Paper Mario Color Splash Recut- Act 2 (SPOILERS FOR CHAPTERS 5-6 OF REAL GAME)

+The back room is really tall, with no black paint in sight. At the top of the room is a platform with a “cloth”/hankerchief draped over something...

+GAMEPLAY- Mario needs Cut-Out, Louis (for reasonable-yet-long jumps), Edwin (to swing across polls), Kidd (to run across a dangerous bridge with timed buzz-saws), and O’Chunks (to bash loose rocks at targets and destroy some rocks forming Cut-Out paths).
+Midway up the room, there’s a long stretch of spikes down an alternate path to a room marked “P---8-- Test”. Mario currently has no way of crossing it...

+Eventually, Mario and co. arrive at the top platform...
LOUIS: If real Kitanu’s on the naso with his hunch, whatever’s under here should help Toadsworth boost his confidence! Give it a pull, Mario!
Mario pulls the hankerchief off whatever it’s hiding. That “whatever” turns out to be..a gold go-kart, with a neat-looking helmet and brushes on the ends!
KIDD: *weuwwwwwww* Sweet ride, old man.
TOADSWORTH: It’s...it’s magnificent. The gold plating! The refurbished helmet!
The brushes angle upwards. They shoot paint of all colors.
TOADSWORTH: And that could come in handy, too! I say, they could give me the edge I need to defend the Princess!
LOUIS: Let’s see the license plate on the kart... “P8R8D3”. Huh- my papà would get a kick out of that.
Toadsworth places the helmet on his head. He then jumps into the car.
Toadsworth then turns around.
NEWCOMER! Mecha-Toadsworth
MARIRANA: Yer lookin’ pretty cool in that car, Toadsworth darlin’! But aren’t you forgettin’ a l’il somethin’?
Everyone looks down to see Toadsworth’s cane.
TOADSWORTH [ i.imgur.com/NE9O7Xw.png ]: Oh! Goodness gracious- I forgot to pack that on my Toad before jumping in! This is embarrassing- might one of you pick that up for-?
Suddenly, the cane floats up. It then attaches to Toadsworth’s helmet.
TOADSWORTH: Never mind, then. Who wants to take a test drive?
TOADSWORTH JOINED THE PARTY! Press the Y Button so Mario can jump into Toadsworth’s helmet! While riding Toadsworth, both man and Toad alike are safe from ground obstacles, such as spikes or black paint! In battle, Toadsworth can use Paint Barrage to fire a barrage of that colorful stuff upon enemies! While fighting alongside Mario, Toadsworth’s new car comes equipped with an ability to Reload Paint, replenishing a little [20 points of each kind] paint at the beginning of Mario’s turn!
TOADSWORTH: Quite excellent, Master Mario! I feel like a young fungi already! Oh, to drive on the road again! Now, I can help you locate the Princess and...hold on a tick.
Toadsworth turns.
TOADSWORTH: I was the one who told you about the Princess. So you didn’t know we were here...
EDWIN: Huey?
HUEY: It all started when we entered this workshop...
The screen fades out.

The screen fades back in.
HUEY: ...and lastly, Shadhema flew off to the Koopalings’ base with Aace and the Musketeers! But we think there might be something in this workshop that can counter her power!
TOADSWORTH: Has it truly become this terrible while I was napping on the job? ...well, we have this old kart on us now! If the King of the island truly built it, maybe there’s something else in this workshop.

PARTNER ATTACKS
TOADSWORTH- Paint Barrage

Target: All enemies
Damage: 11, enemies drop 1.5x the amount of Paint after battle

+GAMEPLAY: With Toadsworth, Mario can now ride down the spiky floor without injury. This leads to a new room with a spiked path. However, halfway across, there’s vertical-moving floors under spiked ceilings, more buzzsaws, and dripping water. Therefore, Mario must not let his guard down!
+For breather room, there’s solid platforms 1/3 and 2/3 of the way in the spiked floor. These essentially serve as checkpoints.

