Paper Mario Color Splash Recut- Act 2 (SPOILERS FOR CHAPTERS 5-6 OF REAL GAME)

EMERALD CIRCUS
STORY

+Mario and co. arrive at the entrance to the Emerald Circus...
HUEY: Ooh! A giant tent in the middle of the forest! This must be the Emerald Circus, right?
EDWIN: And the hideout of the Musketeers. It’s been so long since I’ve trained here...

+Due to the change from Koopaling to Musketeer, several lines of dialogue are changed around...
BOOSKETEER: Only 50 lucky Musketeers could purchase tickets for this show, and they’ve all sold!
BOOSKETEER: I heard Lord Khairacles is preparing a special surprise for this performance. I wonder what it is.
QUINCADA: Thiz izzzz the performerz’ entrance. You don’t zzzzzzeem like one of ours. Our eyezzz never lie.
MONKHAIRA: These lizards aren’t trained, so we can’t feature them in our act yet. They keep trying to eat people’s stuff. Like our super-old bananas!

+In the battle, Mario and co. find and massage Verda of Blue Rescue Squad.
VERDA: Aw, you’re sweet for rescuing me, Mario. I went to pet a Yoshi the Musketeers captured, but it strangely chewed me up and spit me out.
Verda salutes.
VERDA: Verda, leader of Blue Rescue Squad, at your service. I wish I could stay and talk, but I need to report to the Squad Captain, right away!
Verda leaves.

PORT PRISMA CHAPTER 6- IV
STORY

+Upon entering the HQ after finding all 23 other active members...
LEBLAANC: Attention, Rescue Squad! The time has come to take our island back- not just from the Musketeers, but the Koopalings, too! Thanks to Captain Verda’s bravery, we now know where the Musketeers have been hiding! Head for Emerald Circus in the forest, immediately!
All the Rescue Squad members, Gulliv T, and Kidd salute.
RESCUE SQUAD: Understood! Over and out!
All the Rescue Squad members head out. This time, Leblaanc jumps down, too.
KIDD: Wait- are you going with them, too?
LEBLAANC: I have to, Kiddwella. I watched you lose yourself to sadness when Billy fell into his long sleep. I eventually lost my patience with you. But the truth is...you should’ve been angrier with ME.
KIDD: ...well, that’s all in the past, Leblaanc. And if you didn’t take us to the woods that day, me or my dad would’ve. I’m done playing the blame game.
LEBLAANC: It’s good to see you back to your lively self. ...But that’s not what I mean. Y-you see...
Kidd gives Leblaanc a kiss on the mouth.
Leblaanc becomes very red, but still looks reserved. However...
LEBLAANC: (excited) ..........AWWWWWW YEAH, BABY! You’re still DYNAMITE, KIDD! I MISS the way you used to make me feel! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! HOO HOO! MUSKETEERS, here I COME!
Leblaanc dashes off really fast.

+As promised, Merluvlee has more to speak of her tale...
PART 3
“After a long voyage, I arrived in Pastelora. It was horrific what Shroomsday had done- shadowy Monty Moles below, monsters on the surface, a sickness all around. And in the middle of it all, the Monty Mole king, alongside a Bomb Boo and a Swampire, fighting Shroomsday. Wasting no time, I flew into the fray.”
“The four of us battled and subdued Shroomsday for weeks. Eventually, I noticed something unusual- Shroomsday was wearing five extra crowns he hadn’t been when he left. So, to weaken the beast, I took them, as well as his Golden Crown, away from him.”
“However, their power was immense, especially the gold. It was then, I realized I had to focus all my mystic energies into containing them. I went through with it, changing shape into a spatial comet. Though it weakened the beast, however, the Monty Mole king was still forced to drag that monster into Pastelora’s depths...”
2 GOLD SYRUPS, 1 BLUE SYRUP, 1 RED SYRUP

MERLUVLEE: And that is all for now. Once you help the Rescue Squad with their greatest mission, I will tell you more of the story.

FORTUNE ISLAND (cutscene)
+Aace, Pitholl and Cucleer are in the room where the Violet Grand Paint Star was. Aace is overseeing the Blue Paratroopas bringing the coffin towards him.
AACE: A little to the right, sons.
BLUE PARATROOPA: Here?
AACE: A little more. More. More. And...AT PEACE!
The Blue Paratroopas lower the coffin.
AACE: Finally! After all these years, I get to owe up to my huge mistake.
Aace looks antsy.
AACE: ...do I dare open this coffin and risk lookin’ into mighty huge eyes of anger?
PITHOLL: Yes.
CUCLEER: You should.
PITHOLL: Do it. Swag.
AACE: ...very well. Besides, when we revive her, maybe she’ll have cooled down.
Aace opens the coffin. ...and nothing happens.
AACE: Ehhhhhoh. She must be in worse shape than I ‘magined. But it can’t be all bad EUGHGHHH!
Aace backs away from the coffin, horrified.
AACE: Oh. Oh dear. The Grand Paint Stars definitely won’t be enough to fix her Majesty! Carry her off.
The Paratroopas carry the coffin away.
Aace calms down.
AACE: ...at least I know fo’ sure my suspicions were correct. I need to find-!
Shroomsday enters through a spatial hole, with O’Chunks holding onto him.
AACE: Shroomsday, son! You have a l’il somethin’ on your arm.
O’Chunks is holding onto Shroomsday’s arm.
O’CHUNKS: I’m on fire today, laddies- lot’o’people are listenin’ teh me advice! But ah can still take ye all on if ah want teh!
AACE: Keepin’ him occupied?
SHROOMSDAY: We were forced to create an emergency escape. The Koopalings we missed unloaded a powerful weapon from up above.
AACE: I’m sure it couldn’t have been tha’ powerful, son-
SHROOMSDAY: Merely touching this weapon inflicted upon us GREAT AGONY.
Aace expresses shock.
AACE: No- they wouldn’t have! How’d they learn about-?!
SHROOMSDAY: One of them researched the island’s paint, and learned about mixing all six colors together. Thankfully, we convinced the young Koopa prince to confiscate all the black paint, before any real damage.
AACE: ...well, it could’ve been worse, I s’pose. As long as we deal wit’ this, we’re “golden”. We jus’ need one other missing ingredient. Then, we need to return to Port Prisma an’ get to that fount-
SHROOMSDAY: What missing ingredient?
Aace whispers into Shroomsday’s horn. Shroomsday looks flabbergasted.
SHROOMSDAY: Are you SURE you heard them correctly?! We did not even factor that into-!
AACE: I’m as sur’prised as you, son. But it jus’ makes too much sense. And with that Mario feller aroun’, we might not even get that chance.
Shroomsday thinks.
SHROOMSDAY: Leave the plumber to us, as well as any other “circumstances”...
y6eSl0q.jpg

EMERALD CIRCUS II
NEW (ONE-TIME) ENEMY
Anti-Guy Trapeze
(if you talked to a certain character)
HP: 250
ATK: 36
DEF: 0
MARK: Koopaling
Obtains quotes of a certain character from the actual Color Splash.

POLLINATOR FLOWERS
Battle 1- Purple
Battle 2- Green
Battle 2.5- Monochrome
Battle 3- Orange

STORY
+All 23 available members of the Rescue Squad and Gulliv T are in the line-up, with Leblaanc overseeing the line. To allow the game to load all 23 normal Rescue Squad members without slowdown, they’re technically combined into 7 models- 1 talking member per Squad, Leblaanc, and everyone else.
+Regarding what lines are retained/changed...
MICHELLE: I’m first in line, which means I’ll be first to head inside. It’s just- grand to be second to Cosso.
JONNY: This is just between you and me, but Leblaanc wants Orion to come back after this mission.
STENCY: Rescue ohh, rescue ohhh! Rescue, beep beep, rescue, Ohh rescue, rescue hey!
STABYL T: Mario, sir, I’m a huge fan like Louis! Thanks for taking the time to talk to a normal Toad like me with no unique traits or discernible characteristics!
PEPPA T: I haven’t seen a circus since I was a boy!

+Upon talking to Cosso...
Cosso is about to speak. However, he stops mid-way.
COSSO: ...This time, I feel it more appropriate for the Squad Captain to give the order.
KIDD: Good thought, Cosso. It’s rare Le- the Squad Captain comes with us.
LEBLAANC: I would be honored, Cosso and Kiddwella. Alright then...ROLL CALL!
All 23 main Rescue Squad members, Kidd, and Gulliv T. salute.
SUGA T: 25!
BcgDNXO.jpg

LEBLAANC: 26 of us have gathered! If Billy were here, he’d be so proud! All we need now is to wait for their show to open...
+Upon talking to the Boosketeer at the ticket booth...
BOOSKETEER: Greetings, good sir! I welcome you to the Emerald Circus! Our show will start as soon as the house fills up. We only perform in front of sellout crowds! ...except for an anonymous performer we lost recently, but that’s neither here nor there.
After checking the line...
BOOSKETEER: What luck! We have our audience! It’s going to be a full house! Thank you all for waiting! Please go in and take your seats. We’ve been expecting you...
The curtain opens.
All the Rescue Squad members and Gulliv T hurry into the tent, trampling over Leblaanc in the process.
Kidd gives Leblaanc a quick kiss.
LEBLAANC: YEAAAAAAAH!
Leblaanc hurries in.

