2001: A Mario Odyssey

I bet it's the brain of a wiggler they uploaded into a robot body to get revenge on Mario for flooding it's house.

They better not botch this boss fight because unlike the bunnies, that lame bird thing, King Ka-Thunk, Sorbetti, the Koopalings, Wingo, and Boss Brolder, this one actually looks like a legit threat. Kind of how like Kingfin and Bouldergeist were good fights even though they weren't that hard.

I'm having images of Mario jumping and running from skyscraper top to skyscraper top as it chases after him, leaving a path of ruin in its wake.

Time Turner said:
YoshiGo99 said:
uh has this ever been talked about on here yet?

tumblr_ojsiblnw5x1rrftcdo1_500.gif

I saw this on Supper Mario Broth, they believe the people in black suits dissolve when Mario gets close to them. Could they be enemies?
That seems more like a technical goof than anything.
speaking of technical goofs, mario isn't swinging on the pole, he's swinging on the air below it

LeftyGreenMario said:
While everyone focuses on the humans, why does no one ever discuss on how ridiculously un-Mario this is as well? This thing doesn't even look like it belongs in a Mario game and that's what I love about it.

SMO_Robotic_Caterpillar.PNG
As if everything in that level didn't scream Sonic enough, despite the legit attempt at connecting it to the Donkey Kong game...

I just thought of a possibility, however small the chances are of it happening.

If there is DLC for this game. What if they have it so Mario has a level in other Nintendo universes?

Say for example they did a Metroid level where Mario fcan jump on mooks from Metroid and fights Ridley as a boss in the end. (Regardless how much that might make Metroid fans sad that the best Metroid game in years is a Mario game). With the very premise of the game of Mario universe hopping I feel it'd be a pretty good idea should they have DLC.

I'm not counting on it to happen, but it just popped up in my mind today.

LeftyGreenMario said:
While everyone focuses on the humans, why does no one ever discuss on how ridiculously un-Mario this is as well? This thing doesn't even look like it belongs in a Mario game and that's what I love about it.

SMO_Robotic_Caterpillar.PNG

looks like something from ff12 tbh

although im not generally too cool with this kind of thing but who knows

^ If that's the only thing that climbs the Empire State-like building in Odyssey, then I'd consider it a big opportunity waster if there's no King Kong/Donkey Kong ape-like character climbing atop (which would be perfect being New Donk City).

Shokora said:
^ If that's the only thing that climbs the Empire State-like building in Odyssey, then I'd consider it a big opportunity waster if there's no King Kong/Donkey Kong ape-like character climbing atop (which would be perfect being New Donk City).

If robotics are the new thing, would this count?

DKBB_Giant_CyberKong.png

Cant wait for Mario Odyssey.Which is the next 3D platformer, open world( In new donk city)
For an Upcoming platform game, it has most views nice! :bowser:

I'm praying it's an indication of how many secrets are left in the area, and once you clear them all, the Bowser flag becomes a Mario flag.

I'm praying.

J-Yoshi64 said:
I'm concerned about what the presence of the Checkpoint Flag implies.
Actually, I forgot to add to the wiki, but the trailer shows that the nearest activated checkpoint flag emit a rainbow pillar of light, likely indicating the respawn point.
I wouldn't worry too much about it.

By the way, I stopped adding frames from the trailer because I didn't want to flood the page with prerelease screenshots, but since a gallery has been created, would you like me to add more frames from the trailer? If so, which subjects would you like me to cover?

SMBDX is the best GB game ever, period.

Let's hope Nintendo puts a cutscene in this that takes inspiration from Mario's Castle Calamity!

SuperDoom said:
Let's hope Nintendo puts a cutscene in this that takes inspiration from Mario's Castle Calamity!
from who---
y6DoW90.png

...whatever it is, it must not be official so I doubt they would take any inspiration from it

SuperDoom said:
... So you mean Super Mario World cutscenes

I keep thinking of that Gmod one in Youtube, which I was familiar with first, lol.

Back