Paper Mario Color Splash Recut- Act 2 (SPOILERS FOR CHAPTERS 5-6 OF REAL GAME)

NOTE 5: ...wow, I wasn't expecting THAT to happen! When we were at the castle, this huge light appeared in the sky! Everyone got sucked in- or out, I think. I accidentally dropped Shroomy, who got buried under all the rubble- but I found someone even better than him! Another ME! And it turned out he wanted a friend, too! We almost burned the way home, but...we wussed out. Besides, now that Shroomy's here, me and my double had something to come back to!

...or, he would have, if the Mario jerks didn't ruin everything again! They beat us so badly, we fell asleep! I think our dads were mad at those Lame-io Bros. before we passed out, so at least they care. But when I woke up...I was back in Peach's Castle again. My double- I need to see him again! But how'll I get back to the other world?

NOTE 6: Shroomy says he can help me with getting back. He just needs the Sticker Comet and the Royal Stickers to make my wish come true. He heard it'll be passing right over Prism Island, where I sent those losers, the Koopalings!

We'll go there next month, after Pops gets better. Shroomy says he has no clue how to cure Pops. All he says is it's gotta be air from the underground...whatever that means.

NOTE 7: Shroomy's been helping me more and more lately. With him by my side, we threw those stupid Grand Paint Stars far from Port Prisma! The two of us laughed about it after, despite the lame clown Pops sent trying to ruin the mood.

Shroomy recommended a place in the desert for some of the Snifits. He warned me against using the black paint, leading me to give Ludwig-stein an earful. Shroomy says he'll get rid of the black paint later, but he says we can still use the unmixed stuff to cause trouble. Actually, Shroomy tends to get mad whenever black paint is brought up. Uh, buddy? It's just paint.

NOTE 8 (the newest one): We just got word that our trial with the containment device kind of worked! It kept a Sticker Fairy in place without scattering her everywhere. However, that crazy Vellbex woman failed to defeat Mario! I would've at least liked it if they brought each other down!

Whatever. After we show off our weapon in Port Prisma and get Shroomy his Sticker Comet- plus some rare stickers for me- we're off to Redpepper Volcano! Shroomy says there's something there he needs to complete his plan! Other me, here I come!

+Regardless of whether or not all the notes are read...
NYA: This Shroomsday, or "Shroomy"...he was using Bowser Junior all along.
HUEY: I should've known something was slightly out of place when Bowser Junior managed to knock the Grand Paint Stars out of Port Prisma- he had help!
LOUIS: Hmmm...the big pignon wanted to head to Redpepper Volcano after everything that happened in Port Prisma. Something's not correcto there.
EDWIN: What's not to get, Louis? Shroomsday was gonna lure Junior there, grab him out of his Clown Car, and throw him into the lava.
LOUIS: That's the thing, little compagno...if big purple was planning this, he wouldn't have swatted Junior away like a house fly irritante.
EVERYONE: !
EDWIN: You're right. But if tha's true...what's Shroomsday looking for at the volcano?
NYA: We must find out for ourselves.

ARTIFACTS
Noki Bottle Opener

Slots: 2
Effect: Mario regains 8 Red Paint and 8 Yellow Paint at the start of every turn.

MARMALADE VALLEY III
STORY

+When Mario and co. talk to the Memphawk boy near the log lift...
MEMPHAWK BOY: Mario, Louis, you’re not gonna believe this! The Draggadon fossil came to life and flew away! I’m no professor, but I didn’t think fossils could do that! Maybe you should talk to Orion about this...

CHATEAU CHANTERELLE IV
STORY

+Upon reuniting with Orion...
ORION: Mario, Louis! I heard you both witnessed an incredible event at the dig site! It appears our King’s Grand Paint Star somehow revitalized the Draggadon fossil with paint. I knew His Majesty created some wonderful things in his era, but I didn’t imagine it went as far as reviving the island’s protector. If you want my advice, you should seek Draggadon at his home. And knowing Draggadon, he’s probably returned to Redpepper Volcano- his ancient nest.
LOUIS: Redpepper Volcano? But Shroomsday’s looking for something there, too. He’s probably already told Aace about it at this point.
ORION: ...
LOUIS: Papa? You alright?
ORION: I think I know what they’re looking for at the volcano. After the Blight King went missing, control of Prism Island was finally handed down to the successor to the throne. Unfortunately, this successor was too young to be trusted with this responsibility. Even worse- some evidence on the statue suggests the King’s kid became very different, due to the Queen’s corruption. In fact, due to the kid’s newfound malice, they were the last ruler of Prism Island. The locals, they- they- they used the power of the Grand Paint Stars to defeat the kid, sealing them in a tomb.
Orion looks down.
ORION: My ancestors should have done more to make the child feel like a respected adult. Freedom is everyone’s right, whether they’re “bad” or “good”. *Sigh* Just-just head to Redpepper Volcano. You’ll find more answers there. Good luck, Mario and Louis. And thanks for your help at the Coliseum.

PORT PRISMA CHAPTER 6- II
STORY

+Almost all members of Rescue Squad except a few are at the HQ. The ones here before any rescuing this chapter are combined into four models, to make loading easier.
RED: Michelle, Staupp, Vinn, Leelee
BLUE: Wrodes, Kanviss
YELLOW: Jonny, Armstrong, Veronica
GREEN: Suga T, Clara T, Whittik T, Beeyew T.
PURPLE: No-one...
+When Mario and co. arrive at the HQ...
SQUAD CAPTAIN/LEBLAANC: Mario, Kidd...I should at least partly explain myself. I made a pact with Aace and the Musketeers. I promised Rescue Squad would stay out of the Musketeers’ way and even “massage” situations in the Musketeers’ favor. In exchange, they’d have to make sure no-one got seriously hurt during their own crusades. Plus, uh...
KIDD: Go on, Leblaanc.
LEBLAANC: ...OK, I’m not completely ready to tell the whole story! But...I can tell you I’m not happy at Aace’s choice of alliances. So I’m calling every available Rescue Squad member here, to prepare for an invasion of the Musketeers’ HQ in the woods! Some members are licking their wounds up at the volcano. And then there’s Purple Rescue Squad...If you see any stray members or leaders, tell them the Squad Captain is calling for them.
+As Mario leaves (or re-enters) Rescue Squad HQ, Merluvlee exits the Mawk & Pawk Dojo.
MERLUVLEE: Mario...I expected your arrival.
NYA: You...you are the one who was guarding the Royal Stickers, am I correct?
MERLUVLEE: Yes- I was the Sticker Comet for a long time. I was also one of the King’s advisors, over one thousand years ago. I am called- Merluvlee.
EDWIN: Merluvlee...why’d you become the Sticker Comet? And why was Shroomsday so interested in finding you?
MERLUVLEE: If you wish to learn, come see me at the docks. Knowing the past is important. That said, if you believe you’ll learn with the coming battles, you should head to Redpepper Volcano immediately.

+If Mario and co. decide to take Merluvlee up on her offer and head to the docks...
MERLUVLEE: This is usually a very long story. Which part would you like to hear?
+Mario is rewarded cards the first time he listens to a story.
PART 1
“It all began after an incident with the King and Queen’s child. Several players from alternate dimensions came from far and wide to capture the power the young ruler possessed. Very soon, a great battle followed, shattering many planets. The King and Queen summoned their strongest warriors, fighting tooth and nail for their daughter. During the battle, one of the Royal Pets and many of the Vellbex’s games ended. After repelling every opponent away, the Queen used the chance to strike a powerful blow upon the King. She then banished the King into one of the defeated’s dimension.”
“Though the battle ended, the nightmare had just begun for Prism Island. For the Queen corrupted both her child and the Royal Pet she created to keep the youth company- the one who you know as Shroomsday. I tried to reason with those poor souls, and so did Aace. Unfortunately, the Queen taught her child all the wrong things in ruling an island. Such as destroying what wasn’t desired, ignoring your subject’s pleas, and an all-around lack of responsibility or care.”
2 CRIMSON SYRUPS, 1 BLUE SYRUP, 1 YELLOW SYRUP

MERLUVLEE: And that is all for now. Once you’ve found a way deeper into the Sacred Forest, I will tell you more of the story.