+Upon reaching the end of the path, Mario and co. find a large circular platform with a starry pattern.
TOADSWORTH: Is...is this it?
Mario thinks.
EDWIN: There must be something hidden here! Otherwise, why would the King build this final room?
TOADSWORTH: Perhaps we need to slow down and think.
Toadsworth backs up into a switch.
Suddenly, the middle of the platform glows blue.
HUEY: Oh- I know this! It’s one of the King’s 3D messages! The conversation is written so accurately, you’d swear it was happening right now! According to this log data, this was recorded...almost a year ago.
The middle of the platform shoots out 3 holograms- Aace, Starmageddon, and most shocking of all...
KIDD: ...Leblaanc?! What the heck’s he doing here?!
LEBLAANC: (blue text bubble) No- it’s not possible! YOUR MAJESTY!?
AACE: (blue text bubble) I was jus’ as surprised when he pulled me under centuries ago, son. But it really is him in tha’ mechsuit- it’s all tha’s left.
STARMAGEDDON: (blue text bubble) You’ve finally arrived Aace, on the eve of regaining my true body from those accursed Merc- ... why did you bring the Vellbex here?! This was supposed to remain between the two of us and your most loyal Musketeers!
AACE: Your Majesty, Starmageddon...this man’s son sniffed upon all of Sporepocalypse’s flowers at once.
STARMAGEDDON: WHAT?! But how? I thought you planted the seed I gave you in a very secure location, Musketeer- I know I planted mine in such a place!
AACE: Well, I looked in your logs. Seems you didn’ tell me the plants would grow all o’er the islan’, or tha’ somethin’ similar was goin’ on where you’ve been livin’. And after only a few months!
STARMAGEDDON: It was a necessary evil- anything to slow down BZZT when it breaks out of that “seal”.
AACE: Is tha’ true of both worlds? Or is it revenge over on your side, for losin’ your body?
Starmageddon looks away.
STARMAGEDDON: Well played, loyal Musketeer. Here...
Starmageddon retrieves a potion from his pocket. He gives it to Leblaanc.
LEBLAANC: Th-this potion! Please tell me it’ll save my boy! My wife’s been driven crazy, and we’ve run out of-!
STARMAGEDDON: DO NOT SPEAK TO ME OF WIVES-! I mean, not yet. In order for this potion to work, there is one missing ingredient- the hair of a Princess. Of course, I no longer have a princess on me- I dropped the one I had off with some Shy Guys for my plan. But Prism Island does...
AACE: ...You’re forcing the Rescue Squad captain to help us find Shadhema? But that’s a cruel joke, and I won’t stand for cruel jokes! I’m losin’ hairs THINKIN’ about what you did to that Jabbi -!
STARMAGEDDON: Then allow me to put this another way- if you don’t find and revive Shadhema before I return to Prism Island with my body and have Hubert take care of *BZZT*, I blight out the world. Consider it incentive to HURRY UP.
Aace and Leblaanc look at each other.
AACE: ...I suppose you could jus’- not stop us from lookin’ around, unless you need to take some action to make it look close. And if you learn anythin’ mighty useful, yeh tell me. In exchange, to make this this mess don’t happen to anyone else, I’ll have my boys do a little gardenin’, an’ remove excess plants from public areas.
LEBLAANC: Alright...I’ll help you. My son really needs this!
Leblaanc is about to leave. However, he realizes something.
LEBLAANC: But my ancestors know the truth about Shadhema-it’s part of the reason they formed the Rescue Squad in the first place. How’ll you make sure she doesn’t back out of the deal at the last minute?
STARMAGEDDON: That- I already took care of. Even as much as I love my daughter, I know she’s taken some bad habits from my partner... as well as me. So, whenever she acted dirty, I had something to tire her out and clean up her act. I placed it in the P8R8D3 Test room’s end. Use it as a last resort in case Aace proves incorrect in his optimism.
Starmageddon begins to walk away. However, he doubles back.
STARMAGEDDON: Oh, and I have this letter. Deliver it on the appointed date. I hope Sporepocalypse is wrong about what the future holds for me, but this should take care of “travel arrangements” if he’s right.
Starmageddon gives Aace a letter.
AACE: I’ll make sure this Luigi feller gets the letter.
A portal opens up in the hologram.
STARMAGEDDON: I must be going now- I’ll be late to invade the lion’s den. If it weren’t for those kind-hearted people, this perfected mechsuit wouldn’t be possible. Ahahahahaha!
AACE: *sigh* Why must the good become wicked?
STARMAGEDDON: What was that?
AACE: I mean, good luck getting your body back, Your Majesty.
STARMAGEDDON: I have faith you’ll find my daughter, Aace. You were always her favorite.
E7zeIvK.jpg

