Are there any characters you don't feel sorry for?

GmanSir

2 Dimensional
I'll start: Daisy.

I don't think she has what it takes to be an important Mario character. There is little reason for her to exist other than being Peach's partner. Toad/Rosalina can easily serve that role now. So many interesting and unique characters that could have been in spin-offs all these years, but Daisy always has to show her fat cheeks instead.

Any RPG character that can't make it outside their parent series.

Also, my usual suspects, Wario, Donkey Kong, Yoshi. And maybe Waluigi to boot. He's too fab.

Wario and Waluigi blowing themselves up in Mario Power Tennis/Mario Golf/Mario Baseball are hilarious as hell. Also, Wario and Waluigi's trophy celebrations are hilarious despite ending badly for both of them.

GmanSir said:
I'll start: Daisy.

I don't think she has what it takes to be an important Mario character. There is little reason for her to exist other than being Peach's partner. Toad/Rosalina can easily serve that role now. So many interesting and unique characters that could have been in spin-offs all these years, but Daisy always has to show her fat cheeks instead.

I don't get this argument considering you can say the exact same thing about pretty much a handful of characters in the series.

Waluigi for instance is not considered a Main character in that one Page with Nintendo's Illustrations , while Daisy is , meaning she has some sort of importance to them.

Daisy is also important in most multiplayer games to add diversity , because playing as the usual Mario , Peach and Yoshi combo can get boring as we all know.

I dont recall any ''interesting'' character that has been dominant in scene because most of them are forgotten characters that never broke through.

Examples include Pauline , Boshi , any Wario character that is not Ashley. etc.

It's also extremely cringy to Pair up Rosalina with Peach. Let me guess the reasoning , is it because she appears more now?

Peach has literally NO RELATION with Rosalina and barely interacted with her in the only game where the 2 tied together. Meanwhile Daisy is not only Peach response to Mario's Luigi , but also has interacted a lot with Peach and has an actual relationship with her.

By the way , Waluigi was the one that was added solely to create a partner for Wario , not Daisy.

Even Toadette falls on this , created in Double Dash to give Toad a Partner.

Daisy is not even Peach default Partner in Tennis 64 , her Partner is Toad and Daisy is paired with Birdo.

I dont feel sorry for Waluigi , he is a meme character that literally fails to impress me in any kind of way. I dont dislike him , but it certainly doesnt bother me that he is not in the game , as i can easily play MK7 and hear Rosalina's gorgeous Tataaaa instead of ''wah wah wah''

Swiftie_Luma said:
Waluigi for instance is not considered a Main character in that one Page with Nintendo's Illustrations , while Daisy is , meaning she has some sort of importance to them.
Actually, there's a way more likely reason why Waluigi isn't there: here's the description on the top of those two pages, translated by 2257:

[quote author=Encyclopedia Super Mario Bros.]
The Principal Characters who Lend Color to the 30-year History

Starting with the regular members such as Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser, and including the supporting characters and enemies who joined in along the way, great numbers of diverse characters participate in the Super Mario Brothers series. In this book, those characters appear fully, or in other words, we introduce the main characters that one cannot miss in the series's 17 entries.
[/quote]
In those 17 entries, Super Mario Land and Super Mario Land 2 were included, hence Daisy and Wario, but the spin-offs were not, so no Waluigi.

Daisy isn't important because Nintendo essentially refuses to do anything with her.

Toadette started out this way but guess what? She played a distinguishable role in DDR: Mario Mix, Thousand-Year Door, Paper Jam, starring role in Captain Toad, and now will appear as a referee in Super Mario Run. I really love what they're doing to Toadette, using her outside of being part of a playable roster, she's essentially become like, hey characters created for spin-offs can be used too, and they should really do the same with Waluigi and-

How the hell long have we been saying this now? Decades???

Swiftie_Luma said:
Daisy is not even Peach default Partner in Tennis 64 , her Partner is Toad and Daisy is paired with Birdo.

This logic is a bit ridiculous when you realize Baby Mario's default partner is goddamn freaking Donkey Kong.

Maybe Nintendo doesn't do anything with Daisy because she isn't anything special.

And since Nintendo doesn't do anything with her, the logic comes full circle. She can't be special because she won't be special.

Toadette isn't really a special character either aside from being a Toad who can procreate and look at what Nintendo could do with her: make her an explorer, make her like musical instruments, make her a mad genius with papercraft, etc. They can create something from nothing, it's just that they're either too lazy or don't want to do it.

I never feel sorry for Bowser. Any bad thing that happens to him is just karma.

Wow, a thread which's topic opposes mine.

Well if there is one character I wouldn't feel sorry for, it's Luigi.

I'm not saying he's bad and all, I'm hust saying now that after all that time being in Mario's shadow, Luigi finally gets the recognition he deserved and now everyone loves him. So now, Luigi is pretty much becoming less and less underrated.
And that's a good thing.

In Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, it's hard not to feel sympathy for Luigi.

Professor Kukui said:

He's a terrible person so he deserves to have terrible things happen to him.

LeftyGreenMario said:
I haven't actually played that game yet. What happens aside him being scared?

Koops the koopa troopa said:
LeftyGreenMario said:
I haven't actually played that game yet. What happens aside him being scared?
Cutesy interactions with a ghost pup which ends up being Luigi's pet.

Mcmadness said:
He's a terrible person so he deserves to have terrible things happen to him.
Won't argue about the other games (well, maybe some RPGs and spin-offs...), but in Color Splash his crime was literally wishing this:
PMCS_Bowser_rainbow_shell.png

Ok, you might say that this is terrible taste further demonstrating his terrible personality, but maybe he didn't deserve a terrible end this time...

Rosalina. The one and only possible good thing she might have had going for her basically has been crapped on by Nintendo making her the new '2nd Peach', basically taking a role most people either couldn't care less about to begin with or absolutely hate (as seen with Daisy).

And Toad. NSMBW basically ruined him, and it's pretty obvious why.

I don't feel sorry for Rosalina. I'm only saying this cause one person said that they felt sorry for Rosalina in the other Thread, but really, Rosalina has got it so good that other characters would literally kill if they could to have.

Mister Wu said:
Won't argue about the other games (well, maybe some RPGs and spin-offs...), but in Color Splash his crime was literally wishing this:
Ok, you might say that this is terrible taste further demonstrating his terrible personality, but maybe he didn't deserve a terrible end this time...

Karma for past deeds.

Salazzle said:
I don't feel sorry for Rosalina. I'm only saying this cause one person said that they felt sorry for Rosalina in the other Thread, but really, Rosalina has got it so good that other characters would literally kill if they could to have.
I think it's still a reason to feel bad for her. I still think her emotions for feeling sad and alone are valid. Sure, she got it good, but most characters also have their mother around... I think.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Salazzle said:
I think it's still a reason to feel bad for her. I still think her emotions for feeling sad and alone are valid. Sure, she got it good, but most characters also have their mother around... I think.
Rosalina's got it good in the game appearances department, but not so much in the emotional department.

Her fanbase is also nothing short of small.

Anecodte: how many people in this forum have Rosalina somewhere? Zae, Swiftie_Luma, Anser afaik.

Back