REDPEPPER VOLCANO II
GAMEPLAY

+Draggadon moves a little slower when chasing Mario and co. back to the entrance. This is to accommodate the earlier changes to the platforms involving Louis.
+The bridges across the magma rivers in the second room are blocked with SoundStones. This requires Marirana to bring the beat.
+The second room’s cliffs are slightly bigger, meaning it’s not sidling only anymore.
++Some platforms are missing, requiring Louis.
++The lava at the bottom of the room rises and falls every 5 seconds. Kidd’s speed can help circumvent the reduced time limit, though.
+The third room also has SoundStones for Marirana to jam down on.

OLD ENEMIES
Spike Top
Fire Bro
Dry Bones
Fuzzy
Yellow Fuzzy
Green Fuzzy
Carrishroom
Monstroom

NEW ENEMIES
Ember
(formerly Lava Bubble)
HP: 22
ATK: 14 (burn)
DEF: 0 (fiery body)
MARK: None

POLLINATOR FLOWERS
Magma rivers- Red
Second Draggadon room docking area- Purple
Cliff room near-bottom- Monochrome

STORY
+At the entrance to the volcano...
??????: Mario! Huey!
Mario and friends turn around. Sure enough, Kersti arrives.
KERSTI: I finally found you guys! What happened in Port Prisma?! Where’s Ellshe?!
Upon seeing Kidd, Kersti becomes angry.
KERSTI: AND WHY’S THIS FLOOZY WITH YOU?! THIS JERK KIDNAPPED MY FRIEND!
HUEY: Kidd? You know what to say...
KIDD: Kersti, I’m...so sorry about what I did to your friend. I never meant for things to escalate so far-!
KERSTI: “You’re sorry...?” ...! WHAT’D YOU DO TO MY BFF?!
HUEY: Kersti, chill! Well, as much as you can, since we’re in a volcano. But seriously, Kidd realized what she did was wrong, and helped us get Ellshe back from Larry Koopa! Without Kidd, we wouldn’t have been able to get the Grand Paint Star and healed your friend!
KERSTI: ...oh. Well, uh, thanks for fixing the problem you caused, Kidd. I guess. Where’s Ellshe, then?
HUEY: She’s, uh, taking a walk around the island! She seemed a little...out of it...but she’s looking for you, Kitanu and Nabana!
KERSTI: That’s a relief! And fairies don’t walk, Huey- you’re such a goofball like that!
HUEY: Hehehe, I, uh, can’t imagine where that slip-up came up...
KERSTI: Then I know what I’m doing next- I’ll go look for Ellshe, while you all explore this volcano. I don’t think a proper lady like me should be in volcanos, to be honest. There’s just something I don’t like about them...
g1DRVNh.jpg

Kersti flies off.
KIDD: Why didn’t you tell her...?
HUEY: She should learn for herself what Ellshe’s turned into. About Shroomsday. And especially about the Sticker Comet.
KIDD: You know, before you guys gave me hope, I would’ve been onboard keeping secrets from people. But now...I hate we’re lying to her.
Mario and Kidd walk further into the volcano. Huey, however, sadly lingers behind...
HUEY: I hate it too, Kidd. (quietly) And Kersti’s not the only one I’m keeping secrets from...
Huey flies after Mario and Kidd.
After Huey leaves, Aace appears from thin air.
AACE: That can’t be right...
Aace then looks shocked.
AACE: ...unless!
Aace flies out of the volcano in a hurry.

+When Mario and co. enter the original final room, Draggadon emerges from the magma!
HUEY: DA-DA-DA-DA-DA-DA....DRAGGADON!
EDWIN: Eichi-WAWA, this guy’s HUGE! I don’t wanna get on his bad side!
HUEY: It’s OK, Edwin! Luckily, I speak a little Draggadon. But I haven’t used it since workshop days. Ahem...
Huey turns to Draggadon.
HUEY: HEY! DRAGGADON! I AM HUEY. THIS IS MARIO AND EDWIN. WE ARE ALL FRIENDS. HOW ARE YOU DOING? SURE IS HOT IN HERE, RIGHT?
DRAGGADON: YOU. BUCKET. YOUR RED FRIEND. IS HE WITH SHROOMSDAY?
HUEY: NO, HE IS NOT. MARIO IS STANDING RIGHT HERE. SHROOMSDAY IS FIGHTING A BIG SQUARE GUY.
DRAGGADON: YOU LIE. I SMELL THAT DISGUSTING CREATURE UPON HIS CLOTHES! RAAAAARGH!
T0jzIao.jpg

Draggadon starts charging a fire attack.
EDWIN: Uh, Huey? I think that’s bad for us...
HUEY: But I’m not lying! Right?
Mario nods.
DRAGGADON: THEN YOU ADMIT IT!
Draggadon breathes fire upon the platform. He then chases Mario and co.
+After dropping the Lanky Basin on Draggadon’s noggin and creating a huge bump...
EDWIN: OUCH! That’s gotta hurt.
HUEY: We were just trying to calm him down...but now I feel guilty.
EDWIN: Why did he think Mario was with Shroomsday?
HUEY: All I can think of is maybe big purple was the one who reduced Draggadon to a fossil...? Ah, working theories. What would life be like without you?
Upon climbing upon Draggadon...
DRAGGADON: WHICH WAY IS GREEN...?
EDWIN: He’s really out of it, Huey! He’s not moving at all.
HUEY: Hmmm...You know, if we could find something to lead him, maybe we could, like, RIDE him around!
EDWIN: *sniffsniffsniff* Wait, I think I kept some food from the Fort on me. It could take Draggadon’s nose away from whatever he’s sniffing on Mario.
FISHING POLE ACTIVE!
MAGMA BURGER ACTIVE!
Draggadon somewhat comes out of his stroke.
EDWIN: You are BEAST, Mario! I can’t believe we snagged a pet Draggadon!
HUEY: Man, he’s really focused on that Magma Burger. I bet he’d take us anywhere right now.

+The Blue Snifits are changed to Boosketeers. Also, due to the changes in the story, their dialogue follows suit.
BOOSKETEER: That’s most vexing! Lord Pitholl’s findings claimed IT was here! Might we have missed it?
BOO: We’d better hurry up, too, if we’re to take care of that problem facing the island...

+When Mario reaches the top docking area of the third room...
BLUE SNIFIT: No! My specially trained Fire Bros.! What have you done to them!? Oh man...I’ll never stop Mario or those Musketeers at this rate.
A Hammer Bro. peeks in.
[Rest of cutscene and battle plays as usual]
+If Mario talks to the Blue Snifit after the Hammer Bro.’s guffaw...
BLUE SNIFIT: Man, would it have killed Morton to hire at least one minion with a good throwing arm?

+Instead of a Red Rescue Squad member, Mario finally meets up with three members of Purple Rescue Squad [ http://i.imgur.com/qguDTD0.png ].
PURPLE PIANTA GUY: Wait, stop. Someone give this Pianta cat and his posse a hand.
PURPLE BRUSTACH WOMAN: And could someone get this bird a cold tea?
PURPLE PIANTA BOY: And this snail wants a cookie.
+After rescuing the Purple Pianta Guy...
PURPLE PIANTA GUY: Mario. Riding Draggadon. These volcanic fumes, maaaan.
PURPLE BRUSTACHE WOMAN: I get the feeling, cat. First, Kidd throws us into the volcano when we didn’t go crazy.
PURPLE PIANTA BOY: Then I’m sure Draggadon ate us, unsalted. Good to know I was just as crazy.
PURPLE PIANTA MAN: Unless this is a fever dream. Or the Underwhere.
KIDD: No- you’re wide awake, Ombra. I was the crazy one. I’m sorry about what I did to you and the others.
PURPLE PIANTA BOY: Philosophical, Captain mamma goat. Just give this sliding snail a ride out of this volcano.
PURPLE PIANTA GUY/OMBRA: My slug Uva’s right, Captain. I’m too out of it to hold a grudge.
PURPLE BRUSTACHE WOMAN: You’re too out of it for anything, Ombra.
OMBRA: Aw, come on, Stency bird!
+After doing so...
UVA: What a day. Nearly eaten by a Draggadon, then saved by the very same Draggadon.
85vvT7V.jpg

