2016 NFL Season

Hobbes said:
ThePeachinator said:
What about the Packys? :p
KDck7YF.png

It had to be done.

..............OMFW. OMG. YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW HARD I LAUGHED.

And the Patriots are officially 3-0 into the 4-game suspension of Tom Brady. Shutting out the Texans 27-0.

If I haven't already made it clear, I may not be a Patriots fan. But I respect them enough to know that the suspension and any punishment from Deflategate was stupid and no factual backing. To be honest if the Lions don't do well this year one of my secondary things I wouldn't mind is Tom Brady essentially having 4 Bye Weeks and going on a Rampage on the entire NFL the rest of the Season As he now has at least 13 games (That's including a likely Playoff spot). If the suspension actually ends up backfiring on every idiot fan who accuses the Patriots of cheating hidden behind a veil of jealously then so be it.

If Brady gets another ring on this year he should place it on the Middle finger right in Goodell's face.

Hell I wouldn't even be mad about it if it somehow turns out this year's Super Bowl was Patriots-Lions and the Patriots win (Cause for one thing at least the Lions would of gotten to their first Super Bowl).

Patriots won last night!
The Packys and the Lions lost last week :(
I looked at the schedule for games and on Sunday, the Packys and Lions are playing against each other O_O
Who to root for lol? I'll probably go Lions.
No disrespect to the cheesehead packy lol.

By living in New England I'm kinda obligated to root for the Pats, but I'd totally root for a team called the Packys.

im rooting for you lions

i mean i still picked green bay in my pick 'em league but i'll be ok if you win

Aoi Asahina said:
im rooting for you lions

i mean i still picked green bay in my pick 'em league but i'll be ok if you win

I'm not even watching the game. But just scoreboard watching it's already 24-3 for the Packers. I apologize in advance. Not watching so I'm not so sad

Detroit Lions lost :( But Green Bay Packers won! Glad I was rooting for both (only for the Packers as a sign of loyalty lol)
I swear this is the best threäd ever......I can't get over Cheesehead Packy lol.

Northern Verve said:
Northern Verve said:

>Same score against the Bears after the first half

need a pat pat, crash?

eh, cowboy's o-line is really good, i lost track of how many defensive players we lost and hoyer the destroyer waited until garbage time to throw a pass longer than 9 yards, it's about how i expected this night to play out.

now if i knew we were losing this bad and we were healthy i'd probably be crying.

Patriots and Lions play on Sunday! (not versus each other lol) HYPE!
I find it great fun to sit around watching football and eating game food lol.

if the bears beat the lions i'll be happy

if they lose i will not be surprised

edit: GODDAMN MAN THAT'S OUR THIRD RUNNING BACK DON'T DO THIS

Hobbes said:
Aoi Asahina said:
Hobbes said:
3-1 baby!

1-3, we're officially as good as the panthers
I know your pain :( three of our four previous seasons were 1-3 or 0-4 starts. Hopefully you can turn your season around soon.

I think we'd be in a better position if we weren't so plagued by injuries, I'd like to say 2-2 but that might just be wishful thinking on my part. The sad part is that even though we won I gotta listen to folks wanting Hoyer to start instead of Cutty.

I like Carr tho, hopefully you guys can get him a good defense.

unrelated, but this happened during the lions/bears game.

How do you guys feel about this week? I'm hoping we can get enough out of Howard and our pass rush to squeak out a win, but also half of our defense is dead, Hoyer probably won't win a shootout and I'm stupid.

The other games I'm interested in are the Cowboys vs. the Bengals and the Falcons vs. the Broncos. Giants vs Packers could be interesting, too.

Looking forward the most to Dallas vs Cincinnati, I think that game will tell us a lot about both teams.

My personal picks of the week:

Was @ Bal
NE @ Cle
Phi @ Det
Chi @ Ind
Ten @ Mia
Hou @ Min
NYJ @ Pit
Atl @ Den
Cin @ Dal
Buf @ LA
SD @ Oak
NYG @ GB
TB @ Car

My upsets of the week are Detroit over Philadelphia and Atlanta over Denver.

I typically believe a great defense beats a great offense, but Denver faces its first real offense this season in the Falcons(The Panthers' only good showing was against the 49ers, arguably the worst team in the league). Quarterbacks like Derek Carr and Drew Brees had their way through the air against the Falcons pass defense, but it won't be the same story with Paxton Lynch. I predict that the Falcons will win the turnover battle and convert for points on short fields while Denver's offense struggles to keep up. 27-17 Falcons.

The Eagles are still somewhat of an enigma to me, partially thanks to their early bye week and thus only 3 games to go off of. Two wins against very bad teams and one decisive one against a very good team. Geoff Schwartz has a good track record as defensive coordinator and I won't deny Philly has a good defense, but they still have some proving to do before they're talked about in the same way Denver and Minnesota are. Given Pittsburgh's other dominating performances, the egg they laid on week 3 is feeling more like an anomaly. I predict the Lions find their offense the way they did in the second half against Green Bay and win at home on the arm of Stafford. 31-30 Lions.

After the Lions, the Eagles have a brutal 4-week stretch in their schedule consisting of 3 divisional games all on the road with a home game against the Vikings sandwiched in between. Once November rolls around we should have a much better idea of whether the Eagles are here to stay in the NFC race. The NFC East currently feels like a 2-team race between Philadelphia and Dallas, unless New York finds a way to overcome its injuries at key positions. Redskins do not look good but Sunday could be their chance in the battle of Maryland teams.

Was @ Bal
NE @ Cle
Phi @ Det
Chi @ Ind
Ten @ Mia
Hou @ Min
NYJ @ Pit
Atl @ Den
Cin @ Dal
Buf @ LA
SD @ Oak
NYG @ GB
TB @ Car

Det over Phi is pretty ballsy, I think the Lion's defense is too banged up (especially since they won't have Ansah last I checked) and the Eagle's defensive line is too good for me to have much confidence in that outcome.

Hobbes said:
I don't want to get too confident but I'm feeling very good about our chances hosting the Chargers.

I'd definitely take the Raiders. Chargers losing Verrett is huge, too.

Aoi Asahina said:
Det over Phi is pretty ballsy, I think the Lion's defense is too banged up (especially since they won't have Ansah last I checked) and the Eagle's defensive line is too good for me to have much confidence in that outcome.

I stand corrected.

Back