I totally forgot you can't nest spoiler tags anymore, thanks whoever abused that to the point it was removed!

Day 10: Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2 (but not 3). Something about them just feels so right - every button does exactly what it needs to, there's no wasted buttons, it's so smooth to move through everything... I could replay them just for gameplay alone.

Day 11: Gamecube, I'd have to say. It's the cornerstone of my childhood memories and I still happily pull out plenty of the games for it when I have the time.

and for today's answer I'd say everyone oughta give Henry Hatsworth a try, it's a fun but as far as I know overlooked and forgotten DS game that deserved more attention

Final Fantasy VII, absolute RPG classic.

...even if I've never beaten it

999 and ff7 have already been answered so I'll go with super metroid.

There are lots of games I could say, but I think I will choose the Mario Galaxy games, and if I have to pick one, I would say Super Mario Galaxy 2, which I find slightly better than the first one. These two games are just incredible, great soundtrack, great gameplay, memorable levels. I still consider them as the best 3D Mario platformers.

All the pikmin games.

Re: 30 Day Video Game Challenge - DAY 13: A game you've played more than five times

Day 13: A game you've played more than five times

Excluding, obviously, multiplayer games like TF2 or Smash Bros. or Mario Kart, I think the game I've played the most (definitely more than five times because of how many incarnations/ports of the game there are) is Cave Story. I've played it on PC and WiiWare, and the 3DS version as well. I can't say I've beaten it five times, but I've gotten nearly to the end (and have beaten it fully once) five-plus times and just have never been able to beat it again. Easily one of my favorite video games ever.

After Cave Story, I think the game I've played more than, like, three times, is Portal, mainly because it's so short but it's also one of my all-time favorite video games. Also, now that I think about it as I type this post, I've probably played through VVVVVV more than five times too, both on Steam and the 3DS. Such a ridiculously fun game and time-killer.

Re: 30 Day Video Game Challenge - DAY 13: A game you've played more than five times

I've beaten Luigi's Mansion about 15 times I think, been some years since I last made a playthrough of it though
Other games I've beaten more than 5 times are Paper Mario, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Heroes

SMB3 and DKC3 are games that I beat every year at least once because I think that they are the best of their respective franchises (except tropical freeze might be better then DKC3)

too many so I'll just name some of them that i can remember in my just-awakened-but-still-effin-tired-anyway state

Ace Attorney
Pokemon Emerald
Pokemon Platinum
Super Mario World
Shovel Knight

Oh yeah I probably played the game boy pokemon games at least 100 times in my youth.

Mario 64, all the GameCube Mario Parties, probably all the N64 Mario Parties, all the Mario Karts except SMK and MKSC, and the list goes on.

Once I discovered that it was possible to do 0-banana runs in DK64, I did 7 of those over the course of one week.

Pretty much every Mega Man, Mega Man X (except X6 and X7 because they suck), and Mega Man Zero game.

I don't usually play a lot of games more than once, but off the top of my head I can say Super Mario World, Wario Land 3, Wario Land 4, Hamtaro Ham-Ham Heartbreak, Pokemon Red, Pokemon Silver, Super Mario 64, varios Mario Karts.

Shovel Knight, Kirby's Return to Dreamland, Super Mario World, and so on.

My answers have a clear pattern

Is this like, just a game I've played five times or one I've played to completion.

if it's the former, at least 3/4 of the games I own. If it's the latter, none.

I've probably replayed Kirby and the Amazing Mirror a countless amount of times so I know where pretty much all secrets are.

Altera said:
Is this like, just a game I've played five times or one I've played to completion.

I'm 99.9% sure the question means ones you've played to completion, I thiiiiiiiiiiink

Several games come to my mind. Here is a list
*New Super Mario Bros.
*New Super Mario Bros. Wii
*New Super Mario Bros. 2
*Super Mario Galaxy
*Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
*Super Paper Mario
*Maybe Donkey Kong Country
New Super Mario Bros. series has been played with different powerups for all levels (Wii doesn't include world 9) and Super Mario Galaxy has may be Mario and Luigi separate.

Why no, I'm not 5 days behind. Don't be ridiculous.

Day 9: ...Pass. I've seen several sad scenes but nothing's coming up as the saddest
Day 10: Smash 4 I guess
Day 11: Nintendo 64, with Gamecube a very close second
Day 12: Ghost "I'm bad at words just play it anyway" Trick
Day 13: I usually don't beat games more than once but I've probably done Pokémon Snap at least ten times

Undertale

Super Mario Galaxy

the first one that comes to mind is Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

goddamn love that game

Back