STENCY: The Captain finally leaves the cuckoo’s nest. AND we met Mario.
OMBRA: I’ll be reminding Uva and telling my other cubs about this day for sure.
Ombra salutes.
OMBRA: Ombra, Uva and Stency of Purple Rescue Squad, mellowed out for duty. Since you’re handling things with Mario, Captain, we’ll go wait at Port Prisma HQ until this panther’s needed.
Ombra, Uva and Stency runs off.
KIDD: Well- that went alright, all things considered! Now let’s move it through this volcano!
HUEY: Hmm...
KIDD: What is it, Huey?
HUEY: Usually, there’s five members per Rescue Squad. But altogether, I only count four Purple. And Stency just said you only tossed her and the other two in. So- where’s number five?
Kidd becomes depressed.
KIDD: .........
HUEY: ...never mind, then. Maybe you can tell us another time.
vGwQPN3.jpg

+Upon docking at the Red Mini-Paint Star area, Draggadon looks happy.
EDWIN: What a way to travel. That was exhilarating! And look...a Mini Paint Star!
HUEY: All right, why don’t you give the poor guy his Magma Burger? He’s done enough for us today.
Mario gives Draggadon the burger. [There’s no choice this time].
HUEY: DRAGGADON! THANK YOU FOR THE RIDE. PLEASE ENJOY YOUR TASTY BURGER.
Mario throws Draggadon the burger. He happily eats it.
DRAGGADON: THAT BURGER TASTED GOOD. EVEN WITH THAT HORRIBLE MUSHROOM STENCH, I NO LONGER THINK YOU ARE WICKED. WHAT BRINGS YOU TO THIS VOLCANO?
HUEY: WE THINK THE MUSKETEERS ARE LOOKING FOR SOMETHING HERE. WOULD YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THAT?
DRAGGADON: I DO NOT. THERE WAS NOTHING ELSE IN MY VOLCANO BEFORE SHE REDUCED ME TO BONES.
As Draggadon dives into the lava...
DRAGGADON: BUT SHE MIGHT KNOW. SHADHEMA- FIND HER, AND YOU’LL FIND YOUR ANSWER.
HUEY: THANKS FOR THE TIP, DRAGGADON. WE LOVE YOU. BYE.
After Draggadon leaves...
Huey and Edwin both think.
HUEY, EDWIN: “Shadhema”?

REDPEPPER CRATER
GAMEPLAY

+The pit with two moving lava platforms is missing its left one, requiring Louis’ Memphawk Jump.
+The pit after that is similarly missing half its platforms. Coins are moved onto the still-existing platforms.
+In the third room, all the platforms after the first one are gone. Instead, there’s a series of poles requiring Edwin to navigate. However, there’s the danger of the Embers to consider while navigating the poles.
+Take a wild guess what’s missing in the first room featuring the Fire Bro. And guess whose jumping ability is needed to circumvent this in the Cut-Out Zone.

OLD ENEMIES
Ember
Fire Bro.
Cleft (replaces Bob-ombs)
Spike Top
Carrishroom (replaces the Piranha Plants)
Monstroom
Dry Bones

NEW ENEMIES
Steel Cleft
(RECUT ENEMY)- i.imgur.com/5p2qKuP.png
HP: 31
ATK: 24 (charge attack), steel-flex (powers up next attack by 16)
DEF: 7 (spiked)
QUOTE 1: This heat can’t wear me down!
QUOTE 2: Feel the steel, pal!
QUOTE 3: I’ll iron out your existence!
QUOTE 4: Let’s get a beat up in here!
QUOTE 5 (if it successfully hits Mario): Yeah, how do you like that kind of metal, red?!
QUOTE 6 (near defeat): I think I can actually feel my spikes...

POLLINATOR FLOWERS
Second room pre-polls- Orange
Ex-cliff room- Red
Lava wave room- Monochrome

STORY
+When Mario and co. approach the lava rock...
YELLOW MALE TOAD: Ah, Mario and his crew! Maybe you can all help me out with something. I work at the Tangerino Grill, and we’ve got this huge block of ice taking up space in our freezer. Shaek T asked me to come here to find something to melt the ice, but I can’t jump that high. Got any pointers for me? I’ve never been any good at jumping.
LOUIS: Little pginon, Gonzales and me are some of the best jumpers on the island! We could go pro if we wanted. So we’ll find one of the King’s fiery Artifacts and deliver it to the Tangerino Grill.
YELLOW MALE TOAD: Wow, really?! Thanks a bunch! I’m still on the clock, so I’m gonna go take a nap somewhere and rack up some overtime pay!
The Yellow Toad runs and jumps really high for joy.
LOUIS: I thought he said he couldn’t jump...

+When Mario and co. enter the back room...
???????: Halt. Up ahead is the resting prison of Prism Island’s ruler- Shadhema. Swag.
???????: Stand aside while we appropriate it for Aace. Or you will be pecked.
Pitholl and Cucleer arrive on the scene.
EDWIN: Of course they’d be here. Why wouldn’t they be here? Look, guys- you inhaled the fumes at Fortune Island, so why do you think you’ll beat us now?
PITHOLL(?): That is enough, you rotound puny Slurple. Move aside, while we finally procure the coffin. Swag.
zYvZqjB.jpg

CUCLEER(?): Do not stand in the way of her revival. Or you will pay with your beings.
EDWIN: ...uh, you two OK? Your eyes seem a little...glowy today. And I know it’s not the magma.
PITHOLL: We are perfectly fine, Slurple. The color of our eyes is none of your concern. Swag.
CUCLEER: Only one thing happened on our way here- we were delayed by Red Paratroopas and that “Leston” creature. He will join his siblings soon enough, though.
LOUIS: ...SHROOMSDAY!
“CUCLEER”: That is true. It takes a bird to notice what’s not a bird. But this is still irritating.
“PITHOLL”: And for that, you will be buried in this volcano, as we were under Pastelora long ago. It will be “fabulous”.
Pitholl and Cucleer point their sabers at Mario and co.
“PITHOLL”: Swag.

MINIBOSS TIME! “PITHOLL” AND “CUCLEER”
lKynIWN.jpg

“Pitholl”
HP: 190
ATK: 18 (solo attack), 24 (duo attack part 1- slash then throw follow up), blade charge (charges Pitholl’s next attack by 3), 40 (downward sword slam- can only use while being carried), 36 (tropical slash- only used after Cucleer is KO’d)
DEF: 0
MARK: Musketeer
QUOTE 1: We are far beyond most of the other Musketeers. Swag.
QUOTE 2 (if Edwin is out): You will not escape us this time, rotund puny Slurple.
QUOTE 3: Do not stand in our way.
QUOTE 4: It is your turn. Hurry up. Swag.
QUOTE 5 (after duo attack): How did you like our vessels’ combined technique?
QUOTE 6 (near-defeat): Your strength exceeds what we expected.
QUOTE 7 (if Cucleer is defeated first): You think your battle is easier with only one opponent. You are wrong. Swag.

“Cucleer”
HP: 110
ATK: 6x2 (solo attack), 6x3 (duo attack part 2- mirage slash), carry (carries Pitholl into the air, allowing both to dodge ground attacks), 12 x 3 (burning mirage slash- only used after Pitholl is KO’d)
QUOTE 1: Behind this smiling face is a controlled bird.
QUOTE 2: I’ve tamed the most ferocious flyer in the Musketeers.
QUOTE 3: Get in our way- you will be pecked.
QUOTE 4: We expected more manners than leaving in the middle of battle.
QUOTE 5 (after duo attack): These two vessels have just started.
QUOTE 6 (near-defeat): I overestimated this bird’s worth.
QUOTE 7 (if Pitholl is defeated): The tree is chopped again. But the bird will be reborn in flames.

+After defeating Pitholl and Cucleer...
PITHOLL: How worthless these two ended up being. Swag.
CUCLEER: But it does not matter. Look.
Mario and co. turn to the other side of the cliff. Sure enough, several Blue Paratroopas carrying a copy of Junior’s containment device enter the hot springs.
??????, ???????, ???????: EEEEK!
LOUIS: Aw, man! That fight was just a distraction!
CUCLEER: That is correct, garbed Memphawk. It only took you this long to figure that out.
PITHOLL: And now these vessels have served their purpose, we must have them return back to the base. In time, they will be joined by stronger allies. Remember this, when Shadhema is revived...Swag.
Cucleer carries Pitholl out of the volcano.
Immediately after, the rocky stairs to the hot springs rise from the magma.