+When Mario and co. enter, the entire Rescue Squad are seated on the left- tied up, while Boosketeers are on the right.
ARANTULA: Enjoy the show, Rescue Squads. It’ll be the last one you ever see...*nomnomnom*
The Arantula vanishes.
KIDD: Leblaanc!
LEBLAANC: Sorry, Kidwella. It was a trap. It’s like they knew we were coming...
KIDD: Leave it to us, Leblaanc. This time, I’ll rescue YOU! Hehehehe!
HUEY: Exactly! So... this is your group’s circus, Edwin?
EDWIN: Every seat’s full, and the audience is all giddy with anticipation...
HUEY: I’ve never actually been to a circus before, Edwin. So I’m super excited! *sniffsniff* Huh...I swear I smell black paint, though. Plus a hint of fresh banana...
KIDD: Uh, Huey?
HUEY: Oh, and the tied-up Squadees. Sorry, Kidd.
Perry appears on stage.
PERRY: Ladies and gentlemen, Rescue Squad and Musketeers, plumbers of all ages! You are moments away from experiencing the Emerald Circus in all its glory! (Thank Grambi!) Without further ado, allow me to introduce our main act. It’s the guy everyone’s talking about...Khairacles’ Show of Stunning Strength!
A shadow appears over Perry.
PERRY: (It had to be one of those days...)
Khairacles lands on Perry. The big ape then showboats to the crowd, leading to a lot of applause from the Boosketeers.
KHAIRACLES [ i.imgur.com/lqiK4s2.png ]: The Great Khairacles thanks you. Continue to clap in order to encourage Khairacles. Keep yellow objects away from the stage, or the Great Khairacles will eat it. Now...the things you are about to see may shock you. They might astound you. But they will definitely impress. THE WEIGHT.
A huge Thwomp drops on top of Khairacles, apparently crushing him.
EVERYONE: ?
KIDD: Huh...that was remarkably easy.
EDWIN: Don’t speak too soon...
Suddenly, the Thwomp starts shaking.
Immediately, Khairacles lifts the Thwomp in one hand, while juggling Perry in the other.
KHAIRACLES: HUKK HUKK HUKK! No Thwomp on earth can keep the Great Khairacles down for long. The Great Khairacles can carry anything of any weight.
PERRY: (Easy for you to say, you big ape!)
The crowd applauds.
KHAIRACLES: The Great Khairacles is pleased such simple weights can impress. But now- a greater challenge.
The Emerald Grand Paint Star lowers from the ceiling.
HUEY: The Grand Paint Star!
KHAIRACLES: That is correct. Very correct. It’s a shiny green Paint Star. Now, watch the Great Khairacles lift this ancient object.
Khairacles grabs the Grand Paint Star from below. However, despite his great effort, the star refuses to budge.
KHAIRACLES: This Grand Paint Star- despite its small size, it is much more difficult to move by hand.
Khairacles slicks the back of his head.
KHAIRACLES: But to that, the Great Khairacles laughs at the idea of failure! Second time is the charm.
Khairacles tries again. This time, he succeeds, pushing the star back upwards!
KHAIRACLES: Never think the Great Khairacles is not the strongest on the island. The Great Khairacles has yet to meet anyone who can disprove him! (Though the Great Khairacles wishes those two had not left...But at least the third came back.)
Khairacles look down on Mario, Huey, Kidd and Edwin.
KHAIRACLES: Like this rusty can. Or the goat squadee. Or the ex-musketeer. Or the man who was here earlier, now wearing red. But if they think they can outmuscle the Great Khairacles, maybe they would like a try on-stage.
The Great Khairacles jumps out.
HUEY: How’d he lift the Paint Star so easily?!
KIDD: Yeah. Something about this Khairacles joker feels bananas!
Perry gets up.
PERRY: Uh, Khairacles? The audience? You kind of left them here? (Great, now I gotta stall!) Um, uh...Hey folks. We’re experiencing technical difficulties. It seems Khairacles has slipped the circus! Hehhh...So please enjoy this unscheduled intermission!
Perry tries headbonking back and forth, between both sides of the stage.
EDWIN: Mario, Khairacles is one of Aace’s newest recruits! And let me warn you- that strength wasn’t just an act! He could lift the entire tent if he wanted to!
HUEY: I can still smell the Grand Paint Star through the bananas and lingering black paint. Let’s take Khairacles up on his dare.
BOOSKETEER: How does Lord Khairacles do that?! I’ve only ever seen Lord Aace move the Grand Paint Star, and not as easily.

+When Mario and co. exit...
TICKET VENDOR BOOSKETEER: I hadn’t a clue Khairacles would up and leave like that! How mystifying!
+Upon talking to the Monkhairas...
MONKHAIRA: Khairacles left? Knowing him, he’s waiting for a smart challenger. The way he slicks his hair back with his left arm- it’s like he becomes a titan when he does that!
MONKHAIRA: Lord Khairacles tries to keep his stage hazard free. He had a bad experience with a sharp object while performing one time. Now, he usually swats that stuff away with his right arm.
67GU9Vu.jpg

+Upon entering the stage...
The lights shine on Mario and co.
PERRY: Aaaaaaaand we’re back! Thanks for your patience, folks. Please put your hands, feathers, hooves and thistles together for...
The lights shine brighter on...
PERRY: The Mario Troupe and Huey-gee Super Funtime Show!
LOUIS: We’re the Mario troupe, and pl- oh, sorry. Force of habit.
PERRY: Any habit’s fine up here! Don’t be shy, fellas!
MARIRANA: We’re fron’ and centre. Might as well give these folks wha’ they paid for! Righ’, Huey suga?
Huey looks sick.
HUEY: NO. No no no no..I don’t do well in front of crowds.
LOUIS: Relax, amico. What do we got to lose? We’re right behind you, all the way!
HUEY: ...Well, here goes nothing. *gulp*
Huey flies up to front stage. [...]
[After Huey’s impression fails to make a mark...]
BOOSKETEER: ...I say- I believe I lost some intelligence just hearing that.
Huey flies back.
HUEY: Tough crowd. That joke used to kill back in the Workshop.
MARIRANA: Ye did yer best, hon.
LOUIS: Maybe Mario’s got some jokes up his stache? The guy’s grande at parties!
[After Mario’s Pixel Shroom routine...]
Everyone applauds.
MONKHAIRA: Ook! Lord Khairacles didn’t misjudge the newcomers, after all! We’re in for quite a show of strength!
Huey flies up.
HUEY: Really?! They liked THAT but my tin-can impression flopped?!
LOUIS: It’s hard to beat the old-school materiale, Huey uomo.
PERRY: Oh, that was just classic, Mario. And now (for real this time!)...the moment you’ve all been waiting for...The Emerald Circus main act! These (potentially) death-defying performances will keep you on the edge of your seat! And with that, let’s get this party started!

WAVES (MARIO)
1: Unicycling Monkhaira team (“[…]The trick-riding, monkey-business UNICYCLE MONKHAIRAAAAAAS!”)
2: Arantula Trapeze [x2] and Monkhaira Trapeze [x2] (“Let’s give a creepily warm welcome to our next guests...these uncharitable spiders and their monkey mates, trapezing for their lives!”)
2.5 (if Mario talked to a certain someone): Trapeze Anti-Guy (“Uuuuuh- folks, this is part of the act! There’s nothing to worry about, you’re completely safe, and we aren’t in the vicinity of an unstoppable maniac! I’m talking, of course, about the ANTI-GUUUUUUUY!”)
3: Monstroom and Dino Rhino [x3] on a huge Bongo Trampoline [adds (“Ahem...And now for the denouement! The high-flying buffed-up bad boys- The Bongo Trampolining Monstroom and Dino Rhinos!”)
+The Yoshis try eating Mario every five attacks he makes. Not every five turns- every five attacks. Failure at blocking Yoshi merely removes applied paint to the current card, but the attack still continues away.

+After defeating Trapeze-Anti Guy...
ANTI-GUY: It’s just as I said it would go on the Sunset Express, Mario. If it had to happen this way, I'm glad it was you...
The Anti-Guy faints.

ARTIFACTS
8-Bit Crystal

Slots: 2
Effect: Gives Mario the Circus status for the first 3 turns of a battle.

