Nintendo's official Japanese bios

So, I did a quick search, and so far I found page 18 of the Super Mario Bros. Daizukan, a book written under the supervision of Nintendo and published in 1994, that pretty much states on page 18 that indeed plumbing is the job of Mario and Luigi, although not many people know this, since they are often seen doing something else.

If anything, this cover confirmed that two years later this was still the case:
SMWGPB3_Cover.png

The book was first published the 25th of December 1996, and curiously, the book has pretty much nothing to do with plumbing or pipes, so those are an explicit reference to Mario and Luigi's job rather than the content of the book (mind you, Ludwig and the Galoombas are indeed major characters in the book, so the cover isn't completely unrelated to the content of the book).

So, yeah, plumbing was something that went on after Mario Bros., even in Japan; actually, the German site of the Encyclopedia Super Mario Bros. still calls Mario an Italian plumber...

On the topic of official Japanese content, there's a few Mario Maker related skits with Mary. O. and Yamamura (hoping I spelled the latter's name right) in Japanese that could take some work. Dunno if this needs its own thread, but yeah.

Camwoodstock said:
On the topic of official Japanese content, there's a few Mario Maker related skits with Mary. O. and Yamamura (hoping I spelled the latter's name right) in Japanese that could take some work. Dunno if this needs its own thread, but yeah.
Those were actually fully translated by NOE, you can see the full translation of the episodes here (click on ''The story so far..." links to go back up to episode 1). Only the 3DS episode is missing.

Tell games journalism that.

Oh wait, it's something that can't get them clicks so my bad.

Back