+When Mario and co. enter the hotsprings, they see Peppa T, The Invisible Caan, and Stabyl T...in their underwear!
PEPPA T: What the-?
CAAN: BLIMEY!
DEN T: I hate it in reverse!
All three male Squad members run towards the hot springs...which is currently filled with Blue Paratroopas.
BLUE PARATROOPA 1: Are you ready, lads? Use....the device!
BLUE PARATROOPAS 2-8: Right away!
The Blue Paratroopas hold the device above the spring water. It fires a beam downwards.
Sure enough, a black coffin with the pattern of the Grand Paint Stars rises out of the spring.
Mario shivers.
HUEY: What’s- what’s THAT doing in the hot spring?!
LOUIS: That creepy box was under the hot spring the whole time!? No wonder my papa sometimes felt cold! We can’t let them leave with it, amici!
EDWIN: Too late.
The Blue Paratroopas fly off with the coffin.
HUEY: Annnnnd we’re boned.
LOUIS: Not necessarily, Huey. We just have to stop them the moment the try reviving this Shadhema signora. Even if she wakes up, Gonzales can take her on. I know he’s done it before! And with all of us by his side, she doesn’t stand a chance!
HUEY: Yeah....yeah, you’re right, Louis! Mario beat the King like he was an old lunch- he can win against Shadhema, too! Maybe the Rescue Squad members here know something.

PEPPA T: I've got to hand it to those Musketeers- the spring actually feels much more relaxing! But, eh...it could be hotter if you asked me. Oh, and the deadly box thing- we'll help you find it after we relax ourselves.
DEN T: Hey, Mario- it's been a long time since Fort Cobalt, right? But, uh...it creeps me out when you watch me bathe, you know?
COSSO: I say! It's quite toastier in here for me, to be honest.
RToh0bd.jpg

+When Mario talks to Caan...
CAAN: Oy, this hot spring is BETTER than before. The perfect temperature. Ahhhh... I wish I could sit in here all day, mate. But I suppose we should chase after those Paratroopa blokes and that weird box they carried out of here.
Caan salutes, as do the other Rescue Squad members.
PEPPA T: Peppa T of the Green Rescue Squad, reporting for duty!
DEN T: Den T of the Blue Rescue Squad, reporting for duty!
COSSO: Cosso of the Red Rescue Squad, reporting for duty!
CAAN: Caan of the Yellow Rescue Squad, reportin' to the call, mate! I'll jog back to Port Prisma HQ, to see if our Captain's there!
DEN T: And we'll follow him back! ...Buuuut I'm gonna stay behind and wait for Captain Verda-
Everyone looks at Den T.
DEN T: -to make sure she soaks in the water and grows her head tree! Yeah! Uh, maybe she doesn't need me here, after all.
Caan hurries out of the hot springs.

+At the Magmaw Dryer, Sol is the one drying himself off.
SOL: Yo, man. If you're got it, flaunt it. And boy, have I GOT it.
+After obtaining the Magmaw Dryer...
SOL: You need the dryer, dog? Just be sure to bring it back. This bird don't swing right with wet feathers.
Sol salutes.
SOL: Sol of the Yellow Rescue Squad, reporting for the smackdown! I'mma headin' back to Port Prisma HQ to see if Jonny's there! Aw, yeah...
Sol rushes out.
HUEY: Hey...this Artifact seems like it could melt that huge block of ice at the restaurant!

+One of the Snifits (the one that said "Gasp") has slightly different dialogue...
SNIFIT: She's not even in the water for the warmth! Everyone knows Boos can't feel temperature changes- they're ghosts!

ARTIFACTS
Magmaw Dryer

Slots: 1
Effect: All Jump attack gain/change to a Fire attribute.

TANGERINO GRILL III
STORY

+After receiving the Frackle Spectacle from the freezer, and Shaek T places the Mamma Mia Pizza in...
SHAEK T: Mario, Ms. Deeps, we’re in your debt for preparing the VIP meal, too.
MARIRANA: Aw, it’s fine, suga! Yeh already helped me more than you can I’magine...
SHAEK T: ...oh, I see. So Suebelle’s back on friendly terms with you? It’s great things turned out OK! But that was really just free advice on my part. I’d like to thank you even more...As a sign of our appreciation, please take that old object with you wherever you travel.

+Upon exiting the restaurant, our heroes see Ellshe in her Koopa form.
ELLSHE: Where are those three? Wait- WHO are those three? Like, there’s some peeps I need to meet up with, right? But I just barely remember a few things about them. And...I called one of them...K-girl?
Ellshe walks off.

PORT PRISMA CHAPTER 6- III
STORY

+After increasing the Mini-Toad Kid’s size with the Frackle Spectacle...
TOAD KID: Wait...what happened? I feel different...
The Toad Kid runs up to Mario.
TOAD KID: Mario! Ms. Deeps! Did you shrink?
MARIRANA: No, silly! You got bi’ger!
TOAD KID: Whoa! This is great! Anyone got a basketball? I’m gonna go see if I can dunk. No, wait- even better... Now I can join the Rescue Squad!
The Toad Kid runs into Rescue Squad HQ.
TOAD KID: Excuse me, sir!
LEBLAANC: Great Sssssssscott! How many vegetables did you eat?! You’re more than qualified for the Rescue Squad now, son- I MEAN, Gulliv T. Welcome to the team!
TOAD KID/GULLIV T: Thank you, sir!
Marirana and Huey look happy in the background. However, Kidd seems a little down.
GULLIV T: I can’t believe it! My dreams are coming true...
LEBLAANC: It’s always touching to see a happy new recruit on the Squad. Now, you’ll start out as a mere trainee, of course, but I see great things in your future! You’ll make a lot of friends here!
The Toad Kid and Leblaanc both jump for joy.
GULLIV T: Rescue Squad Apprentice Gulliv T., reporting for duty! Since I haven’t been assigned a captain, I’ll wait here for further orders!

+As promised, Merluvlee has a new part of her story to tell.
PART 2
“Shortly before being sealed away, the Queen became jealous of a traveling Monty Mole kingdom. She proceeded to send Shroomsday on a mission to destroy the Monty Moles.”
“At first, it seemed Shroomsday had failed, as no word had reached Prism Island for some time. In a further stroke of luck, four heroes succeeded in sealing the Queen within her faraway palace. It should have ended there.”
“Unfortunately, the Queen’s influence over her child, as well as Shroomsday’s bond, ensured this would not end. The young ruler sent the Queen’s most loyal right hand to check on, and if possible, free Shroomsday. She did, under the continent of Pastelora. What resulted was that beast cursing that continent, as well as many others.”
“I could no longer stand by. Luckily, the King of the Monty Moles came to me, requesting my aid alongside two others he recruited. I accepted.”
“However, the young ruler of the island wouldn’t allow me to leave. It was at this point the islanders had enough of the Queen’s influence or legacy. And from my time here, I had to agree. Even Aace reluctantly admitted his greatest student was just a shell of their former self. As he loved his student too much to openly rebel, Aace left the island. Altogether, we were able, yet uneasy, to subdue the poor child, allowing me a chance to leave.”
2 NAVY SYRUPS, 1 RED SYRUP, 1 YELLOW SYRUP

MERLUVLEE: And that is all for now. Once you locate the base of these Musketeers, I will tell you more of the story.

ARTIFACTS
Frackle Spectacle

Slots: 2
Effect: Mario gains Giant status for the first 2 turns of battle.