+After clearing all waves...
PERRY: What a breathtaking show! Put your appendages together for our performers!
+Upon exiting the battle...
PERRY: Our show’s almost at an end! But Mario and his friends aren’t out of the jungle yet- he has one more opponent to prove himself against! When they’re ready to face off against him, they should jump on that bongo!
+After saving, Mario jumps on the bongo three times. On the fourth one, however, Khairacles lands in the room.
KHAIRACLES: The Great Khairacles is impressed with your strength, red man. And Edwin, you’ve improved since you trained here.
EDWIN: Well, Mario and his friends- my friends- were all supportive. Huey, Marirana, Louis, Nya, even Kidd. Without them, I don’t know where I’d be.
MARIRANA: Yer so sweet like tha’, Edwin.
KHAIRACLES: Such a change- you believe your friends are your power. Very different from when you began. But now, you must both prove the full scope of your strength. Aace entrusts the Great Khairacles with the Emerald Grand Paint Star while he and the others prepare to revive Shadhema. And the Great Khairacles does not intend to display weakness in front of this large crowd!

NEW BGM- Great Monkeying Around (chill jungle song with Bongos and tubas)
PLACEHOLDER BGMs- Jungle Garden (Super Smash Bros. Melee), My Girl (Chilliwack)

BOSS TIME! KHAIRACLES
HP: 500 (main body), 25 (arms- regenerate)
ATK: 24 (stomp attack- Khairacles 4x susceptible to Spiked defense), 20 x 2 (banana sword slash [poison]), 28 (left arm punch) Righty charge (doubles the power of left arm punch- only used when HP drops to below half), banana barrel snack (fully revives KO’d arms), 8 x 5 (bongo beats)
DEF: 0 (will pluck Spiked Helmet off Mario or throw spiked enemy out of battle if right arm is still active)
MARK: Musketeer
QUOTE 1: Vote for the Great Khairacles!
QUOTE 2: Patience is often a virtue. But strength cannot be delayed.
QUOTE 3: Do you want to eat these bananas? They are very tough and old.
QUOTE 4 (if both arms are out): The Great Khairacles motions for a mid-performance snack.
QUOTE 5 (charging a punch): Can you stand up to the Great Khairacles’ secret strength?
QUOTE 6 (if stomp attack is spiked): Please remove all spiked objects from the stage area.
QUOTE 7 (if Edwin is out): How far you’ve come. How further will you go?
QUOTE 8 (if Marirana is out): The Great Khairacles is compelled to find a skyscraper...
QUOTE 9 (if Kidd is out): The Great Khairacles is sorry about your son. He will receive a basket of bananas when he awakens.
QUOTE 10 (near defeat): The Great Khairacles has rarely faced such a challenge...!

+After defeating Khairacles...
KHAIRACLES: To think the Great Khairacles would be bested by a man in red pajamas...! But the Great Khairacles will not surrender the Grand Paint Star....! He does not wish to! Aace...little purple mushroom...Khairacles is...sorry. Shadhema...
Khairacles tips over onto Perry.
PERRY: NononoNONO!
Khairacles’ hat then falls off, revealing purple Dry Shrooms in his hair. Mario peels them off like a sticker.
KIDD: That creep had purple Shrooms in his hair!? Ugh- if my boy Billy was this gross, I’d- wait. Where’s Aace?!
Mario and co. look around.
KIDD: I thought you said he’d be here, Edwin!
EDWIN: I thought so, too! I don’t get it...he wouldn’t have just left his only Grand Paint Star this laxative. Something’s changed...
HUEY: Then let’s wake the Grand Paint Star up and ask him ourselves! It’s the last one, anyways!
Before Mario jumps on the bongos again...
KHAIRACLES: Red man...if you find a sentient yellow banana...tell him the Great Khairacles...would like to get together with him...ugh.
Khairacles faints.
+After Mario reaches the tent roof, Gulliv T breaks free of his bonds.
GULLIV T: It took a while to break out, but I used my memories of when I was tiny to break free! I’ll have you all out in a bit.
CAAN: Finally, mate! You’re looking like a Yellow member already!
VINN: Still your tongue, Caan! He must join Red Rescue Squad- his skills surpass the minimum criteria!
VERDA: Let’s not fight, my friends...Blue Rescue Squad always accepts anyone who can work in a team.
BEEYEW T: Can he join our Green squad, Mommy? He’s r’lly cute.
OMBRA: Whoa, female maaaaaaaaan! This little cub needs to join us! We’re a little low in Purple lately!
LEBLAANC: It’s Gulliv’s decision who he wants to join. But he must never forget it’s not his size, but his dedication, that help define him.
GULLIV T: Thanks, Captain Leblaanc!
LEBLAANC: I have faith in all my Squadees! ...even if I don’t in myself...
GULLIV T: Huh?
LEBLAANC: You’re doing great, Gulliv! You keep at it!
Perry crawls from under Khairacles.
PERRY: ....r...RRRR...MARIO!? Why can’t any of the Musketeers beat that guy!? Maybe I should have stayed with Lord Bowser and Gary after all! Maybe-!
Perry’s eyes begin to glow.
PERRY: Uh-uh, did I say that? Uh, I mean BOY, it sure is nice I’m working with the Musketeers!
Perry’s eyes stop glowing.
PERRY: That was TOO close! Might as well go find AAAACE! and see if he has any ideas.
Perry runs off.

+Unlike before, Luigi doesn’t make a sound while the Emerald Grand Paint Star is flying above Prism Island.

LUIGI INTERLUDE-MUSTARD CAFÉ
GAMEPLAY

+Areas explored: Café abyss, jailhouse

ENEMIES
Dry Dry Pokey
Drybake Pokey
Green Pokey
Slugshroom
Carrishroom
Monstroom

POLLINATOR FLOWERS
Pit entrance- Orange
Atop green pipe in rotating pipe room- Yellow
Atop green pipe in swimming Pokey room- Purple

STORY
+Daisy arrives at the entrance to level.
DAISY: Ahhhhh- Mustard! Whoever owns this café gave it a really nice name! You coming, Luigi?
LUIGI: I a-URGH! Could use-a UGHHH! Little help here AUGHGHHH!
Luigi enters the scene...carrying a large red gorilla wearing a very familiar banana on his head.
LUIGI: I a-didn’t expect Nabana to a-gain so much a-weight out of a-nowhere! He a-really needs to a-exercise when he a-returns home! Let’s a-bring Nabana to the a-café- he can a-rest there.
qt974X0.jpg

DAISY: What about the treasure?
LUIGI: Nabana’s a-too hurt! I can’t a-risk his a-skin for something we a-can’t even find! You can a-go look for the treasure if you a-want- I’m a-staying by a-Nabana’s side until he a-wakes up!
Daisy feels guilty.
DAISY: Luigi- I’m sorry. I wasn’t thinking about Nabana.
LUIGI: ...It’s a-OK, Daisy. I was a-acting greedy, too. It a-wouldn’t be right if I was a-mad only at you. Maybe- the a-treasure itself isn’t a-important, but the a-adventure the three of us had together...
DAISY: ...and still are.
LUIGI: That’s a-right, Daisy. I didn’t a-consider that. But that a-still leaves us with a-no leads on...THE CRYSTAL!
Luigi retrieves the crystal from his pocket.
Luigi’s crystal radiates energy. It shatters, revealing a pointer underneath. It points towards the large pit.
LUIGI: It looks a-like it’s a-pointing...?
DAISY: ...Luigi- it’s gotta be directing us to the treasure! I bet it doesn’t work for the Musketeers because they’re- they’re- they’re not as innocent or kind as you. It probably wouldn’t have worked for me, either. Or Nabana-
NABANA: Did someone say “strongest ape in the world”...?
Luigi and Daisy are alarmed.
Nabana wakes up. He then flexes his newfound arms.
NABANA [ i.imgur.com/5ihHV35.png ]: Haw. Haw. Haw. Behold- the muscles of a true Ape King, mon!
DAISY: Nabana! You’re alright!
LUIGI: We a-thought you were a-goner!
NABANA: It’s great to have fans of my might! But I have one question- who the heck are you two mawgas? And why’d you call me Nabana? I’d probably call miself that, too, but that’s not my name.
LUIGI: Nabana, you a-okay...?
DAISY: We’re your friends, Luigi and Daisy. We had a trip in Mossrock Theater? You were on a treasure hunt with us?
NABANA: But I know I’m a lone ape. Last thin I rememba, I was exercising on the edge of Mount Rumble, when the volcano erupted. The vibrations nearly sent me to my doom. I got dis feelin’ I’m lookin’ for some bredren of mine, though.
LUIGI: But you a-said...I can’t a-believe I’m a-actually saying this...you-a kept a calling me you’re a-second banana.
Nabana looks surprised.
NABANA: You seem pretty convinced we know each other. And when you speak those words, I think you’re telling the truth, mon.
DAISY: Well, at least we made some progress, Luigi. Why don’t we bring Nabana to this awesomely-named café, and then we’ll-?
Nabana grabs Luigi and Daisy.
LUIGI: Nabana?
NABANA: And miss out on your treasure hunt, mon? Then I’d be lying to whoever I’m looking for! If we were looking for something togetha, we’ll finish it togetha!
LUIGI: Nabana...you’re a-one of the a-best.
NABANA: It’s what I do, mon! Now, fasten your furbelts- ‘tis goin’ to be a bumpy ride!
Nabana rushes towards the pit. He then jumps down, holding Luigi and Daisy.
DAISY: YEAAAAAAAH, NABANA!
f4ruNrG.jpg

+Luigi, Daisy and Nabana land in the pit.
NABANA: Not bad for the strongest ape in the world, huh?
Nabana flexes his muscles.
LUIGI: Hurgh-gur-gurgh...
DAISY: You OK, Luigi?
LUIGI: I’m a-fine, Dayzee. I a-just need to a-reorient a-myself- hmm?
Luigi’s pointer glows brighter. It points to the north exit of the pit.
LUIGI: We’re a-getting closer!
DAISY: It’s pointing that way!
NABANA: Then what are we waiting for, mon? Let’s get treasure hunting!

