Paper Mario Color Splash Recut- Act 2 (SPOILERS FOR CHAPTERS 5-6 OF REAL GAME)

STARLIGHT WORKSHOP (new level!)
NEW BGM- Metal Gated Garden (“crystal” synthesis sound, factory feel, echoes, medium paced song)
PLACEHOLDER BGMS- Mining Melancholy (Donkey Kong Country 2), Dangerous (Michael Jackson), I Can Feel In the Air Tonight (Naturally 7)

GAMEPLAY
+This stage is more focused on partner abilities than before, as well as the abstract ways they can be utilized. All Color and Partner abilities must be used to hit four switches, opening the way to the boss room.
PUZZLE 1 (right): Use Cut-Out to create a staircase path to an upper area with moving buzzsaws. Then, use Louis and time your Memphawk Jumps across the buzzsaws.
PUZZLE 2 (right): Use the Paint Hammer on a bubble machine so it creates bubbles. Then, enter with Marirana. Finally, use Marirana’s Sound Boom Blast to spread the paint all at once, activating the switch.
PUZZLE 3 (left): Use Edwin to pull two large Star Wheels on a path together. Upon joining, they will create a series of poles for Edwin to navigate. However, in addition to the Star Wheels moving while pole-vaulting, Mario must also beware buzzsaws.
PUZZLE 4 (left): Hit the Unfurl Block to attain Unfurl Status for 20 seconds. Then, use Kidd to Dash through the course and reach the Unfurl object (a globe that turns into a staircase). Following this, return to the Unfurl Block again. When Mario reaches the top of the staircase, he must switch to Nya to Vanish through the thin fences and reach the second Unfurl Object (a hollow globe with the switch inside).

OLD ENEMIES
Buzzy Beetle
Dry Bones
Mystery Creature 1
Mystery Creature 2

NEW ENEMIES
Dark Boo
[RECUT ENEMY]- i.imgur.com/Be1U3aA.png
HP: 30
ATK: 9 (spook phantasm)
DEF: 0
MARK: Musketeer
Shares quotes with Boo.

Dark Boosketeer [RECUT ENEMY]- i.imgur.com/KlcEXld.png
HP: 36
ATK: 18 (down slash), 18 (dash slash)
Shares quotes with Boosketeer.

Spike Top- i.imgur.com/vgqgv24.png
HP: 21
ATK: 15 (shell attack), 32 (ceiling drop- two turn attack)
DEF: 6 (spiked)
MARK: None

Corona Golem [RECUT ENEMY]- i.imgur.com/F9MkObL.png
HP: 45
ATK: 22 (single punch), 12 x 2 (double jump punch)
DEF: 4
MARK: None
QUOTE 1: TARGET IDENTIFIED- Mario. SOURCE- bushy moustache.
QUOTE 2: ENGAGE Fist Assault in 3-2-1...
QUOTE 3: TARGET Mario NOT MOBILE. QUERY: he IS eating.
QUOTE 4 (if Mario blocks attack): Attack maneuver FAILURE. INITIATE- PRAYER TO KEEP PARTS.
QUOTE 5 (if Mario doesn’t block attack): Ground Punch maneuver SUCCESS. REQUEST fresh paint change.
QUOTE 6 (if Kidd is out): TARGET IDENTIFIED- female Vellbex. REQUEST LOCATION OF Rescue Squad members.
QUOTE 7 (near defeat): System FAILURE. Blight- BLINDING.
9z5X4cI.jpg

STORY
+Upon entering the level...
HUEY: We’re finally here! It seems a little dark, though- maybe he hasn’t payed the electric bill...
NYA: That is enough theatrics, Huey. Tell us what this place is, so we can find the Grand Paint Star and help Ellshe.
Nya gets Ellshe out.
ELLSHE: ...no more...Luma Bit Shakes...K-girl...
HUEY: Sorry, Nya! You’re right- we should look for the Grand Paint Star. It’s just- I thought you guys would be happy, seeing where I was built!
KOLORADO: Wait, what?! You were created HERE!? Then that means...this must be a secret workshop of the island’s King! There could be Artifacts no-one’s even heard of before, or even undiscovered Things!
HUEY: Yeah, you might even get to see some of it! But the Grand Paint Star comes first.
KOLORADO: ...I suppose so. Once again, my treasure hunt is sidelined by some kind of starfish...

+Mario and co. arrive at a door that isn’t illuminated.
HUEY: Oh, we’re almost there! Just beyond that door is my favorite part of the workshop itself- the main room itself! We just need to open the door with the five switches, and we’re in!
NYA: Do not excite yourself too much, Huey. We may have company.
HUEY: What? But we’re the first ones in here in centuries. I’m the only one on the island who knows about this workshop-
NYA: I would look twice before confirming that statement.
Huey looks. There’s scuff marks on the floor.
HUEY: What the- where did these scuff marks come from?!
KOLORADO: It looks to me someone’s been using the door to- THE ARTIFACTS!
Kolorado tries ramming the door.
HUEY: But I’m the only one who-!
EDWIN: Aace. He’s an old guy. He might have found out about it over the span of his life, though I don’t know how. And there’s only one reason he’d use this door...
HUEY: The Grand Paint Star! He must have brought it here for safekeeping! Then we really do need to tour that room!

+On the left side of the laboratory, they find some Musketeers.
HUEY: Hey! What do you think you’re doing, messing around with the King’s stuff?!
DARK BOOSKETEER: I’ll have you know, metal sir, we’ve proven quite careful in our training within the west halls of this institute!
DARK BOO: You’ve insulted my friend’s honor, naïve bucket. Now, you must reap the consequences!
DARK BOOSKETEER 2: My name is Boogo Saber-toyah. You upset my brother. Prepare to diet!

+After the battle...
EDWIN: These Musketeers- they’re much tougher than the ones at the Emerald Circus I trained at! What would Aace need guys this buff for? And why here?

+On the right side of the lab, there’s a troop of captive Mystery Creatures.
Mario is surprised.
KIDD: Those creatures from the tunnels! What’re these Ghoulies thinking, trying to keep them captive?
BOOSKETEER: G-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-GOAT! The goat woman! She’s come to get us!
The Boosketeer presses a switch, freeing the creatures from their cage.
BOOSKETEER: SAVE me, Curly! SAVE me, Slappy! And SAVE US ALL, BRIAN!

+After defeating the three creatures...
BOOSKETEER: NO! They were my wingmen! And my ride! AND my Picross pals! AAAAAAAACE!
The Boosketeer flies out like a coward.
KIDD: All this, just to stop me? Heh- guess that guy wasn’t cut to be a Musketeer.
EDWIN: Yeah, I...guess, Kidd.
KIDD: You’re not laughing.
HUEY: Eh, it was decent.
EDWIN: You kind of joined after...you know, I’m not thinking about that anymore- what’s done is done. I’m just- shocked Aace would keep these creatures so close to the Musketeers.
NYA: ...who is this Aace?
EDWIN: I honestly don’t know, Nya. He just let me join so I could fill my pockets to help my- never mind.

+Upon toggling the first four switches, a fifth one appears before the big door.
HUEY: Last one, Mario. This one’s all yours, pal.
Mario nods. He uses his hammer.
The door lights up, revealing the shape of a large starry individual engraved on it.
MARIRANA: Wow, Huey- tha’ quite a dec’ration yer king left on the door. Must’a been a big fella’.
HUEY: Well, it’s certainly got Mario impressed.
This is true, as Mario is floored at the image on the door...
HUEY: And that’s not just any decoration, Marirana. That’s an image of my creator, and the king of this island. He even had this really awesome name- Starmageddon!
gLY5mim.jpg

EVERYONE: ...
EDWIN: Wow. And I was giving Pirra T a hard time over his name. But yeah- I can see why the islanders just call him the King.
LOUIS: Yeah- so that would make St- the King your papa, right?
HUEY: (happy) I guess it does, Louis! I’m sure he won’t mind if you call HIM “Mr. Bucket Sr.”, if you really want. He’s not around, anyways.
LOUIS: Where is he, then, Huey amico?
HUEY: ...it’s been so long since I’ve seen His Majesty. I want to say...700 years?
MARIO: ?
LOUIS: Huey, amcio, that doesn’t sound right-
HUEY: I know. One minute, I’m just flying around the lab, watching the King build some new machines. The next, I’m blinded and being carried in secret to Prisma Fountain. And I have this feeling there’s something he wanted me to take care of, but I can’t remember what-!
LOUIS: That’s not what I mean, tipo pazzo! I mean- the King went missing 1200 years ago. There’s no way he could have built you! It must’ve been someone else.
HUEY: But it WAS the King! He found a-
WARIO: He found a-way to a-stretch out a-long story, yehehe!
WALUIGI: ZZzzzzzzzz- boh-RING! Where’s a-the explosions and a-the tacos?
Everyone turns around to see Wario and Waluigi.
KIDD: You two again?! Look, you failed your jobs, and I turned over a new lea-
WALUIGI: WHAAAAoooow! I a-don’t care, purple a-lady! I a-want our a-coins!
WARIO: No- I a-want our coins! YOU a-just want to take a-the credit!
WALUIGI: If a-you’re a-so smart, then why a-don’t we take a-their Paint Star for a-ransom?
WARIO: ...hurgh. For a-once, the credit is a-yours...
Wario lights himself on fire. He then dashes past Mario and the gang.
WARIO: Later, a-losers! WahahahahaowowowOW HOT!
WALUIGI: Yeh, we’re a-gonna mess you a-up!
Waluigi walks past them.
KOLORADO, HUEY: The King’s Artifacts!
KOLORADO: I won’t let these ne’er-do-wells damage valuable goods! SEIZE YOUR MOVEMENT!
Kolorado dashes in.
HUEY: Mario, this is bad! We should save first, then head in there! I wouldn’t recommend it the other way around!

