30 Day Video Game Challenge - DAY 30: Your favorite game of all time

Re: 30 Day Video Game Challenge - DAY 8: Best soundtrack

I would've said Xenoblade Chronicles X at some point and while I still really like that games soundtrack (not so much the games sound design, though that's neither here nor there), Ys VIII has an amazing soundtrack all around.

In general the Ys series has consistently great soundtracks but I'm blown away by how good the entirety of 8's soundtrack is. I'm so fucking pumped to play it when it gets released over here.

oh boy this is tough

honestly, i could list Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS as the games with the best soundtracks because they contain so many nintendo classics but that would be cheating

Mother 3 is a good option but people have already said it. If Wario Land 4 ever got a remaster and its soundtrack saved from the compressed depths of GBA hell then that would get my vote. Mario Kart 8 has some amazing remixes and tunes but I wouldn't say its my favourite.

So in that case the award goes to Rhythm Heaven Megamix because it contains the very best and catchiest Rhythm Heaven songs all in one package. Its not perfect by any means, no soundtrack is, but

i mean
god
damn

OK so the game I chose has amazing tunes since the beginning.

But from the moment THIS started playing

I knew I was playing a hell of a special game. And it only went uphill from there in the music department

Re: 30 Day Video Game Challenge - DAY 7: Favorite game couple

don't really have a favorite couple

the Rhythm Heaven games have very great soundtracks

I think Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie have one of the best soundtracks ever. As for Mario games, 3D World is my favorite. Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 also have fantastic soundtracks.

Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2 have the best soundtrack, hands down.

Day 7: Best game couple:
- Romantic: I don't know, video games have a strong history of shitty relationships. I guess Junpei and Akane?
- Pla(y)tonic: Banjo(Yooka) and Kazooie(Laylee)

Day 8: Best Soundtrack:
The World Ends With You. Every track is a masterpiece.

For day 7, I have no interest in romance in video games so I'll go with Bowser and Bowser Jr.

Assuming Homestuck doesn't count, my favourite soundtrack is definitely Colour Splash. The songs are catchy, fitting and have a good balance between original tunes and using other motifs.

Best couple, idk what instantly came to mind was
okabe and kurisu
in steins gate so I guess that (I don't really count non canon couples or non romantical couples here)

Best soundtrack WEW lad I could write ages about this one

If I absolutely had to choose, ff7, contenders are castlevania rondo of blood (EDIT: BUT NOT THE SNES VERSION) and every touhou game though.

EDITEDIT: okay this is generalizing it too much, add in almost every other final fantasy game + vvvvvv + F-Zero BUT REALLY THE LIST COULD GO ON AND ON ARGH

Day 8: Best soundtrack

There are a bunch of video game OSTs that I absolutely love and I honestly cannot name them all because there's just so many. A lot of Metroid games (Prime, Prime 2, Fusion, Super Metroid, just to name a few), Pokemon Black/White and Black 2/White 2, Gold/Silver/Crystal, Super Mario Galaxy and Galaxy 2, Earthbound, Mega Man X and X2, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, F-Zero GX, Cave Story, Rayman and Rayman 2, VVVVVV... so many more too. But I may honestly have to give the edge to the original Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. I know these games have been like my fall-back answer these first 8 days but man the music in this game is so, so good. It's truthfully the only OST I've ever put on YouTube and listened to in full (ok, that's a lie, I did that for Justice For All, too).

Some of my favorites from PW:AA:

There are a couple tunes from Justice For All and Trials and Tribulations that rank right up there with those tracks, though:

Having just recently played through the first three Phoenix Wright games, I've enjoyed just about every musical piece there. The theme's of each character are very fitting.

Best soundtrack goes to the Donkey Kong Country trilogy, but since I can only pick one, Diddy's Kong Quest.

Eren Jäger said:
oh shit i forgot this game also has one of the most underrated soundtracks ever

For an indie game the music is incredible

there are just too many good megamangs to pick from

Eren Jäger said:
Best couple, idk what instantly came to mind was
okabe and kurisu
in steins gate so I guess that (I don't really count non canon couples or non romantical couples here)

I disagree because Okabe is disgusting and Kurisu is perfect and too good for him, plus in the game he can end up with any of the girls so they're all technically canon

My favorite song is the one that plays when Bowser fights Dark Bowser in Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. As for a game as a whole, I really like Paper Jam's music, but it is kind of hard to compare final boss music with the other one, as they represent different final boss types. As of right now, Super Mario Galaxies games are the best for the main series.

is day 9

For saddest game scene, I'm not really sure. The end scene in Mario Galaxy 1 can be sad if you cry easily, but I don't really know of any truly sad scenes.

Re: 30 Day Video Game Challenge - DAY 9: Saddest game scene

Day 9: Saddest game scene

This answer won't make much sense for people who haven't played through it, but the ending of Telltale Games' The Walking Dead: Season One is the saddest scene I have ever watched in any video game. To this day, it's the only game that has ever made me cry (although admittedly Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations came really, really close). One of the greatest games I've ever played.

Well, childhood me is tempted to say that the ending/epilogue to the main story Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Sky/Darkness is the saddest thing to exist but yeah I think for me it would be two moments in the sequel to 999, Virtue's Last Reward

Tenmyouji's ending
Luna's ending

both made me tear up the first time i played them

Admittedly I don't play many super deep story rich games but

Emmeryn's sacrifice was really well done. She kills herself so Chrom doesn't have to make a decision between country and family. The following chapter is great because it's a battle in the rain with this song playing. All while the enemy soldiers lose their will to fight after witnessing what happened. The enemy commander is only fighting because King Gangrel would kill his family to set an example. Upon defeat he asks you to spare his men.

As far as I'm concerned, that postgame paralogue never happens. It cheapens the whole thing.

Mienshao said:
As far as I'm concerned, that postgame paralogue never happens. It cheapens the whole thing.
Man they really wanted her to be playable huh

'memory loss'
i was so mad
still am

Back