Let's Have a Poochy Emoticon

Shoko

Dry Bowser
Wiki Bureaucrat
'Shroom Consultant
MarioWiki
Shokora
:poochy:

Does our community-wide lord and saviour not have an emoticon?

I think we need one. Post possible emoticons here!

A couple of my own, based on a SMW2 sprite:

Option 1:
H4zzwfw.png

Option 2: which is slightly modified
w9TLW7U.png

Option 3: (Pyro Guy)
oCHEE46.png

Option 4: (2257, from File:Oie poochy.gif)
Oie_poochy.gif

Option 5: (more of a side profile, suggestion from Anton)
SMA3_Sprite_-_Poochy.gif

Option 6: (Johnroberts)
AXoUV4H.png

I claim credit for this idea. I've been complaining about how we don't have :poochy: for ages.

Bob Eubanks said:
I claim credit for this idea.

tumblr_ntd5hty75d1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

May I suggest using more of side profile, like in this (or flipped to facing right):
Poochy.jpg

To me, at least, it's more flattering, and it's also more of the iconic image of him

Or even the gif of him wiggling his butt
tumblr_m04qznahw61r0ralmo1_500.gif

I'd normally agree that new emoticons are pointless, but with Poochy being such a massive community thing, there is a tiny possibility.

Dr. Alphys said:
Bob Eubanks said:
I claim credit for this idea. I've been complaining about how we don't have :poochy: for ages.
pics

And that's why I regret posting while in ego mode. School does it to me for whatever reason.

First of all going to criticize our current nominations we have so far. The Poochy emoticon size should be around consistent with our current cast of smileys. That means, the sprite should be no bigger 25x25. The sprite with the largest dimension, our posh one, has 25px as its height, which should be the max, and even so, the one YoshiKong selected still looks a bit big in comparison with the other smileys, which usually are 20-23, the Bowser one being that dimension.

I don't know the hidden ones, not going through them to sort out the outliers like that Kirby swimming or sleeping one, but let's just say those are the exceptions.

And second, if you're going to make a sprite, please make it have transparency. Looking at you, JohnRoberts.

So far, The Pyro Guy has my favorite icon of the bunch and the one that looks the most consistent with the rest of our smileys, besides the palette which I believe isn't the same as the palette we use for the smileys. The rear is a bit flat and blocky though, it should be a bit more rounded.

Baby Luigi said:
besides the palette which I believe isn't the same as the palette we use for the smileys. The rear is a bit flat and blocky though, it should be a bit more rounded.

The smiley is actually based off of August's hard picross, hence the squarish frame. And I just used colour picker to select the colours, but that can easily be palette swapped to have the colours of a .gif. So, that can easily change.

Baby Luigi said:
And second, if you're going to make a sprite, please make it have transparency. Looking at you, JohnRoberts.
Hey that's like, the least concern of this topic. Anyway it's an easy fix.

I agree that Pyro Guy has the right idea, the dimensions and design seem the most preferable so far. But ultimately it's Porple's agreement on whether any new emoticons are added, or which is added. Whatever happens, I'm cool with it.

YoshiKong said:
Baby Luigi said:
Hey that's like, the least concern of this topic. Anyway it's an easy fix.

just saving us extra time and inconvenience by pointing that out

The one that I like the most is Pyro Guy's, mostly because it is consistent with other icons. Still though, it amuses me that DK2 exists (and is a larger icon than usual).

Thanks for reading.

[quote author=me yesterday]
Jrfi7Sf.png
[/quote]
Mbgn9uE.png

Rounded rear and new palette based off of existing emoticons.

Back