+Upon entering the inner workshop, Mario and co. find the Tangerine Grand Paint Star, encased in a star-like machine. Wario and Waluigi try to break it, but they can’t. Meanwhile, Kolorado is trying to pull on Waluigi.
WARIO: ARGGGH! Stupid a-machine!
WALUIGI: Wah! Wah! Wah! Give us the Paint Star, so we can a-get our a-money from a-that cheating a-goat! And a-stop pulling on me, old a-Koopa!
KOLORADO: Are you two DAFT?! This machine...could give us insight...on the ancient technology of Prism Island!
NYA: Mario! I do not mean to alarm you, but our Sticker Fairy friend is losing her color again!
This is true, as Ellshe is now becoming less saturated.
KIDD: Alright, let’s break this up. This is just getting sad, anyways...
As Mario and co. dash to Wario and Waluigi, they pass by a large gold Huey statue with no opening. It starts to violently rumble.
MARIO: ?
NYA: What was that?
Wario and Waluigi start banging on the machine more.
HUEY: Never mind the rumbling!
Mario and friends continue to Wario and Waluigi, not noticing the statue rumble again.
Wario and Waluigi turn around.
WALUIGI: So, you a-really want this Paint Star that a-bad? Then it’ll a cost you...
WARIO: Yeah, Wahaha...if you a-pay us 5000 coins, we’ll a-just step out of the a-way. If you a-cheap a-out again, though...we a-fight. What do you-a say?
NO
WARIO: Fine- then we a do-it the a hard way!

MINIBOSS TIME! WARIO AND WALUIGI 2.5
This is almost exactly the same as the second encounter. The changes are the following...
+Their HP is halved.
EXTRA KIDD QUOTE (WARIO): I’m a-gonna make you wish you a-never pushed me off a-that cliff!
EXTRA KIDD QUOTE (WALUIGI): Where’s Waluigi’s a-MONEY, goatee?

After the optional battle...
WALUIGI: Waaaah! No a-fair!
WARIO: Grrrrrr! No-one a-cheats WARIO out of his money!

YES
Mario walks over and gives the wicked duo a huge coin bag, subtracting those funds from the wallet.
Wario and Waluigi are surprised.
WALUIGI: Wah- you’re a not pulling Waluigi’s leg! We can have the a-money for a-real?
WARIO: Wahahaha! I’mma going a-build another company with a-that money!

+Regardless of what happens...
??????????: Is money really important in your future, gentlemen? Because maybe it would be if I wiped you out now.
EVERYONE: ?
Everyone turns around to see a blowing blue robot guy with a huge, spikey crown and wavy robot limbs. However, his face is all pixelated, except for the glasses.
WALUIGI: Who’s a-this long-limbed a-jerk?
Mario and Huey are surprised.
?????????? [ i.imgur.com/omLYrn0.png ]: Hubert! It’s been far too long, my creation.
HUEY: ...Starmageddon? Is that you?! Have you been working out?
KOLORADO: What- that’s the King of Prism Island?! But where’s the rest of him!? I thought he’d be twenty times bigger!
STARMAGEDDON: Indeed, I am the Blight King himself! ...or, at least a holo-duplicate of him. You must understand- I was banished to another dimension by my TREACHEROUS BACKSTABBING PARTNER after a little altercation. And a further misunderstanding with the locals...maaaaay have cost me my original body.
EDWIN: Then how’d you get back here?
STARMAGEDDON: As luck would have it, I found a portal inside a museum sort-of out of the way. It led back to this dimension, to the area that would become this workshop. Over time, I used my engineering expertise to create a simple body very similar to the only species who lives on my island- the Toads.
LOUIS: ...Uh, Your Majesty? You’re joking, right? A lot of other species live on your island, signore.
KIDD: And YOU were the one who rallied the Ve-!
STARMAGEDDON: Yessss, the Toad- the simplest, most unremarkable creature on the planet! However, this lead to another dilemma- my false body would not be able to go toe-to-toe with who I thought was my sealed partner or her remaining minions. Nor would it prove the task of *BZZZZZT*. I created Huey to *BZZZZZT*, you know. For the former two, meanwhile, I would need my original body- and it was being kept heavily guarded in the other dimension. So, I built various mechsuits to deal with security. And, my friends, you’re looking at a hologram of the finished mechsuit now. ...though I keep another one in this lab, just to be safe.
HUEY: See, guys? The King’s cool like that, always having a plan! When he gets back with his real body, he’s going to bathe the island in color and dances! He’ll probably even bring a unicycling monkey- his kid’s favorite!
STARMAGEDDON: ...oh, I’m afraid my plans have changed since we last met, Hubert.
HUEY: ...wh-wh-what do you mean?
STARMAGEDDON: Over the years, while I whittled away at my secret museum workshop, I began to learn something from my partner’s betrayal- it’s not worth saving, this world. It’s too wicked and complicated, with the people who live on it. So after you *BZZZZZT* and I find my real body, I’d rather just blight out the whole world and start over again, with just Prism Island remade. Maybe the Decal Lands, too. It’s simpler that way, for everyone who survives. A new standard, if you will.
HUEY: But Your Majesty, you’ll end the games of BILLIONS! And there’s people I really like, on and off Prism Island!
STARMAGEDDON: Everyone I care about on this planet is no longer with us. There’s no point in this world if she’s gone...
KIDD: ...that’s still no excuse, old man.
STARMAGEDDON: What did you say, Vellbex? You question your king?!
KIDD: Until a few hours ago, I thought the same thing, too. I thought there was no point anymore, with someone I cared about no longer in my arms. And it’s going to hurt for a long time. But I know now- I have to keep dashing forward.
STARMAGEDDON: If only it were that simple, Vellbex woman. No wonder I lost that battle...your race is too emotional!
Starmageddon charges up his laser busters.
HUEY: Your Majesty, no!
Huey flies in front of Kidd.
STARMAGEDDON: Are you standing against me too, Hubert?!
HUEY: (angry) I’m doing what I was built for- guarding Prism Island from anything that threatens it! And if your real self is like this, he’s not getting a warm colored welcome!
RSQGdwD.jpg

Mario jumps.
STARMAGEDDON: ...Mario!? You’re HERE!? But that’s not possible- that would mean-!
Starmageddon looks steamed.
STARMAGEDDON: You’ve already ruined my plans, plumber! You destroyed my partner before I could! And you have no idea what lurks on this island! By my order, YOU WILL BE ELIMINATED!

NEW BGM- A Calamitous Clash (kinda fast song, turning gears, twinkling stars, “revs up” halfway through the song, slows back to normal before looping)
PLACEHOLDER BGMs- Heavy Lobster (Kirby and the Rainbow Curse), Egg Dragoon (Sonic Generations)

BOSS TIME! STARMAGEDDON REPLICA
HP: 430
ATK: 9 x 4 (Jet Laser Buster cannon) 26 (stardust explosion [burn]), 60 (air drop- grabs Mario the first turn, then drops him the second turn), 15 x 3 (triple meteor drop)
DEF: 3
MARK: None.
QUOTE 1: I’m not just a handful! I’m a whole star itself! ...or at least I was.
QUOTE 2: It’s amazing, isn’t it? How one rotund carpenter like you can hinder me, just as much as they help?
QUOTE 3: Allow me to demonstrate the reality of your situation, and rip your ideals asunder!
QUOTE 4: None of you are a challenge for my hologram’s body.
QUOTE 5: So you’re the newest to challenge this hologram?
QUOTE 6: If you insist sticking by this wild card plumber, Hubert, then allow me to SEND you to OBLIVION!
QUOTE 7 (triple meteor attack blocked): That was one of the Royal Family’s secret techniques! Have you come across it before...?
QUOTE 8 (after Wario’s attack): Oh, you burn the burn. But do you douse the dough?
QUOTE 9 (after Waluigi’s attack): Stick to something simpler. Like Tennis- a Royal Family tradition!
QUOTE 10 (near defeat): You think...this is it? That I wouldn’t have a plan ready?!
+Wario and Waluigi watch from the sidelines.
+After Starmageddon uses his stardust explosion, it ignites Wario. This leads to Wario inflicting damage on both Mario and Starmageddon. Who he attacks first depends on which way he’s looking.
+After Starmageddon uses his triple meteor drop, Waluigi is buried in the ground. This leads to Waluigi grabbing either Mario or Starmageddon, incapacitating his target for a turn. Who he attacks depends on which way he’s looking.

+Upon defeating Starmageddon...
STARMAGEDDON: This isn’t possible! The mech data for this suit was supposed to be unstoppable! Not even a King could hope to scratch it! Maybe I should have used the other suit, P8R8D3, after all. Why didn’t I listen to Aa-!?
The hologram explodes. The force of it frees the Tangerine Grand Paint Star, while also launching Wario and Waluigi out the roof.
WARIO: WAAAAAAAAAH This whole trip was a-waste of WarioWare a-resources!
WALUIGI: Waluigi will a-get you next a-tiiiiiiiiime....!
Twinkle.
KIDD: Talk about a lucky gas! The Tangerine Grand Paint Star!
HUEY: My wish! My wish came true! Wait...I bet the shooting star heard our wishes, and paved us a path to this...workshop! That means that your wishes will also come true, guys! I bet even yours, Kidd!
KIDD: Really? You think so, Huey?
HUEY: I know so, Kidd.
KIDD: That’s...really thoughtful of you, Huey. I’m sorry about what the King’s become, though. What I could have become.
Huey looks sad.
HUEY: It-does hurt, seeing him become so bitter.
Huey then returns to normal.
HUEY: But hey, I got you guys- it’s all I could ever need. And at least Prism Island and the whole world are in one piece!
KOLORADO: Good fortune to you, fellows! You can have that star- I’ll just look around the lab for any revolutionary finds!
LOUIS: You heard the Koopa! Let’s grab this Grand Paint Star, amici, and make our wishes come true!
MARIO GOT THE TANGERINE GRAND PAINT STAR!
+After leaving upon the Tangerine Grand Paint Star, the large gold Huey statue continues rumbling.
KOLORADO: It’d be best to stay away from that, too.

+The Tangerine Grand Paint Star re-awakens Draggadon...
DRAGGADON: S......d....m! S....DH....! WH.R...A.E...U?! S.....d....m.......RAUUUUGH!
lOpdShE.jpg

LUIGI INTERLUDE- THE EMERALD CIRCUS (UNCOLORED)
GAMEPLAY

+Pretty much a re-enactment of the actual Emerald Theatre, to a point.
+While Daisy is in Luigi’s party, Luigi recovers 10 HP at the start of his turn.

OLD ENEMIES
Boosketeer
Blue Koopa
Blue Paratroopa
Lepbeller
Monkhaira
Drybake Pokey

NEW ENEMIES
Dino Rhino

HP: 50
ATK: 20 (dash attack), 24 (slam attack), 30 (fire breath). Uses all three in a row if alongside a Tamer enemy and the Tamer enemy is KO’d.