SACRED FOREST III
ADDED ENEMIES
Slugshroom
Carrishroom
Monstroom

STORY
+Upon finding the green Mini-Star...
HUEY: There it is!
NYA: Luck is on your side, Mario. Even in foreign woods, you find what you seek- such as this Paint Star.
In the background, a certain Koopaling is rolling around on his ball. Mario feels worried.
HUEY: What’s the matter, Mario? Grab that thing and let’s roll like a...paint roller. I don’t see Shroomsday around here, but maybe I glossed him. Get it? Gloss? His Royal Stickers?
F2xBqVM.jpg

NYA: That was...just awful. And too soon.
HUEY: Well, I don’t see you making any good puns!
Lemmy rolls past Mario, Nya and Huey on his ball. He then poofs right in front of the trio, surprising them!
NEWCOMER! Lemmy
LEMMY: Mario! I, Lemmy the great illusionist, didn’t imagine I’d roll into you here! I’ve been busy, practicing my magic act, while I search through this forest for the Musketeers’ circus! Have you seen any of the other Koopalings? I ignored my summons from Prince Junior to attend his weapon showcase, and I haven’t heard from anyone, since. Not even Motley- he’s usually the first to perform alongside me! Did the Prince accidentally reveal his sleight of hand?
HUEY: It’s...worse than that, Lemmy. Your Prince was carrying a spiked Dry Shroom. Turns out it was an ancient monster. He turned almost all your siblings into purple mushrooms- except for Morton.
Lemmy looks surprised.
LEMMY: What a show-stopper! I didn’t imagine the Prince had a wildcard up his scales! Very well- I’ll go look for Morton, and I’ll discuss how to poof this fungus problem away with him.
Lemmy rolls away.
NYA: *Phew* What a nice change of pace, to meet the one reasonable Koopaling in that little egg’s army-!
Suddenly, Lemmy poofs behind our trio.
LEMMY: ...AFTER I demonstrate my acts of prestigitation!

BGM- Koopalings Rock
MINIBOSS TIME! LEMMY
BiUWrw2.jpg

HP: 240 (Lemmy), 25 (Wonder Ball)
ATK: 32 (shell toss), 6x5 (ball grind), Summon enemy (Summons 2-3 Circus-status enemies from the pool of Koopaling-marked enemies), Color drain (drains the color of the first colored card Mario uses- this does not, however, cancel the attack)
DEF: 2 (Lemmy), 6 (Wonder Ball)
MARK: Koopaling
+When Lemmy summons the Wonder Ball, he doesn’t auto-dodge attacks. In exchange, he can only be damaged with Iron Jump, Hurlhammer, and other aerial long-range or piercing attacks while the ball is operational.

+After defeating Lemmy...
LEMMY: Heeheekeeee...You’re really fired up tonight, Mario. Looking to get into the circus yourself? I admit defeat. A spectacular defeat! There’s more drama in defeat anyway. Like the idea I have to defeat the shroom monster. After all, the Prisma Times once called my dazzling display “a veritable all-you-can-eat buffet of chaos”! Don’t start the show without me, Morton!
C5qLUUy.jpg

Lemmy vanishes in a puff of smoke. However, he leaves something behind...
LEMMY: Oh, and here’s a magical gift- my autograph! Along with the others’...
MARIO GOT THE KOOPALING CONTRACT!
NYA: What a cowardly narcissist that Koopaling proved. What would we ever need this parchment for?
??????????: (purple textbox) ...Dark Bloo Inn...hidden basement...
Mario looks around.
HUEY: What’s wrong, Mario? Did something fly into your moustache?
Mario shakes his head.

DARK BLOO INN III (OPTIONAL RECUT VISIT)
GAMEPLAY

+Return to the new room with the pod. By giving the Koopaling Contract as a sample...
POD: SAMPLE ACCEPTED. TIMESPACE POD FUNCTIONS UNLOCKED. PLEASE CHOOSE WHO YOU WISH TO RE-ENGAGE IN COMBAT WITH.

EX BOSS TIME! MORTON
LOCATION- Crimson Tower Big Room
BGM- Koopalings Rock
HP: 600
ATK: 25 (normal hammer), 32 (shell attack), 50 (burning hammer- CAN BE BLOCKED), 18 (stick hammer)
DEF: 1

EX BOSS TIME! IGGY
LOCATION- Golden Coliseum Arena
BGM- Iggy Battle
ATK: 35 (magic wand), 40 (shell attack), 50 (chariot super attack)

EX BOSS TIME! LUDWIG
LOCATION- Vortex Island
BGM- Koopalings Rock
HP: 400 (Ludsub), 200 (Ludwig)
ATK: 13x3 (torpedos), 25x2 (walker stomp), 36 (magic wand)
DEF: 4 (submarine; dives and resurfaces every other turn); 2 (Ludwig)

EX BOSS TIME! WENDY
LOCATION- Fortune Island
ZdtHPEK.jpg

BGM- Rumble with Wendy
ATK: Rhythmic attack X5 (coins inflict 5, while Slugshrooms inflict 10); 41 (magic ring crush; trap); 50 (coin shower); 36 (shell attack)
DEF: 2. Susceptible to accuracy-reducing cards and Artifacts

EX BOSS TIME! LARRY
LOCATION- Sunset Express
BGM- Koopalings Rock
ATK: 43 (body slam), 19 (magic blast), 27 (smoke blast- blinding only if not blocked), 56 (jump kick), heart steam (restores 40 HP), 8 > 9 > 10 > 11 > 12 (jump combo- used once every 10 turns)
DEF: 2 (hides in steam pipe; hitting steam pipe with fire attacks or Marirana’s Off-Color Lyrics after Chugga T. arrives forces him out)

EX BOSS TIME! LEMMY
LOCATION- Sacred Forest 3rd Exit
BGM- Koopalings Rock
HP: 600 (Lemmy), 25 (Wonder Ball)
ATK: 50 (shell toss), 10x5 (ball grind), Summon enemy (Summons 2-3 Circus-status enemies from the pool of Koopaling-marked enemies), Color drain (drains the color of the first colored card Mario uses- this does not, however, cancel the attack)
DEF: 2 (Lemmy), 6 (Wonder Ball)

EX BOSS TIME! ROY
LOCATION- Emerald Circus
BGM- ROYal Rumble
ATK: 32 (Color launch); 48 (Body slam); 19x3 (Triple punch combo); 60 (black paint blast)
DEF: 2, weak to Water/Ice
+Roy EX is the only Koopaling to get a new attack- or rather, his original super move. To dispel the black paint here, Mario must use 3 Water attribute attacks.

+For defeating a singular Koopa, Mario gets three copies of their card.
+Defeating all the Koopaling Contract’s EX Bosses rewards Mario with a new Artifact- the Koopaling Clown Car.

ARTIFACTS
Koopaling Clown Car

Slots: 3
Effect: Koopaling-marked enemies and bosses take x1.2 the damage.

GREEN ENERGY PLANT
ENEMIES

Slugshroom
Chassishroom
Monstroom

POLLINATOR PLANTS
Bottom right- Green

STORY
+When Mario and co. arrive on the scene, Shroomsday’s minions are trying to break into the house.
HUEY: Those monsters really don’t like that house. Maybe it’s all the metal, or the doorframe. It could even be the random junk on the front lawn- KIDD!?
Kidd starts ramming into the monsters ferociously.
KIDD: Where IS he?! What did you monsters d to B- WHOAAAA!
A Monstroom swats Kidd towards Mario and co.
MONSTROOM: Tonight’s meal- body of sheep with a little Italian on the side.
All the monsters converge on Mario and the gang.
EDWIN: Yeah, no. Mario, let’s turn these guys into stir-fry!
BATTLE! Slugshroom x2, Monstroom x3

+After defeating the monsters...
EDWIN: And tonight’s dinner is canceled for those monsters. Tough break. Right, Kidd?
Kidd is busy, looking around the Save Block.
KIDD: ...alright. My dad must have brought him in when the monsters arrived. Smart man.
HUEY: What are you looking for, Kidd...?
KIDD: I’ll explain this in a second, boys. Let’s just head in!
+When Mario and co. try opening the door.
KIDD: He locked the door!
HUEY: Then let’s try knocking...
Huey knocks the door.
Suddenly, a green Toad grabs Huey and drags him in. Mario and Kidd follow him in.