GAMEPLAY- When Nabana’s ape form is the partner, filling up his Partner Meter causes him to beat his chest, giving Luigi the following cards.
3 Super Jump
2 Mega Jump
3 Super Hammer
2 Mega Hammer
2 Super Fire Flowers
2 Super Ice Flowers
2 Super Shrooms
+Nabana also has a wall-climb ability for some of the level’s walls. This allows Luigi to bypass most of the puzzles.

Luigi battle in Mustard Cafe
vdWxZ6w.jpg

+Eventually, Luigi and co. arrive at the bottom floor of the jailhouse. There’s a Save Block right before this moment.
+The pointer glows as bright as possible. It then drills into the sand.
DAISY: The treasure’s down there!
LUIGI: We must a-dig it out!

MINI-GAME:
+By pressing Y>X>A in sequence, Luigi, Daisy and Nabana must remove the loosened rocks from the ground.
+Match 3 similar rocks vertically, horizontally or diagonally to remove them from the game.
+A character can hold five rocks at once before dropping them all. The pile after Nabana, meanwhile, can hold 10 rocks before falling over on all three characters, resulting in a Game Over.
+To win, Luigi and co. must obtain 90 points. Special “rocks” show up alongside the colored ones.
GREY KOOPA SHELL: Place atop any character’s pile to remove the whole pile from the game, scoring 5 points.
BALD CLEFT: A dummy “rock”. Clear a match near the Cleft to remove it from the “field”.
SLUGSHROOM: A dangerous “rock”. Clear a match near the Slugshroom to remove it from the “field”. If two Slugshrooms are near each other, however, Luigi and co. lose 5 points. The Slugshrooms then vanish.

+After obtaining 90 points...
LUIGI: There it-a is! It’s a...what a-the..?
Luigi hurries down.
DAISY: I don’t believe it! The treasure!
Daisy hurries down.
NABANA: This be bananas, bredren!
Nabana jumps down.
LUIGI: I a-never imagined something like THIS a-existed on Prism Island, a-too!
NABANA: I’d be the best with this treasure, mon!
DAISY: We just gotta a little paint job, and it’ll be good as new!
Suddenly, green sparkles rain into the unseen pit.
LUIGI: (vocal effect) Oh!
NABANA: Your wish is granted, Daisy ‘oman!
DAISY: THANK YOU, WHOEVER DID THIS! Now- let’s go show our new treasure off!

PORT PRISMA CHAPTER 6- EPILOGUE
STORY

+After collecting the final Grand Paint Star by defeating the Musketeers, Mario and co. return to place it in Town Square.
HUEY: Hmm...I couldn’t quite tell what exactly the Emerald Grand Paint Star restored just now. But now all the Grand Paint Stars are back at Prisma Fountain!
EMERALD: Mario, Huey, Edwin, Louis, Marirana, Nya, Kidd...you’ve all done splendidly. I’m the Emerald Grand Paint Star. And I’m glad to see the others are back, safe and sound.
TOAD: That’s right! Now that all the Grand Paint Stars are back, it’s finally time to party! OK, let’s celebrate the return of ALL the Grand Paint Stars...GET WILD!
+”Paint the Dance Floor” is the only dance number retained in the Recut.
++Of the common designs between species, 10 are used across the lesser dancers.
TOADS: Red male, Blue female
PIANTAS: Blue male, Pink female
BRUSTACHES: Green round brush boy, Red spiky-haired girl
MEMPHAWKS: pants boy, waistband girl
VELLBEX: Triple chest male, Single chest female
++Characters from all 6 chapters appear during the dance.
CHAPTER 1: Captain Ahant, Spirideamus, Rokke T
CHAPTER 2: Orion, Kolorado
CHAPTER 3: Ms. Bloomington, Vellbex ghosts, Snob Biffet
CHAPTER 4: Captain Baabeaussa, Pirra T
CHAPTER 5: Bakke T., Chugga T
CHAPTER 6: Leblaanc
+MARIO CAN NOW EQUIP 8 ARTIFACTS!
Merlon arrives on the scene.
MERLON: Mario! Huey! And the rest! From the bottom of my beard, I must thank you. You found all of the Grand Paint Stars. Now, all that’s required is to go find O’Chunks and help him deal with Shroomsday! Then, we’ll find the Koopalings’ hideout and-
Suddenly, O’Chunks is thrown into the Central Plaza.
SHROOMSDAY: You seem to believe you are the predator, and we are the prey. Prepare to learn the situation is quite the reverse!
O’CHUNKS: Maria...the beastie’s after ye- run! I still got- one last push in me!
O’Chunks gets angry. He starts pushing Shroomsday into the east end of town.
HUEY: Mario! O’Chunks’ been fighting Shroomsday for quite a while. Why don’t we give him a break and make some soup out of that thing for good?
Mario nods.

+Mario and co. arrive at the Port Prisma west area. They see an exhausted O’Chunks, kneeling before Shroomsday.
SHROOMSDAY: What’s the matter, you unclean animal? We’ve only fought a short time, yet you’re starting to become exhausted.
O’CHUNKS: Me? Exhausted? Yeh...assume too much, yeh purple beastie! Ah’m jus’ takin’ a leetle..breather...
O’Chunks collapses.
NYA: This is not good, Mario! The Captain and the others are still on their way here! And I do not think we have a way to power that monster down!
Mario thinks. He then looks stern.
KIDD: You’re right, Red. Even if we can’t completely take that creep down, we still have to try. Billy would do the same if that was us in O’Chunks’ place.
+When Mario engages Shroomsday...
SHROOMSDAY: Do you intend to fight us, plumber? And do you think we’ll allow your atrocious red attire to defeat us yet again?!
MARIO: ?
HUEY: Uh, what’s this crazy legume talking about, Mario? You’ve met Shroomsday before?
SHROOMSDAY: We have known the red one for a long time. Perhaps we should show you...
Shroomsday’s eyes glow. Mario and co. start holding their head.
HUEY: You can write memories into people’s minds, too!? HEY-!

+A monochrome flashback to the intro of Sticker Star [Recut], with Mario, Huey, Nya and Shroomsday in the back of the crowd....
NYA: I do not believe it! We are-!
SHROOMSDAY: Yes, female Ninji. We are in the Decal Lands’ town of Decalburg, one year ago. And look who’s on the stage, gazing at our One True Crown...
Mario and Huey lean in further. To their confusion, looking into the sky is...
HUEY: Mario, that guy’s- MARIO! Or another you! You...look a little chubbier than usual, pal.
NYA: And there is Peach and Bowser!
Flash forward to when Bowser started wearing the gold Royal Sticker.
SHROOMSDAY: This is when our shared consciousness re-awoke a continent over. You had no idea someone else was inhabiting that oafish Koopa’s empty mind, did you? You merely assumed he had gone mad with power. For as far back as this point in time, you have stood in our way at each and every turn. Even in that other dimension, against the sleeper agents we converted. Or that form we had joined during your final battle there...
Past Mario and Past Bowser engage each other.
SHROOMSDAY: But there is a confession we must make now........HE was not the only one we influenced with our One True Crown. For at this moment...
nUyS4HK.jpg

The white flash from the end of Sticker Star’s opening scene occurs. This time, however, in the blinding light, dark energy from the Gold Royal Sticker pours into not just Bowser...but Mario, too!
SHROOMSDAY: We had marked you, TOO, as our equal! A second vessel, in case “Bowser” proved incapable in our cause. As we battled, our dark energy seeped into you. We did this right in front of a large crowd, yet they never pieced together there might be another power at work- ours. Your brother tried to stop what he thought was a normal battle, but we scared him off in short order. We did not mark him, however- we detected he would prove “sloppy seconds”.
OXmaFhL.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/0tvVUoC.jpg
Scene of Mario awakening in the ruined Decalburg.
SHROOMSDAY: Like the brightly-colored ignorant human you are, you bounced it off as just a feeling, and nothing more. Yet you possessed powers you knew not.
Flashback of Paper Mario Sticker Star [Recut], of Mario using the Scissors on Broozers in Bowser Junior's Flotilla.
SHROOMSDAY: Did you ever wonder how you were able to unleash the full power within the Blight King’s Artifact prototypes?
Flashback of Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam, of Paper Mario using the Copy Block around some Shiny Bob-Ombs.
SHROOMSDAY: Or why you and all of the Koopa King’s minions could REALLY clone yourselves? The answer shrooms before you, false hero.
PfRAdUe.jpg

+The flashback ends. Mario is horrified.
O’Chunks is being carried away by Merluvlee and Merlon, their scurrying audible.
MERLUVLEE: Quick! While he’s distracted!
Merluvlee and Merlon leave.
SHROOMSDAY: Their times will come- our ten eyes are upon you, plumber. We must admit- we were far too easy on you in our last encounter, and it cost us dearly. But now...allow us to rectify this mistake...
All of the Royal Stickers start glowing.
SHROOMSDAY: For we shall take control of you, so you can help restart and enforce the Eclipse Empire!