POLLINATOR FLOWERS
Battle 1- Red
Battle 2- Blue
Battle 3- Yellow

STORY
+Luigi, Daisy, Nabana and Roy re-awaken to find themselves in the Emerald Circus’ back room.
DAISY: Green? Green, this is no time to sleep!
LUIGI: Eughgughguh- that’s a...Mama Green to you...a-Mario...
NABANA: Wake up, mon!
LUIGI: Eughgugh huh huh WHAT? Where are a-we?
ROY: Wherever we are, old man, you got us into this. Good going. No, really- I had nothing better to do.
LUIGI: What- how did a-I get us a-caught?! If you hadn’t a-fought us, we a-could have a-scaped!
ROY: I could’ve escaped. I just didn’t feel like it, so I could make it more of a challenge.
DAISY: Yeah, sure. And I’m a dinosaur.
ROY: Well, uh- you barely show up in anything. So BOOM.
????: Folks, folks, let’s not fight among yourselves. It might throw your minds off what’s in store for you.
Aace floats in. Accompanying him is Perry and Khairacles.
NABANA: So, you’re the ghost leading these edgy Musketeers! This banana’s never wrong, mon!
AACE: Indeed I am, son. You’re already familiar with Perry and Khairacles.
ROY: Whatever your names are, old man, I’m bringing the boom with my- hey, where’s my wand!?
TC9CVsL.jpg

PERRY: You mean THIS?
Perry tosses the wand upward.
AACE: I’m afraid I can’t let you keep your wand, boy. It’s too dangerous to leave in your hands. That’s why I’m leavin’ Perry here in charge of it.
PERRY: That’s right, ex-Master Roy! It’s just the way things are- you have to be on the winning team if you want to play the game.
ROY: You double-crossing Goomba! You jump ship every time things get too tough for you! As soon as I get free, I’m coming for that wand! Then, I’m gonna-!
AACE: Khairacles?
KHAIRACLES: The Great Khairacles will handle the little turtle.
Khairacles slicks the back of his hair.
Khairacles grabs Roy. He then runs off with him. Some punching sounds are heard.
Khairacles returns with a roughed-up Roy.
ROY: Is- that all you- got? You large...monkey...?
Roy faints.
KHAIRACLES: No-one can stand up to the Great Khairacles’ strength. Except the Great Khairacles’ lawyer.
NABANA: I could take you both down without my goggles, mon-key! Not only am I the strongest Sticker Fairy on my home planet- I’m the most legally-knowledgeable, too!
KHAIRACLES: ...HUKK HUKK HUKK! You amuse The Great Khairacles, talking banana! The Great Khairacles feels you would have been his friend in another life. Sadly, you are not. For your libel, expect to hear from the Great Khairacles’ lawyer soon. The Great Khairacles expects long green bananas.
Khairacles runs off.
AACE: Well, now that we’ve all calmed down some, let’s get to the matter at hand- I need to test you folks. And I also need to entertain my Musketeers. Perry, bring these folks to the front of the stage!
PERRY: Right away, Aace! Alright, Luigi- this time, I’m leading y-! I mean, follow me!
Luigi, Daisy and Nabana follow Perry.

+Upon reaching center stage...
PERRY: Ladies and gentlemen, Boos and Boosketeers, comrades and Cutlads...welcome to the Emerald Circus!
EVERYONE IN CROWD: Yaaaaaay!
PERRY: And we’ve got a great show for you today! TO bring even more green to our festivities, presenting- the king of second bananas himself! He used to faint at the sight of half your beautiful faces! He even had an entire year dedicated to him for some reason! (I don’t see the appeal...) The one- the only- LUIGI!
Only a few claps are heard.
LUIGI: Oh...
PERRY: Maybe our NEXT performer will bring a brighter reaction! She rules the exotic lands of Sarasaland! She’s usually Peach’s partner in tennis! Several people think there’s something going on between her and Luigi! (...Really, guys?) I’m talking about the punk with petal power herself, DAISYYYYYYYY!
DAISY: Hi, I’m DAIsy!
EVERYONE IN CROWD: HI, DAISY!
Daisy pulls a Turtley Leaf out to use as a hand fan, to the applause of the Musketeers. She then eats it.
LUIGI: (quietly) You a-didn’t eat your Turtley Leaves yet?
DAISY: (quietly) I saved a few to snack on later, green. I actually still have one left, if you w-
PERRY: And finally, this random talking banana we found! Nabana!
Nabana enters the stage.
EVERYONE: Huh...?
BOOSKETEER: Methinks Lord Khairacles is pulling a prank...
MONKHAIRA: Oooh- NaBAna...
Nabana flies in front of Luigi.
NABANA: Haw. Haw. Haw. This is my kind of crowd!
Nabana flexes his dreadlocks. Unfortunately, Luigi trips on Nabana.
LUIGI: Oof!
EVERYONE: ...hahahahahaha!
BOOSKETEER: Hahaha! Perhaps I spoke too soon! This prank IS the entertainment!
LUIGI: N-yeeeeh...
PERRY: Alright- everyone’s had their laughs? Then let’s begin today’s act!

WAVES (LUIGI)
1: Dino Rhino x2, Boosketeer x 3 (until Dino Rhinos are KO’d). KOing Boosketeer allows Dino Rhinos to use wild combo.
tFwuD20.jpg

2: Balancing Blue Koopas x3, Drybake Pokey
3: Lepbeller x2 and Blue Paratroopa Ring of Fire

+After defeating all 3 waves...
PERRY: I don’t believe it, folks! Seriously- Luigi and his crew actually outlasted today’s performers, some of our strongest! Oh, that Lepbeller’s going to feel the burn tonight!
EVERYONE: Yeah, Luigi!
LUIGI: Wa-HAH! Forget the Year of Luigi- let’s a-make this the DECADE of-!
NABANA: Way to go, bredren! You kept up with the big Nabana himself! Even if I could have done it better!
DAISY: And I helped keep Green alive!
PERRY: Alright- that’s today’s show everyone! Thanks for watching! And remember why these shows are possible on your missions- the Justice of the Musketeers!
EVERYONE: JUSTICE!
The crowd leaves.
PERRY: Phew, that was a party! OK, let’s head back the way we-
AACE: You may leave, Perry. However, I have other plans.
Aace arrives.
PERRY: What are you talking about, Aace?
AACE: I’m afraid this doesn’ concern you, son.
PERRY: O-OK. Well, uh, see you guys later, then...
Perry slowly walks out the back.
A large green ape hand deposits Roy.
ROY: Yeah, you better put me down. I could have spiked your fur if I wanted to, anyways.
AACE: You are dismissed, Khairacles.
KHAIRACLES: The Great Khairacles would like to challenge them in battle-
AACE: Khairacles. You are among the few who know the “details”.
KHAIRACLES: ...The Great Khairacles reluctantly accepts. But the Great Khairacles would have liked to test the little banana man over...HIM.
Khairacles runs off.
ROY: What is it, old man? Need a hair trimmer?
AACE: There is- a friend of mine who wants to test Luigi and Daisy. As well as deal with you, Roy. But, let’s just say- he likes his privacy, and performs poorly in front of a large crowd.
Aace gets out a Save Block, as well as five HP Recovery Hearts.
AACE: You should save firs’, son. That circus act must have strained you mightily, and I’d hate to think of you doin’ that all over again.
+After talking with Aace again...
AACE: So, you’re all ready to meet my friend, fellas? Very good.
Aace floats out the front door.
AACE: They’re all yours to test.
Beat.
DAISY: So...where is this guy?
?????????????: (red textbox) I’m here. I’ve always been here. And I must say, I still haven’t decided on your merits.
Everyone looks around.
ROY: OK, why don't you come out and show yourself? Unless you're too chicken to get some.
Suddenly, a giant, dark red flower with jagged orange leaves and a green stem rises from below the platform. Two paler, smaller plants follow suit. Strangely, none of these shapes have paper outlines.
Ten yellow eyes- two big, eight small- illuminate the main flower.
????????????? [ i.imgur.com/0ifyZtR.png ]: There we are.
LUIGI: Y-y-y-y-y-y-yy-y-you're-!
?????????????: You're as ungainly as ever, Luigi. And here I thought your trek through the woods would strengthen your character.
DAISY: It's a giant killer flower! ...Cool!
NABANA: Aw, yeah! Now THIS looks like a challenge for the prime Sticker Fairy himself!
ROY: Alright, you're bigger than I thought you'd be! But it's nothing I can't handle without my- oh right...PERRY!
Perry peeks through the back curtain.
PERRY: Did someone call myEYEYEEYEYEY! What's THAT?!?
Perry leaves.
ROY: Hey, get back here. I just want to talk. About you giving my wand back. After I sock you in the face!
Roy jumps over the flower monster's buds. He then heads out the back.
?????????????: He can leave. He's destined to never return, anyways.
DAISY: Good riddance. He's kind of a jerk, anyway.
NABANA: We don't need him! I can take this overgrown weed on by myself, mon!
?????????????: "...overgrown weed"? There's only one other who's ever called me that- and I despise him! If you want us to have a friendly relationship, you should call ME by MY real name...Sporepocalypse!

BGM- Supreme Sparkling King (Paper Mario Sticker Star [Recut])- extra guitar phaser added
BOSS TIME! SPOREPOCALYPSE
HP: 300 (main flower), 30 (buds- regenerate 2 turns after being KO%u2019d)
ATK: Flower combo attack (20 (main flower), 10 (small tendrils)), 60 (laser blast), 44 (head crush), Red pollen (Burns Luigi if not blocked), Blue pollen (makes Luigi wet if not blocked), Yellow pollen (Shocks Luigi if not blocked), Purple pollen (poisons Luigi if not blocked)
DEF: Halves all damage
MARK: Sporepocalypse (allied enemies are trapped in time after 2 turns)
QUOTE 1: Hmm, you're a very strange group.
QUOTE 2: This is too easy- a waste of my time.
QUOTE 3: Defeat ME, and I'LL arrange a nice little tea party. Fail, and I'LL still do so- only using what's left of you as a sweetener.
QUOTE 4: What a curious banana creature...something about you irritates ME.
QUOTE 5: You're taking far longer to pick your move than I foresaw.
QUOTE 6 (half of HP gone): You ARE doing much better than I expected...
QUOTE 7 (near defeat): What- what have you all wrought...?

