Lovable fangames topic.

have fun in 2019

Also, yes!!! 2 DAYS UNTIL AM2R

I'm not much of a Metroid fan (never played Metroid 2) but AM2R looks really polished. I'll have to check it out.

YES IT IS

I DON'T EVEN RECOGNIZE AREA 7 ANYMORE

MY BABY GROWS UP SO FAST

Seriously. I'm so glad I held off on playing any demos or anything. It made the wait all the more worth it.

Only up to Area 2 but I'll absolutely be playing this more tomorrow.

yesss am2r is king, plus theres already a optional boss ive fought for spring ball, i assume its optional anyway spring ball is usually optional i think.

Threek said:
Seriously. I'm so glad I held off on playing any demos or anything. It made the wait all the more worth it.

Only up to Area 2 but I'll absolutely be playing this more tomorrow.

I played the demo twice before release, and I've only made it up to one area past the 1.4 demo. I couldn't imagine the pain of no playing AM2R for so long.

Zae Eildus said:
yesss am2r is king, plus theres already a optional boss ive fought for spring ball, i assume its optional anyway spring ball is usually optional i think.

Arachnus, right? I beat Metroid II without fighting it, I don't know about AM2R, but I would assume it's optional. Maybe I'll skip it next run.

more am2r time, i got 4 energy tanks got the space jump and had an awesome fight against a chorizo(sp?).

this game is amazing.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/262937-metroid-2-fan-remake-takedown-request-confirmed-to-be-real

well

i can't say i didn't see it coming

well time to rely on people who have the best services: torrent sites!

fuck you nintendo

Nintendo's salty because everyone knows that AM2R is miles better than anything Federation Force could dream of being.

We saw it coming and it sucks.

Though I'm so glad we were able to experience the full version. While Nintendo not taking it down earlier, and rather taking it down when it's out and there's nothing they can do about it, is questionable - it's much better than having been cancelled during development.

Stick your Federation Force up your ass, Nintendo.

it's kinda weird and insane that in an era where the big japanese publishers are getting less uptight about fan content, Nintendo is getting *worse*.

Goddamnit Nintendo. I had no interest in this at all and I'm still pissed. How are you so backwards on anything to do with fan content or the Internet?

The creator finally speaks of the situation.

http://metroid2remake.blogspot.fi/2016/08/the-future-of-am2r.html

I really like the way he did.

AM2R may be taken down, but it's not necessarily Nintendo's fault. Remakes, profit or non-profit, tend to be taken down since nobody would buy the original if the remake was it but better in every way - AND free. (Though, this is not true for me and I'd still play the original to this day.)

Plus, Nintendo actually LET us play the long-awaited full version. The full version we've been waiting for at LEAST 8 years. They did take it down only a couple days after release, but this way they protected their IP and gave us the game. They could've been dickwads and cancelled it mid-way through production - I have little doubt they were aware of this game in some way or form. Even if Nintendo didn't want us to have it, they can't do anything about it. It's out, people have it. And that's not to say more people won't have it. From what I've heard, there's been a few people over the Reddit who were distributing copies of the game, but they were taken down. Now people are emailing each other. It's still out there.

Plus, it still may be getting updated!

it doesnt matter anyway since am2r is all over the internet and nintendo cant do anything to stop it.

So everyone still gets to enjoy am2r.

Just came across this Pokémon RPG which took 9 years to make. Supports online trading and battling.

https://youtu.be/q8NxPo4S4To

Back