BGM- Sparkling King and Co. Battle (Paper Mario Sticker Star [Recut])
BOSS TIME! SHROOMSDAY
HP: 340 (Shroomsday), 1 (Royal Stickers- regenerate after 2 turns)
ATK: 4 x 7 (Red Royal Sticker shuriken attack), 34 (Orange Royal Sticker tendril fall), 8 x 4 (Purple Royal Sticker rhythm smack), 26 (Blue Royal Sticker spatial frost [wet]), Green Royal Sticker ally heal (heals Shroomsday’s allied enemies by 60 HP per turn), 56 (rainbow blast, used only after HP reaches under 90. One of five attacks that cannot be blocked.)
DEF: Quarters all damage (normally), -4 (after Royal Stickers and True Crown are all disabled), Once More (survives with 1 HP if Shroomsday would be KO’d by Mario that turn)
MARK: Shroomsday
QUOTE 1: Behold the supreme sparkling king!
QUOTE 2: The strongest have fallen before us! You will join them in oblivion!
QUOTE 3: Take your time...We’d appreciate it if you did.
QUOTE 4 (after controlling Mario): Do you doubt our power now?!
QUOTE 5 (if one Royal Sticker is inactive): We have more left.
QUOTE 6 (if all Royal Stickers are inactive): The cornered shroom is usually the most dangerous.
QUOTE 7 (near defeat): Where are they...?
QUOTE 8 (if Edwin is out): Turning against the Musketeers was your worst decision, hollow green moneybag.
QUOTE 9 (if Louis is out): How many of you weaklings wear such garb?
QUOTE 10 (if Marirana is out): Your music pales in comparison to what she composed...
QUOTE 11 (if Nya is out): You will regret ever following us here, Ninji!
QUOTE 12 (if Kidd is out): How will you stand against a Royal Pet, when you could not withstand the device?

+When the battle begins...
SHROOMSDAY: Before we begin, allow us to borrow that worthless Partner Meter.
Shroomsday’s tendril reaches to the GamePad screen! The tendril proceeds to block out the Partner Meter!
SHROOMSDAY: Every time you harm our main body, the energy that would usually go into your meter will energize us instead, at double the potency. When it’s full, we’ll force you to remove one of your partners from the battle. And should it fill in a situation where there are no partners left, you’ll take half damage from what you inflict upon us!

+After Shroomsday reaches 170 HP...
SHROOMSDAY: Even now, you think your group can defeat us. We laugh at such a thought! ...Nevertheless, perhaps we should call for some help...
Shroomsday’s Green Royal Sticker glows, as the monster’s tendrils create a dimensional hole.
Soon enough, something comes through the hole...Petey Piranha!
PETEY: GLARARBOK?! (How’d I get here?!)
Petey turns around, seeing Shroomsday.
PETEY: GLOOP GLEGLEP GLIRK! GLORG GUR- (Hey, you need five pairs of glasses! And a-)
Petey turns left and right.
PETEY: GLORP GLAP? GLORGLE ORGLE GLEP! (What am I thinking? These guys can’t understand me anyway!)
SHROOMSDAY: GURGISH GIRIGGLE... (Think again...)
Petey gains a Shiny texture!
PETEY: GLEEK GIRGLE GABBLE- GIGIGLE GORAGLE GEEP! (SHINY PETEY TIME 2! SPIN AROUND THIS!)

PETEY PIRANHA
HP: 160
ATK: 16 (bite), 24 (spin attack), 20 (flying slam)
DEF: Halves all damage (normally), -10 (on back), bite defense against jumping (12 damage), tipsy after spin attack (hit with Hammer to knock on back), Partner switch (takes all of Shroomsday’s hits until Petey is KO’d)
MARK: Koopaling (normally), Shroomsday (this battle)
EXTRA QUOTE: GLURK GLEGLEM GLUK, GLORK? (Have I seen you someone before, purple?)

+When Petey reaches 80 HP...
PETEY: GOROGGLE GILGIMIR! (If I go down, I’ll take you with me!)
Petey beats up Mario, forcing all of his partners out. Petey then eats and chew on all but Huey.
HUEY: Our friends! Who d’you think you are, eating them all?!
SHROOMSDAY: We’re just “evening out the playing field”. What will your red friend do now, fighting with no real reinforcements, you rusted-out “protector”-?
? ??????: Maria’s not fightin’ alone.
O’Chunks rushes in, knocking Petey down (inflicting 20 damage) and freeing Mario’s friends. However, they’re all beaten up.
EDWIN: Urgh...my bag!
MARIRANA: That was spikier than a Dry Dry Pokey wearin’ a Spiny Shell!
O’CHUNKS: Thank ye for lettin’ me catch me breath, Mario! Yer friends can take a break- ah’ll finish what ah started with the beastie here! But first...
FmVkVH9.jpg

O’Chunks reaches his arm down towards the GamePad screen. He then pulls Shroomsday’s arm off the Partner meter.
O’CHUNKS: Now we’re playin’ fair, laddie!
Mario nods.
HUEY: Great to have you fighting alongside us, O’Chunks! We need the square muscle! And...the square chest, I guess.
SHROOMSDAY: What you all need is a miracle if you think you can defeat us!

GAMEPLAY: With O’Chunks as the partner, Mario can ignore the DEF and most Defensive perks of enemies. However, Mario receives 1.5x the damage in exchange.

+After Petey is KO’d...
PETEY: GIRGISH GARLOG. GINIGAP GOOR... (Yeah, I think I’m done. Be poisoning you later...)
Petey explodes.
SHROOMSDAY: Worthless plant. Just the same as the other...

+When Shroomsday reaches 90 HP...
SHROOMSDAY: We see now- you truly do not wish to serve under us, plumber.
Mario shakes his head.
SHROOMSDAY: Then we have no choice- but to unleash our full power and eliminate you!
All six Royal Stickers glow. Shroomsday reheals all his HP. In addition, Shroomsday’s body gains a Shiny texture, giving him Megasparkle defense.
O’CHUNK: Ye nothin’ but talk, Shroomsday! So what if yeh applied some glitter teh your body?
+GAMEPLAY- Megasparkle status cuts all damage taken to 1. In addition, it’s one of the Defensive perks O’Chunks cannot penetrate.
+After attacking Shroomsday three times...
O’CHUNK: PULL ME BEARD! The beastie wasn’t bluffin’! He somehow worked out in 1 second!
SHROOMSDAY: You weak, underpowered peasants. You should have joined our side. Together, we could have crushed all our enemies. Instead, you stand against us. You have nothing to threaten us with. Nothing to diminish our power. No-one can save you!
KERSTI: Well, it’s a good thing the sticker fairy who gave her life once is on the island, you jerk!
+Kersti flies in, bonking Shroomsday on the head. When Shroomsday comes to...
SHROOMSDAY: You again! You’ve been watching our power for generations.
KERSTI: Your power? Yeah, right! You’ve probably never even been in the same room as the Royal Stickers before!
SHROOMSDAY: The Monty Moles would beg to differ...
HUEY: Kersti! How’d you know we were having trouble mixing some mushroom soup?
KERSTI: I learned from a passing Goomba this creep was in the neighborhood. He warned me Mario was in danger!
SHROOMSDAY: We’re in the middle of a battle. Stand aside, while we-!
KERSTI: YOU WAIT YOUR TURN! Don’t you know how to address a proper lady!?
Shroomsday looks surprised at this statement.
SHROOMSDAY: So...Aace was correct in his suspicions! ...We politely decline. PLEASE stand aside, or you may also bear witness to our wra-!
KERSTI: That’s it, Mr.! You want to hurry up your defeat, so I’ll grant your wish!
Kersti shines brightly.
KERSTI: All right, Mario, Huey...O’Chunks! Sock it to him!
Mario nods.
SHROOMSDAY: NO! That power! We know how you attained it! But you will perish before our time is up!
BGM- Kersti’s Power (Paper Mario Sticker Star [Recut])
9UYD3eZ.jpg

+GAMEPLAY: All of Mario’s attacks now inflict x3 the damage!
+Upon reducing Shroomsday’s HP to 0...
SHROOMSDAY: ...URGH. No matter what we try, we cannot defeat Mario.
Shroomsday faints.