+Midway through the battle...
SPOREPOCALYPSE: Impressive. Despite how horribly outmatched you are against MY strength, you still fight. So you have proven your perseverance, even when the future looks unpromising.
DAISY: That’s Green for you!
SPOREPOCALYPSE: But now, the real test begins. For now, I must see- how you perform alone!
Sporepocalypse’s vines grab Daisy and Nabana.
DAISY: HEY! Keep your pistles off, pal!
NABANA: This flower’s been working out, sista!
SPOREPOCALYPSE: If you can’t defeat ME alone, well, frankly, you weren’t worthy of finding & restoring what the Musketeers & I can’t- the treasure. Nor were you worthy of that letter.
LUIGI: ...it was a-you!?
SPOREPOCALYPSE: Not exactly. I merely advised an old friend of an impending situation. And Aace, MY friend Aace- he sent it. If you knew what was sleeping on this island, you wouldn’t blame ME for the extreme situation you find yourself in!
Sporepocalypse fully reheals his HP.
SPOREPOCALYPSE: Now- for your next test.
+After 2 turns, or if Luigi runs out of cards due to the loss of Nabana...
SPOREPOCALYPSE: I’ve tested you fully, and I can safely say- you aren’t worthy of finding the failsafe. It’s strange- I felt echoes across time of your many deeds, including those you haven’t carried out yet.
NABANA: LuIGI, mon! Don’t let this challenger end your game, bredren!
DAISY: Green! I mean LUIGI!
LUIGI: What do I a-do! I don’t have a-the strength or cards to take a-this thing! But I a-can’t leave a-my friends behind!
The BGM fades out.
SPOREPOCALYPSE: Good-bye, Luigi- AOOOH!
Sporepocalypse is hit for 30 damage by a splotch of red paint. This forces him to let go of Nabana and Daisy.
SPOREPOCALYPSE: What’s this!? Paint here!? But the area’s color hasn’t been restored!!
Perry runs into the scene.
PERRY: AACE! HE GOT THE WAND!
Perry runs away.
???: Who needs the local color when I’m around? And I brought my little friends!
BGM- ROYal Rumble
Roy enters the scene with his wand. Twelve Shy Guys are at the back stage door.
LUIGI: Roy?! You a-came back for us?!
DAISY: There’s a first time for everything.
NABANA: I guess he’s not such a bad guy, mon!
ROY: Don’t get mushy on me, banana. I could care less about you, Luigi or Mario. And if I run out of paint, I’ll use Luigi as ammo without thinking twice.
LUIGI: Oh NOOO.
ROY: But that guy- THAT guy’s bulbous head’s in World 7 if he thinks he’s outmuscling Roy Koopa. Because NOW I’m ready to rock and roll!
Roy transforms his wand into a cannon.
ROY: Here comes the BOOM, petal-boy. I told you you’d get some.
SPOREPOCALYPSE: But this isn’t how events played out in MY visions! And that paint- do you have any idea how-?
ROY: Bahahaha! That’s right- I’m gonna splat you with your island’s paint. How’s that for irony? Yeah, I know what irony is. BOOM. Knowledge is power, so I started going to night school.
SPOREPOCALYPSE: Then take knowledge in your presence meaning nothing, as I reroute the predetermined path!

+While Luigi does have a paint meter for this portion of this battle, Roy uses some of it every turn to attack. If there’s no paint left to use, Roy will keep to his word and use Luigi as ammo. While this inflicts 60 damage on Sporepocalypse, it also hurts Luigi immensely, inflicting 30 points of damage on him.
yAZbAZx.jpg

+After Sporepocalypse reaches half his HP again...
SPOREPOCALYPSE: This test’s gone off the rails, and turned into an actual conflict! Apologies, Luigi, but I must delay the battle for a moment.
Sporepocalypse creates a magic barrier.
+After a turn, Sporepocalypse wallops Roy on the head.
+If Luigi attacked the barrier during this turn, Sporepocalypse attacks him too.
SPOREPOCALYPSE: This is none of your concern yet, Luigi.
+Regardless...
ROY: Bah! This is too slow! Hey, guys, just bring me all the paint at once!
All the Shy Guys bring Roy all the colors of the rainbow.
After receiving every color, Roy violently shakes his cannon around.
NABANA: Luigi, mon, Roy here’s gone off his shell, like mah girlfriend Ellshe!
SPOREPOCALYPSE: Why would you mix all those colors around? The only thing that would accomplish is...oh no. OH NO!!!!
ROY: There we go! Ooh, that’s mixing up real nice...Get ready for a blackout, bulb boy!
SPOREPOCALYPSE: WaitwaitWAIT! Think about WHAT YOU’RE DOING-!!!
It’s too late, as Roy fires. To everyone’s horror, not only does the black paint destroy the time barrier on contact- it inflicts 200 damage on Sporepocalypse and his buds!
BGM- ROYal Rumble (Black)
SPOREPOCALYPSE: Augh...augh...AUGHGHGHHGHGH! THIS ISN’T THE FUTURE I WAS PROMI-!
Sporepocalypse’s eyes become very still. They then suddenly vanish.
ROY: Huh- it actually beat him. I was just winging it. Tsk. Well, now we know.
NABANA: And knowing is half the-
LUIGI: NABANA!
Nabana looks behind him. The blackened Sporepocalypse sways towards Nabana.
NABANA: *sigh* You’re top banana now, Luigi. Tell Kersti I won’t make it to the Falafal Eating Contest at home-
Sporepocalypse falls on Nabana, collapsing into black paint before hitting the ground.
The battle ends.

+After the battle...
LUIGI: Nabana....NABANA! Say a-something!
DAISY: How’ll we find him in all that black gunk, Luigi?
ROY: It’s not my problem, guys. I can’t believe Junior wanted this stuff confiscated! It’s AWESOME! We could turn the whole fight with the Musketeers around if we-
Suddenly, a cell phone starts ringing.
ROY: Oh, that’s me. Hold on a sec.
Roy walks off to talk on his phone.
LUIGI: There has to be a-something we can a-do for Nabana.
DAISY: ...waitaminute. I got an idea!
Daisy pulls a Turtley Leaf out of her pocket. She then focuses magical power upon it.
Within seconds, the Turtley Leaf grows huge.
DAISY: Watch this girl’s fanning, Luigi!
Daisy then uses the Turtley Leaf as a huge hand fan, blowing the black paint of Nabana.
Luigi hurries in to get Nabana.
DAISY: Poor Nabana...we have to find someone to help him!
LUIGI: We a-should get out of here. Aace a-may be back soon.
DAISY: ...Luigi?
LUIGI: This a-makes no sense. Nabana’s a-body is fine, but a-Sporepocalypse wasn’t a-so lucky. What a-is this stuff...?
ROY: You lovebirds done yet?
Roy comes back.
ROY: I’d love to test this cannon on you three now, but I’m in such a good mood, I’ll let you off this time. Junior wants me at Port Prisma to showcase his own toy. It’s probably another machine that breaks if you sneeze on it. Oh well- it’ll make for a nice laugh. I’m gonna laugh now, actually. Bahahahaha!
Roy runs off.
Rustling is heard outside the front door.
LUIGI: We’ll a-talk more on the a-way. I a-think we overstayed our a-welcome.
Luigi and Daisy hurry out the back with Nabana, not noticing the cracking mark of the Sticker Comet on the Sticker Fairy’s back...
Immediately after, Aace and Perry enter through the front.
AACE: How did he get the wand back from you, son?! And, what’s that horrible....SPOREPOCALYPSE!
Aace and Perry hurry over to the black paint mound.
AACE: Oh, oh no, Sporepocalypse...he didn’t stand a chance...
PERRY: Aace...I...I’m sorry...
AACE: Just...just leave me be, son. And don’t speak of our guest to anyone.
Perry slowly walks out.
BOO: Aace!
A Boo flies in, worried.
BOO: I just came back from- what happened here?
AACE: We...we lost a valuable member of the audience, Cadet. His Majesty bless him.
A moment of silence.
AACE: ...alright. Mmmmhmmm...Make this quick, Cadet.
BOO: Bowser Junior and his minions are planning an attack on Port Prisma!
AACE: Oh, is that all? I thought it would be something more-
BOO: That’s not all! I saw Bowser Junior whip something out when he thought no-one was looking! And...I think pictures do it justice than words.
Boo hands Aace some pictures.
AACE: What the-? Is that a-?!
PITHOLL: AACE! We’ve instigated a second RRRUN of Fort Cobalt! We finally found and copied that Koopa’s NOTES!
CUCLEER: What’s the nicest way to put it...? I know- HE’S ONE CREEPY LITTLE TURTLE!
Pitholl and Cucleer gives Aace some notes.
CUCLEER: Oh, and while we’re on the subject...WHERE THE HECK DID THAT BLACK PAINT COME FROM?!
Aace looks back and forth between both new pieces of evidence, growing more shocked.
PITHOLL: Aace? What’s the PROBLEM?
AACE: ...It all makes sense now! Why that little fella showed up! Gather almost all the Musketeers. Even Perry! I have a mighty smart idea!

