30 Day Video Game Challenge - DAY 30: Your favorite game of all time

Re: 30 Day Video Game Challenge - DAY 11: Gaming system of choice

probably my laptop

I'll always value the playstation 2 for being my very first console, but the ps3 has a great library of games and it's gotten to the point where it's the main console I'll play

Emulator and GameCube are my favorites for some reason. N64 is good, but the three handles are kinda awkward.

Gamecube and the 3DS. Both have incredible first party support and their games are excellent.

hmmmmmm I cant think of any other consoles I would want to talk about hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :toad:

eh, Nintendo ones usually, so, currently, the norm would be Wii U and 3DS, right? (Don't own a Switch yet). Picking a favorite of all of them is really hard, but I think my favorite Nintendo home console ever is the N64 and 3DS the handheld.
Ironically though I'm currently playing my PS3 the most because of Persona 4.

10 - Honestly, probably A Link Between Worlds. It just has some incredibly solid gameplay, the controls are simple, it rarely forces you stop what you're doing out of any sort of frustration with moving because it's pretty smooth and it's not hard to wrap your head around all the items and mechanics.

11 - I'll have to go with the 3DS. It generally has the best selection of games, at least out of the ones I own.

If I had to choose a system, ps1.

Else i Play whatever except for Microsoft and Sega consoles because I don't have them

PC, definitely. I love the mod support to death, and it's arguably the best platform for many reasons all of you guys are too tired of hearing.

If I want to play Wii, Wii U, GameCube, DS, and 3DS games, then I have emulation for those ;)

SpaceHamster said:
Emulator and GameCube are my favorites for some reason. N64 is good, but the three handles are kinda awkward.

Have you seen this one?

My preferred game system is the Gamecube, but I also love the N64.

My favorite system is surprisingly the 3DS, Intelligently made, good interface, amazing library of games including plenty of indie games... It's pretty cool.

Re: 30 Day Video Game Challenge - DAY 12: A game everyone should play

Day 12: A game everyone should play

Literally could list dozens upon dozens of games here. Obviously Ace Attorney, the original trilogy, is up there. But going with something different because I need to stop falling back on AA: Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. Two of the finest RPGs ever made. To me, they are both 100 times better than Awakening.

Everybody should play Shovel Knight. I'd also say Undertale but there are very few people I can convince of that anymore

For people who haven't played Mario 64, Mario 64.

For people who have played Mario 64, Super Mario: Star Road.

Gundham Tanaka said:
mother 3

that means you, nabber :)
YES
Lilligant said:
Everybody should play Shovel Knight. I'd also say Undertale but there are very few people I can convince of that anymore
That any everybody who wanted to play Undertale already have. Unless they aren't born yet.

For a unique answer I will go with either Binding of Isaac: Rebirth or Terraria. They are two extremely addicting and insanely fun games.

hm well you already all know to play 999 so im going to say that people should really play Yoshi's Woolly World as well. Most adorable platformer I've ever played, plus the 3DS version lets you make custom Yoshis which is fun

Which version is superior: the Wii U version or 3DS version? Asking as somebody who really wants to try Woolly World one day soon, hopefully.

I've only got the 3DS version but I'd say if you want more features and portablility over graphics, then go with that. The Wii U version's HUB layout and graphics are obviously better, but the 3DS has two big differences in a yoshi editor and a daily Poochy + Yoshi stop motion video quiz which is adorably superfluous

The Wonderful 101, seriously. Amazing underrated gem from the Wii U. People keep saying that few games used the Wii U GamePad well, and guess what, The Wonderful 101 is the best of them

Banjo-Kazooie, the best of Rareware's many gems from that era and part of what I call the Triforce of the Nintendo 64.

Banjo Tooie, which should be the mold of how video game sequels should be done.

Perfect Dark for the N64, as it allows 4-player splitscreen with additional support for 8 CPU's. From a game design perspective, I think this is the best FPS game ever made.

Left 4 Dead 2.

The market is fairly devoid of cooperative shooters, so this one definitely stands out. Anyone who likes shooters and would rather wants to cooperate with friends should definitely play this game.

Back