+After defeating Shroomsday, Mario and co. jump for joy.
O’CHUNKS: Wouldya look at that, Maria? We actually brought tha’ ol’ beasty down! Gave ‘im a great big chunkin’! We saved the whole bloomin’ island!
HUEY: And we couldn’t have done it without Kersti!
EVERYONE: Yay!
The screen scrolls up, as if in anticipation for credits!

After a moment of silence, though, the screen scrolls back down. Everyone looks back and forth, confused.
KERSTI: Huh. That’s weird. We actually finished this up quite nicely. And here I was thinking you’d have to go through some giant fortress to beat a really powerful monster again!
SHROOMSDAY: Why...how...
Mario and co turn around. They see Shroomsday is still alive, though weakened.
Mario and co look sternly at Shroomsday.
????: Ye did good, Shroomsday. Real good, son. Shadhema will be proud.
Aace and the hypnotized Musketeers enter from the left entrance.
EDWIN: Aace?! What’s the meaning of this?!
AACE: I finally figured out to achieve my goal- how to correct my greatest mistake. Pitholl, go and bring Shroomsday to Prisma Fountain. He’s worked so hard, and he deserves to see her re-awaken.
PITHOLL: As you command, Aace. Swag.
Pitholl walks over and picks up Shroomsday’s body.
AACE: Cucleer, Perry...the Princess.
PERRY: On it, Aace! It’s about time I meet this chick! Cucleer and Perry walk towards Mario & the gang.
To everyone’s confusion, Cucleer and Perry head towards Kersti. They then nab her.
PERRY: And say goodbye to this annoying lady for what she did in the Decal Lands!
KERSTI: Hey! What’s going on?! I’m not a princess! I’m a Sticker Fairy.
AACE: I must apologize ahead of time for my current comments...your majesty. A Sticker Fairy? Could you show me another Sticker Fairy, fine lady?
KERSTI: Uh, yeah. YOU’RE LOOKING AT ONE RIGHT NOW, BUSTER! AND MY FRIENDS ON MY HOME PLANET-!
AACE: Exactly. You and your friends. The friends who were actually different creatures, transformed by my ol’ friend, Merluvlee. And it seems that fightin’ personality and part of one memory shines through, “Kersti”. Or perhaps it’d be mighty more accurate to call you by your real name... Shadhema? My old student?
KERSTI: What the heck are you talking about?! Mario, this guy’s crazy! Go and give him a shaving!
MARIO, HUEY, EDWIN: ...
KERSTI: ...Guys? This Boo...He’s lying about the Sticker Fairies. ...Right?
AACE: I wish I knew you were here earlier, Shadhema. Then, I might have been able to break the news more gently. Cucleer, Pitholl- back to Prisma Fountain.
Aace, Cucleer and Perry head back to Prisma Fountain.

+When Mario and co. return to Prisma Fountain in any way, they see several Dark Boos, Dark Boosketeers and Broozers gathered around Prisma Fountain, with Merlon and Merluvlee tied up and an exhausted Shroomsday. In the middle of the fountain is the coffin from Redpepper Crater, along with Kersti.
MERLUVLEE: Aace, please! You can’t bring Shadhema back! If you do, it will mean-!
AACE: I know what it means, Merluvlee, ol’ friend! But Shadhema’s our only shot at getting rid of the cause of all this, as well as ALL my guilt! Besides, I imagine bein’ separated from her body would’a cooled her off. I’ll bet yeh when she’s revived, we’ll all laugh this whole thing off as one mighty huge misunderstandin’.
KERSTI: MARIO! HUEY!
O’CHUNKS: L’il crown lass! We’ll get yeh out of ‘ere as right as rain OOOF!
Several Broozers proceed to dogpile Mario and the gang.
Huey makes it the furthest, but he too eventually becomes dogpiled.
HUEY: Kersti- I’m so sorry. We should have told you about Ellshe, as soon as we got back from rescuing the Tangerine Grand Paint Star-
KERSTI: Huey, it’s...it’s fine. You were only trying to keep me happy until you found a solution. Sometimes, you have to do what’s best, even if it hurts in the process. Huey, whatever happens to me- you have to take care of Mario and his friends when I’m gone.
HUEY: I promise I’ll do it, Kersti. I think I know how this is all going to play out, anyways.
KERSTI: Thanks, Huey. ...Oh, and if I make it out of this, we should totally start up that detective agencYYYYYYYYYYY!
All six paints are poured on Kersti and the coffin at once. However, they’re not mixed.
At first, nothing seems to happen.
AACE: ...What? But I thought pourin’ all six Grand Paint Stars on Shadhema would restore her! Wha’ did I miss?!
SHROOMSDAY: That is only for her body, Aace. If your suspicions are correct, her spirit also needs to be freed from her prison. And we know the sorceress applied her strongest enchantment upon the princess. Leave this to us...
Shroomsday gets up. The Gold Royal Sticker starts glowing.
AACE: Shroomsday...?
SHROOMSDAY: We don’t need the ability to see into the future to know this has been a long time coming. If it hadn’t been for us, none of this ever would have happened.
Shroomsday begins to disintegrate. His particles head towards Kersti.
Soon, more purple particles flow in from the skies, as well as waft through the underground. The particles all head towards Kersti.
AACE: Oh, no- SHROOMSDAY, DON’T! If you try this, you’ll neve’ return!
SHROOMSDAY: There is only one path for us- one that requires all of our master units from across the globe. But you still have a chance as her loyal Musketeer, Aace. So when Shadhema awakens...tell her...we’ll always be a.p.a.r.t.o..f...h...e...r........
Shroomsday disintegrates completely into Kersti...leaving behind five conked-out Monty Moles.
RED MONTY: Wake-aroony...to General..Deargy...
ORANGE MONTY: Alright, players...this is...Moraiste...speaking...
PURPLE MONTY: Under the...shining sun with...Corcrae...
BLUE MONTY: Someone...rebuild me- Gormal...
GREEN MONTY: Shiny... Glassy time...
Immediately after, Aace’s mustache and eyebrows lose all their color. Also, Pitholl and Cucleer’s eyes stop glowing.
PITHOLL: ...before he was aWAKENED- huh? What are we DOING back HERE?
CUCLEER: Urgh, my wings feel tired...I DEMAND ANSWERS!
Like with Nabana and Ellshe, a Sticker Comet symbol appears within the unmixed paint. The symbol then breaks apart.
MARIO: !
NYA: This cannot be good!
Suddenly, the paint combines with the coffin and the purple Kersti.
Soon, the paint starts to take shape. Kersti’s crown body at the top, followed by a dress, puffy shoulders, spiky back hair, and earrings.
8KzMbK9.jpg

Eventually, the paint finishes.
When Mario and co. look again, they see a young princess. Her back hair is purple with pink on the spike parts. Her dress is deep purple with pink at the bottom. And her eyes are blue.
NEWCOMER! Shahdema
HUEY: Kersti! What the heck did they do to you?!
SHADHEMA [ i.imgur.com/oYnzHb1.png ]: "Cursedy"? Ee-hee-hee-hee. That's my pet mushroom's name, you silly bucket. My name is Princess Shadhema of Prism Island. Are you one of my father's inventions?
HUEY: ...Yeeeees?
SHADHEMA: (happy) Oh, jolly.
Suddenly, Shadhema conjures up two stylized Musketeer blades- one similar to Shroomsday, the other like Sporepocalypse.
SHADHEMA: (angry) MY MOTHER WARNED ME HIS INVENTIONS WERE EVIL!

RIGGED BOSS TIME! SHADHEMA
HP: 500
ATK: 12 x 4 (sword flurry), Megasparkle "Gift" (inflicts Megasparkle status on Mario if he doesn't have it, reducing all damage he takes to 1), Status reversal (reverses status effects Mario is affected with), 40 (Eclipse beam; one of five attacks whose power cannot be blocked)

+On turn 1...
SHADHEMA: Hmm? A man in red? Have I seen you somewhere before?
Mario nods.
NYA: Kersti, this is Mario. Hero of the Mushroom Kingdom. It is an honor to fight alongside him, as you know.
SHADHEMA: ...No, I would never travel alongside someone with such common clothes. It would compromise my position as a proper lady!

+On turn 2...
EDWIN: OK, Kersti, hehe, you had your fun. Now let's stop fighting, before we really hurt each other!
SHADHEMA: How could I acquaint myself with someone like you? You seem like the type who would sell me out first chance they got!
EDWIN: ...
SHADHEMA: A-HA! You do not deny it! This is why I can only trust Cursedy! And Petally! And Aace! And...were there three others? ...It must have been a delightful dream. You all look so dirty. Allow me to tidy you up.
Shadhema's hands glow.
Mario obtains Megasparkle status!