PORT PRISMA- CHAPTER 5 INTERMISSION
+Upon arriving back in Town Square with the Tangerine Grand Paint Star...
HUEY: Huzzah! The Tangerine Grand Paint Star is back!
TANGERINE: I am the Tangerine Grand Paint Star. ..oh, what’s this? You have an injured soul among your group.
Kidd retrieves Ellshe.
ELLSHE: Keep your....hooves off me...you crazy goat.
KIDD: ...I used up some of her power to help me fight these guys. Then Larry swiped her and... delayed us. We’re almost out of time. Can you- can you help her, Tangerine Grand Paint Star?
TANGERINE: I will see what I can do. Now...behold my power!
Tangerine infuses some color power into Ellshe. Sure as can be, it re-infuses her with color.
ELLSHE: Ugh...my...my COLOR! It’s BACK! Sweet swinging Ukikis, guys! You REALLY know how to revive a girl with style!
HUEY: All right, Tangerine Grand Paint Star! You saved Ellshe! Kersti’s going to be happy that you’re alright, Ell-
Suddenly, a shape similar to the Sticker Comet appears on Ellshe.
The Sticker Comet shape breaks apart.
ELLSHE: Aw, hey naw! This can’t be good AUGH!
Ellshe changes shape before everyone’s eyes... from a shell Sticker Fairy to a gold-shelled female Koopa with blue hair.
The Koopa opens her eyes.
ELLSHE [ i.imgur.com/7BarwVM.png ]: Who...are you people? Like, seriously- where am I?
KIDD: Uh- Ellshe? Honey?
ELLSHE: How do you know this girl’s name?! Last thing I remember, I was raising the roof at Sticker Fest from a cliff, when I fell on my back and...and...the rest is a total blank.
MARIO: OH!
ELLSHE: “Kersti”? That’s...that’s strange...I totally get this feeling there’s...some friends I have to meet up with. But...I don’t have any friends...do I? Maybe I should take a power jog...it’ll clear my mind.
Ellshe walks off.
HUEY: Tangerine Grand Paint Star!? You said you’d help her.
TANGERINE: I did. This is most unexpected- that form Ellshe took was merely a shell, in and in itself. It’s an art only known to members of an ancient tribe. But the only two people of that tribe to ever come to this island are Merlon and...
Tangerine suddenly looks panicked.
TANGERINE: ...no. She couldn’t be back. Especially if that young troublemaker has... Mario, Huey, friends, take this gift for now. Help the remaining Sticker Fairies. And get the Sticker Comet off the island. Here- this should help you!
MARIO CAN NOW EQUIP 7 ARTIFACTS!
HUEY: Wait, Tangerine- what’s so bad about the Sticker Comet? Tangerine? TANGERINE!?
Tangerine doesn’t answer.
HUEY: And I’m being ignored. Urgh- I wish they’d tell me why I need to get the Sticker Comet off the island. (quietly) Among other things...
Suddenly, an explosion occurs.
EDWIN: What now?!
Suddenly, Kersti flies in.
KERSTI: Mario! Thank goodness you’re here! The Koopalings are attacking the Port Prisma HQ! And Merlon was visiting them!
NYA: What?! Why throw such caution to the wind? This is an unusual tactic, even for them.
HUEY: Kersti, wait- there’s something we need to tell you about E-
Another explosion occurs.
KERSTI: You can tell me after, Huey! Just go do your job! I’m off to look for Ellshe!
Kersti flies off.

CHAPTER 6
PORT PRISMA CHAPTER 6- POINT OF DIVERGENCE

+When Mario and co. arrive in the right side of town, they see Bowser Jr. wreak havoc, alongside Motley and all the Koopalings except Lemmy and Roy. Merlon and several Rescue Squad members are injured.
BOWSER JUNIOR: BWAHAHA! This is so relaxing! It’s a nice break from stealing paint all day!
MOTLEY: I...uh, um...I guess so, Your, uh, Majesty.
JUNIOR: Pfft! You’re no fun. At least Leston’s causing some trouble!
MORTON: I swear to King Bowser, if he calls me “Leston” again, I’ll-
IGGY: Don’t say anything crazy you might regret! That’s my job- well, except I never regret what comes out of my mouth! AHAHAHA!
LUDWIG: My Deadly Wand says otherwise, Iggy! It really does wonders against the cloaked man!
WENDY: What an ugly old man he is, though! I’d rather look at Wa- no, I can’t even say it as a joke! What was Junior thinking?
LARRY: Let’s just hurry this up, so I can eat some more delicious meat. We would go faster if Lemmy were here, but there’s nothing I can do.
HUEY: Is there no depths where these kids won’t sink!?
JUNIOR: BWAHAHA- we’d go a million depths under the sea, if you hadn’t sank Ludwig’s Super Ludsub! But I got something better...
Bowser Jr. claps. Six Red Paratroopas carry down a dark energy orb containing...
NYA: The Sticker Comet! You naughty child, release that at once, for the sake of the Decal Ninji Clan!
MOTLEY: Your, uh, Majesty, I think she’s, um, uh, right. Maybe we should just, uh, head back and, uh...
JUNIOR: Then leave if you don’t want to be here, Clowny, and have fun explaining your return to Dad! With this Comet and the color we swiped off the islands, I can finally leave this boring world and head to the other place again! Just as my new buddy promised!
AACE: Is that what you think, son?
Aace, Cucleer, Pitholl, Perry and some Musketeer minions arrive.
JUNIOR: Butt out, Pops! You’ve been getting in my way every single chance you get! So after I trounce Mario with my buddy’s new weapon, I’ll take you all down next! ESPECIALLY the Goomba!
PERRY: YIPE!
PITHOLL: The sheer CONTEMPT this boy shadows over the RIGHTEOUS Musketeers!
CUCLEER: Aace, can you grant me permission- TO CLAW HIS LITTLE NOSTRILS OFF!?
AACE: ...permission denied. We’ll let this battle, and the aftermath, play out. Musketeers, move the injured Rescue Squad somewhere safe.
BOOSKETEERS: On your command!
The Boosketeers move almost all the Rescue Squad members offscreen. When it comes to the Captain, however...
AACE: Not him, though. He stays. I’m mighty interested in what your friend planned, and I think the Squad Captain should see this hootenanny for himself.
Aace strokes his moustache. The Squad Captain looks down at this moment.
KIDD: Leblaanc!
MORTON: There’s something NOT right about this.
IGGY: Bwahaha! You’re too paranoid, Morton! The old man’s got nothing left!
MOTLEY: *sigh* Might as well fight alongside the Prince, then...
JUNIOR: That’s more like it! ....hey, look! It’s Princess Peach!
Mario and co. look around. Bowser Jr. uses this opportunity to get a Back Attack in.

BGM- Bowser Jr Battle (Paper Mario Sticker Star [Recut])
BOSS TIME! BOWSER JUNIOR AND MOTLEY
0dvWKnT.jpg

Bowser Jr.
HP: 240
ATK: 7x3 (cannon ball), 17 (flamethrower [burn]), 22 (paint blast [only when surrounded by paint shield]), 26 (darkness blast [when hooked to machine]), 36 (rainbow blast [second phase only, when hooked to machine- inflicts Burn, Poison, Wet and Tiny on Mario all at once])
DEF: 0 (normally), 6 (paint shield)
MARK: Koopaling
QUOTE 1: The only thing that would make this funnier is if I had my old paintbrush. Good times, good times...
QUOTE 2: Hurry up, Mario! I got a weapon to test! And some people hate waiting!
QUOTE 3: I'll be with you soon, ot- What are you looking at?!
QUOTE 4: A Clown Car and a Clown Clod- a match made never!
QUOTE 5: I'll make my Dad proud! Wish he was here to see this!
QUOTE 6 (if Edwin is present): You guys should have stayed out of our way when we came here!
QUOTE 7 (if Louis is present): I get another chance to smear out two Marios? Bwahaha- I'll take it!
QUOTE 8 (if Marirana is present): Meh, Pops wants Peach more- not this dancer.
QUOTE 9 (if Nya is present): You followed me all the way here?! You Ninjis are annoying!
QUOTE 10 (if Kidd is present): Talk about confidence issues, goat lady!
QUOTE 11 (flamethrower): Aw, yeah! Feel the burn!

Motley
HP: 160
ATK: 14 (magic wand blast), -40 of all paints (creates a paint shield for Bowser Jr. if not blocked), -60 of all paints, then 30 damage (paint ball drop)
MARK: Koopaling
QUOTE 1: Please go easy on the Prince...
QUOTE 2: Don't hit me, Mario.
QUOTE 3: I should have stayed in Clown School.
QUOTE 4: What would Master Bowser do?
QUOTE 5: I think I have a stomach-ache.
QUOTE 6 (paint shield for Bowser Junior): The Prince, um, needs that paint more.
QUOTE 7 (if Marirana is present): H-h-h-hi, Ms. Deeps! I, uh, collect some of your CDs- and so does the Prince. But don't tell anyone! ...Uh-oh- did I say that out loud?
QUOTE 8 (if Nya is present): *psst* You have to get that thing away from Prince Junior.
QUOTE 9 (if Kidd is present): Y.y.y.y.you!? Don't poke my eyes out!
QUOTE 10 (near-defeat): I was just...following orders...

+After KOing Motley and dropping Junior's HP to 80 or under...
BOWSER JUNIOR: Some help you turned out to be! I'm gonna lose at this point...OH, NEW BUDDY! CAN YOU HELP ME CRUSH MARIO!?
MOTLEY: Uh, Prince Junior, I wouldn't recommend-!
The eyes on Bowser Jr.'s clown car change...
BOWSER JUNIOR: You worry too much! Let's get him, new buddy!

BOWSER JUNIOR PHASE 2 DETAILS
HP: 80 (out of 240)
ATK (new): 40 (rainbow blast [second phase only, when hooked to machine- inflicts Burn, Poison, Wet and Tiny on Mario all at once])
DEF: halves all damage
MARK: Mystery
EXTRA QUOTE 1: Say hello to my new buddy!
EXTRA QUOTE 2 (rainbow blast): Taste the rainbow of your deFEAT, Mario!
EXTRA QUOTE 3 (near defeat): N-n-n-no! We can outlast him...!

