Your political type according to Pew Research Center

Solid liberal, not surprising.
Some of the questions really needed more than two answers. I often picked answers that weren't exactly my opinion.

Business Conservative for me.

some of these questions are really frustratingly black and white

and i got young outsider, mostly because i was split in either direction on several of the welfare and racial and immigration questions

2257 said:
im 0% optimistic about the nation's future
lol, I have the same location as you on the line graph.

And I agree. Hillary Clinton (who rigged this election), Quackademic medicine (and lax regulations on it; this includes the irresponsible promotion of the quackery called cupping by Michael Phelps), global warming deniers, prevalence of planned obsolescence, science funding continuing to dwindle, creationism/intelligent design, and Donald Trump in general.

Striker Mario said:
this includes the irresponsible promotion of the quackery called cupping by Michael Phelps)

From what I've read, I'm actually pretty sure cupping is safe. There's really nothing wrong with a superstition here or there; I really don't see what's so "irresponsible" about it.

Andymii said:
Striker Mario said:
this includes the irresponsible promotion of the quackery called cupping by Michael Phelps)

From what I've read, I'm actually pretty sure cupping is safe. There's really nothing wrong with a superstition here or there; I really don't see what's so "irresponsible" about it.

Cupping is pseudoscientific, ancient, pre-science quackery that has no place in terms of using actual medicine for the benefits it supposedly provides. All alternate medicine is like this, and cupping can actually lead to 3rd degree-like burns if it was abused, as suction from cupping breaks capillaries, hence why bruises are formed after a cupping session; multiple treatment of cupping in the same areas that are left by the bruises can cause full-layer necrosis.

Cupping has been tested several times by science, there's no substantial evidence that proves these claims about the benefits of cupping aside from a possible weak placebo, in which people who practice cupping are better off with other treatments like massages or you know, actual medicine.

It's all risk with virtually no benefit.

Something about placing suction cups on your back and creating circular-shaped bruises and something about qi and the life force in your body woo woo woo.

Discussed (criticized) in the science-based medicine blog.

How relevant to this topic it is? Well, quackery is traditionally associated with the left, but some tenets are embraced by the right, too. It's one of those few issues that aren't divided by party lines.

Back