2016 NFL Season

I'm so sad because my Raiders play in Mexico City tomorrow and I couldn't get tickets.

Hobbes said:
I'm so sad because my Raiders play in Mexico City tomorrow and I couldn't get tickets.

Sorry man. How far are you from the stadium?

I am incredibly happy we won, but I am also terribly ashamed at the behavior of the people in attendance. There are many things they did and it frankly embarrasses me to even list them.

I just kind of assume anyone who's attending a game is an asshole. You had a fan in Toronto throwing a full beer can at Hyun-Soo Kim in that wildcard game, Cincy/Steelers fans cheering when an opposing player got hurt, and then there was that Seahawks fan throwing popcorn at Navorro Bowman as he got carted off.

It's definitely worse during the playoffs, though.

Sabre said:
I attended a game just last week :(

Which game?

Magikrazy said:
So apparently Lions are in 1st right now.

I'm telling you, this is the year of miracles.

I remember talking to SM after the Lions lost to the Bears and he was really down in the dumps. Things changed pretty quickly.

GalacticPetey said:
Hey, remember when the Panthers were undefeated? Remember when we were in the Super Bowl? Yeah. That was fun.

I was wondering where all the Panther fans went, I remember this thread being more active last year.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000760503/article/nfl-announces-2017-pro-bowl-rosters?campaign=tw-nf-sf47633981-sf47633981

Pro Bowl makes me sad.

Oh dear no D: D: D: apparently he was saying he felt like it broke but I hope that was just the commentators making wild guesses.

He was mouthing words when he was on the ground but I ain't no lip reader. But watching the replay he had his leg planted in the ground as Cole twisted him around for the sack, so it could be serious.

I've never had much confidence in McGloin so I pray to all football gods it's not serious. Come on, not in our single good season in 14 years.

EDIT: Broken fibula, out indefinitely :'(

I didn't watch today's game considering I figured the Lions were going to lose and I feel better with a loss if I didn't watch the game as compared to seeing the full game.

But man, next week is going to be tense. And I may not even watch much of the next game either. Because it's the Packers. NFC North at Stake. Possibility of Lions missing the playoffs altogether if they lose and the Redskins win. They'll probably remind people watching of the Hail Mary from last year several times in the broadcast.

Thus unless the Lions are in a comfortable lead late in the 4th. I don't think I could possibly bring myself to watch it.

Also my highest hopes for the Lions this season have gone down a bit. If the Lions win the NFC North that'd be enough for this season. As after the Cowboys and Giants games, this just may not be the year for a Lions playoff win. They're lucky to be in this position. I thought that after that streak of wins they may have figured out things to win at least one Playoff game. Though I never thought the Lions were contenders for a Super Bowl this year. I still feel that's about 2-3 years away. But winning the North by the skin of their teeth would at least show a promising start for our new GM. So he can analyze the team over the offseason and make the moves in the draft and/or free agency to make sure the next time they're leading the division they win it handily without the pressure of it coming down to the final game

Listen, man. You gotta do it. The North needs you to do it. I don't wanna see the Pack in another playoff game, man. Do it for us.

The Patriots are #1 in the league, the Broncos are shit, the Jets are at their most embarrassing, and the Colts and Ravens both missed the playoffs. Man, is there anything that could make this season better?

welp. I figured that would happen. Packers got the creampuff schedule, Lions get the bad luck of having to face two of the toughest NFC teams. They lose their confidence having lost 2 in a row while Packers come in hot on a streak.

Still, I should have some pride. For one, I didn't watch most of the game. So I'm not as depressed as I would be. 2. They're in the Playoffs, in a year most thought they'd drop off a cliff without Calvin. That's still an accomplishment.

Granted, I don't think they're beating the Seahawks in their place. But for Lions fans a Playoff Berth is still a miracle every now and then.

Still, going to avoid most football stuff until the Playoffs start. Because if I make the mistake about tuning in to the NFL Network or any sports news stuff. I'll come face-to-face with slobber all over Aaron Rodgers.

Northern Verve said:
welp. I figured that would happen. Packers got the creampuff schedule, Lions get the bad luck of having to face two of the toughest NFC teams. They lose their confidence having lost 2 in a row while Packers come in hot on a streak.

Still, I should have some pride. For one, I didn't watch most of the game. So I'm not as depressed as I would be. 2. They're in the Playoffs, in a year most thought they'd drop off a cliff without Calvin. That's still an accomplishment.

Granted, I don't think they're beating the Seahawks in their place. But for Lions fans a Playoff Berth is still a miracle every now and then.

Still, going to avoid most football stuff until the Playoffs start. Because if I make the mistake about tuning in to the NFL Network or any sports news stuff. I'll come face-to-face with slobber all over Aaron Rodgers.

dont worry, one day he'll retire and we can watch the packers rotate through journeyman quarterbacks for a decade.

So anyway, if I may do a little bit of prediction for the Super Bowl.

I think the Patriots are going to win the AFC. The Chiefs or the Steelers may give them a run for their money. But it'll be tough for any team in the AFC to beat them at Foxboro.

The NFC is a bit more of a toss-up. I could see the Cowboys potentially taking it all the way, but then you have the Giants who are notorious for lighting up in the Playoffs no matter their record (And who are the only team to beat the Cowboys this season aside from the Eagles in Week 17. Though the Eagles game can be argued on stuff like resting starters). And I can't rule out the Falcons either considering I've heard Matt Ryan's done pretty well this season.

As for who's winning the whole thing. I gotta lean towards the Patriots, even if we get Patriots-Giants Part 3. Cause if there's one thing this Patriots team has that the previous times they faced the Giants in the Super Bowl didn't. Is that their Defense may be the best the Patriots have had in a long time.

If the Patriots do win the Super Bowl. I'll be looking forward to the awkward picture of Goodell handing out the Lombardi Trophy to Tom in the same season he got his way about Brady's suspension.

Back