+After defeating Junior...
JUNIOR: Aw no no no NO! It’s not fair! You CHEATED! You got in my way, clown!
MOTLEY: Y-y-yes, Your Highness. Sorry, Your Highness.
AACE: That young jester...I pity him.
JUNIOR: Stay out of this, old man! And YOU!
Junior points at the Koopa Clown Car’s new form. Meanwhile, the Sticker Comet tries to escape the dark orb.
JUNIOR: You said this would take out Mario! You said the Sticker Comet’s power was all we needed!
Junior kicks the Koopa Clown Car over. A strange purple Dry Shroom with pink spikes falls out.
JUNIOR: Well, you’re full of lies, fungus face!
KjQ2SJh.jpg

Everyone is shocked.
HUEY: That- that’s your buddy? A Dry Shroom?
NYA: There it is! What you must have brought out of Rustle Burrow! I’ll handle this.
Nya vanishes into thin air.
WENDY: Really? This is why you pouted for Bowser to send us here instead of Peach’s Castle? This is what you’ve been “listening” to the whole time!?
IGGY: GAWHAHAHA! We’re going to have to switch rankings when we get home, Princey, because you’re officially crazier than me!
PURPLE DRY SHROOM: (purple textbox) ...are you sure about that, you simple-minded weaklings?
LUDWIG: Of course we’re sure. I mean, think about... think about...
Everyone is shocked at what just happened. They look towards the purple Dry Shroom.
MORTON: Did...did that Dry Shroom just talk?!
PURPLE DRY SHROOM: Oh, yes. And we can do far more in just a few moments...
A long spiked purple tendril reaches towards the Sticker Comet. It sucks colored energy out of the orb.
The containment orb vanishes. To Mario and company’s surprise, the Sticker Comet changes shape... into a sorceress!
Merlon struggles to get up.
MERLON: No- you need to stop- what you’re...MERLUVLEE?!
MERLUVLEE [ i.imgur.com/3rAdZPl.png ]: Merlon...I’ve failed.
MERLON: Oh no...the SEAL-!
DRY SHROOM: Is BROKEN! Now, watch as we resume where we left off!
The Dry Shroom changes shape. It emits dark energy, knocking a previously invisible Nya aside.
Eventually, it becomes a 10-eyed purple mushroom creature with 10 horns, 6 jagged (yet paper-thin) vines, and a small paper-thin moustache. The Royal Stickers sit on its cap (pun entirely intended), with the Gold Royal Sticker on top.
BGM- Power of the Royal Sticker (Paper Mario Sticker Star [Recut])
NEWCOMER! Shroomsday

WENDY: Eh, Wario’s still uglier.
HUEY: No- the King trained me against a holo-copy of you! You’re- YOU’RE-!!
AACE: Shroomsday! I should have known......that you’d return home one day.
Aace strokes his moustache. Meanwhile, Pitholl, Cucleer and Perry look scared out of their minds.
AACE: Welcome back.
SHROOMSDAY [ i.imgur.com/sN6Phbb.png ]: Aace...it’s been far too long, old friend. Your cousin Dester should have stood out of our way when he had the chance, though.
Aace looks downward.
AACE: ...he knew wha’ he was getting’ into.
EDWIN: Wh-wh-wh-what!? You KNOW what this thing is, Aace!?
PERRY: There was ANOTHER creature like this!?
NYA: So you’re the ancient creature who menaced my clan in Rustle Burrow a millennia ago!
PITHOLL: How uncouth! The SENSATION of you betraying your ideals! What ELSE have you been keeping from us, Aace?!
MOTLEY: Uh, Prince Junior? With, um all due re-respect, you, uh, might want to take a few hundred thousand steps away from that thing!
JUNIOR: Not now, Motley! Why didn’t you turn into that first, buddy?!
SHROOMSDAY: Because we require the power of the Sticker Comet if we wish to eliminate all obstacles in our way. As well as dismiss others when THEY’RE NOT NEEDED!
The creature fires a rainbow beam at Bowser Junior and Motley, sending them flying.
MOTLEY: I warned you-!
JUNIOR: Zip it, clown! You backstaaaaaaaabber...!
LUDWIG: Oh, my. Perhaps this calls for a tactical retreat.
???: Are you kidding me?! I just blew down a chump like this in the woods!
Everyone turns around. Roy is under the west arch with his cannon.
PERRY: Oh, thank King Bowser you’re he- I mean, what are you doing here?
SHROOMSDAY: Did you, you brash musclebound numbskull? Was he an overgrown self-absorbed weed, by chance?!
ROY: Pal, by the time I’m done with you, there’ll be another black stain on the ground!
Roy readies his cannon.
ROY: Buckle up, buttercup!
SHROOMSDAY: So...you’re using HIS essence, are you? Too bad we’ll never give you that chance...
Shroomsday’s crowns start glowing.
ROY: Bahaha! Like your lightshow scares me, fungus fa-
Roy turns into a purple Mushroom.
HUEY: Oh, SCRAP.
WENDY: Ewwwwww! You’re even grosser than the old man, Roy!
LARRY: I don’t know. He might go well with some pork and tende-
Larry turns into a purple Mushroom.
IGGY: Oh AHAHAHAHA! I wonder who’s getting capped nex-!
Iggy shares his siblings’ fate.
LUDWIG: You and your Mega-Giant Mou-
Ludwig follows suit.
WENDY: OH! And I just tried out this new lipst-
Wendy is last.
Morton quickly grabs his siblings’ Mushrooms, then jumps in a Koopa Clown Car.
MORTON: You’re not getting away with this, you fungus freak! I’M BRINGING THE BIG GUNS NEXT TIME WE MEET!
Morton flies off.
SHROOMSDAY: You’d better fly away, you lumbering tattoo’ed peasant. And we wouldn’t recommend using those wands the Prince gave you- we “inspected” them beforehand.
AACE: Shroomsday, please! You’ll overexert yourself at this point. Besides, we have a mighty lot to discuss.
SHROOMSDAY: Very well...
Shroomsday passes by the party. As he slides by Mario...
SHROOMSDAY: Your fate will come later. We’ve had big plans for you...for a very long time. But for now... our minions will keep you occupied.
NG6YgGS.jpg

Shroomsday starts exerting several spores into the skies of Prism Island. He then leaves.
AACE: Come now, Musketeers! A new era for Prism Island and the world awaits!
BOOSKETEER: Yes, Aace!
The Boosketeers fly over to Aace. However, Perry, Cucleer and Perry are frozen in fear.
AACE: You boys comin’? You’re shakin’ like a Dry Bones in a glacier! ...that was a joke, sons!
The three Musketeers rush off, still shaking.
AACE: Boys...
Aace is about to fly off.
SQUAD CAPTAIN: Hold on, Aace! What are those spores!? You told me that you-
AACE: I told you I’d scratch your ENTIRE Rescue Squad and locals’ fur if you scratched mine, barring unusual circumstances. And let me tell you right now- things are mighty unusual right now. I’ll keep you updated if anythin’ changes.
Aace leaves.
HUEY: Oh- oooh, this is bad! Things were so much simpler before we found that workshop! And now- should we just leave the Musketeers alone, or should we stand in their way?! Oh man, oh Toad, oh Pianta, oh man, I’m freaking out, what do we do-!?
Kidd headbutts Huey.
KIDD: GETAHOLDOFYOURSELF, HUEY! We’ll- we’ll figure this out somehow!
HUEY: But HOW!? I’ve overheard about Shroomsday from Pasteloran tourists recently, but I didn’t know- that he came from here...
LOUIS: ...wait a minute! If Shroomsday comes from Prism Island, maybe my dad knows something about him!
EDWIN: You’re right! He said he was researching the island! And...the STATUE! The one at the Golden Coliseum! Shroomsday was on it! We were looking at it the whole ti- So that’s what Aace meant...
Huey looks happy.
HUEY: We might have a chance after all! Maybe I worried about nothing!
NYA: Do not chide yourself, Huey- the situation looked bleak at first glance, too. Let us make all speed finding your father and learning the truth! Right, Mario?
Mario is unusually afraid...
HUEY: Whoa, what’s got into him? It’s like he’s seen a ghost! Which shouldn’t be surprising, since Aace IS a ghost!
Mario snaps out of his fear. He still shivers, though.

MONDO WOODS (CUTSCENE)
+After Mario leaves Port Prisma, Aace is walking with Shroomsday in Mondo Woods, while the other Musketeers are behind.
AACE: ...and then I said, I swear to the Queen, I said “son, that’s not a sword- that’s a toothpick!” Whoa-hoa-hoa!
SHROOMSDAY: It’s been far too long since we’ve just talked and relayed humor, old ectoplasmic friend. We apologize for not exposing ourselves to you earlier, but...we felt-
AACE: - mighty mad abou’...my failure years ago. As well as the Grand Paint Stars’ involvement in it. That’s probably why you told the little Koopa fella to remove them from Prisma Fountain- to punish both me and them.
SHROOMSDAY: Astute as always, Aace. We were so blinded to our eternally lingering resentment, we did not realize we created more problems with our actions that day. ...When did you start to suspect our involvement?
AACE: After I overheard a mighty interesting conversation the Princess of the Mushroom Kingdom eavesdropped on herself. That said, it’s fine, Shroomsday. Or maybe I should call you- nah. SHE should have first honors of calling you by your REAL name when she re-awakens. With her, we won’t have to worry about using our emergency plan to deal with-
CUCLEER: Um, Aace, boss....A WORD?!
AACE: Oh, I knew this was comin’...you go on without me, Shroomsday- get to remind yerself of the beauty of this island. ..But watch out for Draggadon. He looks mighty upset today. And if you’re not careful around Marmalade Valley...
SHROOMSDAY: Very well.
Shroomsday slimes away.
After Shroomsday leaves, Pitholl and Cucleer surround Aace. Meanwhile, Perry watches.
AACE: So- yer upset that I didn’t tell you abou-
PITHOLL: Frankly, we’re APPALLED! You preach to us of HONESTY, but you keep secrets from us!
CUCLEER: And you kept telling stories all about the importance of justice- BUT IT LOOKS LIKE IT WAS ONLY ABOUT JUST YOU!
Aace looks slightly miffed.
AACE: I’m...hehe...I’m going to ignore tha’ last comment, son, before I go mighty berserk. Trust me- this has never been about jus’ me. Some steps were necessary, but it’s all for the greater good. Right, Musketeers?
BOOSKETEERS: Of course, Aace!
CUCLEER: Allied Musketeers? Friends? YOU’RE NOT HELPING! Ignorant ale-drinkers.
AACE: My boys, that moist, robust ale is mixed with several fine ingredients around these parts. Honey syrup, sour salts, Prism Island water. Oh, and the secret ingredient- spores from Shroomsday itself.
CUCLEER: ...what did you SAY!?!
PERRY: I don’t like where this is going...
PITHOLL: Hold on, Aace, old CHUM! How did you get SPORES from Shroomsday before it AAAAAH!
Pitholl and Cucleer get surrounded in a dark light. Their eyes start glowing.
AACE: Now, boys, if we know Mario, he might be headin’ to Redpepper Volcano at some point. And frankly, we’d rather keep the Emerald Paint Star away from Port Prisma before we begin our plan!
PITHOLL, CUCLEER: Understood.
Pitholl grabs Cucleer. They then fly towards the Volcano.
PERRY: Whoa! Who ordered the light show!? Is that going to happen to me!?
AACE: Relax, Perry, our faithful companion. The serum won’t activate unless you stand against us. Work with us, son, and you’ll be just fine.
PERRY: Seriously, Aace. What’s this all about?!
AACE: Hmm...perhaps a l’il knowledge wouldn’ hurt. Tell us something- have you ever heard of “the Eclipse War”?