Starmageddon’s mech-armor comes off...revealing a Toad body with weird arms! The holo-log cuts out before the helmet comes off completely.
KIDD: Leblaanc knew the solution the whole time?! And he was chewing my tail for-!?
O’CHUNKS: Kidd, lassie- yeh husband had ‘is hoofs tied behind ‘is back. If he stopp’d Aace, there’d be no way yeh’d wake up yeh son. An’ he didnae wan’ tha’ Shadhema off ‘er leash. ‘e might’a hard on yeh ‘ause ‘e was madder at ‘imself. In fac’, wasn’ the Cap’n sayin’ somethin’ before he left for the Circus?
Kidd realizes this.
KIDD: He still should’ve told me sooner.
O’CHUNK: (thinking) Tha’, I cannae disagree with completely.
HUEY: We’ll worry about Leblaanc later! There’s got to be a switch around here...

+GAMEPLAY: In a similar vein to the very beginning of the game, Mario must find three switches, posing as part of the scenery. This time, the solutions are...
Green- “A test of pull-ups” (a pole in front of a green test tube)
Orange- “Dread upon the treads” (a switch posing as a spike pit)
Purple- “The music within her hair” (a picture of Shadhema, with a sneakily camouflaged Sound symbol)

+Upon solving the puzzle, a certain object drops from the ceiling. This object is, defying all plausibility, beyond good and evil, beyond the fabric of time and space itself- a Luma Sponge.
EDWIN: ...that’s a letdown. I was expecting something more durable. A mirror, or a tennis racquet, or even a bucket like Huey!
HUEY: Heuggh- I should’ve expected the King was weird. Especially after the dancing pig. Oh well- like O’Chunks said, we’ll take what we can get.
MARIO GOT THE LUMA SPONGE ARTIFACT!
HUEY: There! Now, we have everything we need to fight Shadhema! A new kart, a sponge, and even a place to party when we’re done!
NYA: Hmm...

ARTIFACTS
Luma Sponge

Slots: 4
Effect: Protects Mario from negative status effects and the reversal effect.

PORT PRISMA
STORY

When the gang arrives in Prisma Fountain...
EMERALD: Ah- you’ve finally returned. Oh- is that one of the King’s inventions? I recognize his craftsmanship anywhere.
TOADSWORTH: This kart is indeed marvelous! I must use this at the next Grand Prix, so I can finally race alongside the Princess!
NYA: ...
EMERALD: Nya...I feel you have questions for me.
NYA: Emerald Grand Paint Star, we must know- what is the nature of the black paint? And why was Shroomsday affected so much by it?
EMERALD: What you ask goes a long way back- nearly to the beginning of Prism Island’s history. My account of those unfortunate events should make everything clear. The truth is...
Emerald starts writing into our heroes’ minds...