+On turn 3...
O'CHUNKS: Kersti, me lass, 'av yeh lost yer marbles?! We're yeh friends! Yeh 'elped us with Shroomsday jus' five minutes ago, r'member? Yeh used yer magic teh so we'd hurt 'im more even with that sparkly stuff-
SHADHEMA: You did WHAT to Cursedy?! You lie if you think I would ever hurt my precious Cursedy, large ruffian! But just this once, maybe I'll take your advice.
Shadhema's hands glow. Mario's Megasparkle status is reversed, allowing Shadhema to inflict x3 the damage on him!
O'CHUNKS: (dumbfounded) Oops. Ah shouldnaw 'a 'said that.

+On turn 4 (the last one)...
HUEY: Kersti, please! You don't want to hurt your buddy, Huey, right? Your dad, the King, built me to...stop...something...but I can't perform my job if I'm blown up!
SHADHEMA: I have had quite enough of you, pal! If my father made a shell, perhaps we'd get along. But now, you no longer interest me. So let me show my teachers a lesson I learned the other day...how weaklings fares in jungles!
Shadhema raises her arms.
Soon enough, a huge beam of eclipse energy comes down on Mario and co, inflicting an enormous amount of damage!
This time, if Mario's HP reaches 0, he will not get a Game Over...

+After the battle, Mario and co. are bushed.
SHADHEMA: Serves you all right. Now you know why this proper lady is titled the Eclipse Princess!
Mario shakes his head.
SHADHEMA: Now here is where I end you! ...normally. However, this time, I am feeling rather charitable.
EVERYONE ELSE EXCEPT AACE: ?
AACE: You see, fellas? I jus’ knew Shadhema would cool off with time!
SHADHEMA: ...AACE!
AACE: SHADHEMA!
Aace flies towards Shadhema, happily.
AACE: It’s such a relief! To finally gaze ‘pon your face again, my student!
SHADHEMA: I was always your favorite! E-hee-hee-hee!
AACE: Whoa-hoa-hoa! Now, I know you jus’ got back, but there’s a promise I need to keep to. A close acquaintance o’mine has this sleepin’ son, who jus’ won’t-
SHADHEMA: What do I care of someone’s child? Let him rest, for all I care- I have some catching up to do.
AACE: But Princess Shadhema, we’re still not safe. The ol’ castle’s gone, what caused all this is still aroun’, and there’s-!
SHADHEMA: We’ll deal with these problems as they come.
Aace looks concerned.
AACE: Uh, in that case, Shadhema...about Cursedy...he wanted me to tell you-
SHADHEMA: Not now, my teacher! I’ll ask you the details as they come. OR ARE YOU QUESTIONING ME, AACE?!
AACE: ...I-I don’ understand. I though’ with time, you’d coo’ off! In fact, I think you’re even worse than befo-!
SHADHEMA: AACE.
AACE: I *sigh* I’m not questionin’ you, Princess. I never coul’.
zmp8Mr4.jpg

SHADHEMA: That’s what I thought. Now, for a new castle...hmm...what’s that in the sky?
Shadhema points up.
AACE: But Princess- that’s home to our enemies! And there’s black paint in the lower levels!
SHADHEMA: Black paint? ...Whether or not you jest, it is a risk worth taking! Come, Aace- call your new students over there and we’ll invade the enemy stronghold!
AACE: ...Perry? What should we-?
PERRY: Yeah, uh, we should definitely stick on the winning team here- HERS!
Perry walks over to Shadhema’s side.
AACE: (sad) And I thought things would get better...Come along, Musketeers. It’s not the future I- promised, but it’s, eh, somethin’.
BOOSKETEER: ...As you command, Lord Aace. It seems best not to upset the lady, anyways.
Every Musketeer except Pitholl and Cucleer joins Shadhema.
PERRY: Wait, how am I gonna get to the castle?
SHADHEMA: Oh, all right. Everyone gets one.
Shadhema picks up Perry.
Altogether, Shadhema and the remaining Musketeers fly to the castle. However...
AACE: (quietly) I’ll be seein’ you at the castle, Mario. You and that other feller are expected.
Mario and co. eventually come to.
HUEY: ...OK. We’re bolted at this point. We just barely got past Shroomsday with Kersti’s help! Now we have to FIGHT Kersti next!
EDWIN: Huey! It LOOKS bad, I’ll admit that. And we’re up against our toughest foe yet. But you gotta remember- Shroomsday tired us out. Of course we weren’t ready for Shadhema alone. And even if Shadhema’s that strong, she’s taking care of the Koopalings’ castle already.
Everyone realizes this.
NYA: The Slurple is right. This is a great opportunity to eliminate two Paratroopas with one stone! We can eliminate the Koopalings’ base AND dethrone Shadhema.
HUEY: ... But that leads to another problem. How exactly are we going to fight Shadhema? I’m a tough guy, but man, did that eclipse wave burn! And combined with her little sparkle trick...
PITHOLL: ...the WORKshop!
Everyone looks at Pitholl and Cucleer.
PITHOLL: THINK about it- even the KING wouldn’t be so dumb to think that his GIRL was all peaches and daisies! He probably made something INCREDIBLE, just in case he ever had to fight her!
CUCLEER: The King made you, Huey, to guard the island...BUT YOU DON’T THINK HE WOULDN’T HAVE A PLAN READY?!
HUEY: You’re-right. You’re all right. I’m supposed to be the island’s guardian here, but you’re putting me out of a job with your ideas! What would I do without you guys?
NYA: Do not put yourself down so much, Huey. You have proven yourself most helpful and supportive during this journey, too. Your greatest trial likely still waits when we face Shadhema!
HUEY: Mario, Nya, Edwin, Kidd, Musketeers, that Toad near the town entrance....thanks.
NAVIGA T: Oh...Uh, I didn’t even do anything. But no problem.
O’CHUNKS: Yeh welcome, Huey-boy! Now, let’s head teh tha’ workshop!
Everyone’s surprised at O’Chunks.
KIDD: Wait- when you say we, you don’t mean-?
O’CHUNKS: Tha’s right- ah’m comin’ with yeh, too! Consider it payin’ Maria back in full! After tha’ las’ battle, he’ll need all the strength he can find!
O’CHUNKS JOINED THE PARTY! Press the Y Button to Shoulder Bash, allowing O’Chunks to destroy large objects! In battle, O’Chunks can use Chunks Twister to spin all enemies into a tornado, inflicting extra damage on ground-based ones! While fighting alongside Mario, O’Chunks encourages Mario to Chunk Up, ignoring enemy Defense and almost all Defensive perks, in exchange for taking extra damage [x1.5]!
O’CHUNKS [ i.imgur.com/iElQyhj.png ]: Lead the way, Maria! There’s bound teh be somethin’ in that workshop!
EDWIN: What are you two going to do, Pitholl and Cucleer?
PITHOLL: Goooood QUESTION, Edwin! We’re off to look for Khairacles! Maybe HE can help us!
CUCLEER: If we don’t come back, here’s something to remember us by...
Cucleer gives Edwin and Mario a feather.
MARIO GOT A MUSKETEER FEATHER!
CUCLEER: Just looking at that feather gets me to reminiscing...YOU TRY IT, TOO!
Cucleer picks up Pitholl.
PITHOLL: AWAAAAY, Cucleer! The Great KHAIracles aWAITS!
Cucleer and Pitholl fly off.

PARTNER ATTACKS
O'CHUNKS- Chunks Twister

Target: All enemies
Damage: 11 (normally), 22 (ground enemies)

+Parts 4 of Merluvlee’s story is unlocked.

PART 4
“When I returned to Prism Island, Shadhema’s spirit had broken free of bodily limits. Upon learning what had happened in Pastelora, she grew furious, unleashing her full ancient power to new limits. Not even Draggadon could stand up to such might- he was punished for his bravery. And Aace had still not returned to the island to calm her majesty down.”
“Though I was weakened from my previous battle, I knew what had to be done. Using a technique known among the ancients, I changed Shadhema into something else...a fairy.”
“Keeping the monster’s crowns and empowered ruler altogether began to strain my power. I then beget an epiphany- to save my home from destruction, I would have to leave with the wicked magicks I sealed away. I did not want to leave my husband and children behind, but I had no choice.”
“Eventually, I found an uninhabited planetoid. It was here I was finally able to relieve myself of the stress. But the fairy who formerly ruled Prism Island grew lonely- she needed a friend.”
2 MEGA JUMPS, 2 MEGA HAMMERS, 2 MEGA MUSHROOMS

MERLUVLEE: And that is all for now. Once you find what you need to properly defeat Shadhema, I will tell you the end of the story.