+When Mario, Edwin and Kidd enter, Huey is being held by a metal claw, with a Green Toad observing him. In the bottom-right corner, meanwhile, a young Vellbex boy with an eyepatch is sleeping on a comfy collection of sheets.
HUEY: Mario! Kidd! Help me! This...this DEATH CLAW just grabbed me out of nowhere!
GREEN TOAD [ i.imgur.com/jhd1IT2.png ]: Oh, ho, ho! Death Claw? Not to worry. That’s just a Science Claw, friend! I apologize for the grabby introduction, but those monsters were approaching.
KIDD: Good thinking, Dad.
EDWIN: So now what? You’re trying to steal the power from his body with this claw?
HUEY: Well, I’ll never give up my power. NEVER! Wait, I don’t think I even have any power...
GREEN TOAD: No power? Oh, at first glance, I thought for sure you were some sort of robot.
EDWIN: Do you see any robot parts on that, old man?
GREEN TOAD: Well I thought your friend was either a robot...or a can of cat food. Either way...it was a big win for me. And please, call me Enerr T.
HUEY: So...Enerr T...can you let me down? And turn this thing on?
ENERR T: Oh, ho, ho! Of course not! Weren’t you listening to anything I said? I don’t have any power!
Mario pulls Huey out.
HUEY: OUCH! That smarts! The claw wasn’t such a smart idea, was it?
Kidd rushes over to Billy.
KIDD: Well, thank goodness Billy’s OK! You’re the best!
GREEN TOAD/ENERR T: Oh, ho, ho! Anything for my daughter and grandson!
EDWIN: Your...daughter? Uhhhhhhhh, how’s that possible? You’re, well...you know...
ENERR T: Welllll, if we’re being technical, Kidd’s my adopted daughter. Her parents’ games unfortunately ended at Azure Underground when she was young- I found her all alone on the lower path there. But just because we’re not related by blood or species, doesn’t mean she’s not family to me.
KIDD: Aw, Dad...you always had a way with words.
ENERR T: And if my eyes aren’t lying, she’s in a better mood today! I suppose Mario had a hand in that?
Mario speaks.
ENER T: Oh, so it was O’Chunks who helped my girl see the brighter side of life again?
HUEY: You know O’Chunks? But he just got on the island!
ENERR T: If it weren’t for O’Chunks, I wouldn’t have made it back with Billy here! Chunks drew the biggest of those monsters away, and tried pushing back the others! I guess a few doubled back, though, but as long as the big one’s gone, I’m not complaining. Besides, the power’s been out for a while, anyways.
EDWIN: So Shroomsday was here, too. But at least O’Chunks has him covered.
Huey floats down to the sleeping Vellbex boy.
HUEY: So I guess this little guy’s Billy?
KIDD: Yep...that’s my beautiful son. Doesn’t he look so peaceful?
EDWIN: He does. So, who’s the dad?
Huey looks happy.
HUEY: Oh, I bet it’s Ganag! That guy, and his...meekness. ...no, wait, that doesn’t sound right. You know, let’s just wake Billy up and ask him ourselves!
KIDD: ..........
ENERR T: ..........
HUEY: What? Was it something I said?
ENERR T: Huey, Edwin, Mario...Billy’s not going to wake up.

EDWIN: But he’s sleeping so soundly. I’m sure it can’t be that tough.
ENERR T: It’s- not that simple. You see...
KIDD: It’s...it’s OK, Dad- actually, it isn’t OK, but-! ...I’ll tell them. Guys, Bi- my son’s been sleeping for a whole year.
MARIO, HUEY, EDWIN: !
HUEY: A whole year?! What could’ve conked him out for that long?!
KIDD: My boy Billy...he did everything with his parents and friends in the Rescue Squads. He wasn’t strong physically, but he had a big heart. Whenever the family went out for a picnic, he’d always pick flowers for his mom. He was such a sweetheart that way- he gets it from his dad and grandpa.
One day, we all went with Leblaanc for a picnic deeper into Mossrock Theater. While we were there, Billy found new flowers. In fact, they weren’t growing in the woods before that day. But Billy didn’t know that. So he grabbed one of every color that flower came in. And...just before he gave the bouquet to me, he...he sniffed them a-all at once. And th-th-th-then he- he-!
Kidd looks down, distraught.
ENERR T: My grandson collapsed without warning. We brought him back here immediately. Thankfully, he’s still alive- his timer’s not up. But until we find a solution, he’s not waking. Sometimes, he says things in his sleep...
BILLY [ i.imgur.com/aFm1rLR.png ]: (red textbox) I SEE... CONTROL... AND.... JOIN .... OFFER YOURSELVES... ROSES OF...
KIDD (sad): O-o-o-o-oh, Billy!
ENERR T: ...like that. In fact, he’s spoken that phrase a lot. We tried everything- council meetings, the renewable energy at my plant, even the Grand Paint Stars in Port Prisma. But we came up with nothing. And...well...
n57FL8i.jpg

KIDD: Eventually...I just gave up. Not on Billy waking up, but the world. I was so angry at those stupid flowers, I thought being nice only gets you hurt in the end. And I wanted everyone to see that...
HUEY: ...why didn’t you tell us this earlier? We could’ve been friends and found something earlier.
KIDD: Don’t kid yourself, Tin Thing. If the King’s Grand Paint Stars couldn’t awaken Billy from those flowers, what makes you think you have a chan-?!
EDWIN: Wait...flowers? Like the ones the Musketeers train around? Glowing spores, changes the flow of a fight?
Kidd and Enerr T are surprised.
ENERR T: How’d you know...?
EDWIN: I bet Aace knows how to fix this! We just find him, and we’ll find a cure for Billy’s sleeping issues.
ENERR T: ...well, I’ll be. I never thought about that.
KIDD: Edwin, kid...you’re my number four guy now.
Kidd gives Edwin a kiss.
EDWIN: Awhawhawhawhawhaw! GHEEEEEEEE!
HUEY: OK, so there’s another box to check on our “stop the Musketeers” list. But to get deeper into the forest, we need a Mini-Paint Star.
ENERR T: A “Mini-Paint Star”...? Wait! Back when the power went out, I thought I saw a shooting star...It blasted through the window and went INTO this monitor somehow. After that, the breaker tripped and everything went dark.
HUEY: Guys, that might have been one of our Paint Stars! We should take a closer look at this monitor.
ENERR T: Of course! You’re welcome to look around my laboratory a bit, if you think you can figure something out...

+After using the Amp Battery to re-energize the energy plant and returning inside...
ENERR T: Guys! Kidd! You did it! The electricity is back on!
LOUIS: Non problemo, science uomo.
KIDD: You’re welcome, Dad.
HUEY: Hey, Mario, check it out. I can practically smell our Paint Star through this screen. Based on the minty-fresh scent, I’d say it’s a green Mini Paint Star we’re after.
Huey looks to Enerr T.
HUEY: By the way, what is all this nonsense on the screen?
LOUIS: But Huey, that’s-! That music...it’s making me so...happy and nostalgic...
ENERR T: Ah, yes! My latest experiment. I’ve been measuring Billy’s brain activity in response to these ancient images. I can’t make heads or tails of them, but they seem to make him- and a lot of people- quite happy. Isn’t it fascinating how the images seem to scroll from side to side? And look at all of those platforms!
LOUIS: I’m looking at ‘em, signore!
HUEY: I’m positive one of our missing Paint Stars is in there. Can you...can you get US in there somehow?
+When Mario and co. approach the screen...
LOUIS: The pixelated graphiques and low fidelity sound take me all the way back to my childhood...
HUEY: AAAAAAND the Paint Star is definitely in there. But how do WE get in there?
+Eventually, Mario uses Cut-Out to transport the group into the game...

GREEN ENERGY PLANT- SMB3
GAMEPLAY

+Perspective Flip is handled with the L or R Button, rather than the Y Button.
+Rather than a Rescue Squad member, a new optional key item is in the secret section.
+When Mario is exiting a pipe in this level, he doesn't immediately jump off. This allows leeway with the second red pipe.

OLD ENEMIES
Green Koopa (stacked)
Hammer Bro (replaces half the Boomerang Bros)
Fire Bro (replaces Sledge Bro)
Boomerang Bro
Shy Guy (secret section only)
Green Pokey (secret section only)

NEW ENEMIES
8-Bit Goomba
(field enemy only)
HP: 1
ATK: 6

8-Bit Ember(field enemy only)
ATK: 12

8-Bit Bullet Bill (field enemy only)
ATK: 9

STORY
+After landing in a very familiar landscape...
HUEY: Whoa, this is so WEIRD! Everything's all...bleepy and bloopy!
LOUIS: Heh. Some things never change. Here we are, inside a pazzo pixelated world, and there's a Goomba! Try stomping on it like in the old days, or smashing it with your hammer!

