2016 NFL Season

Northern Verve said:
even if we get Patriots-Giants Part 3.
don't you put that evil on me
On the other hand...
Northern Verve said:
If the Patriots do win the Super Bowl. I'll be looking forward to the awkward picture of Goodell handing out the Lombardi Trophy to Tom in the same season he got his way about Brady's suspension.
This would be absolutely GLORIOUS.

Northern Verve said:
As for who's winning the whole thing. I gotta lean towards the Patriots, even if we get Patriots-Giants Part 3.

I want so badly for this demon to be excised.

I was not into football when Super Bowl 42 happened. I've only heard stories from my father. I can only imagine the pain of a loss of that magnitude.

The year of Super Bowl 46 was my second year as a football fan. I remember thinking at the time that it had to be destiny. But alas for me and many others, it was not... If my team gets presented another opportunity at revenge, it cannot be blown.

*sigh*... It's unbelievable how an injury can finish an entire team's season. Hopefully we can build off this and strengthen our defense for next season.

That last TD drive got my hopes up, but something like this was unavoidable when your QB is making his first career start in a playoff game.

Still, this was an amazing season, especially because no one expected this from us. Considering how I became a Raiders fan during our previous playoffs in 2002-2003, this season has been by far the most entertaining one for me to watch in all my time as a Raiders fan.

Hobbes said:
*sigh*... It's unbelievable how an injury can finish an entire team's season. Hopefully we can build off this and strengthen our defense for next season.

That last TD drive got my hopes up, but something like this was unavoidable when your QB is making his first career start in a playoff game.

Still, this was an amazing season, especially because no one expected this from us. Considering how I became a Raiders fan during our previous playoffs in 2002-2003, this season has been by far the most entertaining one for me to watch in all my time as a Raiders fan.

Hard to expect a team to come back from losing their starting QB unless you've got a shutdown defense.

Northern Verve said:
Tuxedo Ridley said:
Northern Verve said:
even if we get Patriots-Giants Part 3.
don't you put that evil on me

Good news, There's no way that will happen now.

But now I have to root for the Cowboys next week... bleh...

:( where's playoff eli when ya need him

Well that's got to be the worst clusterfuck to inexplicably result in a 3-score win in NFL history

Well the good news is, for it weren't for those two turnovers. Patriots would of almost shut them out again. 10 of their 16 points came after Turnovers in their own zone.

But if the Patriots struggle like that against the Steelers or Chiefs. They could find themselves in real trouble next week.

I don't really expect them to show up like that again next week. Bill gets on their asses enough after one bad game. If they were to put out back-to-back playoff games like that...I don't think anyone would leave the locker room alive.

I'm hoping Atlanta can go all the way (or at least make it to the SB if the Steelers make it)

They've been really overshadowed despite how good they've been, especially since Matty Ice usually gets left out of the MVP conversation whenever it's brought up.

Oh boy, that was quite a game. I was rooting for the Cowboys because my dad is a diehard Cowboys fan but there's no denying Rodgers is a beast.

for the record i got no problem with the boys getting eliminated

i just needed the pack to get eliminated first

@NFC Championship game

sweet justice

Now I don't care who wins this year

Patriots? I actually like the Patriots, and as I said before. Seeing Goodell have to give the Lombardi to Tom would be glorious.

Steelers? They're also a successful franchise I've rooted for in the Super Bowl before.

Falcons? It'd be their first, and that's always special.

I've never liked the Steelers so as long as it's not them I'll be OK. If the Super Bowl were Pats - Falcons I'd actually root for the Falcons to win their first Super Bowl.

Northern Verve said:
Steelers? They're also a successful franchise I've rooted for in the Super Bowl before.
Let me guess, you were that one guy cheering for the Galactic Empire

Tuxedo Ridley said:
Northern Verve said:
Let me guess, you were that one guy cheering for the Galactic Empire

Heh, I like to think it as even though I'm a fan of one of the historically worst teams. I recognize that it takes great effort it takes to have a consistently good team for so long. Cause it's something I hope the Lions can achieve one day to make up for how bad they've been for a while.

Maybe if I was a fan of an AFC North or East team other then Pittsburgh's or New Englands. I'd hate the Steelers and Patriots as much as I do the Packers. But since they're not, I just view them as good NFL teams that have achieved greatness. Though I think I rooted for the Steelers against the Cardinals, and the Seahawks just because they're closer to Michigan then the other teams. Strangely when the Steelers they faced the Packers and lost I didn't care who won since I didn't hate the Packers... yet. (Cause the Lions sucked so much at the time I hardly cared about them)

Northern Verve said:
@NFC Championship game

sweet justice

my soul is at ease

I think I'll be fine as long as the Steelers or Falcons win, sorry Tux/KPH but I can't root for Martellus :daisy:

Patriots Vs. Falcons it is.

That should be a good game. I think the Patriots have the edge for having a better defense. Though that Falcons offense will certainly give them a challenge. It should hopefully be a good game, and I'll be ok with whomever wins.

ix0XGxG.jpg

I follow a lot of animal pages on Facebook. This particular corgi is a Patriots fan.

WHAT A FUCKING GAME

Back