Things that you feel that aren't as bad as people make it out to be.

Dr. Peach

Rest in Peace Walkazo 1991-2016
Banned User
Hey guys, this thread is about things that you feel that aren't so bad as people make it out to be.

Here is one thing that I feel that isn't so bad as people make it out to be.

Windows Vista.

It's not that bad of an OS. It's not even the worst version of Windows AT ALL. Windows Me (Millennium Edition) deserves this title due to being a rushed product and a more unstable OS. Vista worked flawlessly on my old Pentium 4 that was made in 2005 which had a Pentium 4 at 3.4 GHz. It worked really well on my Core 2 Quad rig perfectly with 8GB of RAM on the 64-bit edition.

What other things do you feel that aren't so bad as people make it out to be?

Paper Mario: Sticker Star. It's not a great game, probably in my opinion worse than 7/10's that some reviewers gave it, but they don't necessarily deserve 1-3/10's either. They're at worst average, mediocre RPGs. If they didn't abuse the Paper Mario name, it would have faded into obscurity. I understand where the sheer disappointment is coming from, I really do, considering I far prefer the 64/TTYD battle system, their varied NPCs, and their more interesting partners, but the game had come out in 2012. It's been four years since it has started the demise of the Paper Mario franchise, and it's about time to accept it.

Mario Party 9, another similar game in terms of how disappointing it is to its series name, has only the board gameplay as horrible. The mini-games are great, if not, even better than most Mario Party games have to offer. I really think adding a New Super Mario Bros.-theme to some of the minigames is a bit of a genius idea, even. Just don't overdo it so the novelty wears off, which Mario Party 9 respectfully did in moderation.

A lot of the "annoying" characters in video games (ie Baby Mario's crying, Navi, low Pokemon HP sound effect, Daisy, Slippy, etc.) don't really bother me as much as I had seen hate for.

Cold weather, most of all.

Baby Luigi said:
Paper Mario: Sticker Star. It's not a great game, probably in my opinion worse than 7/10's that some reviewers gave it, but they don't necessarily deserve 1-3/10's either. They're at worst average, mediocre RPGs. If they didn't abuse the Paper Mario name, it would have faded into obscurity. I understand where the sheer disappointment is coming from, I really do, considering I far prefer the 64/TTYD battle system, their varied NPCs, and their more interesting partners, but the game had come out in 2012. It's been four years since it has started the demise of the Paper Mario franchise, and it's about time to accept it.

Mario Party 9, another similar game in terms of how disappointing it is to its series name, has only the board gameplay as horrible. The mini-games are great, if not, even better than most Mario Party games have to offer. I really think adding a New Super Mario Bros.-theme to some of the minigames is a bit of a genius idea, even. Just don't overdo it so the novelty wears off, which Mario Party 9 respectfully did in moderation.

A lot of the "annoying" characters in video games (ie Baby Mario's crying, Navi, low Pokemon HP sound effect, Daisy, Slippy, etc.) don't really bother me as much as I had seen hate for.
I strongly agree with this barring the low HP in Pokémon noise as its resemblance to some alarm clocks greatly unsettles me when I hear it sometimes, though I'm not exactly sure why.

Baby Luigi said:

I like how Black and White made the low HP sound into a theme, but I didn't like when it played over the themes of important trainers like Gym Leaders, Elite Four, N or Ghetsis.

Baby Luigi said:
hell baby marios crying definitely isnt the WORST in the games

theres baby peachs shrill wailing to contend with and honestly i feel like baby mario had the least grating crying sound out of all the babies in yoshis island ds

Baby Luigi said:

All of these are absolutely true. While some want to argue, perhaps correctly, perhaps incorrectly, that Sticker Star and Mario Party 9 are shameful to their series, it's time to accept that the developers have decided on a new direction, and start judging the games on their own merits.

On the topic of decay, I loathe the constant chatter on "the immenent collapse of x", where x is the morals of the youth, laws of society, any system of government, any organization, or whatever you want to fill in the blank with. It's important to promote active discussion and educated speculation, but people need to show some restraint. It's an age old struggle of people not wanting things to change in a way they're uncomfortable with, and the majority (though not all) of the arguments turn into fear mongering and outright exaggerated complaining.

On a lighter note, I agree with Lyn; cold weather is actually a joy. At least you can bundle up when it's cold, but in the heat, you reach points where nothing more can be done.

Finally, college tests tend to be overblown. I mean, yes, some are difficult and others extremely important, but, if people would just study, relax a little, and do their work, there wouldn't be such a reason to be worked up.

Back