THE AIRSHIP (cutscene)
+The Koopalings’ airship is flying, though barely.
LEMMY: That Black Bill was nothing but smoke and tears! The Black Paint within it disappeared as though it were a rabbit in a hat!
MORTON: At least we’ve got more paint back at the castle. Without it, I don’t wanna think how we’ll beat the Musketeers’ monster!
??????: That’s why I researched the paint to begin with, Morton- to give us an edge.
????: And there’s nothing edgier than black paint packed Bullet Bills fired from an airship! AHAHAHA!
Morton and Lemmy are surprised. They turn around to see Ludwig, Iggy, Wendy, Larry and Roy.
LEMMY: Brothers! Wendy! I thought the creature tore you apart with his mushroom bag. How is it you’re restored?
WENDY: Oh, you’re so cute when you worry, Lems!
LARRY: I think a great diet of fine culinary meals helped me fight it off. I can’t explain the others, though- probably baby fat.
ROY: Whatever, Larry. Let’s just get back to the castle. Then we’ll give this island all their paint back...after we mix it together! Bwahahaha!
MORTON: At this point, I’m willing to try anything, just to get rid of those annoying Musketeers! I’m so tired of fighting them, I see Coo Coos in my sleep!
LARRY: I wouldn’t mind a Coo Coo on a plate, actually.
??????????: (black speech bubble) Or the entire world.
LARRY: ...eh, I could probably fit that in during desert-
EVERYONE: !
Everyone turns around.
LUDWIG: My, that’s a new look for you two.
IGGY: And you got the Princess, too! AHAHAHA! This day just keeps getting better!
PEACH: (offscreen) Mmph! Mmph! Mmph nmph Jmmph!
The camera zooms out to show the airship from below.
WENDY: So, Morton- nice welcome back gifts! You know how to make your family happy!
MORTON: Yeah, about that, Wendy......I didn’t know they were back on the ship. They must have snuck on when we docked at the Trainworks-
The airship starts shaking.
MORTON: Hey, what the heck are you two doing to the pilot?! Wait, you’re not-! ...Oh my GRAAAAAAA-!
The airship shakes even more violently.
A few seconds later, the airship stops shaking.
BGM- ROYal Rumble (Black)
The airship then flies into the clouds above, some black paint dripping over.

BLOO BAY BEACH (OPTIONAL RECUT VISIT)
STORY

+Mario and co. return to the paradise of bliss. They find Nastasia.
O’CHUNKS: Nastasia, me lass!
NASTASIA: O’Chunks! You’re alive! And it’s 2:45, so you’re early!
O’CHUNKS: Sorry ah didn’ bring the salad, Nastasia- it got a l’il hairy.
NASTASIA: As long as you’re here, we don’t need lunch for another hour.
Nastasia’s stomache rumbles.
HUEY: Spoke too soon. You know what I recommend? A nice, juicy, moist burger. But, uh, I’d lay off the mushrooms.
Everyone laughs, as the screen blacks out.
ENm4ogD.jpg

The screen fades back in.
NASTASIA: So there’s still a lot left to take care of. But as long as you all work together, you’ll file this whole mess away by nightfall. And I don’t need a Book of Prophecies to know that.
Nastasia begins to walk away. However, she doubles back.
NASTASIA: While I was walking on the beach, I found this. When Birdo came by and saw it, she told me it’s not from around Prism Island. Maybe you can all investigate and write a report about it.
MARIO GOT THE PANIC SHARD! 2/4
Nastasia walks off for real.

DARK BLOO INN IV (OPTIONAL RECUT VISIT)
GAMEPLAY

+Return to the new room with the pod. By giving the Musketeer Feather as a sample...
POD: SAMPLE ACCEPTED. EXTRA OPPONENTS UNLOCKED. PLEASE CHOOSE WHO YOU WISH TO RE-ENGAGE IN COMBAT WITH.

EX BOSS TIME! PITHOLL & CUCLEER
LOCATION- Redpepper Crater Path to the Spring
BGM- Blades of the Musketeers
Pitholl
HP: 350
ATK: 24 (solo attack), 32 (duo attack part 1- slash then throw follow up), blade charge (charges Pitholl’s next attack by 3), 50 (downward sword slam- can only use while being carried), 45 (tropical slash [burn]- only used after Cucleer is KO’d)
Quotes used from Lighthouse Island fight.

Cucleer
HP: 250
ATK: 6x4 (solo attack), 7x3 (duo attack part 2- mirage slash), carry (carries Pitholl into the air, allowing both to dodge ground attacks), 16 x 3 (burning mirage slash- only used after Pitholl is KO’d)
Quotes used from Lighthouse Island fight.

+For defeating Pitholl and Cucleer’s EX forms, Mario gains a new Artifact- the Musketeer Sabers.

ARTIFACTS
Musketeer Sabers

Slots: 3
Effect: Musketeer-marked enemies and bosses take x1.2 the damage.

STARLIGHT WORKSHOP II
GAMEPLAY

+O’Chunks must be used in order to enter a new area of the Workshop.

ADDED ENEMIES
Carrishroom
Monstroom

STORY
+When Mario and co. enter the front hallway of the level, they see Shroomsday’s minions.
EDWIN: WAAAITasec! Shroomsday’s gone. How the heck are these guys still around?!
HUEY: It’s probably Shadhema. As long as she’s awake, the monsters aren’t leaving any time soon.
+Upon returning to the Starlight Workshop’s main hub, Mario and co. are surprised to discover...
EDWIN: There’s black paint everywhere?! But how?! We’re deep underground! There’s no way!
Huey looks horrified. Huey flies into the back room.
LOUIS: Where you goin’, uomo?!

+GAMEPLAY: Most of the Workshop is covered in black paint. This includes the paths to the left and right rooms. Therefore, Mario needs a new ability...

+When our heroes head to said room, the golden Huey statue is completely demolished! In addition, there’s a pattern of black paint on the ground, as well as a heap of ruined machines in the top right of the room. Not helped matters are the thin fences, Sound-marked stones, and large mounds of wreckage.
HUEY: Oh, SCRAP. The King’s not going to like this. He’s DEFINITELY not going to like this!
KIDD: Gold Thing! What the heck happened to it?! Did a wild Whomp tear it apart?!
NYA: There was a fight here. And look at this part of the statue! The damage is far different from what the rest suffered.
KIDD: If you ask me, someone poked Huey’s statue first, then something...broke out...
LOUIS: Huey, amico- what was in the statue oro?
HUEY: Another point on our “save Prism Island” checklist. (quietly) And one of the worst threats the world’s ever faced.
TOADSWORTH: The...Princess...Help...her...
EVERYONE: !

+GAMEPLAY- Mario must travel to the top right of the room. To do this, Nya, O’Chunks and Marirana are required.

Eventually, Mario and co. hurry to where the voice is coming from.
Mario pulls out Toadsworth...as well as a Tailed Goomba with three leaves on his forehead.
NYA: Sir Toadsworth! What happened in this workshop?
TOADSWORTH: The Princess and Kitanu believed Bowser Junior would come here, sooner or later. They heard Master Larry had located the secret base of the Musketeers. I tried to talk them out of it, but the Princess refused. When we arrived, that Kolorado fellow was investigating the room. The Princess wanted to take a few Artifacts home, and...then, it all went black. In my sleep, however, I heard a dreadful sound I’ve heard one time too many- the Princess, kidnapped.
Toadsworth looks depressed again.
TOADSWORTH: Perhaps...perhaps the Princess would be better off without this old man. I’m supposed to serve as her royal vassal. Yet I’m too old and weak to even fend for myself. It’s always Master Mario who the Princess finds herself in the arms of. Even Master Luigi performs admirably. Why does the Princess even tolerate me?
??????: Because you are her closest friend.
TOADSWORTH: !
Everyone looks over to see the Tailed Goomba.
NYA: Kitanu! It is good to see you as you truly are!
TAILED GOOMBA/KITANU [ i.imgur.com/JUhkUxR.png ]: “Kitanu”? Hmm...though I have not heard that name, I have sensed it within my being. But there is a more important matter at hand...Toadsworth.
TOADSWORTH: Save your words, Kitanu. I know when I’m no longer required...
KITANU: I believe you are. I do not know what this Princess acts like when it is just the two of you. But going by the current conversation, you have probably been by her side for longer than this Mario. She has probably told you things not even Mario knows about. And leaving her is not going to solve anything. She will have even less protection, she will not have her most faithful by her side...and she will lack her best friend. As I feel I am lacking...
Toadsworth looks slightly less depressed.
TOADSWORTH: I appreciate your words, Master Kitanu. They somewhat make this old man feel a little better. But...I need something more. Proof I can defend the Princess.
KITANU: The answer may be closer than you think. Do you feel it? The wind from behind this wall?
Sure enough, wind flows out of the northmost wall.
HUEY: The King’s secret chamber! I was so busy thinking about helping Ellshe last time, and everything that happened after, it completely slipped my mind!
KITANU: ...that other name too- “Ellshe”. One of honesty and- ahem. The strength of your largest will lead way to powering who feels they are weakest. I wish you luck on your final journey. I must search for my own answers...they are calling to me...
Kitanu walks off.
+Sure enough, when O’Chunks breaks the back wall down, there’s a secret doorway!

Back