+When Mario and friends reach the impassable wall...
HUEY: Hmm...this is a bit of a problem.
NYA: Indeed. How do we pass this impassable wall?
????????: Oh, it is a wall...but maybe it's not a hindrance. Instead of looking at it head-on, let's try changing our perspective a bit.
Catguru appears. This time, only his eyes and face appear, over the cloud.
HUEY: How'd you get in here!?
CATGURU: I travel here, you travel there. Walls are just a barrier, but become floors that grant passage. As does this ability I learned from a fellow mustache lover, and which you need reminding of. Though there is a sacrifice of paint, there is a reward of progress. Press L or R and let go of your expectations...
sOZOxJr.jpg

Mario does so, and he Flips!
CATGURU: A crazy second look at an ordinary first area, no? Do not limit yourself here- feel free to use it everywhere in this realm! But a warning in bliss- as we're not in my home dimension, my gift is limited to 10 seconds. Once time is up, your perspective on things will lose depth, and you'll return to the shallow linearity. But do not be afraid to look back and forth- press L or R to return to normal earlier. Though...where's the fun in that?
Catguru vanishes.

+In the secret roof section, there’s a different forced encounter...
BATTLE! Shy Guy x5, Green Pokey
0BsK6ez.jpg

+After defeating the enemies, Mario and co. find something very peculiar...
MARIO GOT THE PANIC SHARD! 1/4

+When Mario and co. arrives at the Green Mini Paint Star...
HUEY: Hey, look at that! It might be all weird and chunky, but that smells like a Paint Star to me!
+After hitting the pixelated Mini Paint Star...
HUEY: Y O U G O T A M I N I P A I N T S T A R!
??????: You found what you seek. Be sure to never lose what you know nothing of.
Catguru re-appears.
CATGURU: Did my gift grant you new insight, as you earned an adventure through this old ignored location?
HUEY: Yeah! Thanks for your gift, Catguru!
CATGURU: It is always a pleasure, yet never a pain, to help the legendary hero.
EDWIN: Wait! Before you go, Catguru- this is a longshot, but have you ever heard of someone named Shroomsday?
Catguru thinks.
CATGURU: I look through my mind for such a name, yet I find nothing.
EDWIN: Oh...OK. It’s no problem- it’s just he and the Musketeers are causing problems on the island, looking for this Shadhema chick, and we thought-
CATGURU: Shadhema? Now there’s a name I’ve heard long ago, yet which hasn’t been spoken until recently! Many were drawn to that one’s power, yet sought to erase the knowledge of others. And why wouldn’t anyone want the blessing or heart of the Eclipse Princess? They’d have to be crazy to pass on that offer! Even a wizard I knew possessed some sanity!
Catguru’s body disappears.
CATGURU: I’m afraid I can’t stay much longer. I’m delighted I’m being called elsewhere. Until next time.
Catguru’s face disappears.
LOUIS: ...uh, let’s not get all worried here! Maybe if Shadhema wakes up, she’ll feel rusty in her fighting skills, hehe! ...Right?
HUEY: ...Let’s just grab the flag.

STARLIGHT WORKSHOP (cutscene)
+Kolorado is looking around at the various Things and Artifacts in the back room.
KOLORADO: I’ve been rummaging in these dusty halls for hours, yet I keep finding more and more! I should move in here!
?????????: I don’t think that’s good for your health, Kolorado.
Kolorado turns around. Peach, Toadsworth and Kitanu enter the scene.
KOLORADO: Princess Peach! Her royal vassal! And...another fairy?! They’re just arriving like Ant Troopers at a Koopa’s picnic!
KITANU: Wise words, from one who profits on knowledge of the past.
PEACH: And look at all these old objects! I should take a few home to the castle, as souvenirs. They’d really bring new life into the dining room.
TOADSWORTH: Your Majesty, I feel uncomfortable in this gloomy laboratory. Let Master Mario handle Bowser Junior!
PEACH: We’re safe in here, Toadsworth! ...although, there’s something I didn’t like about the door leading into this room.
The gold Huey statue rumbles.
PEACH: And I have the feeling we should stay away from this statue of Huey...
Toadsworth moves in front of Peach, angered.
TOADSWORTH: Well, I insist we should return aboard the Sunset Express and head back to-!
KOLORADO: Old bean, where’s your sense of adventure? Your man, Mario, risks himself saving the Princess all the time, yet he seems no less beaten down. Perhaps you should take a page out of Mario’s book!
TOADSWORTH: (sadly) ...I wish I could, my good fellow- but my body’s so old and small. All I have is this cane. And I didn’t attach the pogo add-on from that commercial before I left! Those animals make it look incredibly easy...
KOLORADO: Hmm...I’m sure one of the King’s Artifact prototypes could give you a hand! The Rubber Duck- the remains of a young child’s bathing toy! The Radiator- deceptively hard to find, but harder to compete in heat with! The Violin- proof of Prism Island’s musical inspirations! And of course, the High Heel- presumably reverse engineered from the Blight King’s partn- what’s this?
?????? ??, ??????: ...bberrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Bowser Jr. and Motley land on top of Toadsworth, conking him out.
TOADSWORTH: Gibblegibble...Did anyone catch the...number on that piece of garbage-?
Toadsworth faints.
PEACH: TOADSWORTH! Oh, if you hadn’t been standing there, I would’ve been hurt instead!
Motley and Junior come to.
MOTLEY: Oh, my head...
BOWSER JUNIOR: That double-crossing veggie...!
Kolorado walks towards Junior and Motley.
KOLORADO: Merlon’s beard! Someone else is after these Artifacts?
BOWSER JUNIOR: Get lost, old man!
Bowser Junior breathes fire on Kolorado.
KOLORADO: Ow, ow, it burns! It really, really burns!
Kolorado runs out of the room.
KOLORADO: I was daft in thinking I’d built up heat resistance...!

MOTLEY: Uh, Prince Junior, I don’t like the looks of this place. Maybe we should get out of here, before-!
BOWSER JUNIOR: Aw, you’re such a worrywart! Besides, it’s not all bad! Look- “Mamma” Peach! And a rare sticker.
KITANU: I am far more than just a sticker, young prince. I am Kitanu, a Sticker Fairy, and you should stop to consider what action to take next-
JUNIOR: “Hey, guys, I’m a Sticker Fairy, blahblahblah. I think I’m so smart, using big words like consider and action.” ZIP IT, PAL!
PEACH: Junior, I’ve been trying to find you! What changed you so much?
JUNIOR: None of your beeswax! After we capture you, we’ll find a way out of here. Then, we’re looking for Shroomy, and I’m gonna force him to send me and you to the other dimension!
PEACH: But why do you want to go there so much? Also, “Shroomy”?
JUNIOR: Yeah, that underhanded mushroom! With his help, even if I have to poke out some of his eyes, I’ll finally be back with my d-
MOTLEY: N-n-n-n...no. ...No.
JUNIOR: Whatdya mean, no?! I’m the Prince! You can’t say no to me!
MOTLEY: Well, I just did. I told you to get rid of that gross mushroom. You didn’t listen. I suggested you leave the Sticker Comet alone. You didn’t listen. I thought trusting that scary goat lady with the containment device was a bad idea. You didn’t listen! I wanted us to be friends, and you listened, but you didn’t want anything to do with me! Well, I hope this trip was worth it, because we’re heading back home! And I’m not pursuing this anymore, your Majesty!
JUNIOR: Yeah, you mean you’re heading back home, while I do this alone WHOA!
Junior avoids a magic blast from Motley.
JUNIOR: Have you gone BONKERS, Clown Boy!? When I tell Pops you tried hitting me with a magic spell while kidnapping Peach, he’s gonna-!
MOTLEY: Your “Pops” sent me here to keep an eye on you, and keep you safe. If I have to knock you out and bring you back to his castle to save you, then so be it. If I have to tell him you tried to skip town with the Princess, I’ll do it. Because I had this crazy idea I could be your new buddy, and I wanted to actually be your friend...isn’t that stupid?
Motley chases after Junior, firing at him.
PEACH: Wait! Maybe we could sit down and-?!
KITANU: This is not our fight, Princess. The young clown must prove himself.
Eventually, they’re right in front of the gold Huey statue.
JUNIOR: C-c-c-come on, Motley! You’re not thinking straight! We can talk about this, and-!
MOTLEY: You had your chance to talk about it. It’s too late for that. What I do now, it’s as a servant to King Bowser!
Motley fires at Bowser Junior. Junior ducks out of the way, causing the magic blast to hit the statue instead, creating a hole.
MOTLEY: Uh, well, the next one should get you!
Motley charges up another magic blast.
Suddenly, and without warning...black paint pours out of the hole in the Huey statue.
BGM- ROYal Rumble (Black)
PEACH: Uh, Motley...?
MOTLEY: I’m not falling for your tricks, Princess! Even if they have good intentions!
JUNIOR: Seriously, pal, there’s a huge-!
MOTLEY: This time, I’m making sure you...you...
The black paint gathers around Motley.
MOTLEY: This, uh...this can’t be good AAAAAAAAH!
The black paint smothers Motley.
JUNIOR: Forget this! I’m making a break for-
The black paint pulls Junior towards Motley. It also grabs Peach, while swatting Kitanu away.
KITANU: This strength! Whatever lurked in that statue- is a danger to...all of...us.
Kitanu faints. As he does, the Sticker Comet symbol appears upon him, cracking apart.
JUNIOR: YAUUUGH!
PEACH: MARIO! TOADSWORTH! SAVE MEEEEEE-!
The screen turns black, and the BGM fades out. However...
??????????: (black textbox) THEY WILL ALL FEEL- THE TRUE POWER OF THE BLACK PAINT.