+Our heroes see a ton of island inhabitants playing with the paint.
Shadhema arrives in town square. Following her are... Shroomsday and Sporepocalypse!
The citizens all back off a little.
Shroomsday blocks Shadhema from the fountain.
Sporepocalypse does the same...only placing his vine in front of Shroomsday’s.
Annoyed, Shroomsday moves another vine in front of Sporepocalypse’s.
Sporepocalypse returns the favor, equally ticked.
The two keep trying to trump each other, until Sporepocalypse upsides Shroomsday. This breaks off a thorn atop Shroomsday’s head.
Shadhema starts laughing. She then pets Shroomsday, followed by Sporepocalypse. This makes both of them feel happier.
As the two kind-of-monsters bask in the glow of acceptance, Shadhema opens her hands.
Sure enough, all the paint in the fountain is mixed together. This ends up creating black paint. Everyone starts backing off, except Shadhema.
Shroomsday and Sporepocalypse look scared. They try warning Shadhema away, but she doesn’t pay attention.
Shroomsday’s broken spike flies into the ball of black paint. Two eyes appear on the black paint, before changing shape.
Eventually, Shroomsday and Sporepocalypse grab Shadhema’s attention. However, Shadhema grows infuriated.
Suddenly, a long black paint arm grabs Shadhema.
The arm turns out to belong to a long, black cloak. The cloak flies off into the sky, eventually twinkling like a star.
ttYuDoK.jpg

Shroomsday and Sporepocalypse look back and forth, worried. They then run out of town in a hurry.

+After the flashback ends...
NYA: There was- another creature back then! Just as that annoying Goomba and Roy alluded to!
EDWIN: Those guys have been around for a long time, haven’t they, Huey? ...Huey?
HUEY: Shadhema...She mixed all six of the fountains paint colors, turning it black! But she only meant to have fun!
EMERALD: Sometimes, the most dangerous actions result from the most innocent intentions. And children are among the most innocent.
OnKKg3A.jpg

KIDD: So- that black paint monster. They brought it down, right?
EMERALD: Yes...but it wasn’t easy. Even when Shroomsday and Sporepocalypse beckoned for the King, Queen, and even all three pet dragons, the living black paint- Splotchleek- proved incredibly formidable. Eventually, Sporepocalypse felt he had no choice but to convert most of his energy into one burst of time, freezing Splotchleek. Working fast, the King immediately rescued Shadhema and constructed a prison to contain Splotchleek into, sealing the menace away. However, Sporepocalypse would need time to regain his power again.
HUEY: Uh, so everything worked out in the end!
EMERALD: ...no. Though the public didn’t realize it, Sporepocalypse’s desperate move broke the walls between dimensions, alerting other players to Shadhema’s power. In order to keep his island and daughter safe, the King rallied troops of robots, as well as his loyal Vellbex soldiers, to repel the intergalactic invaders away. Eventually, the Queen seemed to join the King by his side. A great battle was fought in outer space, as day turned to night. Eventually, the battle was won, but at a great cost.
Kidd becomes annoyed.
KIDD: Let me guess- most of the Vellbex didn’t make it.
EMERALD: Of course- as a Vellbex, you would know this. It’s a tragedy when a race is diminished to nearly nothing. The weakened Sporepocalypse also met his end, leaving behind only two seeds which the king collected. And most tragic of all...the Queen betrayed the King at his weakest, casting him into another dimension. To this day, the conflict became known for the title the Princess held, and the time when it was fought............the Eclipse War.
LOUIS: Whoa, verde. You mean we could have avoided this whole game AND the last one if we just installed a “Don’t Mix the Paint” sign?! But then I’d never get to know Gonz- Mario!
EMERALD: It’s not quite that simple. Yes, mixing the paints together will create black paint, but though difficult and dangerous in its own right, it can be dealt with if addressed immediately. ...HOWEVER! All the Paint Stars believe what gave the black paint “identity” as Splotchleek was the royal energy in Shroomsday’s spike. Without a connection- even a lingering one- to both Shroomsday and a royal of great power, it’s impossible to create another Splotchleek...
nFZ32de.jpg

HUEY: Then our quest isn’t over yet. We need to stop the Musketeers. Pull the plug on the Koopalings. And we still have to do something about Splotchleek, too!
TOADSWORTH: Then what are we waiting for, Master Huey? Let us put an end to the Musketeers and this Shadhema!
HUEY: Oh, uh...this is awkward. I was just assuming the Grand Paint Stars would show us the way somehow...
CRIMSON: Oh ye of little faith! Mario, Huey, as promised, we will show you the way. Behold! The power of paint!
The Grand Paint Stars pool all of their paint into Prisma Fountain.
Suddenly, a colorful road shoots out of the fountain, into the sky.