PRISM ISLAND
+Several of the Mystery Creatures start showing up in both interior and exterior sections of past levels, including ones without any other Paint Stars to collect. The worm one is called Slugshroom [ i.imgur.com/5DP4zXe.png ], while the wheel one is Carrishroom [ i.imgur.com/MOlv8iP.png ]. A new bulky one called Monstroom joins the fun and pain, meanwhile. On top of this, the “Mystery” mark is retitled “Shroomsday”.

NEW ENEMIES
Mystery Creature 3/Monstroom
- i.imgur.com/dPWZOe6.png
HP: 30
ATK: 12 x 2 (double pincer scratch), 28 (shroom fist knuckle), Pincer grab (captures Mario’s partner, preventing the use of their attack or perk)
DEF: Halves all damage
MARK: Mystery/Shroomsday
QUOTE 1: We will DEVOUR you! NYARRRRRRRLE!
QUOTE 2: Hurry into our mouths!
QUOTE 3: Your cards are not a source of fibre!
QUOTE 4: Take us to a chef- so we can eat them ourselves!
QUOTE 5 (if Edwin is grabbed): Green grapes- our least favorite!
QUOTE 6 (if Louis is grabbed): You brought us a chicken. Now we need the fire!
QUOTE 7 (if Marirana is grabbed): Some buns! Quick- find us butter!
QUOTE 8 (if Nya is grabbed): Why would you bring us noodles without swirling them around first?!
QUOTE 9 (if Kidd is grabbed): She will make tasty lambchops!
QUOTE 10 (near defeat): We didn’t even get a bite...
+Monstroom shares the same special abilities as Slugshroom (Mystery Creature 1) and Chassishroom (Mystery Creature 2).

COMPLETED LEVELS WITH ADDED SHROOMSDAY MARKED ENEMIES
+Ruddy Road
+Cherry Lake
+Crimson Tower
+Azure Underground
+Daffodil Peak
+Sunglow Ridge
+Marmalade Valley
+Kiwano Temple
+Golden Coliseum
+Mustard Café
+Mondo Woods
+Sacred Forest
+Plum Park
+Vortex Island
+Lighthouse Island
+Fortune Island
+Starlight Workshop

GOLDEN COLISEUM II (EXTRA RECUT VISIT)
GAMEPLAY

+The Noki Bottle Opener has been relocated to another level. The Chilly Pick, however, while no longer mandatory, is still in the usual location.

OLD ENEMIES
Lepbeller
Clubba
Spike
Drybake Pokey
Fuzzy
Slugshroom
Carrishroom
Monstroom

STORY
+When Mario and co. return to the Coliseum...
LOUIS: OK, amici. You remember the way to the statue? It’s just down the stairs, past the screening area.

+When Mario and co. arrive at the arena, they see Orion fighting the monsters.
ORION: You won’t keep this former Rescue Squad leader from studying this statue!
Orion takes out two Chassishrooms and throws a Slugshroom at a Monstroom. However, a bone-cracking sound is heard.
ORION: Ouch! My arm! I think I pulled my arm!
LOUIS: Mario! We have to help my papà!
Mario nods. He and his friends head over to Orion.
ORION: Mario? Louis? I don’t know why you came back, but I’m glad you did! Can you tag in for me?
LOUIS: You got it, papà! We’ll make a mushroom salad out of these creeps viola!
BATTLE! Slugshroom x2, Chassishroom, Monstroom
+After the above battle, our heroes are surrounded.
NYA: There are far too many of them!
KIDD: Even the entire Rescue Squad couldn’t handle these guys! ...then again, they couldn’t handle me.
EDWIN: Well, I can’t handle a woman like you, Kidd. Besides, we’re not boned. We just have to break for the boxes, grab the Super Star, and we’re home fr-
A Monstroom picks up the crate with the Super Star. It then throws the crate over the wall of the Coliseum.
EDWIN: OK. NOW we’re boned. There has to be something else we can use!
LOUIS: I got an idea veloce...
Louis retrieves the Draggadon Bone out of his pants.
Suddenly, a rumbling is heard...
BGM- L’il Princess, Big Bark
All of Shroomsday’s minions see Princess and panic. Princess rolls over all of them, like they weren’t even there.
ORION: PRINCESS! My sweet wittle Pwincess! You didn’t forget me after all! You came back to save Daddy and your brother!
Princess rolls back and forth over Orion. She then rolls out of the Coliseum.
ORION: Love you, my big baby! Chanterelle would be proud...of both of you.
LOUIS: Thanks, papà!
ORION: So, what brings you and your friends here?
LOUIS: Well, it all started when...
(The screen blacks out)

(The screen then fades in)
ORION: ...so, you met a monster that looks a lot like the one on this statue. And you came to see if it held any secrets. Hmmm...I can help you there...there was a lot of ancient text scribbled on this...

“So first, I think I know when this statue was made- about 1300 years ago. You already learned from the hologram of the Blight King he had a partner. And if this statue is correct, his partner was none other than the demon who was eventually sealed under Rogueport- the Shadow Queen. Often, the Queen was away from Prism Island, tending to Rogueport’s people instead. Though the Blight King didn’t like the way his partner treated her new kingdom, he was too taken in by her witchcraft to truly object. And so, the arrangement went on.”
“Occassionally, the Queen would visit Prism Island, bringing two of her three pet dragons with her. While the King and Queen spent time together, the two dragons often fought with the local Draggadon, who guarded the island’s Vellbex population.”
“Eventually, the King and Queen created together. And that’s not a euphanism for anything- they literally created an heir to the throne with their combined magic. However, when the heir grew from an infant to a child, fear of the Shadow Queen was so great, they avoided the child, for fear of upsetting her.”
“The King felt greatly saddened at his child’s loneliness. However, he knew forcing his subjects to spend time with his daughter would instead sprout more hostility. So, one night, he created a friend for his offspring to play with- a large, happy flower. The Queen, however, was annoyed at being left out herself. She also resented being outdone by anyone. In response, she too created a companion for her legacy- a gigantic thorned mushroom. While I don’t know whether or not the king commissioned a statue for his own creation, one day, he did for the queen, the dragons, and the mushroom pet- to commemorate the opening of this coliseum.”

EDWIN: I guess that’s kind of interesting.
HUEY: More like mind-numbingly sad. Why didn’t the King tell me he had a kid? I would’ve been their friend, no questions asked!
EDWIN: ...Uh, anything useful written on the statue?
ORION: Now that you mention it, there WAS one other detail written on Shroomsday’s model. It’s strange, though- the handwriting is different from the other ancient text. And it’s actually in English!

“It’s such a nice day for something fun. But the coliseum’s just so stuffy! And my dear parents won’t let ------y and Petally enter the Battle Royal anymore, despite my teacher vouching for them! That’s really, REALLY mean! My friends want to play with the others, but they’re too weak to keep up! ...I need to calm down. Maybe the three of us will go take a walk near the ocean. That’s what we always partake in when we need to think. Even if I am a-" [the rest of the text has been scratched out]

HUEY: “...the ocean.” *Gasp* I know where Shroomsday might’ve waddled to! BLOO BAY BEACH!
NYA: All of those islanders- they are in danger! We must hurry, Mario!
Mario nods.
ORION: You do that, Mario. Meanwhile, I’m gonna be heading back home- need to rest my arm before I head out again.
Orion slowly walks away.

ARTIFACTS
Chilly Pick

Slots: 2
Effect: Pierces the Defense of Green and Blue enemies.

BLOO BAY BEACH III (EXTRA RECUT VISIT)
ENEMIES

Cutlad
Green Koopa
Cheep Cheep
Slugshroom
Carrishroom

STORY
+When Mario and co. arrive at the location of Oceanfest...
Ringmaster Rixx is beset by several of Shroomsday’s minions.
RINGMASTER RIXX: BRRF! Get these hooligans away from my Oceanfest! Their destruction makes me look like a lazy bum-!
Ringmaster Rixx is turned into a purple shroom.
PIANTA GIRL: Where’s the old man when you need him?!
PIANTA BOY: They ate my coconuts!
PIANTA WOMAN: Like, you things are so rude! You’re totally ruining our beach party! Go eat some gross grass or something-!
All three Piantas are turned into purple shrooms, too!
HUEY: Wow, this went from engaging to an engagement pretty fast.
Finally, Suebelle and Birdo are surrounded by Monstrooms.
SUEBELLE: Ew, ew, EW! Get away from me, you CREEPS!
BIRDO: This is quite unpleasant. They’re quite attracted to everyone...
Suebelle is turned into a purple shroom. Before Birdo suffers the same fate, though, she picks up Suebelle’s shroom and rides her fake moon upwards a bit.
MARIRANA: Sis! We gotta go save her, Mario! And everyone else!

BATTLE! Slugshroom x2, Cheep Cheep x4
+After defeating the monsters near Rixx, he turns back to normal.
RINGMASTER RIXX: RGHRGHGRGHRGHRGH! You troublemakers are back, hmm? I guess you’re expecting a reward of some kind. Here- now don’t tell people I cheated you. I’m the most honest Pianta on this beach!
MARIO GOT 300 COINS!

BATTLE! Carrishroom x2, Green Koopa x3
9e4yg69.jpg

+After defeating the monsters near the Piantas, they turn back to normal.
PIANTA BOY: Yeah, Mario! You’re the best!
PIANTA GIRL: You’re not that silly captain, but you’ll do.
PIANTA WOMAN: Oh my gosh- you’re such angels for giving those ugly things the boot! You totally deserves these CARRRDS I found in the trees!
MARIO GOT 1 SUPER SHROOM, 1 CRIMSON SYRUP, 1 NAVY SYRUP, AND 1 GOLD SYRUP!