MOSSROCK THEATER
GAMEPLAY

+On the second screen, there are several hard and soft fences. They require Nya to navigate.
+On the third screen, the Monkhairas throw their bananas side-by-side, depending on where Mario is. They throw them just fast enough to prevent normal walking from working, yet slow enough for Kidd’s speed to circumvent their monkey business. To further force the situation, fences prevent Louis from Memphawk Jumping.
+The Purple and Orange Mini Paint Stars have been combined into a Double Pant Star.
+There’s no curtain cord on the fourth screen. This means Kidd must be used to speed past the Monkhairas’ bananas. To further force the situation, fences prevent Louis from Memphawk Jumping.

OLD ENEMIES
Scuttlebug
Dino Rhino
Arantula
Monkhaira
Quincada
Rebazy Dayzee
Broozer
Carrishroom
Monstroom

NEW ENEMIES
Phantom
(blue palette swap of Ember)
HP: 22
ATK: 14 (poison)
DEF: 0 (poison body)

Amazy Dayzee (RECUT ENEMY)- i.imgur.com/zDvjlfs.png
HP: 200
ATK: 70 (singing [sleep]- one of five attacks whose power cannot be blocked)
DEF: 2 (will run away if HP reaches between 0-30)
EXP: 40%
QUOTE 1: My performance is pure gold, heehee!
QUOTE 2: Tonight, Mario becomes this Dayzee’s red carpet!
QUOTE 3: Nighty night, Mario!
QUOTE 4 (near defeat): I need to switch record labels- I’m not paid enough for this!
NOTES: Amazy Dayzee very, very rarely appears (1/30 chance) during battles with Rebazy Dayzee.
ErmypI5.jpg

POLLINATOR FLOWERS
Entrance- Purple
First long screen end- Blue
First circus bridge left- Green
First circus bridge lower area- Red
First circus bridge right- Orange
Second long screen middle- Yellow
Second circus bridge lower area- Monochrome

CHARACTER CHANGES
Double Paint Star Male Green Toad > Green Toadette girl

STORY
+When Mario and co. arrive at the entrance...
??????????: Is that all the strength you possess, you geometric dumb muscle?
? ??????: Keep flapping yer gams, beastie! I could keep this up all day!
O’Chunks and Shroomsday are still fighting each other.
SHROOMSDAY: We shall see which yields first- your body, or your spirit. Either way, we will parade your beaten body around to demonstrate our might.
O’CHUNKS: Then I’m really goin’ teh have teh start gettin’ chunky. Because a’hm jus’ warmin’ up!
O’Chunks and Shroomsday keep trading blows, as they continue northwards.

+After defeating the Carrishrooms in the middle of the second screen, Mario and co. press Stabyl T of Blue Rescue Squad back into shape.

+Upon arriving in the third area, the gang sees Shroomsday wallop O’Chunks back and forth.
SHROOMSDAY: So tell us, you insolent large troublemaker- what made you think you could withstand our power?!
O’CHUNKS: Ah don’t need teh think when a’hm whackin’ weeds like yeh. But ah know yeh talk a lot fer someone who’s been fightin’ agains’ me fer nearly a day!
O’Chunks socks Shroomsday in the face.
Shroomsday upsides O’Chunks.
The two get into a dustcloud, punching and whipping each other.
HUEY: *sniffsniffsniff*
KIDD: What is it, Huey? Don’t tell me you want to pick some flowers!
Huey shakes his head.
NYA: Trouble at Hither Thither Mill?
Huey shakes his head again.
EDWIN: ...there’s black paint coming towards us, isn’t there?
Huey nods.
EDWIN: We better hurry.

+After entering the last screen...
O’Chunks and Shroomsday are exhausted.
O’CHUNKS: Yeh’ve got a lot o’fight in yeh, beastie!
SHROOMSDAY: And your strength is an abnormality. Only that EGOTISTICAL GARDEN GRUB ever equalled us in power before. Where does this strength come from?
O’CHUNKS: Yeh really dunnae get it, yeh thorned lummox? Mah strength comes from mah desire teh protect me lass Nastasia! And all me friends!
SHROOMSDAY: ...we once felt like that, so very long ago. But that time has long passed. Now, you will face the unstoppable wrath of the Shadow Queen’s remaining creation, who surpasses all we see-!
Shroomsday starts sniffing. O’Chunks joins him.
O’CHUNKS: AIIIII! Way teh cut one, beastie!
SHROOMSDAY: This odor is not ours, shaped one. ...What IS that accursed stench?! It smells like...

+Up in the sky, Morton and Lemmy are on an airship.
MORTON: That’s it, you slimy purple mushroom-fungus- Morton’s got you now! It took me a while, but now I know why Junior confiscated the Black Bills- you told him to! Too bad we’re turning it on you, buddy!
LEMMY: What a display of revenge this will prove! I can just hear the crowds cheering now, as the foul beast enters its throes of demise!
MORTON: Drop the bomb on that monster! Then Junior’ll change his mind and call me... “Even Morton”!
WcgTDTd.jpg

SHY GUY: Right away, Lord Morton!
The Black Bill drops.

+As everyone is down below...
SHROOMSDAY: Rrgggh...you will not destroy us that easily!
Shroomsday stretches his tendrils very far, towards the Black Bill.

The tendrils make contact with the Black Bill! ...However, they disintegrate upon contact with the large weapon.

+Down below...
O’CHUNKS: This cannae be good...
SHROOMSDAY: AAAAAAAAUGH! WHAT IS THIS UNIMAGINABLE PAIN?! WE MUST NOT LET IT REACH US!
Shroomsday fires lasers at his tendrils, cutting them off.

+Up above, the lasers hit the airship.
LEMMY: Our mushroom opponent had another trick up his spiky sleeves!
MORTON: Never mind, Lemmy! Come on, Flying Bertha- just keep steady until we land!
The ruined airship flies off.

+Back down below, Shroomsday is still in agony.
SHROOMSDAY: ERGH, ERGH, ERGH! This situation is far worse than we could have prepared for! We must consult Aace!
Shroomsday opens a portal. He then waddles through it.
O’CHUNKS: Where d’yeh think yer goin’?!
O’Chunks jumps into the portal after Shroomsday. The portal closes.
EDWIN: O’CHUNKS!
Everyone hears a dropping sound.
HUEY: We got bigger problems above us, Edwin. Uh, everyone duck and cover. And shield your eyes. It’ll, uh, get in them real bad.
Mario and co. do so.
The sound of the Bullet Bill exploding is heard.
Once again, a strange void suction sound is heard.
HUEY: Oh, jeez, that one gave me a little- Uh, I mean ALL CLEAR!
Mario and co. reopen their eyes.
EDWIN: Huey! You OK?
Mario and co. are alarmed to see Huey clutching his stomache.
HUEY: I’ll...I’ll be alright. It’s just black paint. Nothing I can’t handle.
EDWIN: Neither could Shroomsday. He couldn’t even touch the stuff. But you could. Huey- what’s going on?
HUEY: I’m...not the best guy for that story, Edwin. But I know someone who is...the Emerald Grand Paint Star! The King told me Emerald was the first Grand Paint Star he ever made. It knows almost as much about the island’s history as he does! We rescue it, you get your answers. For now, let’s grab that Mini Paint Star up ahead.
3SxfQwj.jpg

Back