+On the map, clouds move out of the way, revealing the Koopaling’s castle! ...covered in graffiti!

+Back in Port Prisma...
TOADSWORTH: EGAD! Did you see that, Master Mario?
MARIRANA: I did, sugar! It’s like some kinda...rainbow...but, also a road.
KIDD: A road made OUT OF RAINBOWS? Hehehehe! That’s ludicrous!
HUEY: Well, there’s nothing to do but give it a try, I suppose. If this is what the Paint Stars gave us, it must be right. Let’s go!

+Parts 5 of Merluvlee’s story is unlocked.

PART 5
“I returned to a section of the Mushroom World, bringing Shroomsday’s crowns- I couldn’t risk Shadhema remembering. When I landed, I shed power in the form of Stickers. A settlement grew around where I landed- a settlement that came to be known as Decalburg. As the settlement was built, a festival was held honoring my power. Whenever I spoke, it was in Ancient tongue. However, the locals mistook it for a new language altogether, a language that came to be known as Stickerish.”
“Before I left, I found someone who had suffered a horrible injury to their body. I looked around, but no-one seemed to be familiar with this individual. So using my magic, I changed them too into a fairy.”
“I had hoped this fairy could serve as a companion to Shadhema. Thankfully, my faith payed off. Every year, I travelled to those lands. Every year, whenever a loner became injured, I changed them into a fairy. And so, many things came to be. I was called the Sticker Comet. The festival- Sticker Fest. My subjects- Sticker Fairies. And my new home among my Sticker Fairy subjects...Sticker Star.”
3 MEGA HOPSLIPPERS, 3 MEGA EEKHAMMERS, 1 1-UP SUPER

MERLUVLEE: You now know my whole story. Please, you must make Shadhema see sense!

+If Mario listened to all 5 stories...
MERLUVLEE: ...a few decades ago, I returned to this island for Sticker Fest. While here, I came across a Toad girl who had been experiencing nightmares. She wished they would be taken away. While I was unable to grant this wish, she did place this under me before I left. I believe you can find a use for it...
MARIO GOT A PANIC SHARD! 3/4

SUNGLOW RIDGE III (OPTIONAL RECUT VISIT)
STORY

+When Mario and co. return to the sleeping Toadette...
YELLOW TOADETTE: ...no, no, NO! Keep your bubbles away from our hard-working lumberjacks, Wart! No, not the veggie machine!
Suddenly, a Panic Shard appears out of thin air.
MARIO GOT A PANIC SHARD! 4/4

DARK BLOO INN V (OPTIONAL RECUT VISIT)
GAMEPLAY

+Return to the new room with the pod. By giving the Panic Shards as a sample...
POD: SAMPLE ACCEPTED. EXTRA OPPONENTS UNLOCKED. PLEASE CHOOSE WHO YOU WISH TO RE-ENGAGE IN COMBAT WITH.