BATTLE! Slugshroom x1, Carrishroom x1, Cutlad x2
+After defeating the monsters near Suebelle, Birdo lowers down with her purple shroom. Sure enough, it turns back to normal.
MARIRANA: Suebelle, sister! Are you alrigh’?
SUEBELLE: Yeah, I’m- oh, it’s you. Never mind.
Suebelle turns around.
HUEY: Uh, what’s with the blue face? We just-!
SUEBELLE: You wouldn’t get it, bucket guy- it’s a sister thing.
Suebelle turns around. Both Marirana and, surprisingly, Birdo, look sad.
MARIRANA: Sue... tal’k to me. Please?
SUEBELLE: You had that chance for years, Mari, and you missed it. Unlike you, I have limits. And thanks to Edwin there, I proved my point- you don’t care about me. Come on, Birdo, let’s-
EDWIN: Look, I wasn’t thinking straight when I asked if your sister meant it about me being cute! I was mad about something else.
SUEBELLE: What could you possibly be upset about, little boy?
EDWIN: ...I’ve been alone and penniless for a long time. It’s why I joined the Musketeers. Mostly the penniless part, but I kind of wanted people around me, too. Friends, and not jerks like Pitholl and Cucleer ended up being. But I’m sure whatever your mad about is worse than having no money to...aw, now I’m getting upset.
SUEBELLE: ...I know what you’re trying to say, but- this isn’t something connected to money. Sorry, Edwin, but no small talk is going to change my mind.
KIDD: Mari there doesn’t care? Then why’d she save you?! If you were my sister...OK, bad example. Wait, here’s a better one- if you were my kid, I wouldn’t let those creatures anywhere near you!
NYA: The Vellbex woman is right. Family will sometimes fight each other, sometimes greatly. But barring unfortunate exceptions, never think through those conversations that they do not care. Sometimes, they feel negative because they care very much.
SUEBELLE: ...Mmmph. Well, you were gonna save me anyways. You have Mario with you, anyways. I bet he jumped at the call first!
MARIO: NOOOooo.
Mario speaks.
SUEBELLE: What?! My sis wanted to save me first?! But- NONO, that can’t be right! She’d rather hang with other people than hang with...me.
MARIRANA: Is that wha’ this was all abou’, sis’? Of course I wan’ you near me- I can’ imagine us not bein’ tog’ether!
SUEBELLE: But...I’m with Birdo now.
BIRDO: Honey, you kept telling me your sister never listens to how you feel. Well, here she is now, wanting to reconnect and understand. And I’d listen to her words, too. Family love- it’s the deepest, longest-lasting love of all! I think I’ve seen it in action, too, a long time ago...
nxaNOS7.jpg

Birdo's moon prop is lifted upwards.
BIRDO: Got to go. I need to spread my love in a cold place! Maybe we’ll get together later...
Birdo vanishes.
SUEBELLE: Maybe...I’ve been a little jealous. I...don’t really want to be mad at you, Mari. I just wish we could...we could...we cud be tusslin’ and turnin’ like in the ol’ days. Jus’ relax fer a day.
MARIRANA: Of course we can, sis’! ...but, uh, this is a l’il awkward, since...
SUEBELLE: Yer lookin’ fer the fella controllin’ these l’il varmints, righ’? Mushroo’ shaped, six crowns?
Mario, Huey, Edwin, Marirana, Nya and Kidd are surprised.
HUEY: So he WAS here! The description on the statue was right! Quick, which way did he go?
SUEBELLE: That feller mosey’d on over teh Blissful Paradise! But the only two folks there are this pink-haired woman and Keirf...An’ if you wanna know my feelin’s on that, this here islan’ need ye fellers more.

+When Mario heads to Blissful Paradise, he sees Shroomsday accosting Keirf.
KEIRF: DUUUUUUUDE! Buddy, what’s with the evil eyes? I’m feeling some bad mojo up in here!
SHROOMSDAY: You think you can deceive us, Sosorrisurf!? You cost us one of our master units in Pastelora, and vanquished nearly a millennium of planning in your vacantly large stupidity! And for that, you’ll pay with your game! You- alternate-dimension woman!
NASTASIA: Me...? M’yeh, I don’t appreciate you rampaging across the beach, then breaking into the Paradise.
SHROOMSDAY: That does not matter to us. We sense...SOMETHING about you. Something we can understand. You’ve lost someone important to you. We don’t know whether we’ll ever see who we lost again, or if our allies will fail in this endeavor. But, if you help us eliminate this boorishly relaxed eel......we can bring your lost one here.
NASTASIA: What? No, he’s gone forever- even you can’t-!
SHROOMSDAY: Are you sure? With these “Royal Stickers” back atop our spiked misshapened cap, we have unlimited control over the space continuum. Wherever he may be, we can call him here in a blink of our many eyes.
Nastasia is surprised.
NASTASIA: ...
SHROOMSDAY: What do you say? Use your gift to punish the wicked, and you’ll have him back.
Nastasia thinks.
NASTASIA: ...M’yeh, no.
Nastasia immediately turns around. She uses her hypno glases on Shroomsday, who looks confused.
KEIRF: Whoa, dudette- totally radical!
NASTASIA: You ALMOST had me pencil out, into a schedule of slippery slopes. The Count would be disappointed if I helped you cause destruction just to make me happy! So why don’t you leave the beach, or even leave the island, and sit in with a therapist?
Nastasia keeps focusing her hypno powers on Shroomsday. However, nothing happens, as Shroomsday looks at Nastasia, smiling.
NASTASIA: Uh...hypno powers? Why aren’t you working?
SHROOMSDAY: It’s a pity, off-islander. You threw away your only chance to regain your friend, all for a single sneak maneuver, using the one tactic that would never work on us. We’re not in one location...but....everywhere...
The word “everywhere” reverberates off the speech bubble.
KEIRF: Major bummer, dudette. At least you tried.
Shroomsday grabs Keirf. He then slams the lobster-eel on top of Nastasia.
SHROOMSDAY: Both of you will share the same fate. And if we’re being honest...we never liked bats.
Shroomsday lifts one of his tendrils, ready to strike.
SHROOMSDAY: RARGH- huh?
O’Chunks grabs onto Shroomsday’s tendril from behind.
O’CHUNKS: An’ what do yeh think yer plannin’?!
SHROOMSDAY: We are marking this island’s beach for her majesty. Stand aside, before we make you regret your actions! You stand between obscurity and oblivion. Do you have any idea who towers before you, simple-minded buffo
O’Chunks grabs the text balloon. He then shoves it in Shroomsday’s mouth.
O’CHUNKS: Yeh talk too much, yeh overgrown legume. Ah saw the whole thing, Nastasia. Yeh did good, lass. Yeh did good. Ah’ll be chunkin’ this feller fer awhile. Ah’ll see yeh when ah’m done. CHUNKS AWAY!
QIug5us.jpg

O’Chunks shoulder bashes into Shroomsday.
NASTASIA: O’Chunks...thank you. I’ll pencil in an appointment of gratitude. 3 o’clock sound great?
O’CHUNKS: (small text bubble) Sounds great, lass!
SHROOMSDAY: (small text bubble) We wiff attenf in thif interloffeff’s pffafe.
O’CHUNKS: (small text bubble) You’ll be at the appointment, too...as salad...!
HUEY: Huh. O’Chunks seems to have the situation handled. O’Chunks is smart. We should be like O’Chunks.
NYA: This O’Chunks may be powerful. But I fear he will only delay the creature with all his might.
HUEY: Oh. Right. So, now what?
NYA: Now, we must find out how the Musketeers are linked to that creature. But Edwin has said their main fort is in the Forest. And the only way further in is that small pipe. Even a Ninji cannot shrink themselves.
EDWIN: ...wait. FORT COBALT! They took control of it while we were fighting that deranged Shy Guy, remember?! And they seemed intent on making it a permanent stronghold, so the Grand Paint Star probably wasn’t the only reason they invaded.
HUEY: Good thinking, Edwin! We should check it out!

FORT COBALT II (EXTRA RECUT VISIT)
GAMEPLAY

+The Noki Bottle Opener is relocated here.
+Though there are 8 notes, only the final note needs to be read to finally progress the plot. This note is marked with a crown symbol.

ENEMIES
Boo
Boosketeer
Blue Koopa (replace the Ninjis in the Fence room’s basement)
Blue Paratroopa
Slugshroom (Fence room basement)
Carrishroom (Fence room basement)
Monstroom (Fence room basement)

STORY
+Eventually, Mario and co. return to where they fought General Guy. There, they find a gaggle of notes scrawled on the floor. Next to them are a large bottle of purple liquid, and the Noki Bottle Opener.
yaFuLle.jpg

EDWIN: Those two guys- they’re so messy when they read. Or write. Or do anything, really.
NYA: Let us see what is scrawled upon these parchments.

NOTE 1: All of us just got back from our plan in the Decal Lands- me, pops, that annoying Magikoopa, our minions, and even Petey. What a waste of time. Right now, I just want to sit back, relax, and take a small break from kidnapping Peach. But Pops is already planning to kidnap her again!

I mean, I like kidnapping her as much as him- but it’s all he seems to think about, day and night! Except when he was wearing that weird gold crown- whenever I looked at him wearing that, I got this gross feeling someone else was looking back. Actually, he still feels like that even with the crown off. Huh- weird.

NOTE 2: It’s been six months since I wrote in this book. Do you know what I’ve been doing in that time? Causing mischief, totally ruined Peach’s tea party with our airship’s punchy claw, and partied high in the sky! You know what I haven’t done? MADE ANY NEW FRIENDS! And the Koopalings treat me like a kid! Grrr...why doesn’t anyone like me?!

I’m so annoyed, I passed up Pops’ offer to invade Peach’s Castle again, this time with Kammy, Kamek, and a pack of some basic grunts. No-one’s heard from them in a while, and I really don’t care. Maybe I’ll go pick on the Ninjis in the Decal Lands- that’ll be fun! Besides, they stiffed me out of rare stickers!

NOTE 3: ...you’re never going to believe this, journal! When I went to smash those Ninjis around, I found them some old ruins. The Ninjis were so thankful, they let me take first dibs. And did I find something awesome- this cool spiked Dry Shroom! And it can talk! It doesn’t have a name, so I call it Shroomy!

Shroomy doesn’t talk around the others, though- says only I should know about it. When I brought up how much I don’t get along with the Koopalings, Shroomy gave me an idea- I’ll ask Pops when he gets back to send them away to some island I’ve never heard of, pretending it’s to make the Koopa Kingdom bigger! While they’re gone, I’ll laugh behind their backs!

NOTE 4: Just like Shroomy said, Pops sent the Loserlings to Prism Island. And the news just got better- there’s these snobs called the Musketeers on the island! One thing led to another, and now both sides are fighting each other for control of the island! They’ll be there for months! Maybe years! Hahahaha! That’ll show them to make fun of me!

Oh- got to go! Pops and Kamek are leading a squad to Peach’s Castle again, while Kammy will meet us there! Pops finds Shroomy creepy for some reason, and doesn’t like when I pet him. You know what? I’m bringing my buddy with me anyways, because we’re inseparable!

Back