Official E3 2016 thread

NSY

Celestial Guide
The biggest week in gaming in less than a week away. Nintendo will not doing much this year as they plan to just do a treehouse event and conferences. However their are still 5 other press conferences to look forward. What are your hopes and expectations for this year?

Timetable: (times adjusted to your zone)

EA:

Bethesda:

Microsoft:

PC Gaming Show:

Ubisoft:

Sony:

Nintendo Treehouse: ,

Will Ubisoft announce Beyond Good & Evil 2?

Or how about a new Rayman game? They really need to do more after Legends aside from those mobile runners.

Ok just calling this, but each new installment of The Elder Scrolls is added a year between release dates. So like it was four years between Oblivion and Skyrim, so that means five years later (2017), will be the next elder scrolls.

So I'm predicting Bethesda announcing the next elder scrolls.

I am 85% confident on this.

DragonFreak said:
Ok just calling this, but each new installment of The Elder Scrolls is added a year between release dates. So like it was four years between Oblivion and Skyrim, so that means five years later (2017), will be the next elder scrolls.

So I'm predicting Bethesda announcing the next elder scrolls.

I am 85% confident on this.

my thoughts exactly

like im not even kidding ive had these thoughts exactly

Ea's conference happened and well

It wasn't great nor was i expecting it to be. They showed titanfall and battlefield and they look nice but nothing new. New Mass Effect looks promising, they announced an Indie Game network along with Fe. There was also sports as you would expect.

I just saw the trailer for The Walking Dead Season 3 by Telltale Games that was revealed today, the 2 year wait for the release of the game was worth it!.

Clem's back

So the two conferences from yesterday so far:

EA - F+. And honestly, this was one of their better conferences, due to it being short I guess. The presentation was half sports games, which are the same every year anyways, some weird Star Wars Trailer that had no real content, titanfall 2 and battlefield 1 which looked cool i guess but this was still meh. then like one indie game which was the only previously unannounced game theyve shown i think (idr if titanfall 2 was a thing before). And finally the only good thing was a pretty great Mass Effect 4 Trailer I guess but yeah, the presentation itself was absolutely abysmal and I think most people will agree on this rating or a similar one.

Bethesda - C/C-. The conference itself was alright, however this year kind of lacked the power Bethesda's pc had last year, possibly because they didn't have a new Doom and a new Fallout to reveal. The Quake Reveal was pretty good and the Dishonored 2 Trailers/Gameplay went on for a bit too long imo but looked alright as well. The Prey 2 trailer looked really interesting I guess. Skyrim Remastered is just ugh though, and the rest of the stuff that was mentioned was completely forgettable. Gutseh and me agreed on giving this a C yesterday but tbf, since Bethesda's last conference was more like a B/B+ I'd rather like to distance this one more.

I expect Microsofts conference today to be okay, hopefully they can pull something good out of bag. Ubisofts will defiantly be entertaining as they know how to present, the games though I expect little. Sony's should be good.

Microsoft - B+. Props, this was a really great conference. I can not name anything in this conference that annoyed me (maybe except for that cringeworthy rare pirate game trailer). The presentation was nice, they announced not one but TWO new consoles, a bunch of newly announced games, a new Final Fantasy 15 gameplay scene that looked epic to say the least, and the new & windows 10 meme, which wasnt a forced meme like in ubisofts last conference, but actually felt natural. I can not complain about this conference, honestly. That alone would net a B in my book, the + is for some really nice stuff I wouldn't even have expected to see like FF15 for example.

yeah i alughed during that though, was still cringeworthy

also my inital reaction to the ff15 part:

[18:54:14] SQUARE ENIX
[18:54:19] GutsehMan: Freakworld: get ready for it
[18:54:21] Freakworld: YES
[18:54:22] LETS GO
[18:54:23] ALRIGHT
[18:54:24] tailmon: oh i don't care about either of those
[18:54:34] Freakworld: THEY ARE CRASHING THE CONFERENCE
[18:54:35] DragonFreak: squuuuuuuaaaaaareeeeee
[18:54:35] Freakworld: I TOLD YOU
[18:54:45] tailmon: i don't really care that much about xbox tbh i'm just here out of curiosity
[18:54:49] Freakworld: I WONT PLAY THIS GAME ON THIS CONSOLE BUT
[18:54:51] I DONT CARE
[18:55:02] FUCK YEAH
[18:55:08] im half erect right now

we happy few was the highlight for me at least

it'd be great if nintendo could offer their own controller customisation or even just bluetooth support and not charge 70$AU for a wii remote

back to studying until sony's conference i guess

PC Gaming Show (still going on at the time of this post but whatever) - F-. 100% Boring.

Ubisoft - C+. Would write a detailed explaination here now but I'm fucking tired so that has to wait.

i was genuinely excited for a new crash for a second there but oh no we get remasters and skylanders

As far as I've seen, this is a pretty darn lukewarm E3 this year.

excited for:

spooderman
the last guardian
horizon: better zelda
maybe crash remasters

i've got more than enough justification for buying a ps4 later in the year now

probably not VR though, I get the feeling that those VR 'experiences' will probably boil down to one or two levels of combat in VR tacked on and advertised like a nintendo gimmick level but eh, progress

Back