EX BOSS TIME! WART- i.imgur.com/YBN6aqH.png
LOCATION- Subcon 7-2
AwQJRwf.jpg

BGM- Classic Final Battle Medley [SMB2 Subcon, SMB3 Final Bowser, SML Tatanga]
HP: 650
ATK: 56 (bubble blast- secondary effect depends on color), Color steal (steals colors to tinge bubbles with- blocking stops color theft), Summon bubbles (summons 5 bubbles), 16X (bubble barrage- X equals summoned bubbles left. Power multiplies by 1.5 if a summoned enemy is in the bubble), 70 (body slam)
DEF: 0
MARK: Wart (steals enemies to further power up bubbles)
QUOTE 1: I am the great Wart! Wah, haha!
QUOTE 2: Ribbit, ribbit! Croaaaaak...croaaaaak...
QUOTE 3: I HATE vegetables!
QUOTE 4: Get ready for a colorful bubble bath!
QUOTE 5: Bubbles away!
QUOTE 6 (if Edwin is out): Oh! A gumball!
QUOTE 7 (if Louis is out): Aw, great- the Tweezers are dressing like Mario!
QUOTE 8 (if Nya is out): HEY! You’re supposed to be on MY side!
QUOTE 9 (near defeat): NO NOOOOOOOAAAH!
BUBBLE ATTACK COLOR EFFECTS
Red- Burn
Yellow- Shock
Blue- Wet
Purple- Poison
Orange- Tiny
Green- Dizzy

+For defeating Wart, Mario gains a new Artifact- the Nightmare Turnip.

ARTIFACTS
Nightmare Turnip
(dark reskin of Dreamy Tulip)
Slots: 3
Effect: Mario heals 20 HP every turn, in exchange for losing 80 of each Paint type. If Mario doesn't have enough of any one color of Paint, however, he takes 40 HP worth of damage each turn.

PORT PRISMA CHAPTER 7 PROLOGUE
STORY

+Mario and co. return to the rainbow road...
Mario attempts to climb it. However, he slips back into the fountain.
TOADSWORTH: Master Mario, perhaps I could prove of use.
Mario nods. He jumps onto Toadsworth.
Toadsworth tries revving up the road. However...
TOADSWORTH: Ah. This vehicle's engine is too weak. Tft. What a pity.
Toadsworth falls backwards.
KIDD: So much for the King's kart! This calls for a Vellbex Rescue Squadee's touch!
Kidd tries running up the rainbow road. Unfortunately, she slips.
KIDD: Nuts! My hoofs are too flat to get any traction on this rainbow!
HUEY: Aw, come on! Our magical road is too slippery to walk on? After everything we've done? Gah!
EDWIN: There's always a way, Huey! We just need to find it!
Suddenly, car sounds are heard.
MARIRANA: If ah didn' know you, sugar, I'd swear you were bein' cheeky.
Suddenly, Luigi drives into the plaza on a green Go Kart! Daisy and Nabana are in the back!
NEWCOMER! Luigi
LUIGI: Mario! It's-a me!
DAISY: And me! Daisy!
NABANA: And don't forget me- the strong ape! Haw. Haw. HAW!
LUIGI: I don't know how it happened, but some green paint fell into the cavern and repainted the treasure we looked for- this ancient go-kart!
opvSaeY.jpg

DAISY: I bet whoever built this sweet ride knew none of you would be fast enough to run up! They wrote us letters and tested us to see if we could find it!
NABANA: And they had a little help from their new friend, mon! They called me Nabana, but- you know, I like that name! So you can call me Nabana, too!
LUIGI: We'll a-talk on the way! For a-now, let's-a race down Rainbow Road and save Peach!
+Upon climbing in the kart...
LUIGI: Okeydokey! Here we GO!
DAISY: Al-RIGGGHT!
NABANA: (monkey sounds)
All of Mario's partners climb into his pocket.

3...2....1...GO!

+After the Kart leaves, Ellshe and Kitanu enter the scene.
ELLSHE: Aw, naw! We were too late, homey!
KITANU: Patience, my oddly-familiar-friend. I sense another is with them. And even from the little time I spent with that group, they'll reunite our missing friends together- whoever they are.
ELLSHE: You are such a smarty, tailed Goomba guy! I'll tell our new-old crew all about you! Wait- why should I stop there? HEY EVERYONE! THIS GUY HERE? HE'S AWWWWWWRIGHT!
Ellshe turns around.
ELLSHE: But the girl I'm most worried about up in here- it's K-girl.

TO BE CONTINUED IN ACT 3...
http://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=37794.0

Back